Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 11:14 PM   #701
Antihero
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I wonder if we'll get a ending to this film that's more of a cliffhanger where Wolverine thinks he's returning to a better timeline, only to emerge in one that he did not expect.
Sounds like a good idea.I prefer introducing Mr.Sinister first and then Apocalypse.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:19 PM   #702
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
You people pushing for erasing most of films In franchise are justasking for the first class VS OT fights again.
Well I wouldn't say that. It's just that we're wondering on how everything is supposed to remain the same when Xavier and others from the past will be made aware of, especially the former, of the future that's to come for them all within the original trilogy.

And even if they erase their minds of those events in order to ensure that nothing is changed, then you have what Singer said on fixing some things which implies that something different, other than the future being restored, is going to change in the future.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:20 PM   #703
Legion
Side-Kick

Quote:
And I think your wrong.too many are trying to make this more complicated than
It needs to be.
It's not making it more complicated. It doesn't make sense that these events were part of the original time line.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:22 PM   #704
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
I'm actually curious if the Elderly Magneto will have some second agenda lying about where he tries to manipulate how things turn out in the past. I'd be surprised if neither the past or present magneto doesn't try to take advantage of the time traveling factor and manipulate the future to their image.
Wouldn't surprise me either. Personally I think it would more likely be the younger Magneto. I feel like Old Magneto might be done with fighting humans by 2023. He looks like a sad old man (granted, that could just be Ian's old age showing).

I really wonder (and hope) if there's more going on here than just "let's get together and stop Mystique." That just doesn't seem...big enough for this movie, or any X-movie. Mystique is a great character and I know Lawrence is popular, but I the idea that this is going to climax around stopping her from assassinating someone just doesn't feel good enough to me. Especially since it looks like we saw a lot of footage in the trailer that seems to relate to that. There's got to be something else going on here, or something else that will come up, like Magneto going rogue or them stopping Mystique not having the right effect and them needing to scramble to figure something else out.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:26 PM   #705
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farren View Post
Wouldn't surprise me either. Personally I think it would more likely be the younger Magneto. I feel like Old Magneto might be done with fighting humans by 2023. He looks like a sad old man (granted, that could just be Ian's old age showing).

I really wonder (and hope) if there's more going on here than just "let's get together and stop Mystique." That just doesn't seem...big enough for this movie, or any X-movie. Mystique is a great character and I know Lawrence is popular, but I the idea that this is going to climax around stopping her from assassinating someone just doesn't feel good enough to me. Especially since it looks like we saw a lot of footage in the trailer that seems to relate to that. There's got to be something else going on here, or something else that will come up, like Magneto going rogue or them stopping Mystique not having the right effect and them needing to scramble to figure something else out.
Considering that the word going around about this film is that it possess the biggest scale out of all the previous X-Men films, along with the fact that the apocalyptic future is only 30 percent of the film, then they will definitely need something larger than life than simply stopping Mystique from killing some important human in the past in order to climax the film.

It doesn't make sense that Wolverine would need both Magneto and Professor X to stop Mystique.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:28 PM   #706
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
You people pushing for erasing most of films In franchise are justasking for the first class VS OT fights again.
I don't see anyone 'pushing for it' as such. It's just one of a number of possible theories for a film which involves them time travelling to change a big event in the past to save their future.

You change the past, the future is changed. In this case, because they have chosen to go back so far in time (the original DOFP story's big event that had to be changed was set in the present day so it didn't affect their past) that future does include all the X-films except for First Class.

Personally I don't think Singer is going to erase his own 1st 2 films of this franchise, so whatever he has in mind for the change it also has to make sense when keeping them (more or less) intact.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:31 PM   #707
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
It doesn't make sense that Wolverine would need both Magneto and Professor X to stop Mystique.
Unless they think Magneto might know more about her plans. There's been pics leading to speculation that Xavier's going to have Magneto busted out of jail to help them, which would certainly beef up the running time. I mean, I hope I'm wrong, but yeah, I worry that the plot could be something basic like: they break Magneto out (gee where have we seen this before?) then they all go after Mystique, then Magneto at the last minute decides to go through with the assassination and they have to try to stop him.

Then again, if that's the case, we've literally seen all the highlights in the trailer, so I have to think this will go in another direction. Here's to hoping for a 2.5 hour movie.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:35 PM   #708
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Unless they think Magneto might know more about her plans. There's been pics leading to speculation that Xavier's going to have Magneto busted out of jail to help them, which would certainly beef up the running time. I mean, I hope I'm wrong, but yeah, I worry that the plot could be something basic like: they break Magneto out (gee where have we seen this before?) then they all go after Mystique, then Magneto at the last minute decides to go through with the assassination and they have to try to stop him.

Then again, if that's the case, we've literally seen all the highlights in the trailer, so I have to think this will go in another direction. Here's to hoping for a 2.5 hour movie.
Well given that Wolverine no longer has any adamantium within his body, he should have a much easier time taking on Magneto. I've actually wondered on who would win a fight if Wolverine's metal skeleton wasn't a issue for him.

And I think someone said that they'll have fully functioning sentinels in the past, so that's another obstacle for them.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:44 PM   #709
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

I honestly don't believe they will or even want to erase loads of the OT timeline, other than from Origins and X3. I can't see Singer deliberately wiping out his own films. I reckon the timeline will be the elastic kind where time fixes itself around the changes as close as it can get to the original one. Meaning some things no longer happen but much still does in a similar or even identical way.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:46 PM   #710
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Well given that Wolverine no longer has any adamantium within his body, he should have a much easier time taking on Magneto. I've actually wondered on who would win a fight if Wolverine's metal skeleton wasn't a issue for him.

And I think someone said that they'll have fully functioning sentinels in the past, so that's another obstacle for them.
If Magneto lets Wolverine get close he's done, however, depending on the environment he can use all manner of metal projectiles to keep him at bay: If in a city street for example Mags could drop a bus on Logan, or wrap a car round him and toss him into space, stuff like that. If they were out in the woods though Erik's in big trouble.

And not sure on the Sentinels. We know they are first made in 73, but just when in that year and how many we have no idea. I'd figure there will be at least one for them to deal with though (maybe a pre-production model)

Old 10-29-2013, 11:52 PM   #711
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
I really wonder (and hope) if there's more going on here than just "let's get together and stop Mystique." That just doesn't seem...big enough for this movie, or any X-movie.
Of course there's going to be more. We know from the viral Trask Industries site that there are already active Sentinel units being used in the 70's.

I wouldn't be surprised if the final mission is the 70's crew teaming up to infiltrate and take down Trask Industries.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:59 PM   #712
Antihero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
I honestly don't believe they will or even want to erase loads of the OT timeline, other than from Origins and X3.
I would be happy if Origins never happened and Cyclops/Jean never got killed.

Quote:
I've actually wondered on who would win a fight if Wolverine's metal skeleton wasn't a issue for him.
Wolverine vs anybody is a tricky question.He heals from anything,he never backs down and his intensity makes him a great choice for a fight.

9 out of 10 times Magneto should easily beat Wolverine.Wolverine would heal and come back.If he gets close to Magneto,Wolverine wins.

Wolverine(with adamantium) vs Magneto would be an interesting battle provided Magneto can't control Adamantium

Old 10-30-2013, 12:14 AM   #713
Farren
Side Kicker

I think with Wolverine it also depends on whether or not he's aiming to kill. If he is and he gets close enough I think he could easily take out Magneto. Magneto can use his powers with ease, but Wolverine is faster and can act without thinking. But in a situation where Wolverine is just trying to capture/incapacitate Magneto, then I think the balance would shift in Magneto's favor.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:14 AM   #714
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Oh amen, that one is settled.
So much for wiping X-Men Origins: Wolverine out of continuity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
I don't get the timeline at all.

At the end of TW,it looked like yesterday.

DOFP looks like 2023 and Logan with grey hair.

What exactly went down between films and how much time passed?
7 years from the end credits scene of The Wolverine. The Wolverine takes place about a year after X-Men: The Last Stand, the credits scene is 2 years after The Wolverine, and X-Men: Days Of Future Past takes place 10 years after X-Men: The Last Stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
And hopefully this quote will stop the speculation about the new characters in the future:
It won't.

But looks like they are pretty much what I expected them to be. Although maybe they aren't the ones who have found / developed the time travel technology, which I theorized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Thank gosh this was confirmed. Now we won't have to sit around and watch people speculate and argue about it for the next seven months.

Lots of good info from Singer in that slideshow!
But they will anyways.

Last edited by Nell2ThaIzzay; 10-30-2013 at 12:40 AM.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:17 AM   #715
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Considering that the word going around about this film is that it possess the biggest scale out of all the previous X-Men films, along with the fact that the apocalyptic future is only 30 percent of the film, then they will definitely need something larger than life than simply stopping Mystique from killing some important human in the past in order to climax the film.
Um, yeah...they're called Sentinels.

Kind of the crux of the whole thing.

And 30% of "the future" ain't all that small -- that's almost one third of the film, a pretty hefty chunk, and probably spread throughout the running time (and who knows, they may go back and shoot a few more add-ins). Plus, you'll have Wolvie's "future" mind in his past body, so he'll likely be making all kinds of interesting references to things that have, in his future, come-to-pass.

By the way...there are a lot of likely answers on this page, but no one's really guessed the obvious -- who's the most likely person that, if assassinated by a mutant, would cause the kind of mass hysteria that would encourage the public to embrace Trask's Sentinels?

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)

Last edited by JackMercy; 10-30-2013 at 12:24 AM.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:18 AM   #716
Antihero
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think with Wolverine it also depends on whether or not he's aiming to kill. If he is and he gets close enough I think he could easily take out Magneto. Magneto can use his powers with ease, but Wolverine is faster and can act without thinking.

That's what makes Wolverine so appealing.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:45 AM   #717
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMercy View Post
Um, yeah...they're called Sentinels.

Kind of the crux of the whole thing.

And 30% of "the future" ain't all that small -- that's almost one third of the film, a pretty hefty chunk, and probably spread throughout the running time (and who knows, they may go back and shoot a few more add-ins). Plus, you'll have Wolvie's "future" mind in his past body, so he'll likely be making all kinds of interesting references to things that have, in his future, come-to-pass.

By the way...there are a lot of likely answers on this page, but no one's really guessed the obvious -- who's the most likely person that, if assassinated by a mutant, would cause the kind of mass hysteria that would encourage the public to embrace Trask's Sentinels?

That last question is what I'm asking myself.

Due to my knowledge of the comic run, as well as the cartoons, I'm pretty certain with what is going to happen in the future.

It's the past that I don't know about.

Who's assassination are they trying to prevent? It's 1973, and we have a real life President being used, one who wasn't assassinated, and to my knowledge, never had an assassination attempt on him. So it can't be Nixon.

Senator Kelly is used in the "present" timeline in X-Men. So it can't be Senator Kelly.

Is there another fictional governmental leader that they could / would use? Would it be Bolivar Trask himself? Would Trask's assassination lead to massive public support for Sentinels? And if the Sentinels were so welcomed by the public at that time, where were they during the trilogy?

It's probably two-fold. There is an assassination attempt to prevent. But perhaps they need to actually stop Trask Industries before the Sentinels can ever be built in the first place on a mass scale, and destroy the ones already made.

I dunno. Lots of questions to answer for the past portion of the film.

But I feel pretty confident that I know what's going on in the future portion of the film.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:51 AM   #718
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
I don't get the timeline at all.

At the end of TW,it looked like yesterday.

DOFP looks like 2023 and Logan with grey hair.

What exactly went down between films and how much time passed?
I'm pretty sure there's a 10-year gap between the events of The Wolverine and the future parts of DoFP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
It's 1973, and we have a real life President being used, one who wasn't assassinated, and to my knowledge, never had an assassination attempt on him. So it can't be Nixon.
Says who?

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Old 10-30-2013, 01:18 AM   #719
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I'd be shocked we got another trailer before the new year.
Same here and its too early for a 2nd trailer!

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 10-30-2013, 03:28 AM   #720
neemer5
Side-Kick

Robert Kennedy is the closest "real life" senator killed around that time... and it was 1968. It would be interesting. He was shot just after announcing his run for President, I think. There are numerous iconic photos and possibly video of the incident, and they're a bit gruesome. I like how the Cuban missile crisis was a bit of historical fiction, so I'm hoping its a real-life story. Of course, some would argue that it would be in bad taste to rewrite history in such a way.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:29 AM   #721
neemer5
Side-Kick

Does anyone have any insight on what happens to all the mutants in first class that aren't returning on both sides? I'm curious how they explain that.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:42 AM   #722
Mars123
Side-Kick

I have huge concerns over time travel being used to erase the original trilogy. I think this would be detrimental to the quality of the whole series. It's not like to you can erase the film as they will always exist and many love the original trilogy.

I believe singer will not do this necessarily. I think. He will only use it to help improve the series continuity.

I accept somethings may change but not to change the entire series.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:49 AM   #723
Antihero
Side-Kick

Let them erase Origins.And bring back Cyclops and Jean Grey.

I want a proper two part Phoenix Saga movie involving Shiar Empire

Old 10-30-2013, 03:53 AM   #724
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Seriously Phoenix Saga again?

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 10-30-2013, 03:57 AM   #725
Antihero
Side-Kick

^Yes.A proper Phoenix Saga.

X-3 shouldn't mixed The Cure with Phoenix Saga.The Cure itself was a good storyline

Closed Thread