The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #376
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Yeah, I just wanted to put that out there before anybody posts anything.
people get excited and forget somtimes.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:02 AM   #377
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
The Loki death/non-death/death of Odin? thing has me totally confused, though. No idea how it affects or doesn't affect Thor 3.
I'd say that was the point. Not confusion, but to leave the audience wondering what's next.

http://myth-smith.com/
Old 11-08-2013, 12:20 AM   #378
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

Exactly. But, we will be waiting a while to see where Thor 3 goes likely, assuming the rumors that 2016 will be TIH2 and Dr. Strange. That would mean we probably are not getting Thor 3 until 2017 (and Cap 3 likely not until 2018 if they stand by the 1 sequel 1 new franchise trend Fiege said they're doing).

Old 11-08-2013, 12:25 AM   #379
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
Its probably more realistic to say if the shows are successful ,Then there will be a Defenders series.
No, the miniseries is part of the signed contract.
It's 60 episodes.
13 eps x 4 series -> 52
The remaining 8 is the Defenders miniseries.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:31 AM   #380
Krystal
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
No, the miniseries is part of the signed contract.
It's 60 episodes.
13 eps x 4 series -> 52
The remaining 8 is the Defenders miniseries.
That's great! Where did they break it down like that? Do the first 4 series run concurrent or one after the other?

They could run concurrent since they will likely feature mostly different casts.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:38 AM   #381
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

They mentioned # of eps and the miniseries back when the deal was originally announced. We don't know how they'll be released yet.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 11-08-2013, 12:47 AM   #382
Krystal
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
They mentioned # of eps and the miniseries back when the deal was originally announced. We don't know how they'll be released yet.
Thanks!

Old 11-08-2013, 01:21 AM   #383
SpocksBrain
Internet Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
MARVEL is going to make four tv shows to air only on Netflix like Wallking Dead.
Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Dare Devil, and Iron Fist THEN there will be a Defenders tv series
The Walking Dead is not an Netflix show... It's on AMC.

Old 11-08-2013, 01:54 AM   #384
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

If I have to wait longer than 2016 for Thor 3 I will be PISSED!

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 11-08-2013, 01:57 AM   #385
The Chris
TDK Trilogy Forever!

After coming out of seeing this tonight, I want Thor 3 now. MCU rules!!!!!!!

4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
5. Guardians of the Galaxy
Old 11-08-2013, 01:58 AM   #386
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Just saw it. Loved it.
Are you going to write a review Jaqua?

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 11-08-2013, 02:03 AM   #387
Mr. Dent
Banned User

What happened to Tyr being in this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Exactly. But, we will be waiting a while to see where Thor 3 goes likely, assuming the rumors that 2016 will be TIH2 and Dr. Strange. That would mean we probably are not getting Thor 3 until 2017 (and Cap 3 likely not until 2018 if they stand by the 1 sequel 1 new franchise trend Fiege said they're doing).
I doubt one of those movies is a Hulk sequel. What phase 3 is looking to shape up into is:

Ant-Man
Thor 3
Dr. Strange
Cap 3
Inhumans
Avengers 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
The Loki death/non-death/death of Odin? thing has me totally confused, though. No idea how it affects or doesn't affect Thor 3.
Well we can surmise that Loki will run Asgard into the ground and weaken it for Surtur/the fire demons to take over.

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 11-08-2013 at 02:07 AM.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:18 AM   #388
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

I think somebody mentioned that the actor thought to be Tyr was in it, but not mentioned by name.

Old 11-08-2013, 02:36 AM   #389
GriffinSTatum
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post

I doubt one of those movies is a Hulk sequel. What phase 3 is looking to shape up into is:

Ant-Man
Thor 3
Dr. Strange
Cap 3
Inhumans
Avengers 3

Well we can surmise that Loki will run Asgard into the ground and weaken it for Surtur/the fire demons to take over.
He was in it for a couple of seconds, not too long though. He wasn't mentioned by name either.

Old 11-08-2013, 02:48 AM   #390
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Quote:

Ant-Man
Thor 3
Dr. Strange
Cap 3
Inhumans
Avengers 3

I'm not that well versed in Thor knowledge, was the firey realm briefly shown during the climax where Surtur comes from?

H.E.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:01 AM   #391
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamMaster View Post
I'm not that well versed in Thor knowledge, was the firey realm briefly shown during the climax where Surtur comes from?
Yes it's called Muspelheim.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 11-08-2013, 03:02 AM   #392
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

I really loved this, few complaints a but overall awesome.

Avvy by Hunter Rider

H.E.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:15 AM   #393
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpocksBrain View Post
What's funny is that AMC owes a lot of it's success of The Walking Dead Netflix. I didn't start watch The Walking Dead until the middle of the third season. I crammed the 1st and 2nd season on Netflix. Then when i caught up I realized the 3rd season only had like a few more episodes left to air. So i bought the the first several episodes from amazons streaming video service and after i caught up I'm been addicted ever since. That's how most people even got into the series. They watch all the older season on netflix and then get hooked on the newer episodes on AMC.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-08-2013, 09:04 AM   #394
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
What's funny is that AMC owes a lot of it's success of The Walking Dead Netflix. I didn't start watch The Walking Dead until the middle of the third season. I crammed the 1st and 2nd season on Netflix. Then when i caught up I realized the 3rd season only had like a few more episodes left to air. So i bought the the first several episodes from amazons streaming video service and after i caught up I'm been addicted ever since. That's how most people even got into the series. They watch all the older season on netflix and then get hooked on the newer episodes on AMC.
Vince Gilligan attributed the survival and much of the later success of Breaking Bad to people binging on Netflix as well.

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/brea...ix-1200660762/

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 11-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #395
NickNitro
Extra Terrestrial

Saw the movie last night and I have to say, I loved it soo much more than the first Thor. Asgard felt soo much more real to me, not just a shiny gold and platinum kingdom but an actual place. Whoever was heading the art direction for this movie gets 2 thumbs up from me, it was so well done.

I have one question

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Can someone explain to me who The Collector is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
What's funny is that AMC owes a lot of it's success of The Walking Dead Netflix.
I'll have to disagree there. The Walking Dead has a huge colt following and has had one since season one before Netflix even started to stream them. Just because you found Walking Dead and got hooked on it because of Netflix doesn't mean so did everyone else. It may have bumped their ratings in the later seasons but I still feel word of mouth is a very strong contributor to Breaking Bads and Walking Deads success.

A lot of people read the comics which attributed to the large colt following since the beginning as well. I know a lot of my friends did.

Peasant 3: ..... I got better.

Last edited by NickNitro; 11-08-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:15 AM   #396
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickNitro View Post
Saw the movie last night and I have to say, I loved it soo much more than the first Thor. Asgard felt soo much more real to me, not just a shiny gold and platinum kingdom but an actual place. Whoever was heading the art direction for this movie gets 2 thumbs up from me, it was so well done.

I have one question

Can someone explain to me who The Collector is?
I had to Wikipedia it but
basically, The Collector is an immortal who has to have a will to live to stay immortal, thus he collects items and species from across the universe to keep in case of a major event that would destroy much of the universe so that it could be repopulated and survive. Inherently he's been9 good and9 bad, hanging around Galactus and such, which I guess he'll be in Guardians of the Galaxy, but I feel it was more placed as a Thanos nod possibly for Avengers 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickNitro View Post

I'll have to disagree there. The Walking Dead has a huge colt following and has had one since season one before Netflix even started to stream them. Just because you found Walking Dead and got hooked on it because of Netflix doesn't mean so did everyone else. It may have bumped their ratings in the later seasons but I still feel word of mouth is a very strong contributor to Breaking Bads and Walking Deads success.

A lot of people read the comics which attributed to the large colt following since the beginning as well. I know a lot of my friends did.
I know its not really the place for this discussion, but while I agree on TWD, I think BB does own some to Netflix, because I surprisingly heard very few talking about the show until at least Season 4, and the ratings I think really show, because even during Season 5, the first half had ratings in the 2-3 million viewer range, while the second half had ratings in the 5-6 million viewer range, with the finale drawing over 10 million viewers.

H.E.

Last edited by TheDreamMaster; 11-08-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #397
NickNitro
Extra Terrestrial

Thanks

Peasant 3: ..... I got better.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #398
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpocksBrain View Post
My kids watch it on Netflix lol but yeah those new shows will be Netflix aired

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 11-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #399
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

has anyone seen the new Critics spot yet. I saw it on tv lastnight and still can't find it

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 11-08-2013, 09:45 AM   #400
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Quote:

Ant-Man
Thor 3
Dr. Strange
Cap 3
Inhumans
Avengers 3
that looks pretty good to me
and hopefully if Guardians does well, they'll sneak in a Guardians 2 just before Avengers 3

Closed Thread