The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #151
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,674
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
that picture looks more glossy this time

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #152
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 16,282
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
MrMaooz is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #153
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,674
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars123 View Post
What do we know about ink?
as a character or in the film? in the film not alot, power wise...
  • The bio-hazard symbol on right hand gives the ability to make people who come into contact with it sick.
  • The explosive sign on right arm give the ability to make an explosive punch.
  • The Wings on back give the ability of flight..
  • The lightning bolts on both sides of his head gives telepathy.
  • The Colossus like lines on left hand gives Super strength.
  • The Caduceus symbol on left hand-palm gives the ability to heals people .
  • Phoenix Tattoo over eye gives Phoenix like powers, but not the actual Phoenix Force. .

as to what powers we shall see... well... will be interesting

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 10-28-2013 at 03:42 PM.
GuestStar2004 is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #154
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Im glad Nich is as tall as Hugh.

We needed more tall X-Men, lol

So as of right now, both Wolverine, Colossus, Beast and Bishop are tall and in good shape (more or less).

cool

Angamb is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 03:38 PM   #155
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,391
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Previously it was just wolverine abd beast in sub-baement.Now Xavier is with them.

__________________
Best Marvel films-X2 X-Men Days of Future Past The Amazing Spider-Man X-Men Captain America The Winter Soldier The Wolverine X-Men first Class The Avengers Iron Man The Incredible Hulk
Best DC films-Superman Batman Returns Batman The Dark Knight Batman Begins Superman II The dark Knight Rises Superman Returns Watchmen
marvelrobbins is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #156
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,635
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
If Gambit was going to be in a future X-men film, how would you all feel if the same actor(completely forgot his name at the moment) came back? I would like to see him get a second chance in a film with better writing than the Wolverine Origins movie. He's not that great of an actor but aside from needing to work on the accent more, I liked him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
I liked him. Maybe they could just keep the same actor and forget about Origins but still respect it enough to keep Taylor whatever his name is.
I Would want them to keep Taylor Kitsch.

And whatever people's thoughts are of Origins aside, Gambit's appearance fits in perfectly with the previously established continuity and shouldn't be tweaked.

Happy that the trailer is up at 6am pacific. I can watch it before woek!!!

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #157
Mars123
Side-Kick
 
Mars123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bath, England
Posts: 846
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
as a character or in the film? in the film not alot, power wise...
  • The bio-hazard symbol on right hand gives the ability to make people who come into contact with it sick.
  • The explosive sign on right arm give the ability to make an explosive punch.
  • The Wings on back give the ability of flight..
  • The lightning bolts on both sides of his head gives telepathy.
  • The Colossus like lines on left hand gives Super strength.
  • The Caduceus symbol on left hand-palm gives the ability to heals people .
  • Phoenix Tattoo over eye gives Phoenix like powers, but not the actual Phoenix Force. .


as to what powers we shall see... well... will be interesting
Thanks this is awesome, I assumed there isn't very much at all on the film front as I've barely heard him mentioned.

Great to get a list of info on him, so thank you!!!

Mars123 is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 03:52 PM   #158
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
I Would want them to keep Taylor Kitsch.

And whatever people's thoughts are of Origins aside, Gambit's appearance fits in perfectly with the previously established continuity and shouldn't be tweaked.

Happy that the trailer is up at 6am pacific. I can watch it before woek!!!
Taylor could really shine under Singers good directing skills and better scenes. And if he shares screentime with Rogue and Wolverine again, I can already tell you that most fans and general viewers will love it.

Same with Ryan as Deadpool. Its all about a great script and great scenes.

I trust in Fox now

Angamb is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #159
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 33,454
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Yeah Reynolds is way more poisonous than Kitsch.
I wouldn't disagree with that for various reasons. Reynolds is a far bigger star and still couldn't lead R.I.P.D to even remotely respectable numbers, most people don't even know who Taylor Kitsch is yet. Kitsch still is in trouble because of an atrocious 2012 of course.

__________________
Come think with us:http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 10-28-2013 at 03:58 PM.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 03:59 PM   #160
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,635
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Taylor could really shine under Singers good directing skills and better scenes. And if he shares screentime with Rogue and Wolverine again, I can already tell you that most fans and general viewers will love it.

Same with Ryan as Deadpool. Its all about a great script and great scenes.

I trust in Fox now
Taylor as Gambit wasn't a problem in that movie. In fact, I thought Gambit was well done. So Gambit with a better role, better writing, and a better director, Taylor would be just fine.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #161
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man
 
Hush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Planet Of OA
Posts: 15,559
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I wouldn't disagree with that for various reasons. Reynolds is a far bigger star and still couldn't lead R.I.P.D to even remotely respectable numbers, most people don't even know who Taylor Kitsch is yet. Kitsch still is in trouble because of an atrocious 2012 of course.
I just had to explain who Kitsch was to my GF, who is pretty entertainment savvy, which was a shame because he is a good Actor.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
I like love stories. Preferably the love stories that involve a woman without enough money to pay the pizza man, so she has to pay for it....with her vagina.
Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Hush is online now  
Old 10-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #162
Doc Ock
1951-2014
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 7,501
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
I just had to explain who Kitsch was to my GF, who is pretty entertainment savvy, which was a shame because he is a good Actor.
I like Kitsch too but I haven't seen many call him a good actor...

__________________
The Winter Soldier - 9/10 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 6.5/10 | Days of Future Past - 9/10 | TMNT - ???? | Guardians of the Galaxy - 10/10
Doc Ock is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #163
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,674
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

he gets a bad rep for John carter because it had a huge budget $250 million and only made $282,778,100.

i haven't seen john carter or battleship (which actually also flopped) :/

i always see battleship as a transformers rip off and john carter as a star wars rip off

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 10-28-2013 at 04:26 PM.
GuestStar2004 is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 04:23 PM   #164
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka
 
SuperT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 5,494
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

I think Reynolds failure to lead a blockbuster movie isn't the fact that he himself is poisonous, but the fact that he keeps picking terrible scripts. Green Lantern, R.I.P.D, The Change-Up and some of his other choices were all going to be terrible no matter who starred in them because the scripts were terrible.

Reynolds certainly will never reach the same level as some other leading men such as Clooney, Jackman, Cruise or Washington but if he starts picking better scripts he could certainly get back up there in relevancy. At least relevant enough to lead a Deadpool movie - most people seem to be positive about that.

SuperT is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #165
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 33,454
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

I can't speak for others but Kitsch gets flack from me because I don't care for him as an actor. A movie bombing or succeeding doesn't effect my view of an actor's ability. Olivia Wilde plays in nothing but bombs and disappointments and I still find her to be a solid actor, same with Ryan Reynolds.

I didn't care for Kitsch in Origins and think the people behind casting can do better. I think he's wrong for the role in every way possible to be honest.


Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 10-28-2013 at 04:36 PM.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 04:41 PM   #166
Figs
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 26,626
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
he gets a bad rep for John carter because it had a huge budget $250 million and only made $282,778,100.

i haven't seen john carter or battleship (which actually also flopped) :/

i always see battleship as a transformers rip off and john carter as a star wars rip off
I haven't seen Battleship, but John Carter I found to be a fairly fun film. It's just Taylor was a bit wooden throughout the film.

Sorry to be that guy with the nerdy details correcting everyone, but John Carter(the books)came out way before Star Wars was even in Lucas's mind.

Figs is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #167
CB Fan
The Watcher
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In A Place Far Far Away
Posts: 1,191
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

I don't get the Kitsch hate he was great as gambit he naturally has that deep southern voice and he definitely looked the part I honestly thought he was one of the few good things about XO:W. Hell I even found him decent in John Carter, he's one of those actors that I don't think are great but they aren't bad either. I group him in with Cavill, Hammer, and Johnson they are decent actors who can be better with good direction.

CB Fan is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 05:11 PM   #168
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka
 
SuperT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 5,494
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I can't speak for others but Kitsch gets flack from me because I don't care for him as an actor. A movie bombing or succeeding doesn't effect my view of an actor's ability. Olivia Wilde plays in nothing but bombs and disappointments and I still find her to be a solid actor, same with Ryan Reynolds.

I didn't care for Kitsch in Origins and think the people behind casting can do better. I think he's wrong for the role in every way possible to be honest.
I agree. Kitsch was one of the very few highlights in Origins, but he didn't particularly blow me away so much that I would be upset if they got someone else to play Gambit. I don't even think the general audience would care or even notice honestly...

If there was really anyone one or anything from Origins that should reprise in any more movies, it should be Liev Schreiber as Victor Creed. I thought he was EXCELLENT in that role.

SuperT is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 05:25 PM   #169
Figs
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 26,626
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
If there was really anyone one or anything from Origins that should reprise in any more movies, it should be Liev Schreiber as Victor Creed. I thought he was EXCELLENT in that role.
I agree! Some of my friends preferred Creed from the first X-men film, mainly because they never read the comics. They only knew him from the 90's cartoon, where he always had on his silly furry suit. I had to explain to them that, that was a suit and not his real body.

Figs is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #170
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka
 
SuperT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 5,494
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
I agree! Some of my friends preferred Creed from the first X-men film, mainly because they never read the comics. They only knew him from the 90's cartoon, where he always had on his silly furry suit. I had to explain to them that, that was a suit and not his real body.
I also thought that was his body and not a suit when I was much younger too.

SuperT is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #171
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future
 
Green Goblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,027
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

It's a shame the clocks went back.

I have to wait another hour for the trailer...

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Green Goblin is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #172
Mars123
Side-Kick
 
Mars123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bath, England
Posts: 846
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

What is the time for British audiences to see the trailer? 2pm?

Mars123 is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 05:42 PM   #173
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Fan View Post
I don't get the Kitsch hate he was great as gambit he naturally has that deep southern voice and he definitely looked the part I honestly thought he was one of the few good things about XO:W. Hell I even found him decent in John Carter, he's one of those actors that I don't think are great but they aren't bad either. I group him in with Cavill, Hammer, and Johnson they are decent actors who can be better with good direction.
agreed.

There are many many actors in the same league, its just that in all industries, some actors get more luck than others.

Taylor has a new movie with Mark Walbergh, Eric Bana, Ben Foster and more, and a tv movie with Julia Roberts and Mark Rufalo, where he will play a gay character, one of Mark's lovers, so he keeps getting work, so, he will do fine.

Not all the actors need to have those "big blockbusters" this industry tries so hard to get. Some franchises work and others not.

James Marsden hasnt had a leading role in a big blockbuster yet, either Shawn Ashmore, or Ben Foster, yet they keep working, so I see no problem with keeping Ryan and Taylor. They will be supporting cast, same as the others, so... continuity wins, to me.

Angamb is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #174
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,674
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars123 View Post
What is the time for British audiences to see the trailer? 2pm?
yes

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #175
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hooked on a feeling.
Posts: 22,928
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
I haven't seen Battleship, but John Carter I found to be a fairly fun film. It's just Taylor was a bit wooden throughout the film.

Sorry to be that guy with the nerdy details correcting everyone, but John Carter(the books)came out way before Star Wars was even in Lucas's mind.
Yeah...John Carter pre-dates Star Wars by a good long way. In fact, we might not even have a Star Wars without John Carter.

And I didn't even like the John Carter movie, but the credit needs to go where it's due. Those stories have been around for a long time.

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.