Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #626
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
You need to work on your attitude

If some of us don't believe FC naturally fit in the AOA plot that's our right to say so. We have explained why we think what we do. Some of us aren't massive FC fanboys like you, so we'd prefer they weren't shoved in the storyline for the sake of it. Their presence has to make sense.

IMO it makes more sense for the AOA to come in the new altered future, not the past as we're already getting that messed with once in DOFP. It could seem a rehash for two movies in a row. And for the OT to be supporting roles again. I have no idea what Singer and Donner's ideas are on it - because we haven't been told I'll wait to be told, and go from there. But it doesn't mean I'll have to jump for joy at any FC presence in the movie if they're there. I'll just accept it because I'm an adult and I can do that.

Though so far I don't believe the cheesy rumoured ending to DOFP. It sounds fake. I'll need more proof before I believe that. Of course FC might be there, but we don't know yet which characters will be there for certain. We can only guess based on who's the most likely from what we do have. Which makes it seem very likely Rogue will be there in whatever size role. And other OT characters too.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #627
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Quote:
I expect Rogue on the big group poster and her to get her own promo pics. I'm not sure what else to expect her on. I'll take whatever I can get

I'm not expecting Quicksilver on promo stuff, other than a solo picture (maybe). He doesn't seem like a big enough character, but we'll see. I'm also not certain Bishop will make the group poster, though it's a good possibility with him already having a solo picture released.

Luna didn't have a big part in the battle which is probably why she didn't get a poster in some part of the world like all the other prominent characters did.

Yeah I agree with you. Also Luna and Rogue are similar if you think. They have important roles somewhat but when the fighting starts, they are never there. They never get to fight. Dofp will change that though for Rogue!

Old 12-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #628
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastStorm98 View Post
Yeah I agree with you. Also Luna and Rogue are similar if you think. They have important roles somewhat but when the fighting starts, they are never there. They never get to fight. Dofp will change that though for Rogue!
Luna fought in OotP. Though not as much as the others, that's true. She was the least combative of the sextet.

I'm not sure how much action Rogue will get in DOFP, possibly very little. But Anna did have a stunt double and reasonably you'd expect her to help in her own escape. But I think the big action stuff she may get would be in the AOA sequel. If she's in it, which is looking likely. We know Anna really wants Rogue to be kickass. Hopefully DOFP at least let's her do something of that.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #629
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Quote:
Luna fought in OotP. Though not as much as the others, that's true. She was the least combative of the sextet.

I'm not sure how much action Rogue will get in DOFP, possibly very little. But Anna did have a stunt double and reasonably you'd expect her to help in her own escape. But I think the big action stuff she may get would be in the AOA sequel. If she's in it, which is looking likely. We know Anna really wants Rogue to be kickass. Hopefully DOFP at least let's her do something of that.
Ur right and I believe when she is escaping she will get some some action OR atleast be involved in it, she must! Looks like she gets hurt fighting or she got hit and needed to lean on Bobby.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #630
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
Yes. If Fox is planning to tell this story with both casts they should use them in the same condictions, casting OT cast as suporting actors is lame, specially when in the past the box office were most in love with the OT and Wolverine.
Exactly!
Quote:
I agree. To me it doesn't make sense to use FC characters for this plot at all. I reckon it will feel they're shoehorned into the plot tbh.
Shoe-horned definitely especially the FC still has 1 film on their contract and might Fox might want to use X-Men: Apocalypse to fulfill their contract.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/

Last edited by psylockolussus; 12-08-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #631
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
All X3 promo shots came in Dec 6, so now that we have passed Dec 6 of this year, and the first banner has just been released, all the solo shots will come any day now.
That doesn't really confirm anything. We didn't get promo shots of First Class/The Wolverine/Origins in Dec 6.
Quote:
Yeah hopefully this week we get some great promo pictures.
I have some great idea for posters:
Group poster 1: Wolverine, Storm, Xavier, Magneto
Group poster 2: Young Xavier, Young Magneto, Mystique, Beast
Group poster 3: Kitty, Rogue, Iceman, Collossus
Group poster 4: Blink, Bishop, Warpath, Sunspot

I don't think quicksilver needs a poster, not even Collosus or new mutants.
When Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 was coming out, there were no pics of Luna Love good, not a single photoshoot or poster. But she had a big part.
Group posters (if they'll release them) will probably be released next year - like March to May.

You don't want Fox to bombard us with a lot of posters 5 months before the movie.

And I think all characters should get a poster (except for Dinklage, Helman)

Last edited by psylockolussus; 12-08-2013 at 09:21 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:47 PM   #632
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

That would be a lot of character posters. I don't think they'd do that. They might do like they did in X2 and have characters in a tiled promo pic poster. They could get everyone if they released a couple of those with so many per one. And of course most would make the usual big group picture.

Quote:
Ur right and I believe when she is escaping she will get some some action OR atleast be involved in it, she must! Looks like she gets hurt fighting or she got hit and needed to lean on Bobby.
Yeah, her limping suggests she's at least been in a struggle before the clip we saw. Hopefully it's an active struggle and not just her tripping over something

If Iceman possibly doesn't make it back to the jet and she does, then she'd have to do something to insure her own safety. It can't be all Magneto saving her. He's getting on.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #633
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, her limping suggests she's at least been in a struggle before the clip we saw. Hopefully it's an active struggle and not just her tripping over something

If Iceman possibly doesn't make it back to the jet and she does, then she'd have to do something to insure her own safety. It can't be all Magneto saving her. He's getting on.
Yeah but hopefully she will actually fight. Maybe when she is at the temple but that's a low chance since she might need to be with wolverine

Old 12-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #634
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah but hopefully she will actually fight. Maybe when she is at the temple but that's a low chance since she might need to be with wolverine
I reckon her best chance of getting to fight would be during her (apparent) escape. Like you said, in the temple she'd have to keep her hands by Wolverine's head. The only way she'd get to fight then would be if it's before she takes over from Kitty.

Hopefully she gets to some action somewhere. I can't see Anna wanting Rogue sitting it all out yet again.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #635
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
A) There were more OT characters so some didn't get the exposure they should have
I'm not sure what makes anyone think that these characters will get more exposure if another OT film gets made, though. I don't see Rogue, Iceman, Kitty etc. suddenly propelled to major roles. Particularly the female characters.

I'm sceptical whether Rogue will be anything else than a damsel-in-distress, yet again, in DoFP.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:08 PM   #636
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Quote:
I reckon her best chance of getting to fight would be during her (apparent) escape. Like you said, in the temple she'd have to keep her hands by Wolverine's head. The only way she'd get to fight then would be if it's before she takes over from Kitty.

Hopefully she gets to some action somewhere. I can't see Anna wanting Rogue sitting it all out yet again.
Yeah, that makes me wonder if Kitty gets action. Maybe before time travel. But trust me, nowadays cbms find ways to display all characters, I feel everybody will shine,

Old 12-08-2013, 10:09 PM   #637
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
That would be a lot of character posters. I don't think they'd do that.
Well they released 8 character posters for The Wolverine/First Class.

For Days of Future Past they could release 13 character posters (for the cast members who attended Comic-Con except for Dinklage)

Then character posters for Colossus, Sunspot, Blink and Warpath, thats 17.

If its too many, some or all of them could share a poster.

1. Professor X/Magneto (young)
2. Professor X/Magneto (old)
3. Wolverine/Sentinel
4. Storm/Rogue
5. Shadowcat/Iceman
6. Bishop/Colossus
7. Quicksilver/Trask
8. Sunspot/Blink/Warpath
9. Mystique/Beast

Old 12-09-2013, 05:56 AM   #638
Melapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
That doesn't really confirm anything. We didn't get promo shots of First Class/The Wolverine/Origins in Dec 6.
No it doesn't confirm anything, buf after the release of the first images last week, it's easy to see a pattern with that date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
I'm not sure what makes anyone think that these characters will get more exposure if another OT film gets made, though. I don't see Rogue, Iceman, Kitty etc. suddenly propelled to major roles. Particularly the female characters.

I'm sceptical whether Rogue will be anything else than a damsel-in-distress, yet again, in DoFP.
I beg your pardon???

Old 12-09-2013, 06:04 AM   #639
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, that makes me wonder if Kitty gets action. Maybe before time travel. But trust me, nowadays cbms find ways to display all characters, I feel everybody will shine,
I have a feeling Kitty won't. She's key to the plan and they wouldn't want to risk her. Plus if she's having to sit by Wolverine's head all the time when the Sentinels probably attack she couldn't do a thing. I get the impression the action for the OT characters won't come until after Logan is already sent back. It doesn't mean Kitty can't shine. She is one of the hero's of the plan.

Rogue having to escape from prison could mean she has no choice but to do something even if she's key to the plan. So I think one action scene for her is a good possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Well they released 8 character posters for The Wolverine/First Class.

For Days of Future Past they could release 13 character posters (for the cast members who attended Comic-Con except for Dinklage)

Then character posters for Colossus, Sunspot, Blink and Warpath, thats 17.

If its too many, some or all of them could share a poster.

1. Professor X/Magneto (young)
2. Professor X/Magneto (old)
3. Wolverine/Sentinel
4. Storm/Rogue
5. Shadowcat/Iceman
6. Bishop/Colossus
7. Quicksilver/Trask
8. Sunspot/Blink/Warpath
9. Mystique/Beast
Yes, they could do that. Or the tile ones are a good option too. Also they could do mini group ones like that banner, featuring just some of the characters at a time.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #640
Melapi
Side-Kick

Now Vulture says no Rogue for Apocalypse

If I belive this article, which I'm not sure I'll do after all the diferent exclusives of the last days, they're saying Fox/Singer casted the OT cast just to make FC cast more bankable in DOFP and after that keep working with the less productive team... It's too stupid, even for a studio.

Suddenly I feel used.

This madness needs to end. I hope they made an afficial announcement soon.

EDIT: Sorry I forgot the link: http://www.vulture.com/2013/12/will-...pocalypse.html

Last edited by Melapi; 12-09-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #641
Angamb
Banned User

Im with some users that have said that Apocalypse announcement has been anticlimatic at the end.

In the sense that it has steal all the attention to DOFP, and now the fans are more hyped for that movie and at the same time, these rumours about FC cast being the focus... its like the whole concept behind DOFP was for nothing:

Most of us got sooo hyped with the return of Original cast and all the possibilities for the return of Cyclops, Gambit, Archangel... but now it was for nothing??

how can we be excited for DOFP and its future if we already know they wont be on the future movie?

Its a huge letdown.

Thats why a big part of me think this cant be the end for OT cast. It would be too anticlimatic to be real.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #642
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

Hey all, I'm really sorry if this has already been answered, but it seems like Rogue gets her powers back after X3?

Old 12-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #643
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
Now Vulture says no Rogue for Apocalypse

If I belive this article, which I'm not sure I'll do after all the diferent exclusives of the last days, they're saying Fox/Singer casted the OT cast just to make FC cast more bankable in DOFP and after that keep working with the less productive team... It's too stupid, even for a studio.

Suddenly I feel used.

This madness needs to end. I hope they made an afficial announcement soon.
For some time, there have been suggestions on here that DoFP serves to say a proper farewell to the OT cast - a better one than they got in X3 where most of them were vaporised or cured and/or mischaracterised.

They may well be bringing in younger versions of Jean, Scott and Storm.

It's difficult to say. Some if it might depend on reaction to DoFP - if critics are all praising the OT cast, then there might be discussions about somehow including some of them.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #644
Angamb
Banned User

and now that I think about it...

Do you really think Bishop and Blink were just introduced for only one movie?? when both play a big part in Apocalypse saga?

seriously, Singer must have bigger plans for Original cast, including Bishop, same with Cable and that XForce movie.

It all has to be a part of the future

Old 12-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #645
Melapi
Side-Kick

I agree, after all these years waitting for a propper Rogue, the OT cast and Bryan Singer coming back,the box office success of The Wolverine and all the excitement the OT actors were showing about the saga future... everything was indicating that something bigger was awaiting for us (OT fans), and now this???

I'm serious, if Vulture is right, and with all the box office fear/panic in Hollywood these days, why should Fox do something so unrrealistic. Who bets on the "weakest" team?

Old 12-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #646
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPinchy View Post
Hey all, I'm really sorry if this has already been answered, but it seems like Rogue gets her powers back after X3?
Yes.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:42 PM   #647
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

Thank god. That whole thing in X3 was really lame.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #648
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I think with Magneto having his powers in The Wolverine it pretty much confirms the cure didn't last. He was injected with three !

Old 12-09-2013, 04:25 PM   #649
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
and now that I think about it...

Do you really think Bishop and Blink were just introduced for only one movie?? when both play a big part in Apocalypse saga?

seriously, Singer must have bigger plans for Original cast, including Bishop, same with Cable and that XForce movie.

It all has to be a part of the future
I am sorry but all evidance points to just FC cast for Apocalypse.There Is no evidance that anything will be done with Bishop or Blink In future anymore than anything with OT cast.

Teenage Cyclops,Jean and Storm In Apocalypse mean a Star Trek 2009 situation Is occuring In DOFP because their appearances In that film would be inconsent with ages In Trilogy since DOFP places Places around 2013

All signs are ponting to timeline In series going from

First Class-X-Men-X2-X-Men the Last Stand-The Wolverine-X-Men Days of Future past

to First Class-Days of Future past-193 part of film-Apocalypse-X-Force

There Is question marks on Origins.Who knows where the new wolverine film would be placed.If Deadpool Is made it would be fit In second timeline.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #650
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

You can't believe Vulture. It contradicts Bleeding Cool. So why is one source more reliable than another? Especially when Singer already debunked the stupid alien rumour.

Just wait for the official word. This board is ridiculous for jumping to massive conclusions and ignoring what Singer says. I swear it's getting worse by the day.

Closed Thread