Final Battle 31 43.66%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2013, 07:36 AM   #51
Shazam
Side-Kick

Default Re: Best Action Scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
I'm wondering why Kurse was able to deflect Mjolnir (that seems like a huge controversial event in the movie).
Does that mean that Maleketh is more powerful than Odin since his infusing of Kurse is able to combat the enchantment placed on Mjolnir by Odin? But then Mjolnir's lightning was able to scar Maleketh and seemed to worry him.
Wondering then if Kurse would actually be able to lift the hammer through the enchantment.
Odin seems pretty weak in these movies anyway......The only real showing of power I've seen was in Thor 1 when he banished Thor.....that scene was outstanding.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Loki obviously got the jump on Odin "THE OMNIPOTENT" And has him tied up somewhere! smh....

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:46 AM   #52
Savage
Earth Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
Odin seems pretty weak in these movies anyway......The only real showing of power I've seen was in Thor 1 when he banished Thor.....that scene was outstanding.

Loki obviously got the jump on Odin "THE OMNIPOTENT" And has him tied up somewhere! smh....
I'm blaming an outside force like Hela or Surtur for that one. Mysteries are fun.

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow
Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #53
Savage
Earth Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
Malekith almost wins because Thor was stuck on a subway, he was stuck on a subway. Just read that sentence. The stupidity coming off of it is ridiculous. Its so stupid I can't believe someone actually came up with it. He wasn't off fighting some other minion, or stuck on another planet powerless to stop Malekith. He was stuck on a subway. An effin subway. Having him run back to the battle would have been better than that. Or how about he starts to run and then mjolnir comes in to save the day. The battle was already too long and tiresome and then they added that and ugh. just terrible.
I'll forgive it on the grounds that it was hilarious and not as boring as running back to the battle...Running back to the battle. Seriously?

Final battle takes the cake for me. That was almost as good as The Avengers' Battle for New York. The scope was huge, it went all over the place, it was brutal, it kept being entertaining even when the combatants were separated, it's just great stuff. No it wasn't Yuen Wo-Ping level fight choreography but they made up for that with sheer creativity. THIS was a superhuman battle done right and it even eclipses Hulk vs. The Abomination, my favorite MCU solo movie climax until recently.

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow

Last edited by Savage; 11-11-2013 at 07:50 AM.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:51 AM   #54
Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage View Post
I'm blaming an outside force like Hela or Surtur for that one. Mysteries are fun.
I see ya workin'...........maybe you're right........

But don't ya wanna see some real Odinforce?? He just seems feeble.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:01 AM   #55
Savage
Earth Rocker

Quote:

Oh I do. I just don't see him as feeble either. He has not been defeated in battle in the movies. I kind of assume that makes him the most powerful one. Yes he could just use the Odinforce and destroy threats but, like the comics, he always has to be indisposed so he's not taking over Thor's movie. Honestly, if it wasn't for sheer convenience (the Odinsleep, never being in the same room as the main villain when they're a threat for some reason) Odin would probably end these movies in ten minutes. That would be boring, however.

I try not to assume the worst just because the movies haven't shown them to me. I have kind of a take it as it comes policy.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:21 AM   #56
Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage View Post
Oh I do. I just don't see him as feeble either. He has not been defeated in battle in the movies. I kind of assume that makes him the most powerful one. Yes he could just use the Odinforce and destroy threats but, like the comics, he always has to be indisposed so he's not taking over Thor's movie. Honestly, if it wasn't for sheer convenience (the Odinsleep, never being in the same room as the main villain when they're a threat for some reason) Odin would probably end these movies in ten minutes. That would be boring, however.

I try not to assume the worst just because the movies haven't shown them to me. I have kind of a take it as it comes policy.
I hear ya.....

Old 11-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #57
ctsketch
Side-Kick

The final battle would have been nicer if they didn't cut away from it so much. Although I understand the others had a part to play in it as well

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #58
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:

Thor even said the battle on Vanaheim would have bee over even more quickly with Odin there

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #59
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
The final battle would have been nicer if they didn't cut away from it so much. Although I understand the others had a part to play in it as well
It wasnt the cutting away which ruined it as such, it was the cutting away for pointless scenes like Darcy and her Intern and the subway sequence.

If it had just cut to the scenes were they were helping and not the comedy bits the battle would have flowed much better.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:06 PM   #60
RoryTate
Newbie First Class

Had to go with the final battle on this. I considered some of the other fight sequences, and while they were very good too, each of them had problems that the last one didn't. I thought the Kurse one was good, but was a bit too rushed. Plus, I felt it made Thor just a bit too meh, just so that Loki could have his moment. The attack on Asgard was good too, but the "fighting guns with swords" imbalance between the dark elves and Asgardians was a bad choice.

The final battle was very epic, and had some good pacing that didn't make me lose interest at all. It was also very creative, which is a description I don't think I've used for an action sequence in quite a while, if ever.

RoryTate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:49 AM   #61
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Mine was the Invasion of Asgard.
THAT was cool in so many ways

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #62
Bim
Side-Kick

I was torn between the Invasion of Asgard/Prison Break and the Final Battle, but in the end i had to give it to the second one. Loved it!

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #63
spideymouse
Side-Kick

I imagine we have to credit Chris Yost for his creativity in these awesome action sequences. My vote is probably for the final battle and/or the Invasion of Asgard, but I think the escape from Asgard/chase scene is not getting enough praise. The way it plays out like a suspenseful heist movie + Loki's bantering/backseat driving really made that whole sequence really entertaining to watch.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #64
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
It wasnt the cutting away which ruined it as such, it was the cutting away for pointless scenes like Darcy and her Intern and the subway sequence.

If it had just cut to the scenes were they were helping and not the comedy bits the battle would have flowed much better.
Not only that but they should have had Thor and Mal actually fighting a bit more. Literally half the fight was them falling and rolling around.

Which reminds me, Thor didn't really show off any feats of strength in this. Wtf...

My favorite battle was the attack on Asgard. I wish I could say it was the end battle but it wasn't all that great. So much wasted potential. It was a great idea seeing them fight through the rifts but they just didn't do much in terms of displays of power.

I don't even want to talk about the Kurse fight. So many fans complain that a lot of fights in the solo films for Phase 1 were incredibly weak, but I still defend the fight with Stane in IM1. I like it better than the Kurse fight, that was lame as all hell and too many fanboys overhyped it.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:09 AM   #65
NicoleZoltack
Side-Kick

Hard choice! But I went with the final battle.

NicoleZoltack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #66
Ratcrawler
Side-Kick

I think the most memorable one for me was the final battle if only because I got the weird sense of Mjolnir being confused on operating on some sort of intelligence. Like it was it's own character.

Green Goblin: Yeah. He told me you're gay.

MARVEL/DC: HAPPY HOUR
Ratcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #67
Wolverine's Run
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratcrawler View Post
I think the most memorable one for me was the final battle if only because I got the weird sense of Mjolnir being confused on operating on some sort of intelligence. Like it was it's own character.
Yeah, the turn down the streets threw me off a bit with Mjolnir. Didn't know Thor had the ability to make it do turns and things like that. I like the final battle but the invasion of Asgard gets tops from me.

Wolverine's Run is offline   Reply With Quote