The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 09:27 PM   #76
roach
I am the night

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra Cain View Post
I'm guessing it will just be a cameo, a scene at the end of the movie, or (heaven help us) an after credits scene leading to the Justice League. I do agree that adding WW to this sequel would be a little too plot-heavy. However, it would be the first time we'd see a legitimate amount of DC heroes/characters on the big screen...EVER! Come on, you'd have to be just a little excited over this.
I'll see it first before I condemn it.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #77
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
The movie would've been better if we had less jokey moments and more Sif-Thor, Sif-Jane interaction and the beginning battle sequence being longer. I guess she felt Marvel wasn't giving her enough.

No arguments here!
And there's nothing stopping Alexander from being cast in this film. Poni_Boy (don't know if he frequents this page) says that Jaimie's contract allows her to do other movies. I doubt they'll have Thor 3 shooting by next year, either.

And Jaimie's a decent actress. She had a good supporting role in one episode of "Perception", one that didn't have her swinging a sword and doing her best Xena impression. And she could command a bigger paycheck for this movie, theoretically, than what Marvel's lowballing her.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 11-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #78
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Wow. I'm not very familiar with her work, except for Thor, but just from that she doesn't seem like a mediocre actress or a little on the amateurish side like say Gina Carano. But she 100% looks the part! And we know she can certainly handle the action. Seriously, if she's cast as merely a love interest for Bruce Wayne or hell, even Supergirl, they've definitely done themselves some serious miscasting. I mean...just look at her!
She seems too poised and regal to be Supergirl/Kara Zor-El, she's born to be Wonder Woman

Please check out my Power Rangers Movie Fan Trailers!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #79
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
Metropolis was not evacuated in MoS, there's no evacuation order shown in the movie, that's just something fans made up without basis to feel better about the movie.

Zach Snyder, the director of the movie, confirmed that he wanted to show a movie where a huge number of people died in Metropolis:

http://whatculture.com/film/zack-sny...ive-finale.php

A huge number of people ("mass deaths") died in Metropolis, that's the movie that was shown, and that's the movie that the director intended to show.
That doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of deaths were caused by the WE, so the whole "Superman destroying Metropolis" speel that some people have been spewing simply isn't accurate. Also, we see the DP building being evacuated, so at least some buildings WERE evacuated.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #80
Loki882
Side-Kick

Jaimie Alexander would be a fantastic Wonder Woman. I love her as Lady Sif, but she's been very underused in TWO movies now. I could also see her making a great Zatanna.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:40 PM   #81
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Zatanna's casting is up to Guillermo Del Toro, since he is working on a Justice League Dark movie.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:41 PM   #82
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
And there's nothing stopping Alexander from being cast in this film. Poni_Boy (don't know if he frequents this page) says that Jaimie's contract allows her to do other movies. I doubt they'll have Thor 3 shooting by next year, either.
Well it was said that she wouldn't jump over to DC due to commitments to Marvel. Judging by the fact that she feels that she's clearly not getting enough with Marvel, she's probably thinking differently now. Also, I believe that she's said how she was dismayed about DC's handling of the Wonder Woman property yes? Since it's starting to look like DC's really getting it together now, they probably have a clear plan for Wonder Woman and now she's interested.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by smallville fan; 11-01-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:44 PM   #83
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Zatanna's casting is up to Guillermo Del Toro, since he is working on a Justice League Dark movie.
I'm aware of that. I was just saying that she'd make a good Zatanna imo, not that she'd necessarily get the part.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #84
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Well it was said that she wouldn't jump over to DC due to commitments to Marvel. Judging by the fact that she's clearly not getting enough with Marvel, she's probably thinking differently.
no one other than RDJ is getting big bucks from Marvel. This role would be a big boost to her career. She will be in a big movie that will lead into a bigger movieÖwith a bigger role and bigger paycheck.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #85
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
Oh my ****ing god, put spoilers in spoiler tags for Christ's sake. I shouldn't have to worry about getting spoiled for things that happen in a Thor movie reading a thread about Superman. Thanks a lot for that.

Don't worry. You're not missing much.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #86
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
That doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of deaths were caused by the WE, so the whole "Superman destroying Metropolis" speel that some people have been spewing simply isn't accurate. Also, we see the DP building being evacuated, so at least some buildings WERE evacuated.

Yep. Plus I think Alexander would be better as Zatanna than WW. I would rather see Gemma or Lawrence as WW.

Interesting because if Jaime made that comment, than that probably means she is out of the running for the role in BvsS and or as WW in a solo film. If she was this close to being cast or has been cast, she wouldn't be allowed to say a word I would think.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:25 PM   #87
Wheels
HR Supporter

I'm a big fan of Jennifer Lawrence but I'm tired of hearing her name for Wonder Woman. She's becoming the default answer for female action hero casting.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 11-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #88
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

Alexander has the WW look like Brendon at BC was led to believe from talking to casting agencies:

Quote:
And I can tell you that the discussion in some agencies who have been submitting actors for this role is that they’re sending up candidates for the role of Wonder Woman. They don’t know that it’s her, it’s just become their expectation, or at least a rumour that’s coloured their conception.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/09/...tman-superman/

Personally I like someone such as Amanda Seyfried or a similar look more for Zatanna. And by Zatanna I mean classic Zatanna's look, not so much what they've done to her look since then. Didn't really like Serinda Swan's look for that part either. But I digress.

I don't know anything about Alexander's acting at all but her look could work for some other known characters or a new character. But certainly WW comes to mind.

Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 11-02-2013 at 02:45 AM.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:28 PM   #89
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Metropolis was not evacuated in MoS, there's no evacuation order shown in the movie, that's just something fans made up without basis to feel better about the movie.

Zach Snyder, the director of the movie, confirmed that he wanted to show a movie where a huge number of people died in Metropolis:

http://whatculture.com/film/zack-sny...ive-finale.php

A huge number of people ("mass deaths") died in Metropolis, that's the movie that was shown, and that's the movie that the director intended to show.
It actually have base (cause snyder said they did a scene where people were stuck in bridges to evacuate metropolis, but it wasn't in the final cut and they only used the DP and following evacuation) also Perry and the DP give us an example that people didn't want to keep on the building that's a survival instinct.. I'm not saying all.. but your argument doesn't say that almost all the casualties from metropolis was because of the WE attack.. simple

Old 11-01-2013, 10:37 PM   #90
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Nah. I've never been the biggest WW fan.

Have you seen the WW DTV they put out a few years back? If not, then that's your assignment. Then come back and tell us if you think all the elements WW brings to the table with her would not make one hell of an action packed movie.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:39 PM   #91
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
man................

BEAUTIFUL She looks the part.. not only for wondy... maybe for Bruce Wayne love interest or Supegirl if she's introduced

Last edited by John-An; 11-01-2013 at 11:55 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:42 PM   #92
CharlieS
Side-Kick

For real people need to watch the Wonder Woman DVD.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:45 PM   #93
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieS View Post
For real people need to watch the Wonder Woman DVD.
Agreed, excellent piece of work.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:47 PM   #94
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
She looks the part.. not only for wondy... maybe for Bruce Wayne love interest or Supegirl if she's introduced
I don't really think that she fits Supergirl. I'd prefer to see someone a bit younger for that role, an actually teenager.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #95
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
I'm guessing it will just be a cameo, a scene at the end of the movie, or (heaven help us) an after credits scene leading to the Justice League. I do agree that adding WW to this sequel would be a little too plot-heavy. However, it would be the first time we'd see a legitimate amount of DC heroes/characters on the big screen...EVER! Come on, you'd have to be just a little excited over this.
For WW maybe for a cameo and a solo movie from herself but can also be the Bruce Wayne love interest maybe Talia Al Gul?

Old 11-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #96
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Also, I believe that she's said how she was dismayed about DC's handling of the Wonder Woman property yes? Since it's starting to look like DC's really getting it together now, they probably have a clear plan for Wonder Woman and now she's interested.
I think she's clearly one of the leading actresses for WW -- since she has an inkling of what the story is about and that she's been in discussions with WB/DC about it.

I don't want to get my expectations up, but Jaimie would be a wonderful WW. If it happens, wouldn't that be a third fanboy-casting decision come true? (The first two were Bale and Cavill.) I hope WB gets some news ready for this movie, like after that 11/9 Q&A or before.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 11-01-2013, 11:04 PM   #97
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
I don't really think that she fits Supergirl. I'd prefer to see someone a bit younger for that role, an actually teenager.
Good point but in the prequel comic Supergirl was a smth different than we know so She could fit the role the only thing is the hair I haven't seen her blondy and don't know if she fits
Maybe for the love interest for BW or WW herself

Old 11-01-2013, 11:09 PM   #98
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Jaimie Alexander would be a fantastic Wonder Woman. I love her as Lady Sif, but she's been very underused in TWO movies now. I could also see her making a great Zatanna.
Good idea but I'd love her to be WW more .. I came across and maybe for Mercy Graves could be but I prefer her to be a superheroine

Old 11-01-2013, 11:15 PM   #99
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
Good idea but I'd love her to be WW more .. I came across and maybe for Mercy Graves could be but I prefer her to be a superheroine
She already played the part of secondary character for someone else, I'm sure she wouldn't jump ship to DC just to be overlooked again.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-01-2013, 11:15 PM   #100
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Have you seen the WW DTV they put out a few years back? If not, then that's your assignment. Then come back and tell us if you think all the elements WW brings to the table with her would not make one hell of an action packed movie.
I have never seen Wonder Woman TV series but I'm a fan of her from the comics or animated (JL)

Closed Thread