The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 09:01 PM   #451
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

To hurt her leg it implies action beforehand.

Of course she may be ready injured when they rescue her but that takes away from the scene. It's better plotting if she's hurt while helping with her own escape. I find it hard to believe Anna would agree to come back if Rogue was weak throughout. Especially after she basically said she wanted to fight/fly etc at SDCC. Surely she got a little something in DOFP.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:02 AM   #452
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

In my opinion, Anna Paquin is gonna agree to comeback whatever her role is. She already portrayed the character for three times and since X-Men 3, she haven't had a big film.

Not all actors are not gonna say no because they aren't getting what they want like flying or kicking ass. Almost every actor has a wishlist with the things they want to do in a movie or a TV show. But they don't automatically say no, if they don't get it.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 11-14-2013, 12:14 AM   #453
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
In my opinion, Anna Paquin is gonna agree to comeback whatever her role is. She already portrayed the character for three times and since X-Men 3, she haven't had a big film.

Not all actors are not gonna say no because they aren't getting what they want like flying or kicking ass. Almost every actor has a wishlist with the things they want to do in a movie or a TV show. But they don't automatically say no, if they don't get it.
I think you make a good point.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:25 AM   #454
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Thanks I See Spidey!

Old 11-14-2013, 05:17 AM   #455
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:

Completely disagree with you. Anna had to juggle a very busy schedule to take part in DOFP. I don't believe for a second she would exhaust herself just to do much of nothing. She's back because she likes something in the script IMO. She will have been told in advance what she would be doing, they do that to get old cast to things. She had some incentive to return, and I doubt it was the pay packet as TB pay her very well.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #456
Melapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
Completely disagree with you. Anna had to juggle a very busy schedule to take part in DOFP. I don't believe for a second she would exhaust herself just to do much of nothing. She's back because she likes something in the script IMO. She will have been told in advance what she would be doing, they do that to get old cast to things. She had some incentive to return, and I doubt it was the pay packet as TB pay her very well.
I agree. Her husband and her are making 275,000 per episode each one, so I bet she doesn't heave money problems, and TB has make her more famous than X-Men did in the past. She also had twin babies at home that were pretty sick in their first weeks and had spent several weekends before DOFP filmming Susanna in LA. She could easily pass on this and stay at home instead of traveling to Montreal for a whole week.

If she's back it's because her role is interesting, but I don't think is going to have many action scenes.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:04 AM   #457
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Also I think she wants to redeem her character in the eyes of the fans and herself even. Maybe there are big plans down the road for her and she's into it. She is familiar with 90s TAS Rogue, I think she would probably prefer to play a role closer to that eventually.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:43 AM   #458
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
I agree. Her husband and her are making 275,000 per episode each one, so I bet she doesn't heave money problems, and TB has make her more famous than X-Men did in the past. She also had twin babies at home that were pretty sick in their first weeks and had spent several weekends before DOFP filmming Susanna in LA. She could easily pass on this and stay at home instead of traveling to Montreal for a whole week.

If she's back it's because her role is interesting, but I don't think is going to have many action scenes.
Oh I'm not expecting loads of action. But she did have a stunt double and Anna came back so I wouldn't be surprised if she has one action scene. She may also have loved the idea of Rogue being the key to saving mutant kind. It's a big reversal of X3 when instead of fighting for them she turned her back on them. Which Anna hated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Also I think she wants to redeem her character in the eyes of the fans and herself even. Maybe there are big plans down the road for her and she's into it. She is familiar with 90s TAS Rogue, I think she would probably prefer to play a role closer to that eventually.
I agree. Something about DOFP obviously redeems Rogue after X3. And it's not just her having her powers back, which Anna will have loved.

I also agree she was probably told it could lead to a sequel with a bigger role and the content Anna's wanted to do for years. Look at the things she said at SDCC about being down with the idea of Rogue meeting Gambit and then she looked at Bryan when she said she wants Rogue to fly.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #459
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i doubt any of the OT have had singer nudge them and say hey wait untill the next movie big plans for your character wink wink, i think many would like to hope thats the case but its more likely they have no idea if there will be another for them

rogues role will probably be to bring logan back while the mutants defend from the sentinels as long as they can meaning its all up to rogue to return logan to the future which probably won't be easy

Old 11-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #460
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
i doubt any of the OT have had singer nudge them and say hey wait untill the next movie big plans for your character wink wink, i think many would like to hope thats the case but its more likely they have no idea if there will be another for them

rogues role will probably be to bring logan back while the mutants defend from the sentinels as long as they can meaning its all up to rogue to return logan to the future which probably won't be easy
Of course they know it's a possibility considering Singer said so at SDCC in front of them. He said all possibilities are being considered, so they do know they may well get another movie. And they may have had a more solid answer in private about it. We aren't of that much, we are sure the potential for a sequel and Rogue getting more material has been publicly stated and they heard it.

That is seeming to be what her role is. Though we don't have official confirmation of that yet. But adding the up to now proven Vulture spoilers with the little bits of clips/pics we have it seems to fit. I imagine Anna would like Rogue essentially being the big hero.

Old 11-14-2013, 02:09 PM   #461
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

given its very enthusiastic speculation that has very little if not anything to back it up, i really wouldn't look to much into it, it seems like wishful thinking to me

Old 11-14-2013, 03:38 PM   #462
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
given its very enthusiastic speculation that has very little if not anything to back it up, i really wouldn't look to much into it, it seems like wishful thinking to me
This.

It'd be cool to see Rogue borrow half her incapacitated team mates' powers, fly and bust the head off a couple sentinels at the last minute, but honestly, that's never been something that the writers/directors have ever been interested in doing with her before. We wanted all this in X3, and it never happened then either.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:28 PM   #463
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
You know what, the way I see it, if I'm actor in Hollywood and I get a chance to appear in a blockbuster movie, I would say yes right away. Then if I already appeared in that franchise before, I wouldn't think twice. It doesn't matter that much if I'm already the lead of a TV show. Its exposure, extra cash and its cool to appear in a big movie like X-Men.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:11 PM   #464
xrs13
Cold as ice

Don't forget the OT cast have all said they were a bit of a family, who wouldnt want to go back to that even just for a day!

Old 11-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #465
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Exactly! Even Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Famke Janssen and Rebecca Romijn all agreed to have a cameo/small role in non-core X-Men films.

Old 11-19-2013, 02:43 PM   #466
darkangel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Exactly! Even Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Famke Janssen and Rebecca Romijn all agreed to have a cameo/small role in non-core X-Men films.
Hugh - First Class
Patrick - Origins Wolverine,The Wolverine
Ian - The Wolverine
Famke - The Wolverine
Rebecca - First class

Old 11-19-2013, 11:27 PM   #467
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Would be cool if Anna wound up in the next Wolverine film. I think it would be smart for FOX to expand more X-Men into the Wolverine movies if they are planning to continue those films.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:00 AM   #468
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

I'm not counting on that. It would make we actually want to watch another Wolverine movie. But I'm not sure they'd want him having to share the limelight. I'd rather have another OT sequel with Rogue in it.

Though I'll take whatever so long as she gets good stuff. And if she ever met Gambit, that would be gravy.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #469
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

a lot of it depends how DOFP ends.Once we see DOFP that will give us some idea of direction they are going.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:15 PM   #470
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Well not all people who will see the movie, will think "oh thats it for them".

Old 11-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #471
Melapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm not counting on that. It would make we actually want to watch another Wolverine movie. But I'm not sure they'd want him having to share the limelight. I'd rather have another OT sequel with Rogue in it.

Though I'll take whatever so long as she gets good stuff. And if she ever met Gambit, that would be gravy.
In origins they casted Ryan Reynolds and Liev Schreiber and in The Wolverine Famke Janssen. I don't think Hugh Jackman is that insecure...

I want Rogue in this sequel, I've waiting for a serious seepening in Wolverine/Rogue relationship and this kind of movie is the better way to do it.

Fingers crossed

Old 11-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #472
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Rogue would probably get a better role In a wolverine movie then she would a team movie

Old 11-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #473
Melapi
Side-Kick

I think so. They tend to push her in the background in team movies.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #474
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
In origins they casted Ryan Reynolds and Liev Schreiber and in The Wolverine Famke Janssen. I don't think Hugh Jackman is that insecure...

I want Rogue in this sequel, I've waiting for a serious seepening in Wolverine/Rogue relationship and this kind of movie is the better way to do it.

Fingers crossed
It's not about the Hugh, it's about the producer/director. Jean wasn't a big character in TW so she couldn't steal the limelight. And in Origins they were new characters so aren't what I mean.

If Rogue was in TW2 I can't image it being a big or impressive role as Wolverine always have to be the main star. They wouldn't want Rogue stealing his limelight. I get the impression that was part of the reason she didn't make TW. They didn't want too much competition.

If she got good stuff in a sequel I wouldn't complain about her being in one. I'm just not confident she would. I'd prefer her in an OT sequel as I think she'd be more equal in that. Though I just want her to have her due, regardless of which movie that's in. I just want her to finally reach the potential of her character arc. She deserves that.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #475
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Rogue has important role In X-Men.And it seems like her role In DOFP Is
Important too

However If
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
DOFP does indeed create a new timeline we may not see Rogue again anytime soon after DOFP at least not with Anna as Rogue

Closed Thread