The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman/Batman > Superman/Batman Movie

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 10:05 AM   #1
Spider-Cross
Side-Kick

Post Marvel Film Actors in Batman vs Superman

While production on Batman vs Superman is still going, there have been 3 Marvel Movie actors cast in the film so far and I would to discuss their roles in the film.

First with Ben Affleck as the DC Cinematic Universe's official Batman

Surely things got a little rough for the actor when some fans were infuriated by him being cast as the Dark Knight but still he is Batman and I don't mind because all that matters is that we got someone we know very well doing the part. As we speak, Affleck has been working out a lot while preparing for his role in the highly potential blockbuster film and his version of the character is sure to be just as real as anything in our world and after playing Daredevil in the 2003 film, Affleck should still have the skills to pulling off a very potential Batman here in the DC Cinematic Universe. All that is left unsaid is whether he will be able to sustain his role as Batman in the DC Cinematic Universe or not because sometimes actors have to participate in other movies that are not comic based and sometime the actors themselves will need a long break before they can continue their parts in future comic based films.

Next up is Callen Mulvey

After working in recent action films such as 300 Rise of an Empire and Captain America the Winter Soldier,
Mulvey has been officially cast in Zack Snyder's Man of Steel sequel and knowing how pleased the director himself is with having to work with Mulvey again, he is sure line him up for a really good part in the film. Recently the actor has been rumored to pay Lex Luthor or Metallo over the past couple months and since Jessie Eisenberg has been cast as Luthor, Callen Mulvey is very much likely to portray the super villain known as Metallo. While it is not yet confirmed, the reason that Mulvey is sure to portray Metallo is because of some of the previous movie roles he has done, he is very much more of a physical type of actor so his role in the Batman vs Superman film is most likely to be a villain and Metallo is definately rhe kind of villain that Snyder would have him pull off in the film.

and now for Tao Okamoto

As a rookie who just began her film acting career in The Wolverine, Tao is brand new to this kind of thing and now after participating in a Marvel Comic based film, she is now participating in DC Comic based film. While her role is yet to be announced and unsure if the character she is pllaying in the film is from the comics or just made up, Tao's role is sure to be a supporting character. If her character isn't major from the comics she could be playing an employee at either Wayne Industries or Lex Corp, or since she is Japanese born asian, there is a very slight chance that she could be playing a character who has never yet been seen in the cartoons or the films. A character who helps Batman fight against evil who is also a major part of the Bat Family. A character named Cassandra Cain, daughter of of assassins David Cain and Lady Shiva who originally served as Batgirl and now goes by the code name Black Bat. While it may not seem possible for Okamoto to portray Cassandra in the upcoming Batman vs Superman film, all we can do is wait and see who Snyder has the lovely lady doing and if there is any luck that she will play Cassandra Cain, then it will be a great pleasure to finally get to see the character in the media for the first time and if not, well you know what they say, you can't always get what you want, can you?

Well that's that on what there is to know on the three Marvel film actors that are cast in the film. All we can do now is wait and hope things turn out good.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:15 AM   #2
MDC!
Newbie First Class

Default Re: Marvel Film Actors in Batman vs Superman

Callen Mulvey was in 300: RoaE before TWS, so calling him a "Marvel Actor" is a stretch (that's just me).

If he's not Metallo - that's a missed opportunity, but none of us know the script so he could easily be an equally good character in someone else.

Not trying to flame, not at all, but the way "Marvel" gets thrown around so much like it has death-defying tricks, kind of bugs...like the "Occupy" this or "Occupy" that so-called 'movemen't. Makes me want to throw up in my mouth a little at the brazen douchery of it.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:16 AM   #3
Fallen Angel
Earth bound

and the purpose of this thread is....

Old 04-09-2014, 10:21 AM   #4
MDC!
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
Seems like smacking a bee's nest with a stick...curious but not philosophical

Old 04-09-2014, 10:23 AM   #5
ЯɘvlveR
Morocco Bob-omb

Quote:
to incite wrath and fury surely. or not.

Old 04-11-2014, 06:38 PM   #6
roach
I am the night

Quote:
...to crush our enemies, see them driven before us and to hear the lamentation of they women

You can't judge a film's screenplay until you read the screenplay.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:50 PM   #7
jonathancrane
Hank Pym > Scott Lang

And...?

Old 04-11-2014, 07:06 PM   #8
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
And...?
....to kick butt and chew bubble gum?

You can't judge a film's screenplay until you read the screenplay.
Closed Thread