The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #3
alexlachiusa
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 494
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Holy **** you people love to make **** up and then pass it off as fact.

alexlachiusa is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #4
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 26,417
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

I feel the need to get a response to this.

I now have this great image. I have no idea what fangz looks like, or whether fangz is a male or female. But I have this great image of a old school vampire, cape and all, in the theater with a notepad and glasses, leaning forward, paying close attention.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #5
fangz
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 258
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Iron Man 2 anybody?
see i think that Iron Man 2 is exactly the same problem as Thor 2.

Which i gotta say I am presuming during this whole comment that Thor 2 is gonna be as bad as it looks to me....

but Iron Man 2 had way deeper problems than Marvel's insistence that certain elements should be included to satisfy their track to Avengers.

Iron Man 2 came off to me like a movie that didn't know what it wanted to be in the first place. This is the writers and the director and creators fault...including RDJ in this case. It's also Marvel's fault for rushing it along and probably pushing for certain elements to be included.

But it wasn't some good movie that Marvel ruined. It's not a case of Big Bad Studio blowing the little pig's house down is what I mean.
And if it was, little pig's house must've sucked in the first place.

little pig, go make a better house, I guess is what I mean.

it might sound like I'm defending Marvel, but I'm trying to say these models that tend to get stereotypically tossed around really are misrepresentative of what actually goes on.

I think that at the end of the day, the director has to stand up and take responsibility for everything that happened. Cuz examples like Spider-Man 3, I see a director that didn't know what he wanted to do, or that couldn't turn what the studio wanted them to do into something compelling.

I know a lot of hands are tied all over the place, but ultimately, the director needs to answer to this. why did Chris Nolan maintain such a firm grip on all three Batman movies? Answer is not becuz everyone just liked him and decided they should be nicer to him than everyone else....
Answer is becuz he is a great director. directing a movie is more than yelling cut and giving motivation to actors, a lot of it is political and involves simply reading other people in charge and maintaining a lworking level of what you want to happen.

not saying that every situation is the same, some particular situations might be impossible to exit with victory...
that's just game mechanics.

fangz is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #6
fangz
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 258
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I feel the need to get a response to this.

I now have this great image. I have no idea what fangz looks like, or whether fangz is a male or female. But I have this great image of a old school vampire, cape and all, in the theater with a notepad and glasses, leaning forward, paying close attention.
haha, not far from fact. whatever else can be said, yeah, i pay attention.

haha.

fangz is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #7
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8,070
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlachiusa View Post
Holy **** you people love to make **** up and then pass it off as fact.



Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I feel the need to get a response to this.

I now have this great image. I have no idea what fangz looks like, or whether fangz is a male or female. But I have this great image of a old school vampire, cape and all, in the theater with a notepad and glasses, leaning forward, paying close attention.

TeeKay is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #8
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 26,417
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangz View Post
haha, not far from fact. whatever else can be said, yeah, i pay attention.

haha.
How dare you pay attention.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #9
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista
 
Crimson King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,918
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
What are you arguing here, that they are successful? That people will work with studios even if it isn't the most conducive to the creative process? This isn't a new thing.

No one is painting them as Big Bad Marvel, just that they do it and to deny it would be false. I am not saying this is the worst thing ever, hell that it is even a bad thing, but they interfere and TDW is proof. IM2 is proof. TIH is proof.

So please don't act like it doesn't happen.


And yet they have arguably produced the 4 of the 5 best superhero flicks we have seen all over the last 8 years.
Four of the best five? Maybe you and I can take that to PM, because I can't name more than two.

That's beside the point, which was that DC is having a hard time putting together a DCU because they don't have a strong guiding hand. You didn't really address that point, so I assume you agree.

What I don't like is Taylor's treatment of Gunn in the situation. It has nothing to do with my opinion of Marvel. For all your talk of worrying over how director's are treated, I'm surprised that you think it's okay for one director to crap all over another.

I'm not some blind Marvel fanboy, btw, despite how you try to paint me. I call them out on things I don't like and praise them when I think they deserve it. I don't think, in this situation (the mid-credits scene), that they've done anything remotely evil. It's exactly according to the framework they established before Taylor agreed to come on.

__________________
kingwrites.com // @kingmatte
Crimson King is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #10
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,133
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Man that new Cap trailer is awesome, I'd rank that shot of Winter Soldier catching Cap's shield up there with Malekith's surrounded by that red mist.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #11
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster
 
CosmicPinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: German by birth
Posts: 2,802
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlachiusa View Post
Holy **** you people love to make **** up and then pass it off as fact.



Indeed. If we were all right the world would be in chaos.

CosmicPinchy is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #12
fangz
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 258
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
How dare you pay attention.
wait... two middle fingers make a peace sign.



oh wait this was posted wrong. i meant this in response to Teekay...


Last edited by fangz; 10-24-2013 at 05:21 PM. Reason: not paying attention
fangz is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #13
T"Challa
Side-Kick
 
T"Challa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,955
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlachiusa View Post
Holy **** you people love to make **** up and then pass it off as fact.

__________________
Top 10 CBMs:
1. The Avengers 2. The Dark Knight 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier . 4.X-Men:DOFP 5. Guardians Of The Galaxy 6.Spiderman 2 7. X2: X Men United. 8. Iron Man 9. Batman Begins. 10. X-Men: First Class
T"Challa is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #14
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,064
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teekay
Well be careful man Some people are always armed and ready to take silly and cheap shots at DC if they can't come up with a good enough argument.
Hypocrite much? lol I've seen you take jabs at DC on these boards quite frequently, actually

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 05:07 PM   #15
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 26,417
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Four of the best five? Maybe you and I can take that to PM, because I can't name more than two.

That's beside the point, which was that DC is having a hard time putting together a DCU because they don't have a strong guiding hand. You didn't really address that point, so I assume you agree.
I personally think WB should have just kept doing what they were doing. But whatever happens, I think they will get it right in the end, at least in terms of Superman and Batman. Even if it is extremely painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
What I don't like is Taylor's treatment of Gunn in the situation. It has nothing to do with my opinion of Marvel. For all your talk of worrying over how director's are treated, I'm surprised that you think it's okay for one director to crap all over another.

I'm not some blind Marvel fanboy, btw, despite how you try to paint me. I call them out on things I don't like and praise them when I think they deserve it. I don't think, in this situation (the mid-credits scene), that they've done anything remotely evil. It's exactly according to the framework they established before Taylor agreed to come on.
Gunn's work wasn't interfered with. That is why I don't see a need to defend him. If this happens to Gunn and he says he doesn't like it, I'd defend him over it.

And you are wrong. It is not the same framework. It is in fact very different. 2 credit sequences, with the mid-credit sequence being by another director.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #16
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8,070
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Hypocrite much? lol I've seen you take jabs at DC on these boards quite frequently, actually
I have and that's in the past, do you see me doing it anymore recently? Actually not jabs but opinions. I don't go around saying Dc sucks or MOS sucks blah blah without giving any valid reasons as to why.


Last edited by TeeKay; 10-24-2013 at 05:12 PM.
TeeKay is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #17
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 26,417
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Hypocrite much? lol I've seen you take jabs at DC on these boards quite frequently, actually

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #18
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,064
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
I have and that's in the past, do you see me doing it anymore recently?
Well yes, from time to time I have..I think recently in the gotg boards. But secondly, I didn't say anything about recently, nor do I find anything WRONG with taking jabs at DC, hell, I'll defend you if you're getting crap for taking jabs, but you gotta own it, can't share all POVs. I just think your comment saying that people are waiting to cheapshot DC, is hypocritical, since I've seen you taking jabs at DC before, at one point, quite frequently.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #19
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista
 
Crimson King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,918
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I personally think WB should have just kept doing what they were doing. But whatever happens, I think they will get it right in the end, at least in terms of Superman and Batman. Even if it is extremely painful.


Gunn's work wasn't interfered with. That is why I don't see a need to defend him. If this happens to Gunn and he says he doesn't like it, I'd defend him over it.

And you are wrong. It is not the same framework. It is in fact very different. 2 credit sequences, with the mid-credit sequence being by another director.
I'm not wrong. It is the same framework. I'm not arguing one scene versus two. I'm arguing that the tag scene to set up the next film in line is usually done by another director. That is a fact. What Taylor said about Gunn's work was kind of a jerk thing to do. If you don't agree, that's fine.

Personally, I don't like the way DC was headed before MoS, mostly because I prefer a connected universe when it comes to superhero stories. Pretending like a single hero exists by himself in a world isn't as interesting to me when it comes to DC/Marvel heroes. I still liked a couple of the Nolan movies, but it would've been nice if they could have been linked to a greater universe.

__________________
kingwrites.com // @kingmatte
Crimson King is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #20
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,064
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I'm not wrong. It is the same framework. I'm not arguing one scene versus two. I'm arguing that the tag scene to set up the next film in line is usually done by another director. That is a fact. What Taylor said about Gunn's work was kind of a jerk thing to do. If you don't agree, that's fine.

Personally, I don't like the way DC was headed before MoS, mostly because I prefer a connected universe when it comes to superhero stories. Pretending like a single hero exists by himself in a world isn't as interesting to me when it comes to DC/Marvel heroes. I still liked a couple of the Nolan movies, but it would've been nice if they could have been linked to a greater universe.
Forgive me for jumping in the middle here, but isn't this whole connected universe thing still pretty new? Like, 2008 on? That's still pretty new, I mean, before the MCU, we've had marvel films in the past, none of which linked and they were still enjoyable, not anymore than DC films. I wouldn't exactly say DC not having a connected universe is a good reason for not liking them as much, more so as an excuse to mask a bias/opinion so that it doesn't start a flame war. Which leads me to think you may have a stronger opinion about DC than you are showing, please excuse the psychoanalysis

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #21
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 26,417
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I'm not wrong. It is the same framework. I'm not arguing one scene versus two. I'm arguing that the tag scene to set up the next film in line is usually done by another director. That is a fact. What Taylor said about Gunn's work was kind of a jerk thing to do. If you don't agree, that's fine.
IM- Tag scene setup, same director.

TIH- Tag scene setup, not sure about director.

IM2- Tag scene setup, different director.

Thor- Tag scene setup, different director.

TFA- No tag scene, trailer.

Avengers- Two scenes (one setup), same director.

IM3- Tag scene, same director.

Okay...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Personally, I don't like the way DC was headed before MoS, mostly because I prefer a connected universe when it comes to superhero stories. Pretending like a single hero exists by himself in a world isn't as interesting to me when it comes to DC/Marvel heroes. I still liked a couple of the Nolan movies, but it would've been nice if they could have been linked to a greater universe.
I just want great films. If you deliver me a great film, that is all I care about. For me, only Nolan and Bird have done that in the superhero genre.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #22
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8,070
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Well yes, from time to time I have..I think recently in the gotg boards. But secondly, I didn't say anything about recently, nor do I find anything WRONG with taking jabs at DC, hell, I'll defend you if you're getting crap for taking jabs, but you gotta own it, can't share all POVs. I just think your comment saying that people are waiting to cheapshot DC, is hypocritical, since I've seen you taking jabs at DC before, at one point, quite frequently.
Ummmm Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think I've recently taken any jabs at DC at the GOTG boards. Can you please show me where?

TeeKay is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #23
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista
 
Crimson King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,918
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Forgive me for jumping in the middle here, but isn't this whole connected universe thing still pretty new? Like, 2008 on? That's still pretty new, I mean, before the MCU, we've had marvel films in the past, none of which linked and they were still enjoyable, not anymore than DC films. I wouldn't exactly say DC not having a connected universe is a good reason for not liking them as much, more so as an excuse to mask a bias/opinion so that it doesn't start a flame war. Which leads me to think you may have a stronger opinion about DC than you are showing, please excuse the psychoanalysis
I said that I prefer a connected universe, not that I prefer Marvel over DC. I know the MCU started in 2008 and that there were Marvel films before that. What I was trying to get across is that I've always wanted these types of films to be connected, and now they are. If DC can manage to do the same with similar success, I'm all for it.

__________________
kingwrites.com // @kingmatte
Crimson King is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #24
Marvolo
Side-Kick
 
Marvolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 16,004
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
IM- Tag scene setup, same director.

TIH- Tag scene setup, not sure about director.

IM2- Tag scene setup, different director.

Thor- Tag scene setup, different director.

TFA- No tag scene, trailer.

Avengers- Two scenes (one setup), same director.

IM3- Tag scene, same director.

Okay...

I just want great films. If you deliver me a great film, that is all I care about. For me, only Nolan and Bird have done that in the superhero genre.
Fun Fact:

In Captain America: The First Avenger, the last scene of Cap in present day was shot by Joss and was originally the post credits scene. The children in the streets was to be the last scene before the credits. However, they weren't satisfied with that so they put the credits scene on the end and put a trailer for avengers after the credits.

__________________
The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Marvolo is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #25
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 26,417
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Fun Fact:

In Captain America: The First Avenger, the last scene of Cap in present day was shot by Joss and was originally the post credits scene. The children in the streets was to be the last scene before the credits. However, they weren't satisfied with that so they put the credits scene on the end and put a trailer for avengers after the credits.
I know the original intention and that Joss filmed it, but that isn't what they actually ended up doing.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.