The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #26
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 6

Sometimes I feel some fans are like Batman here...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Heís much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Heís Everyman operating on a sciĖfi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 11-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #27
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Sometimes I feel some fans are like Batman here...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
lol

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #28
B:TAS
Side-Kick

Quote:
Less bulky Arkham suit, I think...

http://adam-brown.deviantart.com/art...Croc-404530183

Make the cape and cowl more black, and get rid of the weird blue eyes and that suit is perfect!

Old 11-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #29
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I still feel that the Tron: Legacy suits would be a great way to go in terms of allowing the actor and stunt doubles to move and give the appearance of providing some form of protection.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Heís much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Heís Everyman operating on a sciĖfi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 11-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #30
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
to be honest we really haven't seen a fabric bat suit
Obviously the purpose of the suit is to scare criminals, but you'd have me believe that Bruce, a character known to plan out every contingency possible, would ho out fighting crime with no backup in case they randomly hit him? He's good, but he's not invulnerable. This is hugely important especially in context of this film where he'll likely be very wary of a godlike character in supes.

I feel like you're picking just the parts of what I post just to argue since what I've said repeatedly is we don't need to see armor in the same way we have in the past, but it would be foolish to discard the idea of him using armor at all. In fact, from a storytelling point of view its his humanity and need for protection to survive such a task of fighting crime day in, day out and yet he perseveres no matter what - this is something superman will very much respect and likely be part of their mutual respect that's been built by the end of the film.

Anyways, that's where I stand, and like I've also said repeatedly, I think we'll both be happy with what we get as I think we'll see the most streamlined costume in a live action batman we've seen yet, but in a believably sturdy way. At least, here's hoping.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #31
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
this is the thinking that is questionable IMO. No other superhero has to deal with real world consequences…Cap fought in a war and didn't feel the need to be armored up. Hawkeye is an agent of shield…is he not in danger of being shot or stabbed…same for Black Widow.
Cap's not a great example to use, aside form the fact he carries around a freaking shield which we've seen him use to deflect bullets and other things he's a super-soldier and was shown lifting a motorcycle with 3 women on it over his head.

Batman is simply the pinnacle of what a normal man can become. Also like i've repeated batman wearing some sort of protective material has been a part of his character from the beginning this isn't some movie idea.

As for Hawkeye and Widow it was a little ironic how they were the only non powered avengers but they seemed to wear the least protection out of any of the others. The two of them weren't depicted as brawlers the same way batman is though, when things got serious Hawkeye brought out his bow and black widow turned to handguns, things batman wouldn't use.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #32
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

I just hope it's either grey and black or grey and like a navy blue.

Getting tired of this all black.

Most hope it looks like Arkham Origins but my problem is that that suit looks too similar to the Dark Knight/Dark Knight Rises suit with the puzzle piece type suit.

I am loving the idea of Noel being the suit.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #33
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
Cap's not a great example to use, aside form the fact he carries around a freaking shield which we've seen him use to deflect bullets and other things he's a super-soldier and was shown lifting a motorcycle with 3 women on it over his head.

a bullet to Cap will do the same bit of damage to Batman.

Batman is simply the pinnacle of what a normal man can become. Also like i've repeated batman wearing some sort of protective material has been a part of his character from the beginning this isn't some movie idea.

As for Hawkeye and Widow it was a little ironic how they were the only non powered avengers but they seemed to wear the least protection out of any of the others. The two of them weren't depicted as brawlers the same way batman is though, when things got serious Hawkeye brought out his bow and black widow turned to handguns, things batman wouldn't use.
While this is true of HawkeyeÖBlack Widow has been shown to be a brawler in IM2 and Avengers.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #34
TheBat812
Side-Kick

I understand that you don't think we as an audience need to see batman with armor. But why on earth would Bruce as a character NOT choose to use a form of armor? And why, as I've talked about, would you be against using it as a storytelling device to explore the themes that would be relevant to BvS? As somebody who's said they're a writer, I'm a little perplexed as to why you're so adamant that batman shouldn't use armor especially when it could be used to enhance the story, characters and themes. The only reason you've given is that he doesn't need it simply because he's batman which is a nonexistent argument.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #35
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Checking this thread every day is like the Groundhog Day movie.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #36
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
I understand that you don't think we as an audience need to see batman with armor. But why on earth would Bruce as a character NOT choose to use a form of armor? And why, as I've talked about, would you be against using it as a storytelling device to explore the themes that would be relevant to BvS? As somebody who's said they're a writer, I'm a little perplexed as to why you're so adamant that batman shouldn't use armor especially when it could be used to enhance the story, characters and themes. The only reason you've given is that he doesn't need it simply because he's batman which is a nonexistent argument.
How is it a non existent argument? Why would Batman wear armor when he doesn't need it? That would be like you having to wear protective armor in a fight against a bunch of five year olds.

Batman doesn't need protection against bullets because he can't be hit. Armor doesn't enhance the story in any way. All it does is tediously strip the magic away from the character bit by bit in a needless attempt to try and make him more "real".

Well guess what, Batman isn't real. He's fantasy. He's a symbol. He doesn't need to be real. And more importantly, he doesn't need armor.

And you know why? Because he's Batman.

Old 11-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #37
B:TAS
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla31 View Post
How is it a non existent argument? Why would Batman wear armor when he doesn't need it? That would be like you having to wear protective armor in a fight against a bunch of five year olds.

Batman doesn't need protection against bullets because he can't be hit. Armor doesn't enhance the story in any way. All it does is tediously strip the magic away from the character bit by bit in a needless attempt to try and make him more "real".

Well guess what, Batman isn't real. He's fantasy. He's a symbol. He doesn't need to be real. And more importantly, he doesn't need armor.

And you know why? Because he's Batman.
I think you have a point hear, Batman didn't need armor in the Justice League TV show, but I think a little bit of light armor wouldn't hurt him.

Old 11-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #38
Travesty
Dats right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
Checking this thread every day is like the Groundhog Day movie.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

*Dat Kane and his gifs!
Old 11-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #39
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
Why would someone who's main attributes are his fighting ability, stealth, acrobatic ability want to weight themselves down with armor?
The armor hasn't been used as a storytelling device and I don't really expect it to be in this movie. I am willing to bet this movie will address the human vs alien aspect without relying on showing the armor messed up. I think it would go more to showing how awesome Batman is if he is able to do what he does without having armor. IMO it shows how heroic Batman is if he is doing what he does in little to no protection. I just think the suits we have seen so far in live action go against the primary reason of the costume.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #40
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

It depends on what you mean by armor. If you mean that Batman needs lightweight fabric-like armor parts on certain places of the body, then I agree. If you're talking about the full bulky knight armor we've seen on the big screen already, then no.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #41
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
It depends on what you mean by armor. If you mean that Batman needs lightweight fabric-like armor parts on certain places of the body, then I agree. If you're talking about the full bulky knight armor we've seen on the big screen already, then no.
I would be happy with a suit as thin as the MOS Superman suit but said to be some sort of armor.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #42
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

^ That's what I'm talking about.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #43
regwec
Shakespearo

A major strike against armour being the explanation for much of Batman's invulnerability is that it is incredibly boring.

Either he can evade gunfire like a ghost, because an iron will derived from childhood tragedy has honed him into something almost mythical; or bullets bounce right off of him 'cause he's got real thick pads!

I don't know. I feel that a Batman who survives due to kit is probably attractive to those who still feel determined to believe the character is plausible. He isn't. That misconception is not a primary factor in his appeal.

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
Old 11-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #44
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
A major strike against armour being the explanation for much of Batman's invulnerability is that it is incredibly boring.

Either he can evade gunfire like a ghost, because an iron will derived from childhood tragedy has honed him into something almost mythical; or bullets bounce right off of him 'cause he's got real thick pads!

I don't know. I feel that a Batman who survives due to kit is probably attractive to those who still feel determined to believe the character is plausible. He isn't. That misconception is not a primary factor in his appeal.
I prefer the former. After all, most bigger action heroes have pretty much no armor.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #45
Boom
I got nothin'

You know, if Snyder can make blue-and-grey work, I would like to see blue-and-grey.

Old 11-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #46
StraightSix
Side-Kick

Quote:
I still feel that the Tron: Legacy suits would be a great way to go in terms of allowing the actor and stunt doubles to move and give the appearance of providing some form of protection.

Absolutely agree with this post

Old 11-03-2013, 06:01 PM   #47
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
You know, if Snyder can make blue-and-grey work, I would like to see blue-and-grey.
Same yo. Blue and grey, with white lenses and the oval.... ahhh yeah

Old 11-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #48
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

The only protection the Tron Legacy style suits offer is protection against accidental pregnancy. They are tight like condoms and they remind me of the suit Tony Stark wears inside of his armor.

I really disagree with the whole no armor/little armor thing. Something should be there, i doubt they are going with the "mythical figure" Batman and even if they do it doesn't justify the absenece of armor. Bullets, knives, bombs come on. Its rediculous NOT to have some kind of armor.

btw i found this on devianart

Some of them fell into Hell
Old 11-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #49
regwec
Shakespearo

What a piece of ****.

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
Old 11-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #50
Sex
Side-Kick

Ahah.

Closed Thread