The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

View Poll Results: Which film is better
Thor (2011) 86 38.57%
Thor: The Dark World (2013) 116 52.02%
Tie 21 9.42%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #151
godisawesome
Side-Kick
 
godisawesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,342
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

I went with a tie because the heart of both films is still Thor and Loki, and I think the more deft handling of that core concept in Thor is evened out by the treatment of the relationship and contrasts in TDW.

I would agree that Thor probably qualifies closer to a critics wet dream, with a simpler plot with more easily understood complex characters, while TDW is more engaging for guys like me who love huge plots and twists and have no problem creating their own character interpretations for ambiguous scenes and characterizations.

Ps- I'll completely disagree with any opinion that states that Iron Man 3 was a better phase II movie. That movie felt too clever for its own good and very meh on its plot twists. This movie had a better grasp of how to play with the audiences imagination, and the villains and heroes felt more epic than that one.

__________________
“There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal."

-C.S. Lewis

Last edited by godisawesome; 11-11-2013 at 12:54 PM.
godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #152
Bert
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 221
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

For me, there were 0 "Holy $*** I can't believe this is happening moments in Thor... In the Dark World there were 3. That's not the only thing I used to gauge movies but let's just say I think The Dark World is a vast improvement over Thor.

Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:38 PM   #153
RoryTate
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 24
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

You know, the more I think about this question, the more I realize that they really are two different movies. The budgets were very different, with Thor 1 having way less than Thor 2. The overall purpose was different: Thor 1 was to set up Avengers in a big way, while Thor 2 was really about the Thor and Loki dynamic. Both movies are not without their flaws, but they fall short of perfection in distinct ways from each other.

In the end it will probably depend on what I am in the mood to watch, honestly.

RoryTate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #154
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 27,500
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

I found Thor 2 better than the first. Granted the first looked awesome, it had nothing to base itself off of. I think the whole look of Dark World was a lot better in many ways

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"


Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #155
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,755
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
Ps- I'll completely disagree with any opinion that states that Iron Man 3 was a better phase II movie. That movie felt too clever for its own good and very meh on its plot twists. This movie had a better grasp of how to play with the audiences imagination, and the villains and heroes felt more epic than that one.
I thought Iron Man 3 movie had better story-telling than TDW.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:35 PM   #156
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,510
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

^Yeah I would probably agree with that, of course, IM3 was 20 mins longer and had less characters to deal with which obviously helped a lot. Its why I still cant believe Marvel wanted 111mins as the runtime for TDW. Without even seeing the movie I knew this wouldnt be enough.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #157
DA_Champion
Side-Kick
 
DA_Champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 5,932
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
^Yeah I would probably agree with that, of course, IM3 was 20 mins longer and had less characters to deal with which obviously helped a lot. Its why I still cant believe Marvel wanted 111mins as the runtime for TDW. Without even seeing the movie I knew this wouldnt be enough.
They made it under 2 hours because they had modest ambitions for this film. They did not want to tell an epic story. They just wanted to provide mild entertainment and to move the plot elements around in the manner needed for guardians of the galaxy and avengers 2 to work.

DA_Champion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:45 AM   #158
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 12,461
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
They made it under 2 hours because they had modest ambitions for this film. They did not want to tell an epic story. They just wanted to provide mild entertainment and to move the plot elements around in the manner needed for guardians of the galaxy and avengers 2 to work.

Sad but true. I hope to Zod that Whedon gives Thor something epic to do physically /power wise in AoU and something dramatic and meaty as well to make up for how criminally underused Hemmsworth's talents were in TDW, to say nothing of Thor the character.

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:33 AM   #159
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,416
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
They made it under 2 hours because they had modest ambitions for this film. They did not want to tell an epic story. They just wanted to provide mild entertainment and to move the plot elements around in the manner needed for guardians of the galaxy and avengers 2 to work.
Except that Alan Taylor and the cast directly contradicted that notion before the movie came out by stating that their aim was to tell a darker and more grand story, explore the worlds and other characters more, etc. Of course, Maybe Marvel lacks the ambition that Taylor and co have. That's what makes this so disappointing, it had so potential and that potential was squandered. At least IM 3 TRIED to do something different. Also, if you're right, then apparently Marvel didn't hear the complaint about IM 2, that is was a giant teaser for the Avengers and not it's own film, which is also disappointing.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:22 AM   #160
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,510
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
They made it under 2 hours because they had modest ambitions for this film. They did not want to tell an epic story. They just wanted to provide mild entertainment and to move the plot elements around in the manner needed for guardians of the galaxy and avengers 2 to work.
Disappointingly, this is so true, its why Marvel have been unable to do sequels that better their originals IMO. They simply dont aim high enough, TDW could have matched The Avengers, or even exceed it, but Marvel didnt want that for some stupid reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Except that Alan Taylor and the cast directly contradicted that notion before the movie came out by stating that their aim was to tell a darker and more grand story, explore the worlds and other characters more, etc. Of course, Maybe Marvel lacks the ambition that Taylor and co have. That's what makes this so disappointing, it had so potential and that potential was squandered. At least IM 3 TRIED to do something different. Also, if you're right, then apparently Marvel didn't hear the complaint about IM 2, that is was a giant teaser for the Avengers and not it's own film, which is also disappointing.
Agreed, I personally think if they had just let Taylor do his thing with TDW we would have gotten a much better and much grander movie. His GoT episodes are always amazing in scope as well as design. Of course, Marvel had to meddle, and introduce humour and make the movie shorter, this didnt help TIH or IM2, and yet Marvel still did it here, stupid, totally stupid. Of course they have made their money so they wont care, but this was always going to make money after TA.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #161
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin
 
Bruce_Begins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,129
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Thor:TDW is better than Thor.


Thor:TDW could have been great, instead it was just good, can't say the same for Thor though. I found Thor to be underwhelming.

__________________

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #162
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 39,025
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

I think it is too early for something like this, but I would go with a tie personally. Thor was a better film from a script perspective (better arcs for its main characters) and Thor: The Dark World is better on a visually level. So each is better than the other in different ways.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #163
Visualiza
What is a yout?
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 1,334
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Thor is better by a wide margin. For starters, the writing didn't eschew the characters of the film; they were given the utmost attention with regard to depth, development, and their interactions with one another. Every character, save for perhaps Rene Russo, was given their just dues. The plot; however, was very thin, and this is solely due to how much emphasis Branagh and the writers placed on the character interactions. I personally didn't mind this, as I thoroughly enjoyed every character moment that was on display, but I can empathize with the criticisms about the plot being a bit lacking compared to other films.

The romance was decidedly better, as it was practically nonexistent in the sequel, and I've always thought of it as one of the better genre romances in recent years. There was a lot of depth to it, both subtle and obvious. The combination of their awkward and intimate moments, the witty and sincere dialogue, and the attraction they displayed for one another made for a very charming romance that was teeming with chemistry. I can't even comment on the second films romance, because Darcy's upstaged Thor and Jane's completely.

The sequel had only two crucial advantages over the first, and those would be the visuals and the epilogue. Everything about the visuals, from costume and set design, to special effects and cinematography, were head and shoulders superior to the first. Unquestionably, this movie was breathtaking to behold.

With regard to the ending, it was better because of the far reaching consequences it potentially has. A much more satisfying ending than even IM3, which was an overall better movie with an awful, pedestrian epilogue. TDW's ending was exciting because there's so much left to the imagination, and plenty of room for discussion and speculation. The only thing I've speculated on after Iron Man 3 was how they intend to approach getting Tony back into another suit of armor, let alone the looks, capabilities, etc.

For as thin as the plot was in Thor, TDW's was thinner. Feige and company should get a medal for that, and yet for as thin as the plot was, they somehow managed to neuter almost the entire cast. The only characters that were given any depth, development, or emphasis at all were Frigga(oddly enough, after how insignificant she was in the first) and Loki. Everyone else seemed like a sideshow, including Thor himself. The Warriors Three were practically irrelevant, Jane was as much of a plot contrivance as Lois in MoS, Odin hardly said a word or did a damn thing, and Selvig's paternal care for Jane seemed to just vanish. I didn't even mind the humorous angle they took with him and Darcy; it worked out well and I found them funny, but that doesn't excuse them regressing from a character standpoint. Any shred of depth and dimension either of them had from the first film was gone, with Selvig being just the scientist and Darcy just a walking punchline. Even so, the humor was well done and one of the few things that made the film tolerable.

The put it bluntly, Thor was a good movie that did several things right, while TDW was a mediocre film that did as much bad as it did good.


Last edited by Visualiza; 11-19-2013 at 05:46 PM.
Visualiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #164
Bim
Side-Kick
 
Bim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 8,714
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Love both, but i give an edge to Thor: The Dark World.

__________________
“There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.” Goethe

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:12 AM   #165
NicoleZoltack
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 37
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Thor 2. Loved the comedy and the drama. Loved Loki. I still really like Thor 1, don't get me wrong.

NicoleZoltack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:36 PM   #166
First Avenger
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Asgard
Posts: 903
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

TDW but I still love Thor.

First Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:21 AM   #167
one4smoke
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 142
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

To me, Thor was much better. It wasn't quite as "visual" as the Dark World, but wasn't nearly as flawed. The subway scene in TDW was absolutely embarrassing.

The first movie was much more emotionally powerful. Thor being restored to power after unselfishly giving his life, was one of the great feel-good scenes of all time. Also, I love the battle with the Frost Giants. IMO, the best Thor battle in the movies ...yet.

When it comes to movies, I base it on if I want to watch it again. TDW, I may see just one more time. Thor I could watch over and over many times ...and have.

one4smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:58 AM   #168
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!
 
Smashlilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,815
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visualiza View Post
Thor is better by a wide margin. For starters, the writing didn't eschew the characters of the film; they were given the utmost attention with regard to depth, development, and their interactions with one another. Every character, save for perhaps Rene Russo, was given their just dues. The plot; however, was very thin, and this is solely due to how much emphasis Branagh and the writers placed on the character interactions. I personally didn't mind this, as I thoroughly enjoyed every character moment that was on display, but I can empathize with the criticisms about the plot being a bit lacking compared to other films.

The romance was decidedly better, as it was practically nonexistent in the sequel, and I've always thought of it as one of the better genre romances in recent years. There was a lot of depth to it, both subtle and obvious. The combination of their awkward and intimate moments, the witty and sincere dialogue, and the attraction they displayed for one another made for a very charming romance that was teeming with chemistry. I can't even comment on the second films romance, because Darcy's upstaged Thor and Jane's completely.

The sequel had only two crucial advantages over the first, and those would be the visuals and the epilogue. Everything about the visuals, from costume and set design, to special effects and cinematography, were head and shoulders superior to the first. Unquestionably, this movie was breathtaking to behold.

With regard to the ending, it was better because of the far reaching consequences it potentially has. A much more satisfying ending than even IM3, which was an overall better movie with an awful, pedestrian epilogue. TDW's ending was exciting because there's so much left to the imagination, and plenty of room for discussion and speculation. The only thing I've speculated on after Iron Man 3 was how they intend to approach getting Tony back into another suit of armor, let alone the looks, capabilities, etc.

For as thin as the plot was in Thor, TDW's was thinner. Feige and company should get a medal for that, and yet for as thin as the plot was, they somehow managed to neuter almost the entire cast. The only characters that were given any depth, development, or emphasis at all were Frigga(oddly enough, after how insignificant she was in the first) and Loki. Everyone else seemed like a sideshow, including Thor himself. The Warriors Three were practically irrelevant, Jane was as much of a plot contrivance as Lois in MoS, Odin hardly said a word or did a damn thing, and Selvig's paternal care for Jane seemed to just vanish. I didn't even mind the humorous angle they took with him and Darcy; it worked out well and I found them funny, but that doesn't excuse them regressing from a character standpoint. Any shred of depth and dimension either of them had from the first film was gone, with Selvig being just the scientist and Darcy just a walking punchline. Even so, the humor was well done and one of the few things that made the film tolerable.

The put it bluntly, Thor was a good movie that did several things right, while TDW was a mediocre film that did as much bad as it did good.

There where a lot of things that where better in Thor over Thor: The Dark World but in totality at least for me Thor: The Dark World was better. The biggest complaint form me was that in Thor 1 Thor actually had a fighting style and didn't just hit people with his hammer like he did in Thor: The Dark World. He moved and attacked in a specific way in Thor but in Thor: Thor the Dark World he just hit you once or just flip you at Captain America levels.

__________________
Quote:
What is the most indestructable thing in the avengers? Ironman's suit, Captain America's Shield, or Thor's Hammer? The correct answer is Hulk's Pants

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 11-26-2013 at 02:20 AM.
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:18 AM   #169
one4smoke
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 142
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
There where a lot of things that where better in Thor over Thor: The Dark World but in totality Thor: The Dark World was better.
I'm just the opposite. I think there were things in TDW which were better, such as Thor's overall look, Hemsworth being more comfortable in the role, and the action. But in totality ...the first movie was better.

one4smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:38 AM   #170
DigificWriter
Side-Kick
 
DigificWriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,432
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

The Dark World.

The first movie was better, IMO, than any of the other Phase One movies that were out at the time of its release and is second only to The Avengers quality-wise, so TDW had a lot to live up to and is easily as good as TA.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
"harm" is not the same thing as "stuff we don't like."
Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Quote:
"There is no "supposed to be." It's an adaptation, a word that literally means change. Why bother making a new version if it doesn't offer a fresh approach?" - Christopher L. Bennett
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #171
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8,070
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
No its not.
How is the Avengers not a sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
That was awesome.

BTW, I vote TDW. Enjoyed it much more than the first film.

__________________
“Make it dark, make it grim, make it tough, but then, for the love of God, tell a joke.”Joss Whedon.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class

Last edited by TeeKay; 11-28-2013 at 05:28 PM.
TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #172
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,510
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

^You know, despite the action in general being better in TDW than in Thor 1, I still think the Jotunheim sequence is the best action sequence yet in a Thor movie (not counting Avengers, Thor vs Iron Man was awesome). As someone else said he seemed to have real fighting style which wasnt really evident in the sequel.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:46 AM   #173
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 33,466
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

The more I think about TDW the more I don't know how to answer this question. I mean I just quickly said of course TDW is better weeks ago but there are just cracks.

How can TDW be better than Thor when Hemsworth's performance was way better in Thor, when Hemsworth had more to do and was the focus of his own film?

How can TDW be better when the villain is embarrassingly underdeveloped in comparison to Loki in the first film? How can TDW be better when the pacing is much worst than the first film's and the story more nonsensical and choppy? I did find the dark world's action scenes to be much better, the Jane love story is still bad but slightly less crappy and I found Portman less obnoxious. I don't know, that all sounds like I perfer the original...

I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #174
one4smoke
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 142
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

The only way the first Thor could've been better is if there was an uncut version. All the cut scenes were great with the exception of one.

one4smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #175
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,750
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Thor 1 > Thor 2.

The first Thor had a tighter script, a much more engaging title character with a visible story arc, an absolutely mesmerizing villain (still the best in the MCU so far), and better performances from the actors all around. TDW had a poorly paced script that bounced around all over the place, focused far too much on inconsequential details instead of the bigger picture, a title character who was utterly wooden and just spent the whole movie as a pawn in everybody else's games, a cardboard one-dimensional villain, and performances that were just phoned in from actors who seemed to really want to be somewhere else the whole time they were onscreen.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.