The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #101
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 5

Yep.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:21 PM   #102
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
I have never seen Wonder Woman TV series but I'm a fan of her from the comics or animated (JL)

There was an animated movie put out by DC/WB around 2009. It's very well done with a top notch voice cast (the English dub, anyway. I can't judge the other languages that it's translated into) and a pretty good story that I think would only need a little expansion in order to be feature film ready. But most of all the animation, especially the fight choreography is good. It lack the blood that would be seen in a live action film, but the violence is not shied away from.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:21 PM   #103
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
She already played the part of secondary character for someone else, I'm sure she wouldn't jump ship to DC just to be overlooked again.
If she has some role has to be important cause of his quotes and his interest in playing superheroine

Old 11-01-2013, 11:33 PM   #104
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
There was an animated movie put out by DC/WB around 2009. It's very well done with a top notch voice cast (the English dub, anyway. I can't judge the other languages that it's translated into) and a pretty good story that I think would only need a little expansion in order to be feature film ready. But most of all the animation, especially the fight choreography is good. It lack the blood that would be seen in a live action film, but the violence is not shied away from.
Thanks for the advice

Old 11-01-2013, 11:36 PM   #105
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
Thanks for the advice
You're welcome. If you get to see it, I guarantee you will be hooked from the moment it starts, with Hippolyta going one on one with Ares in a pretty sweet opening sequence.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:36 PM   #106
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Jaimie Alexander would make a fantastic wonder woman. If this is true, my excitement for this has gone way up!

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 11-01-2013, 11:37 PM   #107
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I think she would do fine as Diana... I just think S/B has an already full plate as it is.

Old 11-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #108
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
From @ModernMythMedia
[/URL]
I don't really buy it.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Heís much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Heís Everyman operating on a sciĖfi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 11-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #109
Marvin
Side-Kick

If it must be a anglo/american type I'd personally pick Blunt over lady sif in a new outfit tbh.

Though I would hope wb go outside the box with a Baccarin type. That of course would mean choosing the mediterranean(esque) approach over the linda carter stuff. Any chance of them pulling a nick fury an casting a Gina Torres type, mix up the big three colour scheme a bit..nah.

Old 11-01-2013, 11:56 PM   #110
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
If it must be a anglo/american type I'd personally pick Blunt over lady sif in a new outfit tbh.

Though I would hope wb go outside the box with a Baccarin type. That of course would mean choosing the mediterranean(esque) approach over the linda carter stuff. Any chance of them pulling a nick fury an casting a Gina Torres type, mix up the big three colour scheme a bit..nah.

Totally unimportant nitpick... Carter is a latina. Just saying. My dream would be a darker/olive skinned Mediterranean type. (sigh)

Old 11-01-2013, 11:57 PM   #111
Boom
I got nothin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post

Yep.
How does a woman like that exist and not be married to me? I demand to know who is responsible for this.

Old 11-01-2013, 11:58 PM   #112
Bluesummers
Side-Kick

Man....I'm starting to realize how premature it was to be on the lookout for news on this movie. lol

R.I.P., original Prologue....... :( I hardly knew thee.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:02 AM   #113
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesummers View Post
Man....I'm starting to realize how premature it was to be on the lookout for news on this movie. lol
actually it's not premature. This movie shoots in Feburary. That is four months from now. People would need to be cast if they need to get into shape.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-02-2013, 12:13 AM   #114
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Totally unimportant nitpick... Carter is a latina. Just saying. My dream would be a darker/olive skinned Mediterranean type. (sigh)
Carter is half (and doesn't look it). I agree it's not important though. Ancient Greeks likely looked a bit different from modern Greeks; and Diana isn't exactly human anyway.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:14 AM   #115
Loki882
Side-Kick

I'm still puzzled as to why people think that Emily Blunt would be so perfect for all these different superheroine roles. She's a really good actress no doubt, but when her name gets mentioned, I often ask "what about her makes you think she'd be good for that role?" I really don't see her as WW, another character sure, but not WW.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:26 AM   #116
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
Carter is half (and doesn't look it). I agree it's not important though. Ancient Greeks likely looked a bit different from modern Greeks; and Diana isn't exactly human anyway.

I am a Puerto Rican and I can tell you I am related to women that look like Carter.

In any case I wish there was a Morena Baccarin type out there with the star power and acting chops to pull off Diana... But there aren't any I can think (or approve) of. Se la vie.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:35 AM   #117
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
How does a woman like that exist and not be married to me? I demand to know who is responsible for this.
Because I'm in line before you.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:35 AM   #118
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
I am a Puerto Rican and I can tell you I am related to women that look like Carter.

In any case I wish there was a Morena Baccarin type out there with the star power and acting chops to pull off Diana... But there aren't any I can think (or approve) of. Se la vie.
That's because there are certain Puerto Ricans who have ancestry from different parts of the world (even Northern Europe). My point is that she doesn't look like a stereotypical "latina"; and, in her case, it's because she's half Irish. That's why Marvin mentioned her as well. He was referring to her look/type, not her actual heritage.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:36 AM   #119
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Because I'm in line before you.
you are behind me

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-02-2013, 12:38 AM   #120
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
you are behind me
True story, I'm actually one degree away from her.

Last edited by jmc; 11-02-2013 at 12:42 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:42 AM   #121
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
That's because there are certain Puerto Ricans who have ancestry from different parts of the world (even Northern Europe). My point is that she doesn't look like a stereotypical "latina"; and, in her case, it's because she's half Irish. That's why Marvin mentioned her as well. He was referring to her look/type, not her actual heritage.

Yeah... Except you have many PR's like Lana Parilla out there friend. People of Hispanic heritage run the gamut in looks. And back in the day many a star with said heritage would often use a Waspy name to cover it up, like Rita Hayworth. We come in all flavors, whether vanilla or chocolate or cafť. Often in the same family (like mine). What ever "stereotype" is in your mind is probably just a little off. Just saying.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:43 AM   #122
roach
I am the night

Quote:
True story, I'm actually one degree away from her.
We (Her and I) are in Los Angeles right now.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:48 AM   #123
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
She already played the part of secondary character for someone else, I'm sure she wouldn't jump ship to DC just to be overlooked again.
yep, agreed.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:48 AM   #124
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
We (Her and I) are in Los Angeles right now.
Name dropper.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:52 AM   #125
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Yeah... Except you have many PR's like Lana Parilla out there friend. People of Hispanic heritage run the gamut in looks. And back in the day many a star with said heritage would often use a Waspy name to cover it up, like Rita Hayworth. We come in all flavors, whether vanilla or chocolate or cafť. Often in the same family (like mine). What ever "stereotype" is in your mind is probably just a little off. Just saying.
Stereotypes are always a little off (sometimes way off); that's why they're stereotypes. Nevertheless, they exist. The bottom line is that Marvin was referring to Carter's look (not her actual heritage) as opposed to someone physically darker like Baccarin. So, I'm not sure why you felt a need to point out that Carter is half Mexican.

And, yes, I know "people of Hispanic heritage run the gamut in looks". Like I said though, it's because they owe their roots to diverse origins.

Closed Thread