The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Should DOFP be used to reboot the X-Men franchise?
Yes 43 57.33%
No 32 42.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2013, 06:59 PM   #251
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Default Re: Should DOFP be used to reboot the X-Men franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
So if Wolverine comes back to an altered future where people like Cylcops have returned and things are better...is that going to be set in 2023? Wolverine wouldn't come back to 2014 or whatever that doesn't make sense. So then if we have another OT movie, it would have to be set in 2023 onward... Unless he returns to a worse future and we have another OT movie set before that leading up to it...

Reboots are blah. ASM wasn't that good and was totally unnecessary. Don't kid yourselves because he built webshooters that it's the Spider-Man film we all were waiting for. And now Batman is being rebooted a year after the latest movie. This is ridiculous. Do movie execs think people have such low attention spans that we need these movies to be pumped out constantly? Every writer feels it's their duty to take on the task of rebooting Spider-Man or Batman? Star Trek is another example of meh. As a Trekkie, it's just sad seeing people think it's "Star Trek but cooler" or "Star Trek done Star Wars style" because its neither of those . IMO, it's just a fad for people to get into these rebooted geeky things. They are too lazy to read a comic or watch any of the thousand+ episodes of Star Trek, so it's hip to reboot things all flashy and "gritty" like. It's no more realistic or darker than anything that has been done before. The characters are the same just with younger more attractive people.

Thank god they're doing a sequel trilogy to Star Wars or you know in 10 years they would have rebooted the original trilogy.

So in the case with X-Men, I applaud the fact that they want to fix the series the right way and not give up and reboot.
OH MY GOD THANK YOU!!!

I'm so sick and tired of this idea that everyone has to have "their take" on a story. It's so lazy.

Quote:
I took "fix" as more like fixing X3 by making the stupid decisions more meaningful. Take Rogue for example. Everyone hated that she did nothing and took the cure and whatever. Now with DOFP, the cure is probably a fluke and she's likely going to have a redeeming role. Magneto had his last stand against humans before going "what have I done?" and now he's teamed up with Xavier again. Xavier died, but he's back now due to something. Kitty and Bobby, something that went nowhere now has gone somewhere...they're an actual couple. It seems like DOFP is the answer to all the "wtf?" moments in X:TLS
Agreed.

"Fix it" didn't mean bringing back Cyclops and Jean Grey and all that other stuff people have been complaining about.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:13 PM   #252
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Woah hey It was the one I was waiting for, I didn't like Raimis films and still don't, but I love spidey as a character and much prefer the reboot as a whole
I guess it's a matter of perspective as to which Spider-Man people prefer, but I just don't get the idea that it should be done over and over again. I don't mean to offend. I enjoyed ASM and some of the performances but I left the theater going "Ok...but what's the point?"

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #253
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
but I just don't get the idea that it should be done over and over again.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:20 PM   #254
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
That doesn't make any sense.Reboot Is wiping it out.

After Star Wars and Mission Impossible X-Men Is longest running franchise.

We need to get away from the do 3 films and then reboot mentalty.
No one said anything about 3 movies and a reboot.

TLS stalled out the franchise as an X-men property. The talk went to solo flicks like Wolverine and Deadpool to keep the rights. Wolverine sucked so they went back to X-men but the actors have moved on. The went with a prequel but what happens when those characters are suppose to age into the original trilogy? U can't dance around it forever.

Reboot isn't wiping it out. Star Trek didn't wipe out TOS/NexGen movies. You just don't need to watch them to enjoy the new timeline.

The OT trilogy actors can't play these characters forever. They aren't cartoons. You will have to recast roles eventually. Some type of "soft" reboot is always going to come.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:21 PM   #255
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
I took "fix" as more like fixing X3 by making the stupid decisions more meaningful. Take Rogue for example. Everyone hated that she did nothing and took the cure and whatever. Now with DOFP, the cure is probably a fluke and she's likely going to have a redeeming role. Magneto had his last stand against humans before going "what have I done?" and now he's teamed up with Xavier again. Xavier died, but he's back now due to something. Kitty and Bobby, something that went nowhere now has gone somewhere...they're an actual couple. It seems like DOFP is the answer to all the "wtf?" moments in X:TLS
That's what I mean. None of that stuff has been 'fixed' using the time travel, and there's no real evidence that the other big things people think need to be 'fixed' are going to be 'fixed' using the time travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicbookKid View Post
Reboot isn't wiping it out. Star Trek didn't wipe out TOS/NexGen movies. You just don't need to watch them to enjoy the new timeline.
Stop using Star Trek '09 as an example because it's not equivalent.

Quote:
You will have to recast roles eventually. Some type of "soft" reboot is always going to come.
Recasting doesn't = rebooting.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry

Last edited by DigificWriter; 11-04-2013 at 09:33 AM.
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #256
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

I think its very likely there will be a big change using time travel

Old 11-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #257
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think its very likely there will be a big change using time travel
You say this, but we have no real evidence of such a thing happening.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Old 11-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #258
gokira2012
Banned User

I hope this leads to a Shi'ar empire starjammers, movie

like what was done in the 90's cartoon

gokira2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #259
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
"They have a chance" implies they -want- to do it, and considering the constant blatant tying back to the original movies done by X-Men: First Class, The Wolverine, and now even X-Men: Days Of Future Past, it shows me that they don't want to wipe everything.
No. I mean they had the chance cause Wolverine Origins sucked as bad as TLS so they were in the same position as Sony and Spidey 3.

Everyone else was rebooting so they could have to.

Quote:
It shows me that they are interested in keeping the franchise alive after it was intended to be "concluded" with X-Men: The Last Stand, but nothing shows me they want to wipe out and erase continuity for a new one.

Nor do they need to. Despite all those doors that X-Men: The Last Stand supposedly closed, the franchise has doubled since that film, and in 7 months will be more than doubled. We're going on our 4th movie since all those doors were supposedly closed. A reboot isn't needed to keep this franchise alive. Simply creative film makers who know how to utilize the world that's been created, as well as the source material to fit into it.

You make it sound like Fox has some invested interest in the integrity of these movies. They have to make movies or the rights revert back to Marvel.

They were talking about doing a freakin Deadpool movie. Deadpool? Are you seriously going to tell me that people were clamoring for a Deadpool movie?

Quote:
Proof that a reboot isn't needed: X-Men: First Class.

While a prequel, it opened up a huge opportunity for them to follow up with X-Men: Days Of Future Past, all without any sort of reboot. As I said - creative film makers who know how to handle the established world and how to fit the source material into it. Even if Days Of Future Past wasn't an intended destination point when they made First Class, that film set it up beautifully for this to happen.

2 years ago, I said that X-Men: First Class was a completely needless, unnecessary film, and now here I am 2 years later looking at what seems almost like a natural progression that was meant to go in this direction for years, which afterwards, could very well set up the franchise for -multiple- sets of sequels, both from a First Class perspective as well as a main trilogy perspective.

In 2006 I would have told you that the franchise should come to an end as a trilogy. And even in 2009, I would have told you that the franchise should come to an end as a quadrilogy.

Now I'm sitting here seeing all the possibilities going forward, because of some good creative decisions that didn't take the "easy" way out with a reboot and start the whole thing all over again, rehashing the same old stuff from the beginning.

2 years ago I thought X-Men: First Class was the most pointless and needless film in the series (it's quality as probably my favorite not withstanding). Now, it's the movie that reopened the entire franchise.

A reboot and a continuity wipe is not needed. Just creative minds that know how to treat the movie world and the source material.
No. People need to face reality that actors don't play roles forever. The prequel limits you cause at some point they have to turn into the original trilogy.

By separating the franchise now, you make a plausible reason for the casting changes and the change in stories without a giant banner saying "A NEW BEGINNING"

Old 11-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #260
Great Mind(s)
Broken

When looking back in film will we go "That was the era where they kept making different versions of the same superheroes over and over again" ??

I don't like the idea of that, it makes every movie seem meaningless like it holds no weight. The Dark Knight trilogy had a huge impact on the pop culture world and instead of letting it sit for a while, having people go "remember how awesome that Batman trilogy was?? I wonder if they'll do a new one within the next ten years", people will be going "Which Batman written by the same person do you like more? What do you think about the new guy replacing Ben Affleck?"

Batman is now something that has to be out in theaters within every three years. They have to pump it out. Maybe Bale would have done one more but they need at least seven more. They need more Joker too, so they rebooted. They need more Batman so they hired someone everyone knows and shoved him into the sequel to Superman. This isn't a "crossover" with Batman, Batman is now a supporting Superman character. Because more Batman = more people who are too scared to go any nerdier than the powerless vigilante who witnessed his parents murdered. That appeals to the non-geek crowd more than the guy who got the magical ring from space.

Did it ever cross an execs mind to say "Let's do Superman vs Wonder Woman" or something? No obviously they went with Batman. Because they need to sell more Bat symbol belt buckles to Hot Topic. They sell like crazy don't they? Bat this, Bat that. Why would they stop now?

Last edited by Great Mind(s); 11-03-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #261
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
They were talking about doing a freakin Deadpool movie. Deadpool? Are you seriously going to tell me that people were clamoring for a Deadpool movie?
Yes, I am.... because it's the truth. I personally have no interest in a Deadpool film, but there is a market for it.

Quote:
Old 11-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #262
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Quote:
When looking back in film will we go "That was the era where they kept making different versions of the same superheroes over and over again" ??

I don't like the idea of that, it makes every movie seem meaningless like it holds no weight. The Dark Knight trilogy had a huge impact on the pop culture world and instead of letting it sit for a while, having people go "remember how awesome that Batman trilogy was?? I wonder if they'll do a new one within the next ten years", people will be going "Which Batman written by the same person do you like more? What do you think about the new guy replacing Ben Affleck?"

Batman is now something that has to be out in theaters within every three years. They have to pump it out. Maybe Bale would have done one more but they need at least seven more. They need more Joker too, so they rebooted. They need more Batman so they hired someone everyone knows and shoved him into the sequel to Superman. This isn't a "crossover" with Batman, Batman is now a supporting Superman character. Because more Batman = more people who are too scared to go any nerdier than the powerless vigilante who witnessed his parents murdered. That appeals to the non-geek crowd more than the guy who got the magical ring from space.

Did it ever cross an execs mind to say "Let's do Superman vs Wonder Woman" or something? No obviously they went with Batman. Because they need to sell more Bat symbol belt buckles to Hot Topic. They sell like crazy don't they? Bat this, Bat that. Why would they stop now?

Thank you!!!!

Old 11-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #263
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Thank you!!!!
Will X-Men ever be as popular as Batman in the movie world? Will it ever appeal to the general audience the way Batman does?? I personally don't think so, no matter how different a reboot would be. We have people like Ian McKellan, Patrick Stewart, Ellen Page, Anna Paquin and newcomers like Jennifer Lawrence and Michael Fassbender...these people kind of fit their roles pretty well. Instead of REBOOT, just write it good! Just write a good movie! These are some of the biggest actors right now and some like Paquin are at the prime age to be playing the character. Looking at True Blood, Anna is so Rogue-y at times. I mean the Rogue we have wanted from the start, sassy, tough, sexy Rogue. I can't think of anyone who could play her better right now.

We don't need to reboot when the actors are still ready willing and able to play the characters the best they can. Plus it kind of makes X-Men stand out as a franchise that doesn't rely on reboots and crap. It's about discrimination, and X-Men is like the film-minority in a sea of reboots.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #264
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Xmen is a franchise that wouldn't hurt to have a reboot with a fresh direction and flesh out characters better and I don't just mean cyclops, storm and jean, I mean the comic back story's for other characters that singer and other directors just took and made into silent cameo villains and killed off or just vanished

People may not like reboots but there is defo things that could or should have been done better

Old 11-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #265
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
Yes, I am.... because it's the truth. I personally have no interest in a Deadpool film, but there is a market for it.
No way. Don't mistake fans for a great interest. That's what keeps getting us all these terrible YA movies that are really just exposing how incestuous the ideas in the genre is. And not picking and choosing really good stories cause they aren't Harry Potter like or Hunger Games redux.

No one was clamoring for Judge Dredd. Or a new Conan. Or any of the other pointless spin-off or reimagining.

I love Longshot but we don't need to have a Mojoverse movie spin-off.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:40 PM   #266
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Quote:

People may not like reboots but there is defo things that could or should have been done better
That can't be the main reason to reboot anymore. Someone will always hate something in a movie.

If they use the Hulk Goblin from the Ultimate Universe, some fans will write off Garfield's entire era as needing a reboot with a proper, classic Green Goblin.

Stop the madness!!!!

Old 11-03-2013, 07:46 PM   #267
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Quote:
Will X-Men ever be as popular as Batman in the movie world? Will it ever appeal to the general audience the way Batman does?? I personally don't think so, no matter how different a reboot would be. We have people like Ian McKellan, Patrick Stewart, Ellen Page, Anna Paquin and newcomers like Jennifer Lawrence and Michael Fassbender...these people kind of fit their roles pretty well. Instead of REBOOT, just write it good! Just write a good movie! These are some of the biggest actors right now and some like Paquin are at the prime age to be playing the character. Looking at True Blood, Anna is so Rogue-y at times. I mean the Rogue we have wanted from the start, sassy, tough, sexy Rogue. I can't think of anyone who could play her better right now.

We don't need to reboot when the actors are still ready willing and able to play the characters the best they can. Plus it kind of makes X-Men stand out as a franchise that doesn't rely on reboots and crap. It's about discrimination, and X-Men is like the film-minority in a sea of reboots.
That's just not how things work though.

Pirates is creatively dead. Yeah, they can take the franchise in a new direction but the cost of the franchise has made it too hard to simply go backwards. Moviegoers expectations are for something new/exciting each time. Depp could play that role forever but that's not it. People have just turned their backs on it as a must-see movie.

Mission Impossible was able to restart, but the movie franchise was never a blockbuster franchise. It was just a solid performer that slipped because of the main star's personal life damaging his brand.

But eventually, Tom Cruise won't be able to jump buildings and run away from explosions.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #268
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

^ As actors age or quit, you do what the Bond franchise has: keep the same continuity and recast key roles as necessary.

And no, that's not rebooting.

Quote:
Old 11-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #269
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

We get reboots so they can make money and so they have material they can rework with

As for the xmen universe... Its a very rich universe and there are characters with back story's, some that tie together and make these characters very interesting but we probably won't see it in this current franchise and the audience won't see what makes half the characters in this universe cool because half of them will only be seen for a purpose and its power display, don't talk just use your powers

Obviously I'm in no rush for a reboot and I'd be disappointed if I found out they were rebooting but I can see why it wouldn't be a bad thing in the long run

Old 11-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #270
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
No. I mean they had the chance cause Wolverine Origins sucked as bad as TLS so they were in the same position as Sony and Spidey 3.

Everyone else was rebooting so they could have to.
Again, "a chance to" implies they wanted to.

Obviously, they didn't want to.

And a "bad movie" (which wasn't seen as "bad" by the general audience) is not sufficient enough reason to warrant a "reboot".

Quote:
You make it sound like Fox has some invested interest in the integrity of these movies. They have to make movies or the rights revert back to Marvel.

Fox absolutely does have an invested interest in the integrity of these movies. If they treat these movies like crap, and make crap movies, people won't want to see them, and the rights will be worthless.

Fox was in a bind with X-Men 3, and ended with Brett Ratner, but on X-Men Origins: Wolverine, you can see that they at least took a shot, hiring an Oscar winning director to helm it.

X-Men: First Class they went back to the guy who created the film franchise, as well as a successful mainstream director in Matthew Vaughn, to help revive the franchise. The Wolverine was originally supposed to be done by Darren Aronovsky, and then went to James Mangold. And now, X-Men: Days Of Future Past has Fox's second highest budget ever, and unlike X-Men: The Last Stand, is being given the TIME and the creative talent to make it the best movie possible.

Despite the fan reactions to a couple movies, Fox has tried, getting Oscar and critically acclaimed directors, giving large budgets and creative freedom and control. The last 3 movies, X-Men: Days Of Future Past included, have been treated with tremendous care as to the integrity of the film making process, and while most fans would claim that X-Men Origins: Wolverine didn't succeed, the move to bring in an Oscar winning director shows that they at least were attempting to get some quality film making in that one as well.

As yes, there is an audience for a Deadpool movie. Deadpool, while not a huge name comic book character, is a lot more mainstream than he used to be.

If Blade or Hellboy can have a successful film series, so can Deadpool.

Quote:
No. People need to face reality that actors don't play roles forever. The prequel limits you cause at some point they have to turn into the original trilogy.

By separating the franchise now, you make a plausible reason for the casting changes and the change in stories without a giant banner saying "A NEW BEGINNING"
Nobody said anything about actors playing these roles forever.

But whether you like it or not, these films WILL have to end at some point. Every film series does.

BUT, this film series already has life until 2014 with X-Men: Days Of Future Past. The First Class cast has one more film under their belt, which means this franchise can continue on until around 2016 or so with a 3rd movie featuring the First Class cast. I don't know the contract situations of the main trilogy cast, but any further main trilogy sequels likely won't need Ian McKellan, as Magneto won't need to be a part of it (he's not even a villain this time around). It's even questionable if Xavier is needed or not, so Patrick Stewart may not even need to come on board. But you will have the younger X-Men, like Iceman, Kitty Pryde, Colossus, who aren't "kids" anymore, but rather full grown adult X-Men at this point. This new movie is introducing us to new characters like fan favorite Bishop. Gambit can be used in First Class sequels played by Taylor Kitsch, or recast as an older character for main trilogy sequels, using someone like Josh Holloway or whatever his name is (just an example).

All of a sudden, we have a future X-Men sequel consisting of a team of Iceman, Kitty Pryde, Colossus, Bishop, Gambit, and perhaps even some of the other newbies like Blink, Warpath, Sunspot, and we haven't even touched on other big name characters like Psylocke, a recast expanded role for Jubilee, Alan Cumming is still technically under contract for Nightcrawler to make a return (and given the nature of the makeup, Nightcrawler is an easier recast in general anyways and doesn't need a time travel movie to justify it), and Angel can always come back as well.

We still have room in the future for possible villains such as Mr. Sinister, Apocalypse, Onslaught, Shadow King, Genosha...

Not a horrid lineup.

First class has potential to use Gambit, Havok, Beast, Quicksilver, and introduce recast, younger versions of Cyclops, Jean Grey, and Storm. There's potential here for stories like Mutant Massacre, Friends of Humanity, and perhaps even a new Phoenix Saga (not Dark Phoenix).

There's so much possibility left for this franchise that doesn't need reboots or massive recasts.

X-Men: First Class can keep the franchise alive until 2016, and possible post-X-Men: Days Of Future Past sequels can keep the franchise running even longer than that.

Last edited by Nell2ThaIzzay; 11-03-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #271
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Xmen is a franchise that wouldn't hurt to have a reboot with a fresh direction and flesh out characters better and I don't just mean cyclops, storm and jean, I mean the comic back story's for other characters that singer and other directors just took and made into silent cameo villains and killed off or just vanished

But the problem with this is that a movie is only so long and can only do so much.

I love Colossus. One of my favorite characters in the comics. And I'd love to see him be developed a bit deeper and closer to his comic character, instead of just a generic strong mutant.

But if Colossus gets that extra development, someone else will suffer. Maybe Iceman doesn't have the coming of age that we saw in the trilogy, and now X-Men: Days Of Future Past. Maybe Kitty Pryde doesn't even get included.

Where a reboot will do certain things better than the current franchise did, other things will suffer.

That's why a reboot is pointless. I'd rather just see a creative take on the already existing world, rather than start it over with a reboot, that's going to in the end rehash the same stories already told anyways.

And seriously, for a reboot to be worth a crap, it's going to have to find a way to justify it's own existence. To do something different from the already existing franchise. And the already existing franchise was heavily focused on the oppressed minority angle. So either we have a reboot that rehashes the same thing, and it's really different, or focuses on something else and loses the core and foundation of what the X-Men really are.

So a reboot really offers nothing. The big stories in the X-Men world have been told - Weapon X, Dark Phoenix Saga, Days Of Future Past, Wolverine in Japan, God Loves Man Kills...

So what is a new franchise gonna do? All the trademark stories have been told, sans Age of Apocalypse, Mutant Massacre, and maybe Onslaught. And there's still plenty of room in the current franchise to adapt those.

There just really isn't a reason to reboot. People just want to jump on the bandwagon, but I for one, cannot wait until this "reboot" phase passes.

I'm by no means saying the current franchise is perfect. Far from it. And I don't even have to point at the oft maligned X-Men: The Last Stand or X-Men Origins: Wolverine to find things I dislike about the creative direction of the franchise. X-Men: First Class is a bad offender. The Wolverine did things I didn't like. Even X-Men and X2 did some things here and there that I didn't like. And yes, despite my love of both these movies, X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine also did things I didn't like. And I'm sure that X-Men: Days Of Future Past will do things that I don't like as well.

The current franchise is far from perfect. But the thing is, a reboot won't be perfect either. And that's my point. It's an adaptation. It's never going to be translated perfectly. Even Lord Of The Rings isn't without it's imperfections.

But the thing is, I think the movies already did a damn good job capturing the characters and the stories. Maybe not perfect, but a damned good job overall. And while that's just one man's opinion, my point is that a reboot is either going to just rehash the same stuff with just some minor detail changes, and thus, not justify it's existence, or it's going to go in a completely different direction and totally change what the X-Men and the stories are about. Neither of these are a preferred choice.

I'm much prefer just watching this series play out as it is, adapt these stories as well as they can, and when the time comes to bring it all to an end, let it end gracefully and let history determine how these movies stack up.

I don't see why that's such an impossibility these days.

Last edited by Nell2ThaIzzay; 11-03-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #272
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
This is the only franchise from the early era, i.e. 2000s, still running. All the others either never made it or have already rebooted.

Fox had their chance with FC to refresh the franchise but instead went with tying it back to the 10 year old franchise. Now they have a chance to recast/reboot without wiping out, but weaving it out the previous franchise. I think they will take it.
Actually X-Men being if not the only, but one of the few franchises that started in the early 200s or late 90s still running (without doing a reboot) will encourage them more to avoid this "reboot" or wiping out the other films. X-Men already has that distinction of being one of the few franchises that managed to stay this long w/o doing a reboot and FOX will take advantage of that to earn money.

If future X-Men movies does well like DOFP, that will help the Blu-ray sales of the previously released movies especially the older movies that came out 10 years ago.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:29 PM   #273
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

FOX has, as others have said, already had a prime opportunity to reboot the franchise and chosen not to, yet people still have this perception that a reboot is actually a possibility in the future. It's both mind-boggling and baffling to me.

Quote:
Old 11-03-2013, 10:40 PM   #274
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Obviously, some people want a fresh start for the X-Men film. Like what Sony has done to Spider-Man last year and what DC has done to Superman this year and Batman back in 2005 and soon the character will be rebooted again. And I also think some people are just over with the OT cast but I'm not.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #275
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Obviously, some people want a fresh start for the X-Men film. Like what Sony has done to Spider-Man last year and what DC has done to Superman this year and Batman back in 2005 and soon the character will be rebooted again. And I also think some people are just over with the OT cast but I'm not.
Wanting something to happen and expecting it to happen are different things.

A case in point: Both me and my girlfriend of six years want to marry each other, but it's not something we expect to happen because our particular life circumstances make it pretty much an impossibility (we're both Autistic and she has numerous other health problems as well).

The perception/attitude regarding a reboot for the X-Franchise has transcended mere want and become expectation despite the fact that FOX had a chance to do a reboot already and chose not to take it.

Quote: