The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: Ragnarok

Old 11-10-2014, 11:09 AM   #1
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Default Casting The Newcomers

Since this film will most likely incorporate Enchantress and Surtur as the villains alongside Loki, here's who I'd want to see play the villains.

1. Surtur

My guess is Keith Szarabajka will have already played Dormammu by this point and Marvel hates using the same actor for two roles. My top two choices here are 1. Tim Curry and 2. Kiefer Sutherland.

2. Enchantress

Since Margot Robbie is now over at Warner as Harley Quinn, Marvel's rumored choice was taken. My top two here are 1. Viva Bianca and 2. Rachel McAdams.

3. Executioner

Dwayne Johnson is much like Margot Robbie, over at Warner where he's playing Black Adam. If anyone needs to know who I'd like to see, it's 1. Jason Statham or 2. Steve Austin.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 09:14 AM   #2
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Casting The Newcomers

As I mentioned in another thread, I also think that whoever plays Enchantress needs to look so beautiful that you couldn't believe she's a villain. You would have to fall for her charms, both on and off screen. If she is someone like Charlize Theron or Eva Green, then I think that would too automatically scream villainess immediately when you see her.

Marvel almost need to cast against type and think in terms of casting a love interest or heroine, and then using her as Enchantress. You need an actress you would end up falling for and wishing she weren't playing a villain.

Old 12-18-2014, 01:03 AM   #3
Harry Dresden
Side-Kick

Alec Baldwin - Surtur

Rory McCann - The Executioner

Abbie Cornish - The Enchantress

Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:28 PM   #4
Loki882
Side-Kick

Given that the Asgardian cast that they CURRENTLY have hasn't gotten nearly enough development/screentime, I'm not sure that adding more characters is a good idea. That being said:

-Balder-Karl Urban.
-Amora the Enchantress-Eva Green.
-Hela-Rachel Weisz.
-Surter-Sir Christopher Lee.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 08:19 PM   #5
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I could see Abby Cornish as the Enchantress.

Really not keen on the idea of Eva Green, because she would be too obviously a villain and I don't think that Enchantress should look like one.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:04 PM   #6
Loki882
Side-Kick

She's ALWAYS come across like a villain to me. And it's not like Eva Green ALWAYS plays villains. And it's not like Marvel would hide the fact that Amora was a villain either.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 10:09 PM   #7
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

It's not that Marvel would hide Amora being a villain. However I don't think she needs to look like a villain because she should be so beautiful and charming that she'd enchant you without you realizing.

Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote