The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 11-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
warriorking
Side-Kick

Default Audience Reaction and Attendance to TTDW

Lets start a thread on the audience reaction and numbers to TTDW at your Theatre..(cheering, clapping, laughs..)

Last edited by warriorking; 11-02-2013 at 01:54 PM.
warriorking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
Oscorp
Koloss

Default Re: Audience Reaction to TTDW

I definitely noticed how big Thor has become to the general audience. I live in a small town where the theatre always is 90% empty seats (I wonder how it even survives financially). This was the first in a very long time it was almost full.

The reactions were very positive too. People laughed pretty much all the time. I don't think I've ever heard so many loud laughs in a CBM. People here almost never cheer or clap, they usually don't do such things for some reason with only a few exceptions (TASM actually had some). I heard no cheer or clapping this time, but that wasn't expected due to what I just said.

Most people seemed very positive and satisfied. I only once heard someone say "Gaah she's so annoying!!" when Darcy goofed around, but that was it.

Many people also stayed for the mid-credits scene.

Last edited by Oscorp; 11-02-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #3
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

The theater was nearly sold out. People in every age went watching it, from age 10 - 70. I was surprised about that. Usually many people here think CBMs are for teens, young men and nerds. But the audience is now very mixed. Good to see.

The people seemed to like it a lot. They laughed at every joke. The cameo of Captain America got big cheering. It was a good and positive vibe there.

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase 2

IRON MAN 3 / THOR – THE DARK WORLD / CAPTAIN AMERICA – THE WINTER SOLDIER / GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY/ AVENGERS – AGE OF ULTRON
Lady Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
Oscorp
Koloss

Ah, that cameo actually got a cheering in my theatre as well now that I think about it!

Old 11-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #5
Figs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion View Post
The theater was nearly sold out. People in every age went watching it, from age 10 - 70. I was surprised about that. Usually many people here think CBMs are for teens, young men and nerds. But the audience is now very mixed. Good to see.

The people seemed to like it a lot. They laughed at every joke. The cameo of Captain America got big cheering. It was a good and positive vibe there.
About this cameo.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Was it just a back shot where you can tell it's him because of his costume or did Chris Evans actually film a really fast appearance?

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #6
Oscorp
Koloss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
About this cameo.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Was it just a back shot where you can tell it's him because of his costume or did Chris Evans actually film a really fast appearance?
He actually appeared

Old 11-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #7
Figs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
He actually appeared
Hahaha! Fantastic!

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:51 PM   #8
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Hahaha! Fantastic!

Yes, it's very funny and you don't expect it at this moment. I have to watch it again to hear the dialogue, it was much to loud to hear a word .

IRON MAN 3 / THOR – THE DARK WORLD / CAPTAIN AMERICA – THE WINTER SOLDIER / GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY/ AVENGERS – AGE OF ULTRON
Old 11-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #9
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion View Post
Yes, it's very funny and you don't expect it at this moment. I have to watch it again to hear the dialogue, it was much to loud to hear a word .
The dialogue doesn't disappoint either.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #10
Silvermoth
Avenger

During the after credits sequence a couple of fan girls clapped happily. That's ok, these films are meant to be enjoyed by everyone and I'm glad they were so into it

Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #11
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
The dialogue doesn't disappoint either.

Ah, good. I'll watch it again next saturday. Hope, I'll catch it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
During the after credits sequence a couple of fan girls clapped happily. That's ok, these films are meant to be enjoyed by everyone and I'm glad they were so into it
Half of the audience stayed until the end. They were more 'Awww'.

For the fangirls: barely reactions about Loki, but happy giggling about Thor, lol.

Old 11-02-2013, 04:46 PM   #12
Bulk

I have to admit I gave a wee outwards chuckle near the end of the final fight, when all the good guys bump into each other and exclaim their names, with Darcy shouting "Meu-meu!!" as Mjölnir unexpectedly flies past!

Most of the audience seemed to openly enjoy the comedy moments, and this is in Northern Ireland where we are quite reserved at the cinema! :-)

Bulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #13
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Cinema was pretty much full except for a few seats dotted around. Plenty of laughs throughout the movie, the biggest being during dat cameo and there was some cheering too. It's a rarity for audiences to be so involved in the experience here in the UK, usually people are silent but for the Marvel films (Hulk smashing Loki etc) they don't stop cheering and clapping. It's great.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #14
balanda
Side-Kick

Cinema was about a third to half full here, people usually don't make much noise, here there was laughing at most of the jokes, and some women made appreciative noises at the you-know-what slow-pan. No specific calling out at the screen or overt evidence of geekery. My city is small and full of rugged non-nerdy types. Most left when credits rolled, then only a small minority up the front like me stuck around after the mid-credit scene, with audible arguments about whether it was worth waiting

balanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #15
T"Challa
Side-Kick

My theatre was pretty full. Lots of laughs at the jokes. It was very similar to my Avengers midnight screening. The cameo got a great reaction as well.

Overall, a very fun time at the cinema.

1. The Avengers 2. The Dark Knight 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier . 4.Spiderman 2 5. X2: X Men United. 6. Iron Man 7. Batman Begins. 8. X-Men: First Class[/B] 9. Captain America: The First Avenger 10. Superman: The Movie
T"Challa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #16
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

I haven't see the movie yet, as it hasn't come out in the states yet, but that cameo sounds awesome. But it makes me wonder why shield didn't have a cameo given the events in Iron Man 3.

ShadowBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #17
balanda
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxer View Post
I haven't see the movie yet, as it hasn't come out in the states yet, but that cameo sounds awesome. But it makes me wonder why shield didn't have a cameo given the events in Iron Man 3.
SHIELD got mentioned by Jane in an argument with ?Darcy?, about why they shouldn't be told about the weird doings at the warehouse.

balanda is offline   Reply With Quote