Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #651
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
You can't believe Vulture. It contradicts Bleeding Cool. So why is one source more reliable than another? Especially when Singer already debunked the stupid alien rumour.

Just wait for the official word. This board is ridiculous for jumping to massive conclusions and ignoring what Singer says. I swear it's getting worse by the day.
Because vulture got details on DOFP like JOsh Helman playing young william Stryker,Kitty seninnding wolverine back In time,and details about kitty and rogue.Bleeding cool tried to claim APocalypse would be main Villain of DOFP.

Vulture at this point is more credable with history.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #652
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Because vulture got details on DOFP like JOsh Helman playing young william Stryker,Kitty seninnding wolverine back In time,and details about kitty and rogue.Bleeding cool tried to claim APocalypse would be main Villain of DOFP.

Vulture at this point is more credable with history.
It got that info during production and it didn't get it about 12-15 months in advance.

Think logically. If they had this info why is it only getting released now AFTER Singer said there was a AOA sequel coming and when two other sites have said things based on that. One of which has been debunked by Singer himself and the other contradicts Vulture. Bleeding Cool have also gotten things to do with DOFP right. So you can't say one is more reliable than the other about rumours for a movie that won't even film for over a year and the script won't even be close to being finialized, never mind written.

The info just wouldn't be available for them to know so much of the plot. And the rumours they had about DOFP were sketchy. We had to fill in the Rogue part, they didn't. So even there they didn't have full details and that was of a script that was in use at the time. Not an unwritten one. Take it with a pinch of salt, there's three different stories already out there about Apocalypse and one has already been shot down. Don't be so quick to believe Vulture or even Bleeding Cool. Only believe official sources or rumours that can at least be supported by official material. The reason the DOFP rumours could be believed was because they fitted with what we knew of the filming schedule and other things. This new stuff is far too early for that.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #653
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
It got that info during production and it didn't get it about 12-15 months in advance.

Think logically. If they had this info why is it only getting released now AFTER Singer said there was a AOA sequel coming and when two other sites have said things based on that. One of which has been debunked by Singer himself and the other contradicts Vulture. Bleeding Cool have also gotten things to do with DOFP right. So you can't say one is more reliable than the other about rumours for a movie that won't even film for over a year and the script won't even be close to being finialized, never mind written.

The info just wouldn't be available for them to know so much of the plot. And the rumours they had about DOFP were sketchy. We had to fill in the Rogue part, they didn't. So even there they didn't have full details and that was of a script that was in use at the time. Not an unwritten one. Take it with a pinch of salt, there's three different stories already out there about Apocalypse and one has already been shot down. Don't be so quick to believe Vulture or even Bleeding Cool. Only believe official sources or rumours that can at least be supported by official material. The reason the DOFP rumours could be believed was because they fitted with what we knew of the filming schedule and other things. This new stuff is far too early for that.
All vulture has said Is bryan Singer is defently directing APocalypse and it would focus on FC cast.Sorry but nothing suggests Apocalypse Is main villain In DOFP like Bleedingcool said.

Besides if we did a poll I am sure majority would be In favor of doing film with
only FC cast.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #654
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
I beg your pardon???
This franchise, along with most other CBM franchises, has always focused primarily on male characters. I just don't see that changing any time soon with a Rogue, Storm, Kitty or any female character-centric X-Men movie.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #655
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
This franchise, along with most other CBM franchises, has always focused primarily on male characters. I just don't see that changing any time soon with a Rogue, Storm, Kitty or any female character-centric X-Men movie.
Yeah your right but Xmen hasn't done bad. Storm, Jean, Rogue and Kiity all got their spotlight, mostly Mystique. But more upcoming movies have kickass females:
Batman Vs Superman - Wonder W
Avengers 2: Scarlet Witch, Black Widow
Xmen- a good handful but mystique is lead

Old 12-09-2013, 10:18 PM   #656
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

If the OT cast is not back for Apocalypse.

Then I will expect a very notable box-office decline from DOFP to Apocalypse.

There's just no way Fox would move on with the prequel characters and expect bigger success.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page

Last edited by psylockolussus; 12-09-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:48 AM   #657
Melapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
If the OT cast is not back for Apocalypse.

Then I will expect a very notable box-office decline from DOFP to Apocalypse.

There's just no way Fox would move on with the prequel characters and expect bigger success.
I agree, that's why this sounds a true nosense.

Old 12-10-2013, 08:37 AM   #658
PhoenixRogue
Side-Kick

Come on you guys. Apocalypse movie is set 2,5 years from now. How can anybody know what characters will be the lead and who wont.

I personally think the OT cast has to do this movie cause Lets be honest. The horsemen of Apocalypse all are from the OT cast if they want to do it right. How can you do an Apocalypse movie without the main characters of the series of that time.

Old 12-10-2013, 08:42 AM   #659
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i have pointed out they may have an arc planned out so maybe... just maybe...

Old 12-10-2013, 12:13 PM   #660
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I agree with the Joker there. I think maybe Xmen apocalypse is just the beginning. Singer wants to direct the FC entirely and thats fine. Maybe it'll have a post credits scene with the OT cast. Its possible Singer and friends think the FC cast deserves 3 films and they're getting it out of the way while the contracts are good

Old 12-10-2013, 03:30 PM   #661
PhoenixRogue
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
i have pointed out they may have an arc planned out so maybe... just maybe...

Did I miss something ?

Old 12-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #662
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Just people think if Singer is directing a FC era film that means the OT cast is done for ever because they think why would Singer NOT direct his guys in favor of a different cast. The post above is suggesting X-Men: Apocalypse isn't THE END of the whole thing but rather part of a larger arc that will involved the OT cast again. I happen to agree!

Old 12-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #663
Angamb
Banned User

and me too!!

Glad to see there are quite some of us who think this way. We'll find it out in a few years! And we'll say: We told you!!

Old 12-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #664
Melapi
Side-Kick

I really want this to be true, but it's a big disappointment to have to wait more than a decade for a whole OT cast movie.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #665
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRogue View Post
Come on you guys. Apocalypse movie is set 2,5 years from now. How can anybody know what characters will be the lead and who wont.
And don't you think they already have a plan and ideas for this 2016 Apocalypse movie? Of course they have and thats why Fox announced this so early. And leak information for a movie like this isn't rare at all.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:45 PM   #666
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
I really want this to be true, but it's a big disappointment to have to wait more than a decade for a whole OT cast movie.
Well I definitely hate waiting that long. If it means we have to wait til 2018 to see a 5th X-Men film with the OT cast then its really a long wait! 4 years! Thats almost half of the gap between X3/DOFP.

Old 12-11-2013, 12:56 AM   #667
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

The OT era will have to end sometime.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:13 AM   #668
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Yes but not in 2014. If people think age is really an issue then I guess most of the MCU actors should not appear in upcoming MCU movies because RDJ is already 50 years old, SLJ is old and most of them are in their 30s.

Right now, they could do at least 3 more films with the OT cast especially if Fox considers to do back to back filming. Its not gonna hurt them more than a spin-off like X-Force or another FC film with less known characters.

Old 12-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #669
Retroman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
I think with Magneto having his powers in The Wolverine it pretty much confirms the cure didn't last. He was injected with three !
It was already hinted at the end of X3 when Magneto was playing chess. But yeah The Wolverine pretty much confirmed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
And don't you think they already have a plan and ideas for this 2016 Apocalypse movie? Of course they have and thats why Fox announced this so early. And leak information for a movie like this isn't rare at all.
Exactly. It's more than likely than Singer/Kinberg already have submitted some sort of early storyoutline that got the execs excited enough to greenlight a sequel.

Getting back to Rogue....i really hope that she gets at least one badass moment in DOFP;superstrength, flight, hand-to-hand combat...something!

Old 12-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #670
PhoenixRogue
Side-Kick

All I meant to say is that it is ( in my opinion ) to early to say what characters will be in it.
DoFP was set in stone before we even knew what team would be the lead and I refuse to believe the OT wont have any movies anymore.

AND GOD it takes long before we get some promo pictures of Rogue.
We need promo pictures, this is taking ages...

Old 12-13-2013, 11:00 PM   #671
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

It will probably come out next year.

Old 12-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #672
Melapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
In this franchise we have already Wolveriene as the star so he can be promoted in the future and for the moment Scott is dead. I don't think Colossus or Iceman are going to be promoted over Rogue or Kitty. In the past movies they were like the suporting actors of the suporting actors while the ladies have their own story arc.

I don't get your point, for me the only characters that can be promoted in this saga are female.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #673
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Quote:
In this franchise we have already Wolveriene as the star so he can be promoted in the future and for the moment Scott is dead. I don't think Colossus or Iceman are going to be promoted over Rogue or Kitty. In the past movies they were like the suporting actors of the suporting actors while the ladies have their own story arc.

I don't get your point, for me the only characters that can be promoted in this saga are female.
Only characters that can be promoted are female??? No, plenty of male characters that play big roles but like you, I want the women to take over lol.
I believe the most heavily promoted cast will be:
Old Xavier
Old Magneto
Young Xavier
Young Magneto
Wolverine
Mystique
Storm
Sentinels

Less promoted
Beast
Trask
Kitty
Rogue (a little considering her spoilery role)
Iceman

Old 12-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #674
Angamb
Banned User

Im dying to see Rogue finally appearing on the promotional pics.

It would feel sooooo epic to see all the actors together on a big poster/cover or something.

Just add Mystique, Storm and Rogue, and I could loose it

Old 12-16-2013, 04:17 PM   #675
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Im dying to see Rogue finally appearing on the promotional pics.

It would feel sooooo epic to see all the actors together on a big poster/cover or something.

Just add Mystique, Storm and Rogue, and I could loose it
Omg a dream come true. With such a huge cast, they should. Like the last Harry potter banner or the avengers poster! They could leave out a few like warpath and sunspot but I want Rogue! And kitty and iceman and Collosus

Closed Thread