Now they are hinting at Thor VS hulk in the movie
Not looking good

Do u guys think Yost hates Thor

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 05:55 PM   #2
RoryTate
Circle Researcher

Default Re: Chris Yost thread

No, not at all. Yost also had a big hand in Avengers: EMH, which is one of the best versions of Thor I've seen. Here are a few clips showcasing how well he was written there. My all-time favourite part has to be the "Because I hear thunder" line from Cap (which is near the end of the video).

RoryTate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 06:02 PM   #3
SoNicRaDiATioN
Banned User

Love Chris Yost, wish he still had a hand in Marvel Animation. Hulk vs. was my favorite Marvel/Lionsgate DTV Great times.

SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 10:57 PM   #4
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Hes good ar humiliating Thor
Hulk VS
And that battle in TDW
Loves having Thor helplessly getting pounded in the face

To be fair EMH wrote Thor awesome
Checkin that clip out

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 11:30 PM   #5
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Yost is a great talent and sure, Thor took a pounding in HULK VS. but just like countless times in comics there were contrivances to make that possible. Otherwise look at the care in the presentation of Thor and Asgard. It all comes off great and Thor is a great hero in HULK VS. fighting to the death almost TWO TIMES. Does Thor get the short end of the stick too often? Sure. But let's remember that the character that pummels him in TDW does so because the COMIC BOOK character of Kurse is supposed to be two times or more stronger than Thor. If anything the problems with TDW are more about lackluster action (that pummeling is bad not because Thor gets beat on but because it was done so very poorly) and suboptimal writing and casting (why did we even need Darcy's "intern" or Jane's sad sack date at all?).

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ NOW ON ITUNES. NEW, EPISODE X: The Films Of 1984.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 11:45 PM   #6
RoryTate
Circle Researcher

I've heard the "Hulk vs" animated film is a pretty one-sided fight, but that's not surprising when it's essentially a Hulk movie. I remember a story where the Wasp basically took out all the Avengers single-handedly, including the Hulk and Thor, if you can believe that.

The TDW blame is tough to pinpoint, but I don't think it's Yost's fault. The Avenger's movies are definitely Whedon's doing, since he can only ever write background beta males exactly like himself. I know he had a fair bit of influence on TDW as well, which sucked.

Yost I think gets the "holding back using his full power" aspect of Thor (until it is required and honourable to do so), which is essential. He seems to also show other people respecting the majesty and strength of Thor. I'm cautiously optimistic this movie could finally do the character of Thor some justice in this regard.

RoryTate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:00 AM   #7
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Kurse should beat Thor when you look at the comics. He's created to be twice as strong, which means that he's a lot stronger than Hulk, before the latter reaches extreme levels. His origin in TDW is of course different, but we're told that he's stronger than any force in Asgard.

Yost being responsible for EMH is of course his biggest credential when it comes to proving that he understands the character and his power. He was shown as the big gun of the Avengers in that show, even being used as a deus ex machina in the second season. EMH had overall an amazing take on the power levels of the Avengers.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 02:30 PM   #8
BoredGuy
Chairman of the Bored

Plus, for as much s*** as everyone gives Hulk Vs., that was essentially a pure Rage form of Hulk, not tethered to Banner to keep him in check... so if "the madder Hulk gets, the stronger he gets" then a Hulk that is a pure ball of unchecked rage is also as strong as he could possibly be

Old 06-23-2016, 03:08 PM   #9
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Plus, lets be real: its basically a Hulk cartoon movie, of course everyone else is going to job to make Hulk look good. Its one of the unfortunate benefits of being one of Marvel's top names.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 11:34 AM   #10
Gamma Ra
Jedi Master Samad Ka'bod

I'm elated. Chris Yost really understands proper Hulk characterization. He understands that Hulk is much more that just some "unleashed primal force".