The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #26
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I just want great films. If you deliver me a great film, that is all I care about. For me, only Nolan and Bird have done that in the superhero genre.
You would place The Incredibles over Donner's Superman, Burton's Batman, Raimi's Spider-Man, the better X-Men movies, the first Iron Man or The Avengers?

"We know the freedom that argues against communism is the freedom to enslave and the freedom to exploit."—Blanqui

IMT supporter
Old 10-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #27
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Delete

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Marvolo; 10-24-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #28
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Go figure ..... Darthskywalker would take this conversation in the direction of "Nolan did it best". Never saw that coming. I mean what else could follow run time, Mal's lack of back story, and Marvel meddling in their directors visions.

My Official "X-Men: DOFP" Review - http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=909
Old 10-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #29
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
I just want great films. If you deliver me a great film, that is all I care about. For me, only Nolan and Bird have done that in the superhero genre.
With Nolan I can understand but with Bird ummmmmmmm....................

EDIT: Btw I loved the Incredibles but I just think there's better superhero movies out there better than The Incredibles.

Last edited by TeeKay; 10-24-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #30
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Van Sixx View Post
You would place The Incredibles over Donner's Superman, Burton's Batman, Raimi's Spider-Man, the better X-Men movies, the first Iron Man or The Avengers?
Zod yes. It is a great, great film. A period piece Kingdom Come, with wit, heart, charm and the best action scene I had scene in a superhero film before MoS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
In the comentary they say joss filmed it. Or am I remembering the comentary wrong? If someone could check that'd be stellar.
Didn't I just agree that Joss filmed it?

Old 10-24-2013, 06:01 PM   #31
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Go figure ..... Darthskywalker would take this conversation in the direction of "Nolan did it best". Never saw that coming. I mean what else could follow run time, Mal's lack of back story, and Marvel meddling in their directors visions.
You are so blatant Rock it isn't even funny anymore.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #32
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I said that I prefer a connected universe, not that I prefer Marvel over DC. I know the MCU started in 2008 and that there were Marvel films before that. What I was trying to get across is that I've always wanted these types of films to be connected, and now they are. If DC can manage to do the same with similar success, I'm all for it.
Gotcha. I'll admit, I definitely have my own bias towards Marvel over DC, and even for those who don't, it still may be preferred, even if DC does get a shared universe. The whole, Marvel did it first thing.

Quote:
lol Rock, I love you dude

Old 10-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #33
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
lol Rock, I love you dude
He basically telegraphed it. Was just waiting for him to openly say it. Every single freakin' Marvel thread gets this ...... but but but but Nolan this Nolan that.

My Official "X-Men: DOFP" Review - http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=909
Old 10-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #34
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade

Quote:
Zod yes. It is a great, great film. A period piece Kingdom Come, with wit, heart, charm and the best action scene I had scene in a superhero film before MoS.
Interesting, I've never seen The Incredibles. Annoyed it isn't on Netflix.

"We know the freedom that argues against communism is the freedom to enslave and the freedom to exploit."—Blanqui

IMT supporter
Old 10-24-2013, 06:09 PM   #35
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
He basically telegraphed it. Was just waiting for him to openly say it. Every single freakin' Marvel thread gets this ...... but but but but Nolan this Nolan that.
I didn't bring it up. You can thank Crimson for that. But if anyone is the broken record here, it is you. This is getting a bit stalkerish. Not that I am not into that.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #36
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Quote:
I have a good friend who is Mr. Incredible's spitting image (minus the exaggerated torso). He used to hate it when we'd call him that ...... but he finally caved and dressed up like him for Halloween. I've never laughed so hard in my life. The resemblance is uncanny.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #37
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Quote:
I didn't bring it up. You can thank Crimson for that. But if anyone is the broken record here, it is you. This is getting a bit stalkerish. Not that I am not into that.
Nah, it's been established in these threads what you're into .....

Old 10-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #38
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's a great movie. Basically the animated version of the Fantastic Four only with a family and the powers are switched around a bit. I loved Syndrome though.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:12 PM   #39
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:

Didn't I just agree that Joss filmed it?
Lol my bad, Darth. I'm on some medicine and its got me a bit loopy.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 10-24-2013, 06:13 PM   #40
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
That is a shame. But if you can find another way to see, I highly recommend it. A lot of great Bond/Superhero ideas. And the best thing, no company affiliation. There is plenty of Marvel and DC ideas in it for everyone.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:13 PM   #41
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Wait, what? Don't drag me into your ding dong dance!

Old 10-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #42
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Christ, people, can yall lay off each other? This is getting into bullying territory.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:16 PM   #43
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

EASY guys. lol

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 10-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #44
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Nah, it's been established in these threads what you're into .....
I am now curious to know what you think I am into.

Quote:
Lol my bad, Darth. I'm on some medicine and its got me a bit loopy.

Just hope it isn't anything to bad.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #45
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade

Getting back on-topic, it seems from early reviews that T:TDW will suffer from a bit of the Iron Man 2 Effect, in that it will feel like a sequel for its own sake rather than really being a story that effectively advances the characters. The main plot sounds like a fairly generic sci-fi/fantasy plot with the fate of the Earth (again) at stake, with the fun of the film more in the "how" than the "what".

I loved the first Thor film and would love to see a more fantasy-based take on his universe, so I'm keeping my hopes up. I think it'll be a fun ride, but nothing spectacular. It would be great if it surprises me though.

All the early reviews have at least said Hemsworth and Hiddleston are great again as Thor and Loki, with the latter in particular worth the price of admission. But I really love all the characters in these films, even the supporting cast. The first film did an admirable job of ingratiating these characters to the audience, IMO, and I look forward to seeing their adventures continue. I find the Thor movies to be great light entertainment, in the best sense of the term.

IMT supporter
Old 10-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #46
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
I am now curious to know what you think I am into.

Just hope it isn't anything to bad.
Nah, nothing too bad. Just a bad sprain and I'm on some pain meds. I appreciate the concern.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 10-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #47
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Wait, what? Don't drag me into your ding dong dance!
I dragged you into nothing. You jumped in and just started dancing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
EASY guys. lol
This is a viking thread. No such thing as going easy.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #48
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Nah, nothing too bad. Just a bad sprain and I'm on some pain meds. I appreciate the concern.
I had Vicodin when my back was fractured......would have LOVED to see a Thor movie on them lol

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 10-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #49
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Quote:
Getting back on-topic, it seems from early reviews that T:TDW will suffer from a bit of the Iron Man 2 Effect, in that it will feel like a sequel for its own sake rather than really being a story that effectively advances the characters. The main plot sounds like a fairly generic sci-fi/fantasy plot with the fate of the Earth (again) at stake, with the fun of the film more in the "how" than the "what".

I loved the first Thor film and would love to see a more fantasy-based take on his universe, so I'm keeping my hopes up. I think it'll be a fun ride, but nothing spectacular. It would be great if it surprises me though.

All the early reviews have at least said Hemsworth and Hiddleston are great again as Thor and Loki, with the latter in particular worth the price of admission. But I really love all the characters in these films, even the supporting cast. The first film did an admirable job of ingratiating these characters to the audience, IMO, and I look forward to seeing their adventures continue. I find the Thor movies to be great light entertainment, in the best sense of the term.
This movie is not getting reviewed anywhere near what IM2 did. It's getting reviews saying that it's a continuance of Phase 2 doing a great job so far.

IM2 had all kinds of production and screenplay issues ..... not to mention all the shoe-horning of characters people were concerned about.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:24 PM   #50
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I dragged you into nothing. You jumped in and just started dancing.

This is a viking thread. No such thing as going easy.
yes but even Vikings didn't attack each other WITH the clan THAT often.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Closed Thread