The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

View Poll Results: Thor (from TDW) vs Superman (from MOS) who wins in a fight ?
Thor hammers Supes into oblivion 2 4.17%
Thor wins, but barely 5 10.42%
It's a draw, they fight to a standstill 3 6.25%
Superman wins, but barely 7 14.58%
Superman demolishes Thor 31 64.58%
Whoever's movie makes more money wins 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2014, 11:35 AM   #51
herakles
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor (from TDW) vs Superman (from MOS) who wins in a fight, and why ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
And Superman moved an actual world, multiple worlds at that.
I believe Thor did similar things in the 70s

herakles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:31 PM   #52
Silver Surfer
Power Cosmic

Default Re: Thor (from TDW) vs Superman (from MOS) who wins in a fight, and why ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herakles View Post
I believe Thor did similar things in the 70s
Nothing even close to this:

Silver Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:11 PM   #53
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
Nothing even close to this:

Anyway, you can see Superman, after the above comic panel, coming
back to Earth, "So what'd you do today Batman ? Solved some crimes ?

"Me, oh nothing much, just saved a few trillion lives, moved some planets into stable orbits around young stars. Same old, same old..."

While that's true, but again, this is about the movie versions. And while we see that Superman is nowhere near as strong as the above version, he does perform some feats of strength, whereas Thor (on screen) hasn't really.
(and before anyone says he couldn't lift the oil rig tower, the tower collapsed under its own weight, the metal gave out, not Superman).

Anyway, back in the 70's Superman pretty much could do anything, which is why my favorite Superman, is Byrne's from the 80's. He was a lot less powerful and a lot more human - hell, he nearly gets killed in the first issue.

The comics are always tricky, as it depends on the writers. I've read comics where Superman gets beat up by Venom, and then others where he smacks Darkseid around like a little girl.

Thor's the same, sometimes he's all powerful....and sometimes not, three words people, Beta Ray Bill ! I remember this one time that Hulk smashes
Thor's face in, with his own hammer.....

Not a great moment, if you're a Thor fan....... the guy who wrote that issue, must have ****ing hated Thor. I kind of feel sorry for big blondie there.

And since we've already gone down that track.....[IMG]http://www.**************.com/images/users/gallerypictures/16280L.jpg[/IMG]

but that was a long time ago. Although I think Superman took out Thor last time they met too.

But again, it all depends on the writer ! If it's Frank Miller, Batman would take out Thor, Hulk and Superman.

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:15 PM   #54
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

I like to think that it would end with something like this....

(this is the same JLA/Avengers comic where Supes knocks out Thor) but everyone's a winner at the end.

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:37 PM   #55
BLobo
Banned User

I think Superman is just on another level of strenght and speed. It´s not comparable. Even Hulk doesn´t seem to be on his level.

BLobo is offline   Reply With Quote