The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: Ragnarok

Old 01-02-2015, 01:13 PM   #1
ajpro
Side-Kick

Default Valkyrie Thread

She almost made an appearance in Thor: The Dark World, and now, with Frigga's death and rumored breakup with Jane, Sif will be the only major female character in Ragnarok (unless they choose Amora route, which is IMO unlikely). Anyway, it is a good time for Marvel to introduce Brunhilde.

Who do you want to see in this role? I recently stumbled upon a swedish actress Helena Mattsson and think she fits the character perfectly (don't know about acting though).

And a few unused concept arts from The Dark World:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

ajpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 06:45 PM   #2
chronos
Side-Kick

Default Re: Valkyrie Thread

If the Warriors 3 take a back seat for this film, I'd like to see Valkyrie and Balder in this movie. I'd like to see Mia Wasikowska in this role.

chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 07:03 PM   #3
seahammer
Asgardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajpro View Post
She almost made an appearance in Thor: The Dark World, and now, with Frigga's death and rumored breakup with Jane, Sif will be the only major female character in Ragnarok (unless they choose Amora route, which is IMO unlikely). Anyway, it is a good time for Marvel to introduce Brunhilde.

Who do you want to see in this role? I recently stumbled upon a swedish actress Helena Mattsson and think she fits the character perfectly (don't know about acting though).

And a few unused concept arts from The Dark World:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Valkyrie would be great to show up in Thor 3, even in a small role. I'd like to see her fighting in Asgard's forces to defend the realm from Surtur, especially if she's on a flying horse! And an appearance here could spin off to her involvement elsewhere in the MCU (like the Defenders, although it is going to be very different than the comic team).

Out of curiosity, ajpro, why do you doubt that Amora will be used?

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch or how I would use Beta Ray Bill in the MCU

Read my Tales of Asgard mini-series pitch or my Son of Asgard flashback style Netflix pitch
seahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 05:15 AM   #4
ajpro
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahammer View Post
Out of curiosity, ajpro, why do you doubt that Amora will be used?
3 reasons: I just don't see Amora as a main villain in Ragnarok storyline, I don't want her to be secondary villain and doubt there is enough room in the movie for two major villains, especially during such an epic event as Ragnarok. With Surtur, Thor-Loki-Odin, Sif and Warriors Three, and maybe Thanos in backgrounds there is no way Amora can get enough development.

Also, wouldn't it be cool when during the final battle with Surtur and fire demons, Frigga from Valhalla sends Valkyrie and her Valkyriors to help asgardians in a fight?

ajpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 06:31 PM   #5
queendarkness12
The Queenmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajpro View Post
3 reasons: I just don't see Amora as a main villain in Ragnarok storyline, I don't want her to be secondary villain and doubt there is enough room in the movie for two major villains, especially during such an epic event as Ragnarok. With Surtur, Thor-Loki-Odin, Sif and Warriors Three, and maybe Thanos in backgrounds there is no way Amora can get enough development.

Also, wouldn't it be cool when during the final battle with Surtur and fire demons, Frigga from Valhalla sends Valkyrie and her Valkyriors to help asgardians in a fight?
I like that idea.

queendarkness12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:49 PM   #6
thanson
Side-Kick

Katheryn Winnick

thanson is offline   Reply With Quote