The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #276
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
They're showing a ThorTDW clip at midnight on Adult Swim. Haven't read this forum in awhile so idk if everything been spoiled or not lol but figured I'd drop in and post that here. No clue if its going to be the same one that was on during AoS last night (which was incredible) or just extended trailer stuff. So glad I haven't spoiled this for myself I'm so excited! Haha
I hope someone is recording it! lol

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 11-07-2013, 10:13 AM   #277
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Netflix series? What about those of us that DON'T have Netflix and cable?
Download? lol

Old 11-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #278
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahvelBaby! View Post
Download? lol
IF it's free yeah or watch online on some site. I do NOT have a card of any kind and MANY sites including ITunes require a freakin CARD to start a account for even so called FREE stuff. It's not free if you're giving them info they really do not need

....to every King.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #279
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by vartha View Post
netflix series? What about those of us that don't have netflix and cable?
s...o....l

Old 11-07-2013, 10:22 AM   #280
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
s...o....l
exactly

....to every King.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #281
BoredGuy
Killing Time

its 8 bucks a month, and available on so many platforms at this point, just get it!

I'm cable-less at this point, Netflix and Hulu, plus the PSN for new release movies equals good enough for me

Old 11-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #282
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

It would be a bigger deal if it were a network series.
I wish them luck though.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #283
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
There is a world outside the US, you know?

And you do realize that one chain in one country that only shows 3D is not the standard regardless of the country in question? Hence my statement that it isnt the standard for only 3D to be shown at a theater and that it depends on the chain or in some cases the studio as to what version you will get.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Marvolo; 11-07-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #284
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
That bit cracked me up, misplaced or not. Eccleston's all "ohhh...OHHH...AHHHH!"
I didn't see but I sure can't wait for it to be the next "whatever" line during IM3's final battle, fans are going chew it up and spit it out.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 11-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #285
divan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Did any one of these aspects appeal to you more than others? Were you just super-eager to get to the heist or the love story? What was your passion?

Quote:
It’s funny, there were story threads that I really loved. One unfortunately has fallen out of the movie a little bit, the little kids wandering around and exploring and finding fantastical things happen. Right now I think in the movie you see kids spinning the cement truck at one point, and the other ones that show Natalie [Portman] what’s going on with this place when they’re dropping bottles in the stairwell and stuff. There was more of that. That thread always had a tremendous appeal for me. There was a lot of wonder that went along with that.
And there’s a story between the two brothers, beginning as enemies and thrown together by necessity, and then in each other’s arms by the end of the second act. That storyline meant a lot to me. But overall I think what was exciting and appealing was the idea that you got to do this… Just as we got to do a lot of realms, we got to do a lot of movie tones, tones of filmmaking as you pointed out. I’m still waiting to see whether they gel, whether they come together as one experience, or fly apart into a million pieces.
I remember thinking, “Here’s a battle and there’s a guy with a sword and a guy with a laser gun… is that going to work? Now we have an elf and he’s on a spaceship… is that going to work?” [Laughs] So it’s one part science-fiction genre, it’s also medieval fantasy, it’s also contemporary comedy, and it’s a superhero movie on top of that. So can you do all those things and have them cohere into one experience or not? The funny thing about when I see movies these days that [are] just one of those, I think “What, you’re only doing one thing?” So there’s a pleasure in being able to bash these things against each other, to see if it can actually not fly apart.

I was talking to Christopher Eccleston about Malekith, and he said there some scenes that were dedicated to just his character that were left on the cutting room floor. Is there going to be a big director’s cut?

Wouldn’t that be great? [Laughs] Maybe if you start the lobbying right now you can build up enough demand that Marvel will have to respond. I think it’s always the case with these big movies that that happens, and it’s painful to me because I absolutely love, love, love, love a lot of the stuff that fell by the wayside. Some of it was Malekith. You saw a lot more into the relationship between him and Algrim. You saw a lot more of what was driving him personally. And as I mentioned already there was a lot more with the kids, you saw them explore these fantastical events that were going on.

Yeah, that’s excruciating. Whether it’s whole scenes that are dropped or whether it’s beats or lines or moments that fall away in the drive to make it faster, tighter, funnier, quicker, more efficient, so yeah, that’s the excruciating thing. I think if there was a director’s cut it would be that much different. Maybe someday. Maybe someday if I become such a huge success later on in life I can come back and do it.

It sounds like you’re getting there. You’re attached to Terminator. That’s got to be a big deal, right?

[Laughs] That is a big deal. I’m officially calling it a rumor still. That’s my official word on the subject. But yeah, exactly. Exactly.

Can you explain why Hogun was written out of the film so quickly? Was the actor just not available for the whole shoot?

No, isn’t that funny? That was something that we thought of and then, not sure if it was the right thing to do but I’ll tell you the intention behind it. In Thor 1 the Warriors Three – they are called “The Warrior Three” in the comics, but it’s almost The Warriors Four because Sif is kind of an honorary member – Thor’s always had the group as a sort of chorus, and I think part of trying to delve more into Asgard was trying to give these characters moments where they could shine on their own a bit more.

Again, it was quite reduced in the final film, but we saw Volstagg briefly in the pub. In the original we saw his family, we saw his kids, we saw where he comes from. It was all by way of a long, laborious build-up to the idea that we thought it would be cool to go to the home world of one of our characters.

So that became Hogun. So rather than having all of our Warriors Three present all the time, we thought we would give each of them a singular moment. So we saw Hogun fight, defend his world, and being sort of… It was not a scheduling thing, as it may feel like, as though we had to get him out of the movie. It was more we felt it was important to have Thor say something like “Stay here where your heart is, Asgard can wait. Asgard doesn’t need you. You need to be where your heart is.” Because that’s a theme in the film.

It seems like you were developing or at least allowing for a potential love triangle between Thor, Sif and Jane Foster. Am I reading to much into that?

No. I think always that’s there, in the comic mythology, and it gets really complicated in the Norse mythology. [Laughs] The trouble is there’s never quite enough time to serve all these things, but I try to gesture towards it a few times. I think Jaimie Alexander does wonderful job in the scene where you can tell she’s trying to advise Thor how to be a good king, but really she’s just speaking out of jealous. That’s outside the pub. That’s a nice moment. And there’s a tiny glance that I thought was really wonderful between her and Jane, where they’re sort of sizing each other up. The only finish to that is that she’s the one who stays behind to hold the guards back as Thor runs away with Jane. That’s the beat in that arc that’s very brief out of necessity in the scale of things.

I think Sif’s not going anywhere. There may be another chance to explore that.

[EDITOR’S NOTE: Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn has confirmed to CraveOnline that he did indeed shoot the teaser scene at the end of Thor: The Dark World.]
Personally I enjoyed the movie but this Interview truly makes me angry with Marvel. It's like Iron Man 2 all over again.

I mean, I understand pacing is important, but the movie 112 freaking minutes long, there's no excuse for leaving out the scenes with Malekith.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #286
BoredGuy
Killing Time

yeah, but hey, all of us who were upset at the runtime were just "chicken littles" and "concern trolls"

Old 11-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #287
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
its 8 bucks a month, and available on so many platforms at this point, just get it!
He doesn't have a debit or credit card and you have to have one for an account. You can't even use gift cards without one on file.

Although if you have a checking account a debit card is easy peasy and very handy, Vartha. I haven't written a check in ten years.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 11-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #288
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
yeah, but hey, all of us who were upset at the runtime were just "chicken littles" and "concern trolls"
Or "passive-agressive haters".

Old 11-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #289
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post
I still say it's wrong to complain about runtime before seeing the actual movie. There's a 50/50 chance your concerns could be valid, of course, but that doesn't mean you're right to assume the worst in the first place.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #290
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Since I was a part of that discussion with you guys I'm still dying to know one thing that I never quite understood when you guys would argue your point ......

In this movie you have the sympathetic figure in Loki who is also an antagonist. He has caused atrocities, yet the audience has developed a relationship with him because of the nature of his struggle (i.e. where he came from and being adopted).

Let's just say they give Malekith his scenes. They kept everything Taylor shot ..... all the warming stuff with his kids. We then see Bor slaughter them (a God from what's considered the the "protectors" of the 9 Realms). On it's face that kind of story sounds interesting no doubt, but doesn't that all of the sudden completely change the role of the Asgardians in the MCU? At the same time, doesn't that also make Malekith a sympathetic figure? He has a right for revenge.

So let's think about that for a second. You change the whole dynamic of the Asgardians and you have not one but TWO sympathetic villains. How does that work on screen exactly? I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool to get more of a backstory with Mal. I've gone on record saying I've wanted more out of villains, particularly Red Skull.

But in terms of this movie, I don't know how they properly execute that. It changes the dynamic. You're supposed to be sympathetic to your protaganists (The Asgardians) cause and they've managed to create that sympathy with Loki too ......... but adding yet another one in this film?

That is just my theory. I can't wait to watch the film tomorrow night to further assess.

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 11-07-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:02 PM   #291
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I still say it's wrong to complain about runtime before seeing the actual movie. There's a 50/50 chance your concerns could be valid, of course, but that doesn't mean you're right to assume the worst in the first place.
Well, I have watched the movie.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #292
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Well, I have watched the movie.
Then it's a perfect time to form an opinion! Before you see it, not so much.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #293
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

So excited, just found out I will get to catch a special screening in 3D tonight. Happy Days, will post a review when I get home

Old 11-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #294
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
or "stinky cheese people"

No wait, that was me.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #295
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Gonna see this tonight at 8. I'll come back with a review.

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #296
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Gonna see this tonight at 8. I'll come back with a review.
Come back with some Raisinets too.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #297
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Raisinets are a favorite of mine .
Spread the love .

Old 11-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #298
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Come back with some Raisinets too.
Hell nah brah, Buncha Crunch or bust

Quote:
Old 11-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #299
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Hell nah brah, Buncha Crunch or bust
An acceptable compromise.

(nomnomnom)

Old 11-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #300
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Quote:
Closed Thread