Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #751
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
From what I've heard about Singer's original X3 ideas, the film that we got had very VERY little in common with Singer's vision. Singer's vision sounded a lot more like classic Phoenix in term of tone, scope, characterization, etc, except without the alien connections.
As much as I love Magneto as a villain, I had Magneto fatigue by time X:TLS came out and did its thing.

Old 10-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #752
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
That's fine by me.
But there is always the threat of unintended changes. But I just think the likelyhood we are getting a timeline where OT is significantly changed drops given this possible motive. So we are still left with everyone in TLS dead, including Xavier, who may choose not even to come back in bodily form (who knows how they are explaining that to begin with) since the changed events in 1973 have stopped the Sentinel war. So only everything following the after credit scene in Wolverine is wiped off.

Is that going to make fans happy? Singer is in the business of telling stories and not pleasing just the fanboys, but it could very well be an end game and fixed conclusion to the OT timeline and the current continuity. There will be nothing left to tell if the OT is to be played out almost exactly as previously shown, and any X-Men stories would have to be post TLS continuity or more prequels leading into the OT.

Old 10-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #753
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Yes, there's a threat of unintended changes. They could potentially stop Rogue, Kitty, Iceman etc from even being born by messing in the time before their births. Or they could cause the deaths of other characters before the new future time because events changed.

But I doubt they'll change too much. I think they'll just stop the Sentinels and wipe out some of the OT timeline but most will stay intact. It allows the movies to stay in continuity but they can also get rid of bits of canon they don't want anymore.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #754
Mr.M
Side-Kick

I don't think any obvious changes to the OT can be explicity made in this movie. People may have to just accept it for what it is. If Xavier has his memory wiped by older Xavier, then the only changes, intended or otherwise, would have to come in FC 3. That's not what I'm predicting, but it is a distinct possibility. Who knows if FC 3 is even made? They could just stick with an X-Force franchise.

Last edited by Mr.M; 10-30-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #755
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
I don't think any obvious changes to the OT can be explicity made in this movie. People may have to just accept it for what it is. If Xavier has his memory wiped by older Xavier, then the only changes, intended or otherwise, would have to come in FC 3. That's not what I'm predicting, but it is a distinct possibility. Who knows if FC 3 is even made? They could just stick with an X-Force franchise.
When it comes to the X-Force film, part of me thinks they're making it because they're about to retire this current line of X-men films, meaning reboot years down the road. Another part of me thinks they are going to pull a Marvel Studios and eventually have the X-Force team meet up with the original cast from these past X-men films. My money is on the former though.

The one thing that has me curious about Days of Future Past is this temple they appear to be in. I can't wait to find out what the reason is to use that specific place.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #756
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

X-force Is only going to work as spin-off

Old 10-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #757
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

having seen thor today (i liked it, action scenes were great) i think if Days of future past can keep up with that in terms of scale action scenes and emotion in both time periods (which i think it very well could do) i think we could be in for a treat

Old 10-30-2013, 03:18 PM   #758
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
The one thing that has me curious about Days of Future Past is this temple they appear to be in. I can't wait to find out what the reason is to use that specific place.
X-Force could still feature in with plans for Apocalypse or whatever. It doesn't have to be a classic X-Force per say, but maybe just a completely revamped X-Men with new characters at the forefront. I think Singer may drop hints of Apocalypse, but a Planet of the Apes style ending is not what I expect. You already have Bishop, so Cable could easily come in and take over the franchise. I just think X-movies with the classic roster are going to need a break.

As far as the reboot, it will definitely happen within 10-15 years. Just as T2 didn't turn out to be the end of the Terminator franchise, another director could come in and say, "The Sentinels actually weren't prevented," or "not everything is as fine and dandy as they appear (in the event of an altered timeline with a happy ending in DoFP)." That's when I can see them trying to get back a McAvoy and Fassabender for another trilogy, or just pick up stories with a brand new cast.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:21 PM   #759
Mars123
Side-Kick

The idea of xforce I'd boring for me ATM. I'd rather see fc3 or another movie with the OT and I think the GA will want that and fox will want that for $$$$$$¥¥¥¥¥€€€€€€££££££££

Old 10-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #760
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
having seen thor today (i liked it, action scenes were great) i think if Days of future past can keep up with that in terms of scale action scenes and emotion in both time periods (which i think it very well could do) i think we could be in for a treat
As excited as I am to see the new Thor film, I'm confident DoFP will be a deeper film looking at X1, X2 and First Class. With that being said, the action in DoFP most likely won't come close to a number of the Marvel Studio films looking back at the action for Every X-men film. That is the one big thing that has kept these movies from truly feeling like the comics is the lack of major action when you have a team full of people with powers. I remember always seeing splash pages(that wouldn't just be 1 page but would go into the next page)in X-men comics full of mutants battling it out.

I just don't think this current line or series of X films will ever have action on that scale. Some may say X3 did, but that was so lame due to all of the "bad" mutants having the ability to jump really far(sorry folks and kids, that was not Magneto throwing them in the air using metal from their belts and clothes lulz)and overall it was a bit boring. The only highlight was when Bobby iced up.

With Sentinels being in this film, I'm hoping that will push Singer to up the action. What I mean by up the action, I'm not talking about having more to where it becomes a mindless film with action scene after action scene but when there is action, it's on a large scale. Dare I say...epic.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #761
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars123 View Post
The idea of xforce I'd boring for me ATM. I'd rather see fc3 or another movie with the OT and I think the GA will want that and fox will want that for $$$$$$¥¥¥¥¥€€€€€€££££££££
FC 3 might be necessary to wrap up some lose ends, but that's as far as I see it going.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #762
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
X-Force could still feature in with plans for Apocalypse or whatever. It doesn't have to be a classic X-Force per say, but maybe just a completely revamped X-Men with new characters at the forefront. I think Singer may drop hints of Apocalypse, but a Planet of the Apes style ending is not what I expect. You already have Bishop, so Cable could easily come in and take over the franchise. I just think X-movies with the classic roster are going to need a break.
I like your idea of Singer dropping hints of Apocalypse because in one of my posts I mentioned I'm really curious to see what that temple is all about. When I think of temple, I think of some structure in Egypt or somewhere else in that part of the world and Apocalypse is underneath it(kind of similar to the 90's series in an episode or two)biding his time, or pulling strings for that matter. Wishful fanboy thinking, but I would love to see him in a future film.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:41 PM   #763
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars123 View Post
of course a sequel to DOFP will do much more money

but any studio could get even more money with not only one, but three more movies! lol

so, if Fox has such a rich universe like X-Men and can do as many movies as they want, what will be better for them? 700-1 billion with just one next movie? or 2 billions with three movies in the next 6 years?

Im sure they know perfectly their answer

Last edited by Angamb; 10-30-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:51 PM   #764
kasjan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the final mission is the 70's crew teaming up to infiltrate and take down Trask Industries.
Agree, they have to stop it permanently.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #765
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
I don't get it, Wolverine is in Vietnam in 1973, no? That's when they were doing missions together, or at least leading up to it. There is strong debate in terms of when Origins took place, but it's mostly agreed that the early parts are 1973-1975. So unless he kills Stryker on the spot, it is plausible that his brain is restored after he corrects what is meant to be corrected, and then he is brainwashed again and inserted back into the Weapons X program by Stryker. Possible.

But if they start wiping things like the adamantium procedure, the deaths from X3, etc, I think it is fair to say Singer erased the trilogy and The Wolverine.
In the comic, young Kitty didn't know anything about what happened during older Kitty's time travel. So they could very well go that route which would allow the rest of the movies to maintain continuity.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:04 PM   #766
BMM
Side-Kick

I doubt they go that route, as this is a movie and not an ongoing, monthly comic book.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #767
CB Fan
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
But they aren't going to completely make up their own history and have someone who wasn't assassinated in real life be assassinated in the movie.

Just like they didn't have World War 3 actually start from the Cuban Missile Crisis.

I think people are getting way too excited about time travel to a period before any of the other movies, and let their bias against those movies cloud their judgment.

Singer has already come out and said that he's respecting and maintaining continuity. There may be some retconning along the way, and we may even get a completely new timeline. But we're not getting any movies erased from the continuity.
Yes Singer is maintaining continuity every movie that has come out before DOFP will be taken into account meaning we won't be seeing Jean or Scott in the future before time travel and Wolverine has bone claws in the past (pre XO:W) and future (after TW). Now once wolverine goes back he is basically trying to stop the future from happening that means all the events in the x-men movies (and TW) before First Class may be affected. Maintaining continuity doesn't mean the outcome won't change or completely alter those films once time travel happens, that's kind of the whole point.

Last edited by CB Fan; 10-30-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #768
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
What is Bishop holding?

Old 10-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #769
Snikt
Side-Kick

It appears Bishop is holding his BFG

Old 10-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #770
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

John Campea (AMC Movie Talks) & the give their thoughts on the trailer:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 10-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #771
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Fan View Post
Yes Singer is maintaining continuity every movie that has come out before DOFP will be taken into account meaning we won't be seeing Jean or Scott in the future before time travel and Wolverine has bone claws in the past (pre XO:W) and future (after TW). Now once wolverine goes back he is basically trying to stop the future from happening that means all the events in the x-men movies (and TW) before First Class may be affected. Maintaining continuity doesn't mean the outcome won't change or completely alter those films once time travel happens, that's kind of the whole point.
You know all of this HOW?

The most accurate comparison example for what DoFP could and appears to do with regards to the current makeup of the franchise is the most recent Mortal Kombat video game.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Old 10-30-2013, 09:07 PM   #772
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
of course a sequel to DOFP will do much more money

but any studio could get even more money with not only one, but three more movies! lol

so, if Fox has such a rich universe like X-Men and can do as many movies as they want, what will be better for them? 700-1 billion with just one next movie? or 2 billions with three movies in the next 6 years?

Im sure they know perfectly their answer
100 movies for $100B of course. And all over the next 30 years!

Old 10-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #773
OsGom
Mind-Taker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
From what I've heard about Singer's original X3 ideas, the film that we got had very VERY little in common with Singer's vision. Singer's vision sounded a lot more like classic Phoenix in term of tone, scope, characterization, etc, except without the alien connections.
Right, but Singer thought it was more important to direct a mediocre Superman Returns and allow Ratner to sodomize the Dark Phoenix Saga. So much for his awesome ideas.

For those who are already raving about how awesome DOFP is going to be, based on an unfinished trailer, all I have to say is

Old 10-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #774
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

When that unfinished trailer has the greatest cast in a CBM it's potentil is clear.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
Old 10-30-2013, 09:32 PM   #775
brazilian_boy
Side-Kick

^^Please, Fox should have put Singer under a contract to make X3 right after X2 got big, but no, a year after X2 he wasn't still signed, so went to Superman, simple as that...