The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: Ragnarok

Old 07-26-2015, 05:23 PM   #1
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Default Thor Villains for Ragnorok and Beyond

I feel like Thor has among the strongest villains of the current Marvel studios characters. What villains would you like to see in Thor 3? What villains would you like to see in some future movie? What villains would you like to join Lorelei and the Absorbing Man on Agents of SHIELD?

In Ragnorok, I expect Surtur to be the main villain. But is there anyone else you want? The Midgard Serpent? Hela? Amora the Enchantress (and, presumably, Skurge)? What about for the future? Karnilla (a good way to bring Balder the Brave into the mix)?

My fear is this'll be the last Thor movie. Otherwise, I'd suggest even holding off on Amora (alternatively, cast Amora, but leave her alive and save her for a future role of lead villain).

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 04:22 AM   #2
Fosterson
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor Villains for Ragnorok and Beyond

Without wishing to sound like a hater, Surtur will probably be a means to an end like most MCU villains and get killed off at the end of the movie. Loki will be the main focus where "villainy" is concerned due to his popularity. Amora may well appear, since they've already introduced her sister in AoS.

This probably will be the last Thor movie with Hemsworth (unless he renews his contract). That's unlikely, because I think Marvel want Phase 4 and beyond to be about "new" characters such as Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Ant-Man, Scarlet Witch etc. Infinity War Part 2 will most likely be the last time we see Downey as IM, Johansson as Widow, Hemsworth as Thor etc IMO.

Fosterson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 08:34 AM   #3
Loki882
Side-Kick

I'd LOVE to see Amora and Skurge (the fact that they haven't even been hinted at so far annoys me). But given how Marvel handles most of their non-Loki film villains (Malekith being perhaps the most egregious example) and how they've so underused the CURRENT Asgardian cast through TWO films now, I fear that they wouldn't get the proper development/respect that they deserve.

Ditto on Surtur, who I'd also really like to see.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 05:16 PM   #4
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

I feel like Amora has potential to be the next Loki, though. Just a fun character who doesn't necessarily have to be a villain.

Surtur is probably going to be along the lines of Malekith, though. Maybe a more badass version, but really just a scary powerful force and nothing more.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 05:44 PM   #5
Loki882
Side-Kick

Oh she's definitely got that potential alright. I just question Marvel's willingness to do it. Heck Malekith in the comics is enjoyable in a Joker-esque "darkly funny sadist/psychopath" kind of way. And that would have been entertaining to see onscreen, and they cast the perfect actor for it. But instead they gave him little screentime and made him as boring/bland as possible. I fear that Amora would suffer the same fate.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:24 AM   #6
DarknessOfDeath
Why am I not surprised?

Definitely Amora...but I doubt Marvel will introduce her with the right actress in mind.

"For as long as I can remember I just wanted to do what was right. I guess I'm not quite sure what that is anymore. And I thought I could throw myself back in and follow orders, serve. It's just not the same," - Steve Rogers to Peggy Carter

"If it was the other way around, and it was down to me to save your life, and you be honest with me, would you trust me to do it?" - Natasha Romanoff

"I would now...and besides, I'm always honest," - Steve Rogers
DarknessOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 02:57 PM   #7
Fosterson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessOfDeath View Post
Definitely Amora...but I doubt Marvel will introduce her with the right actress in mind.
Why? Marvel are usually spot-on when it comes to casting.

Fosterson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:36 PM   #8
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

I feel like Viva Bianca is THE right choice for Enchantress.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:23 PM   #9
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Ulik

Mangog

High Evolutionary

bubbadoom is offline   Reply With Quote