The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #76
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 7

Buuuuut you yourself just mentioned him...

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 11-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #77
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 7

Starting nnnnnnow.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 11-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #78
Xeno-noesis
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
I propose we ban anyone who mentions Riddick in this thread. There should be limits to the mindless crap that people can post. Who's with me?
Really? For a post in a speculation thread? Seems kind of drastic and unbalanced.

Will he be the voice of Groot or Thanos, no one knows, thus the discussion that includes opinions, ideas, and outliers. I'm no stranger to comics or the MCU...I'm just looking for creative ways to explain the delay of announcing his role and his "merging of brands" quote.

This is easily my most anticipated film in the MCU and all of 2014, followed only by Mad Max: Fury Road and CA:TWS.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #79
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Starting nnnnnnow.

- Ryōkan

Old 11-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #80
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Any superhero movie with humour these days is considered bad and ruins the movie. It's heresy I tell ya!

Old 11-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #81
TeeKay
Side-Kick

BTW, when do you guys think we'll get our first trailer?

Old 11-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #82
Mr. Dent
Banned User

During the Superb Owl

Old 11-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #83
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Superb Owl sounds like a good superhero gimmick. You should make a suit, Dent.

- Ryōkan

Old 11-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #84
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post

Old 11-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #85
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
BTW, when do you guys think we'll get our first trailer?
Yeah, what Dent said. I can see that happening.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:14 PM   #86
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Guys it's obvious. Batista is in this, he's a wrestler he knows the rock. Rock was in fast and furious, so was Vin. OMG they're merging FF and GOTG. That's what's going on it's not Riddick xeno.

What a joke. That you'd even think it's a possibility for them to merge GOTG and Riddick is hysterical.

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #87
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

Look, I don't think Riddick is ever going to show in a Marvel movie myself, but I don't think it's at least outwith the realm of speculation. Vin Diesel has talked about being in talks with Marvel about "brand merging", and one of the most famous brands associated with Diesel is Riddick, which is space opera. And at the same time, Vin Diesel has long been reported to be involved in Guardians of the Galaxy, also space opera. As I said, I don't think it'll ever happen, but there's enough circumstancial evidence for people to at least discuss the possibility without being met with overt hostility and scorn over it.

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Old 11-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #88
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

No you're wrong. It's the iron giant vs groot.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #89
CoherentChaos
Side-Kick

I can't even imagine how strange it would be to see Riddick (or anything relating to that verse for that matter) show up in the MCU.

that being said it'd be super freaking interesting development. Even more than a Marvel/Sony partnership.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:31 PM   #90
Supermouse
Side-Kick

WELL before any of this speculation, I was discussing with my friends and we came to the conclusion that it would explain a lot about the F&F franchise if it took place in a comic book universe, because they frequently walk away from horrific wrecks and bullet wounds like they never happened.

I honestly would only be half surprised if it turned out that Shield comes after Dom and Crew in F&F7 because of their healing factors.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:58 AM   #91
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Trademarking it too

Old 11-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #92
Xeno-noesis
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
Look, I don't think Riddick is ever going to show in a Marvel movie myself, but I don't think it's at least outwith the realm of speculation. Vin Diesel has talked about being in talks with Marvel about "brand merging", and one of the most famous brands associated with Diesel is Riddick, which is space opera. And at the same time, Vin Diesel has long been reported to be involved in Guardians of the Galaxy, also space opera. As I said, I don't think it'll ever happen, but there's enough circumstancial evidence for people to at least discuss the possibility without being met with overt hostility and scorn over it.
Thank you. My intent was to generate interesting discussion. Even if it were constructive criticism, it would have been fine and expected for speculation such as this.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #93
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno-noesis View Post
Thank you. My intent was to generate interesting discussion. Even if it were constructive criticism, it would have been fine and expected for speculation such as this.
You'll find that people don't like speculation in their speculation threads around here. God forbid you should have an original thought or brainstorm an idea.....it's verboten.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 11-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #94
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermouse View Post
WELL before any of this speculation, I was discussing with my friends and we came to the conclusion that it would explain a lot about the F&F franchise if it took place in a comic book universe, because they frequently walk away from horrific wrecks and bullet wounds like they never happened.

I honestly would only be half surprised if it turned out that Shield comes after Dom and Crew in F&F7 because of their healing factors.
Hahahahaha if only that could happen... Maybe we could get Hobbs, Dom, Letty and Rome to join Agents of SHIELD....

FILMRAPS.BLOGSPOT.COM
Old 11-07-2013, 11:51 PM   #95
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Dat Thor mid-credit scene.....YES. YES. YES. **** YES. That's exactly what I ****ing wanted. Gunn is based and GOTG is going to be biblical. It looks like some **** straight up out of 70's space opera pulp fiction. This movie going rustle my ****ing jimmies.

And Collector's line of "1 down, 5 to go" is very interesting. He could be competing to collect them before Thanos...but it's interesting they have the same goal.

Naw, really though, I figured Collector would be working to out collect Thanos.

Last edited by Spider-Fan; 11-08-2013 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Spoiler tags yo
Old 11-08-2013, 12:08 AM   #96
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Guys, remember to tag things. Not everyone has seen this yet! Please tag your spoilers.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:11 AM   #97
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Oh my bad

Old 11-08-2013, 03:41 AM   #98
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Last edited by HunBoy; 11-08-2013 at 06:59 AM.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #99
samsnee
Side-Kick

Anyone can change that description on IMDB. Until the studio releases an official synopsis, we don't know for sure.

Old 11-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #100
crounsa810
Side-Kick

OH! HEY! A thought!!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
That living weird shaped thing in the Collector's collection in the mid credits scene, does that not bear a slight resemblance to this? Thanos, maybe? Or perhaps they will hide Warlock in there?

Closed Thread