The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 11-09-2013, 08:26 AM   #101
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Default Re: MCU: Your Thoughts About The Infinity Stones (SPOILERS INSIDE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
Some rambling based on the Scarlet Witch being the Reality Stone theory: the Stone took physical form as Wanda centuries ago to try and defend itself, however this proved useless as she was hunted across the Universe by aliens and Gods for her power. She created Pietro to protect her, and over time the two have evolved into a brother-sister relationship and he becomes more and more of an overprotective jerk.

Very convoluted and unlikely but thoughts?

I really like that, Hyde. Very interesting.

Old 11-09-2013, 08:29 AM   #102
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
When Hawkeye was in Stuttgart, he told Selvig that the Tesseract gave him the power to see a little bit into the future to see his next target, and that he'd need an eyeball (for a retinal scan) to complete that mission.
I don't think it showed him the future. Since it's the Space Stone, perhaps it showed Hawkeye the target through some sort of portal. And I'm betting that Hawkeye scoped out the building in Stuttgart and gathered info to prepare himself, which is why he knew about the retinal scanner.

Old 11-09-2013, 08:31 AM   #103
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I really like that, Hyde. Very interesting.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #104
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
For sure. And I think JK Rowling wouldve made the quest longer if she had thought of doing so sooner. I do love that she made (probably retconned) Tom Riddle's diary as a horcrux. That was awesome.

But yeah, infinity gems. The OG horcruxes. Keep them at 5 though? There will be 6 total. Just 4 more to discover. And 4 macguffins out of like 8 movies isn't so bad at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
You mean 6?
Yeah, i wasn't exactly sure how many there were

What i mean is that as long as they don't invente more gems than needed just to get a fast explanation for a certain plot or to repeat the storyline i'm fine, it's fun to guess what will come next, and when they do appear like in Cap/ Avengers, and Thor 2 it feels like a part of something bigger, and when all the gems come together it will be even more impressive.

This revelation does seem to make the Cosmic Cube much weaker than in the comics, where who had it could do whatever they wanted, which i'm fine with, that makes the Infinity Gauntlet all the more impressive.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:51 AM   #105
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Right, and one additional thing it does is while we still get to see all 6 infinity stones, we also get to see several other artifacts without there being more than 6 macguffins.

For instance, if they had done 6 stones on top of the cosmic cube? That mightve been too much.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #106
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Tesseract = Space
Scepter = Mind
Aether = Power
GOTG MacGuffin = Time (I'm calling it now)
Eye of Agamotto (when Dr. Strange gets made) = Soul or Reality

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #107
Dasher10
Side-Kick

The sixth stone is obviously The Bloodstone in the inevitable Captain America 3. Mostly since Zemo is an awesome villain and he needs to make some sort of appearance. I vote for Daniel Bruhl as Zemo.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #108
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I seriously doubt the Scepter was the Mind Gem. Or more precisely, I doubt Thanos would hand an artifact that powerful over to Loki.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #109
Lord
All Mighty

Yeah, i doubt he would hand an infinity stone to anybody, was Loki supposed to give it to him?

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #110
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
I seriously doubt the Scepter was the Mind Gem. Or more precisely, I doubt Thanos would hand an artifact that powerful over to Loki.
Yeah, Nick Fury and Kevin Feige have both specifically stated that Loki's Spear was powered by the Tesseract, nothing else. No need to start reading anything more into that, especially the notion that Thanos would "loan out" an Infinity Stone for any reason to a god of mischief, lies and deceit.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #111
chaseter
Bland User

The Ultimate Nullifier has to pop up at some point.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #112
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Coincidently, the Ultimate Nullifier just showed up in the new Nova comic.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:04 PM   #113
CoherentChaos
Side-Kick

What I don't understand is how the sceptor is powered by the Tesseract if Loki opens up with it (blasting people and mind controlling) before he even gets his hands on it.

Only thing I could think of is that it's just capable of linking with it no matter what the distance. Which would sort of make the sceptor the 'key' to Loki using the Tesseract as a door to Earth. Is that what everyone's going with? Or is that actually too convoluted?

CoherentChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:13 PM   #114
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoherentChaos View Post
What I don't understand is how the sceptor is powered by the Tesseract if Loki opens up with it (blasting people and mind controlling) before he even gets his hands on it.

Only thing I could think of is that it's just capable of linking with it no matter what the distance. Which would sort of make the sceptor the 'key' to Loki using the Tesseract as a door to Earth. Is that what everyone's going with? Or is that actually too convoluted?
I just figured the staff itself was ancient, probably already carrying a charge for thousands of years or more. Limitless power, right? Whomever made that staff could siphon off energy from the Tesseract much like Arnim Z. Such a device could last a very long time.

Or maybe it charges via proximity. I dunno.

With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."
~ The Road of Kings

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion

Last edited by Whiskey Tango; 11-09-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #115
CoherentChaos
Side-Kick

Yeah I could see that working. That would make it plausible then that he could just gateway to Earth like that.

But if a weapon like that can transport someone to the Tesseract's location, then it makes having the Tesseract on Asgard dangerous. Which then makes sense given the decision in the mid credits of Thor 2.

CoherentChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:26 AM   #116
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoherentChaos View Post
Yeah I could see that working. That would make it plausible then that he could just gateway to Earth like that.

But if a weapon like that can transport someone to the Tesseract's location, then it makes having the Tesseract on Asgard dangerous. Which then makes sense given the decision in the mid credits of Thor 2.
It was strongly hinted that Loki already has an innate planewalking ability in Thor 1. He talks about knowing "back ways" in and out of Asgard, or something to that effect. In fact, we saw that he was able to project all the way to Midgard easily enough at least twice (once in Thor's cell, and again with Selvig). And if that's so, then Loki's arrival at Thanos' throne, as well as his journey to Earth, have nothing to do with the Scepter, or even the Tesseract: he's accomplishing these planar jaunts on his own power.

As for the Scepter/Spear, it seems to have been left on Earth in mortal hands (Widow was the last person seen holding it), and Thor didn't seem to be the least bit worried by that. So odds are that it was depowered by the end of Avengers anyway.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #117
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

So I was thinking today and it just hit me that the box/infinity Gem that Sif handed to the Collector was the Aether. So now I know where that went. I was so lost on that scene, and on what happened to the Aether after the film. Gee whiz.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #118
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
So I was thinking today and it just hit me that the box/infinity Gem that Sif handed to the Collector was the Aether. So now I know where that went. I was so lost on that scene, and on what happened to the Aether after the film. Gee whiz.

Keep up, Doc. Jeez.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:28 AM   #119
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I thought that was pretty obvious

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #120
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Just subscribing, don't mind me.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #121
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Yeah... it was literal fridge logic for me. Oy.

Anyway, I'm feeling the Tesseract as Space and the Aether as Reality.

Seeing as how the Orb of Agamotto being the Soul Gem almost goes without saying. It's not going to be the Mind Gem, not really. Plus, since we don't have Adam Warlock, not much sense in deferring to him.

The GOTG do seem to be holding onto some MacGuffin though... perhaps that's what they're guarding, per se? I would guess the Power Gem would be the cleanest and simplest and most 'space saga'-y MacGuffin.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:03 PM   #122
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Actually, going by the tie-in comics ( and IIRC, from the stinger scene ), we might just have Adam Warlock. There's something in the Collector's collection that looks quite a bit like a man-sized coccoon.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #123
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Actually, going by the tie-in comics ( and IIRC, from the stinger scene ), we might just have Adam Warlock. There's something in the Collector's collection that looks quite a bit like a man-sized coccoon.
Yeah, it's definitely Warlock's cocoon. He officially "exists" in the MCU now, at least foreshadowed.

Old 11-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #124
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

I've gotten the impression the Tesseract is the Space Gem because that's what a tesseract does. The Aether is the Reality Gem because it's now in the Collector's hands. Thanos acquired the Reality Gem from him in the Thanos Quest.

If we're to follow that story, then the Soul Gem would be found with the In-Betweener, the Mind Gem is with the Grandmaster, the Time Gem is being used by the Runner, and the Power Gem is with the Champion.

We'll probably see the Soul Gem or the Power Gem introduced in Guardians of the Galaxy.

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.

Last edited by Red Mask; 11-14-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Red Mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #125
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Mask View Post
I've gotten the impression the Tesseract is the Space Gem because that's what a tesseract does. The Aether is the Reality Gem because it's now in the Collector's hands. Thanos acquired the Reality Gem from him in the Thanos Quest.

If we're to follow that story, then the Soul Gem would be found with the In-Betweener, the Mind Gem is with the Grandmaster, the Time Gem is being used by the Runner, and the Power Gem is with the Champion.

We'll probably see the Soul Gem or the Power Gem introduced in Guardians of the Galaxy.
I kinda doubt the MCU Thanos Quest will be that similar to the 616.

And the more I think about it, I believe at the end of Phase 2 Thanos will own at least one of the stones

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is online now   Reply With Quote