View Poll Results: Would you approve?
Yes 8 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2015, 11:35 AM   #1
MakeMinesMarvel
Child of the Atom

Default Liam for Balder?

Thor's family has been reduced to just Loki would you approve of this addition?

MakeMinesMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:38 PM   #2
Tg11
Side-Kick

Default Re: Liam for Balder?

I would say bring Liam Hemsworth in as Balder the Brave, brother to both Loki and Thor and as Odin's youngest son

Tg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 02:44 PM   #3
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

That would be pretty cool

Old 02-25-2015, 06:15 AM   #4
herolee10
S.H.H. Survivor

The only problem with introducing "Balder" at this point would be in trying to explain on why the character never appeared in any of the previous films, let alone was never mentioned.

When Thor was banished to Earth and Odin fell into his Odinsleep, they made it pretty clear that Loki wast the only royal heir left to assume the role during the void. If Balder existed, then wouldn't they have gone to him instead?

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:23 PM   #5
MakeMinesMarvel
Child of the Atom

Maybe he's guarding the place where Surtur is being kept. Like another version of Heimdall. He is the youngest son so he's at the botttom of the food chain. Like Ed Stark brother joining the Night's Watch.

Old 03-06-2015, 06:41 AM   #6
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

I haven't really seen that much of him myself but I've heard people say he's not nearly as good of an actor as Chris, so that would lean towards me not wanting him here.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 07:30 PM   #7
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

No to Liam, & no to Balder being introduced as a 3rd brother this deep into the story. There's been no indication whatsoever that Odin has any other kids. Have Balder be an uncle or cousin if he's to be introduced.

Gay Perry- Ambiguous. No, no, I don't think so.
Harry- No, I think what he means is that when you say "Picture it inside your head" okay is that that a bullet will be inside your head. Or picture it in your head, like form an image...
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 11:12 AM   #8
BoredGuy
Killing Time

I think they could pull off adding Balder in
Just say Odin hid him in a different realm to keep him safe and prevent Ragnarok

as for mini-Hems playing him?
meh, it'd be an okay choice, he hasn't blown me away in the hunger games movies, and I don't know what else he's really done

BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 06:50 PM   #9
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
I think they could pull off adding Balder in
Just say Odin hid him in a different realm to keep him safe and prevent Ragnarok
Nice. I like this idea. And I like the discussion of ideas like this. Actually there are a lot of clever ways to bring in Balder in the third film (Karnilla, Hel, etc.). Odin actually even had Balder killed once to bring about a false Ragnarok to prevent the real one. Thor doesn't even have to know he has another brother. Has anything been said about Tyr? Odin keeps secrets all the time. Loki didn't even know he was a Frost Giant for over a thousand years. Thor doesn't even know his real mother yet. So much room for intrigue here it's ridiculous.

I personally will be very disappointed if Balder never gets established in the MCU after 3 standalone Thor films. It would definitely shake up the whole sibling dynamic that's for sure. Gaia, Balder, Hela, Karnilla are all very high on my wish list for characters to see realized in the MCU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
as for mini-Hems playing him?
meh, it'd be an okay choice, he hasn't blown me away in the hunger games movies, and I don't know what else he's really done
Agree. From what I've seen Liam in I haven't been overly impressed either but maybe he hasn't had the right opportunity and it might well be a sweet opportunity to play off of their natural sibling dynamic. Loki being adopted explains why he looks nothing like either of them. I'm definitely intrigued by the prospect.

Ragnaroknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:34 AM   #10
MakeMinesMarvel
Child of the Atom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
That would be pretty cool
Yup

Old 03-30-2015, 12:50 PM   #11
herakles
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
The only problem with introducing "Balder" at this point would be in trying to explain on why the character never appeared in any of the previous films, let alone was never mentioned.

When Thor was banished to Earth and Odin fell into his Odinsleep, they made it pretty clear that Loki wast the only royal heir left to assume the role during the void. If Balder existed, then wouldn't they have gone to him instead?
Easy Balder was away on official crown business or he was a minor per Asgardian standards and hidden from all the troubles.

herakles is offline   Reply With Quote