The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 11-16-2013, 11:34 PM   #126
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Default Re: MCU: Your Thoughts About The Infinity Stones (SPOILERS INSIDE)

Just expanding on what's been written before.

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Red Mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:13 PM   #127
OriginalMiles
BLAAARGH

My theory!!

Confirmed (Kinda)
-Tesseract = Space
-Aether = Power

Not Confirmed
- GotG macguffin = Time
- Eye of Aggomotto (Appears in Dr. Strange, maybe) = Soul
- Loki's/Chitauri Sceptre = Mind
- ??? = Reality

OriginalMiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #128
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelDCguy View Post
My theory!!

Confirmed (Kinda)
-Tesseract = Space
-Aether = Power

Not Confirmed
- GotG macguffin = Time
- Eye of Aggomotto (Appears in Dr. Strange, maybe) = Soul
- Loki's/Chitauri Sceptre = Mind
- ??? = Reality
I'd think they'd leave the Soul Gem with Adam Warlock, since it's almost iconic to him (and literally a part of him); especially since the cocoon in The Collector's menagerie strongly hints at Warlock's existence. It's possible that The Collector doesn't know Warlock possesses it; or maybe it won't physically manifest or something until Warlock literally comes out of his shell.

The Mind Gem/Loki's Sceptre debate is still ongoing, but for now, it's easier to just take Kevin Feige (and Nick Fury) at their word and say that the Spear was powered by the Tesseract, nothing more. On the off chance that it *is* the Mind Gem in that Spear, I guess they could get around the "two Stones in Asgard" argument if the Spear is still in SHIELD's possession.

That would make the "scatter" look something like:

Tesseract/Space Gem: in Asgard
Aether/Power (maybe; or Reality, maybe) Gem: in The Collection in/on....wherever? His spaceship?
Soul Gem: in Adam Warlock's cocoon, unbeknownst to The Collector/Thanos
Mind Gem: in Loki's Sceptre, in SHIELD's possession on Earth
Time Gem: somewhere in space; comes into the possession of GOTG
Reality (or Power) Gem: ????

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:37 PM   #129
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Makes you wonder whether they will change the color of the soul stone from green since it is part of Warlock's aesthetic.

If it were yellow or orange to match his costume that might actually make a lot of sense:

Old 11-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #130
Destructus86
Side-Kick

That is one of the worst costumes i've ever seen.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #131
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Don't be dissin' da Warlock.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #132
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

You guys have to remember. It's Adam Wardrobe who has a much better fashion sense.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #133
cph9fa
Side-Kick

If we see Inhumans, what are the chances that the "Terrigen Crystal" (as a singular item, instead of many) is an Infinity Stone? I'm thinking probably not, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

And another thought: with the MCU schedule tentatively extending all the way out to 2021, and plenty of film choices to easily fill phases 3 and 4. I'm beginning to wonder whether the big Thanos showdown might not come until TA4. Granted, some of the existing actor contracts will run out before then, so there'd probably have to be some renegotiation (or *shudder* recasting), but that's not insurmountable. But then I have no idea what TA3 would be. Or, it could just indicate that they've got their next big thing after Thanos already lined up.

cph9fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:20 AM   #134
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Well, everyone's theorizing so here goes. I think to give each of the six "stones" generic "unlimited power" is a little less interesting than giving each stone unique properties within the "unlimited power" trope. To this end, I think they'll retain the Space/Reality/Mind/Time/Power/Soul nomenclature... or possibly invent six new functions. For example, something like Light/Dark/Creation/Destruction/Possession/Consumption. Or any six other ominous sounding words. But I'm getting a little too out there. Assuming we stick closer to the comics' "gems"...

1. Space: I believe the Tesseract is the Space Stone. What if the Zola-weaponized Tesseract weapons didn't vaporize it's targets but rather sent them off to god-knows-where? This also ties into Red Skull's own teleportation to god-knows-where in CA:TFA's climax. Not to mention the various portals opened by the Tesseract.

2. Reality: The Aether. Considering the color scheme, I first thought this could be the power gem, but reality fits a little better since it had more of a universal altering effect than a universe pounding effect.

3. Mind: No, the Mind Stone, is not Loki's staff, but I think they might be connected. I think Fury (or possibly someone else) said something about the staff being powered by the Tesseract because it emitted a similar energy signature. Well, the Tesseract would be Fury's only point of reference. I doubt he knew that the Tesseract's 5 siblings are out there, and that one of those might be powering Loki's staff rather than the Tesseract. So, Thanos wouldn't have handed Loki an Infinity Stone, but giving him an Infinity-Stone-lite to further his means... i.e. positioning the Space Stone into Asgard? Why not?

4. Time: I'm guessing this becomes the driving force behind GOTG. Especially if Quill desperately wants to head back to the 80's and wants all of this space-cowboy BS to be one big bad dream.

5. Soul: I'm guessing the Soul Stone is literally part of Warlock. And is growing on his forehead as he regenerates within his cocoon in The Collector's menagerie. The Collector obviously doesn't know of this... else he would've said "2 down, 4 to go."

6. Power: Drawing a bit of a blank on this... but could this relate to Ultron?

Last edited by fixxxer; 11-25-2013 at 05:23 AM.
fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:03 PM   #135
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I totally agree with the terrigan crystal speculation! Could be the Mind stone.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:41 PM   #136
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by cph9fa View Post
If we see Inhumans, what are the chances that the "Terrigen Crystal" (as a singular item, instead of many) is an Infinity Stone? I'm thinking probably not, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

And another thought: with the MCU schedule tentatively extending all the way out to 2021, and plenty of film choices to easily fill phases 3 and 4. I'm beginning to wonder whether the big Thanos showdown might not come until TA4. Granted, some of the existing actor contracts will run out before then, so there'd probably have to be some renegotiation (or *shudder* recasting), but that's not insurmountable. But then I have no idea what TA3 would be. Or, it could just indicate that they've got their next big thing after Thanos already lined up.
I think we'll see Thanos in A3, and a Kang Time Travel plot to deal with recasting in A4.

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:23 PM   #137
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
I think we'll see Thanos in A3, and a Kang Time Travel plot to deal with recasting in A4.
it is a possibilty but I doubt that. recasts work best when no one makes a big point of it, if it is just 'new actor, deal with it'
as soon as you acknowledge inuniverse that something has changed, recasts somehow seldom work (the doctor of course being the huge exception)

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:34 PM   #138
Shoppy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
Do Marvel have the movie rights to Kang?

I know his first appearance as Kang was in Avengers but his backstory has strong FF connections, he's a descendant of Reed Richards.

Maybe they could just do like with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver and not reference his familial connections with characters currently outside the MCU but I think removing his Richards ancestry takes something away from the character of Kang.

Just another reason why I'd like to see the Fantastic Four rights back with Marvel ...
It's not just becasue Fox's FF movies aren't that great, The Fantastic Four aren't my favourite Marvel characters by a long shot anyway.
What I think they could bring to the MCU is the stories and character inclusion they facilitate by association ... Kang, Skrulls, Galactus, The Silver Surfer etc

Last edited by Shoppy; 01-01-2014 at 07:43 PM.
Shoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:01 AM   #139
JJmelo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoppy View Post

I know his first appearance as Kang was in Avengers but his backstory has strong FF connections, he's a descendant of Reed Richards.

Maybe they could just do like with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver and not reference his familial connections with characters currently outside the MCU but I think removing his Richards ancestry takes something away from the character of Kang.

Just another reason why I'd like to see the Fantastic Four rights back with Marvel ...
It's not just becasue Fox's FF movies aren't that great, The Fantastic Four aren't my favourite Marvel characters by a long shot anyway.
What I think they could bring to the MCU is the stories and character inclusion they facilitate by association ... Kang, Skrulls, Galactus, The Silver Surfer etc

I always thought of Kang as the go to villain after Thanos. It offers a great new fight to build up to and the opportunity to start fresh. I am pretty confident Kang falls under the Avengers rights but they wont be allowed to reference his relationship with Reed.

As for the stones, the Aether seems reality to me as people have mentioned. Power should be more blatant and destructive.

JJmelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:11 AM   #140
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I don't see any reason Marvel wouldn't have the rights to Kang. Rama Tut, sure, they might not be able to use ( emphasis on "might" ), but IIRC, they weren't the same person until much later on.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:42 AM   #141
Victarion
Cut

What do you see as the final fate for these stones in the MCU? Skimming through here, they seem to be dangerously powerful.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:59 AM   #142
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

My idea is that Captain America, or Adam Warlock, or whoever, tricks Thanos into giving up the Gauntlet, or takes it from him. In the comic he turns himself into an entity, leaving his physical body behind. However his mistake was that the Gauntlet was still on the body, allowing Nebula to take it. I don't think the film adaptation will follow that so closely, but rather a hero will take it instead. Then, they will grant their will: rectify Thanos' desolation across reality, and for the Gems to destroy themselves once the work has been completed.

That way all is well, and no one can ever go after them again.

Quote:
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 01-02-2014, 05:51 PM   #143
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoppy View Post

I imagine this is the way the Kang rights are split

Both:

Earth as a War torn World in the 40th century
Earth as a peaceful paradise in the 30th century
Time Machines
Time Travel

Disney:

Chronopolis
Growing Men
Immortus
Iron Lad
Kang The Conqueror
Limbo
Marcus
Ravonna
Scarlet Centurion
Space Phantoms
Time Keepers
Use of a power suit
Use of a Broad Sword

Fox

Family Lineage (Richards/ Doom)
Nathaniel Richards Name
Rama Tut
Ramades
Any Pharaoh/ Egyptian themes

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel

Last edited by KangConquers; 01-02-2014 at 05:57 PM.
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:46 AM   #144
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

I guess it is pretty easy to make a movie about Kang without any connection to the FF it is not a very important part of the character if you don't want it to be a very important part of it

ZWERG/ELF

Old 01-25-2014, 12:15 PM   #145
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Yo... I just figured out what the Reality Gem is!

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:27 PM   #146
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

That theory was discussed by me and some others on like the last page, lol. It makes a lot of sense and could be really interesting. I don't believe reality-bending powers can just be acquired through some modified Extremis. Superspeed? Probably.

Quote:
Old 01-25-2014, 04:56 PM   #147
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Oh, oops, lol. I think she'll have some extremis powers, but then it'll be like, "wait... that's not telekinesis..."

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:48 PM   #148
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
the spear itself was never taken to Asgard IIRC. IF the staff or the gem on the staff is one of the stones, it is SHIELD property right now...
I so hate it when I'm wrong

ZWERG/ELF

Old 04-07-2014, 07:34 PM   #149
JJmelo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
I so hate it when I'm wrong
HAIL HYDRA! You technically weren't wrong tho :P

JJmelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:59 PM   #150
ss3walkman
Wolverine as a Horsemen!

Scarlett Witch as the reality gem is an a awesome theory! If it does become that Marvel will be so freakin great!

ss3walkman is offline   Reply With Quote