The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #626
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

For those thinking the Tesseract itself is an infinity gem...it's NOT.
http://www.cinelinx.com/movie-news/i...-gauntlet.html
the SPEAR gem was the Tesseract stone

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 11-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #627
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Really? Because in the mid-credits scene, Volstagg flat-out says that the Tesseract is on Asgard and that "keeping two Infinity Stones together is not wise."

Old 11-12-2013, 10:59 AM   #628
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Maybe they took the Destiny Spear too? Last we saw it is was on the Helicarrier, they all practically said it had the same properties of the Cube.
Besides, THANOS had the Spear which would make sense the gem in the spear was one of the Infinity gems

EDIT:Actually last we saw WIDOW had it, which leads me to believe it's with SHIELD, or was.

....to every King.

Last edited by Vartha; 11-12-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #629
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Wait, Vartha, I'm confused... reading that link it sounds like Feige is saying that the Tesseract IS an infinity gem/stone:

Quote:
Is the Tesseract (called the Cosmic Cube in the comics) one of the gems? Feige says, "Yes. It is an Infinity Gem. I don't know when we'll actually divulge that necessarily, but it's the space stone."

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 11-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #630
kaijunexus
Marvel Cinematic Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
At this point, it's only really news if FX DOESN'T aquire a Marvel movie...

Old 11-12-2013, 11:45 AM   #631
kaijunexus
Marvel Cinematic Universe

Quote:
Direct quote from Kevin Feige's interview with CraveOnline...

Quote:
Are you saying that the Tesseract is one of the Infinity Gems, and has been all along?

Yes.

Which one would it be? Would it be the Space Gem or the Power Gem, or is it not that codified in the cinematic universe?

It is. I donít know when weíll actually divulge that necessarily, but itís the space stone.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #632
kane9321
oakland's finest

loved the movie...but less Darcy is so much better....uhm no darcy would have been better actually...I groaned whenever she was on screen

Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
The X-Men films are like an abusive boyfriend.
They treat you well, (X-Men 1 and 2) and then they show their true colors (X3 and Wolverine: Origins), then they promise that they can change (X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine), now you see them with a prostitute. (X-Men: DOTFP)
Old 11-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #633
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

On my second watch i noticed that the CG on malekiths ship in london is very impressive. They did a fantastic job on that.

3. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Interstellar

Old 11-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #634
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Wait, Vartha, I'm confused... reading that link it sounds like Feige is saying that the Tesseract IS an infinity gem/stone:
Yes, Feige does say that. And as kaijunexus points out, he reiterates it in the CraveOnline article. Vartha just misread the quote.

The Tesseract is an Infinity Stone. From Feige's lips, and Volstagg's.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 11-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #635
mc7791
The boys have arrived

thanks for the info. will enjoy that tonight.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #636
kane9321
oakland's finest

I Just wanted more of (lady sif and the warriors three) and sooo much less of darcy,annoying annoying

Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
The X-Men films are like an abusive boyfriend.
They treat you well, (X-Men 1 and 2) and then they show their true colors (X3 and Wolverine: Origins), then they promise that they can change (X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine), now you see them with a prostitute. (X-Men: DOTFP)
Old 11-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #637
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

edit

~SHH SIX~
Old 11-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #638
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

You know, considering on how much damage Malekith and his Dark Elves were able to inflict on Asgard with just one of their armada ships, I can actually see the validation in the “Other’s” threats towards Loki on how he (Loki) wouldn’t be safe from them even on Asgard because Thanos has a legion of spaceships and soldiers at his beck and call. Quite frankly, if Thanos was serious in attacking Asgard, I think he’d inflict even heavier damages on the city and its people.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #639
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
You know, considering on how much damage Malekith and his Dark Elves were able to inflict on Asgard with just one of their armada ships, I can actually see the validation in the ďOtherísĒ threats towards Loki on how he (Loki) wouldnít be safe from them even on Asgard because Thanos has a legion of spaceships and soldiers at his beck and call. Quite frankly, if Thanos was serious in attacking Asgard, I think heíd inflict even heavier damages on the city and its people.
Being fair, we know nothing about what kind of resources Thanos can bring to bear, besides the Chitauri. I strongly suspect that the Dark Elves are a lot more powerful than the Chitauri, both in weaponry and vehicles. Its just that there's only the one mothership and its crew, whereas the Chitauri presumably have an entire civilization.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #640
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Being fair, we know nothing about what kind of resources Thanos can bring to bear, besides the Chitauri. I strongly suspect that the Dark Elves are a lot more powerful than the Chitauri, both in weaponry and vehicles. Its just that there's only the one mothership and its crew, whereas the Chitauri presumably have an entire civilization.
Perhaps, but we know by the film that Malekith and his one large ship is all that they had left after the rest of their kind were wiped out by Bor. And even with that huge disadvantage, he was able to deal a serious blow to Asgard and was viewed as a serious looming threat afterwards. If Malekith can do that much damage, itís not hard to imagine that Thanos could do the same, if not worse with the large resources that he has.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:44 PM   #641
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Is A Tesseract do not forget Loki even says to Fury "You have A Tesseract", meaning there is MORE than ONE.
Doesn't mean the one Thor took home is the one the Collector needs

Besides, HOW would that Cube fit onto the Glove?

....to every King.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #642
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
Direct quote from Kevin Feige's interview with CraveOnline...
and so was the Gem in the Spear Loki had. THEY were both the SAME type of gem. How do you think they Tracked Loki?

....to every King.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #643
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yes, Feige does say that. And as kaijunexus points out, he reiterates it in the CraveOnline article. Vartha just misread the quote.

The Tesseract is an Infinity Stone. From Feige's lips, and Volstagg's.
I didn't misread it. Think about the SHAPE. How would the Cube look on the Glove? Makes more sense the gem in the SPEAR goes on the glove. The CUBE just has more power.

....to every King.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #644
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

I don't know if these been asked or answered but...

How will Loki be Fauxdin without Thor knowing?

And, how will this be able to be "in the background" until Loki III: Loki's Revenge, after Avengers II?

RIP
Oliver Queen

Last edited by antsman41; 11-12-2013 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:16 PM   #645
Wolverine's Run
Side-Kick

Quote:
I didn't misread it. Think about the SHAPE. How would the Cube look on the Glove? Makes more sense the gem in the SPEAR goes on the glove. The CUBE just has more power.
With it looking like the gems were already in the gauntlet in Thor, maybe they just power up the turned off gems in the gauntlet? Maybe?

Old 11-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #646
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsman41 View Post

And, how will this be able to be "in the background" until Loki III: Loki's Revenge, after Avengers II?

They could just say that Thor spends most, if not all of his time, on Earth from now till Thor 3, which would take place after the upcoming Avengersí sequel. Itís not that different from an arc that they did in the first season for the Avengers: EMH series, where after having a fallout with Odin, Thor stayed on Earth and was not aware of what was going on in Asgard for awhile.

Unless Loki does something as Odin in a very uncharacteristic manner, I doubt anyone will be coming from Asgard to tell Thor about it any time soon.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #647
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsman41 View Post

Thor really doesn't have a Sixth sense like that. FRIGGA would have been able to see right through Odin/Loki's disguise.
Not sure what exactly you mean until I SEE the film on the 2nd part of the question

....to every King.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #648
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

so do the stones like power the gems or something? Cause They have to fit into the glove.

Also, I don't understand how the Asgardians have the Aether, didn't Malekith have the Aether when he got crushed?

Also, Malekith created the Aether?

The Aether is also a liquid. It's been stated in the movie that it's a liquid.

How can it be a "stone"?

Old 11-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #649
Wolverine's Run
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
They could just say that Thor spends most, if not all of his time, on Earth from now till Thor 3, which would take place after the upcoming Avengersí sequel. Itís not that different from an arc that they did in the first season for the Avengers: EMH series, where after having a fallout with Odin, Thor stayed on Earth and was not aware of what was going on in Asgard for awhile.

Unless Loki does something as Odin in a very uncharacteristic manner, I doubt anyone will be coming from Asgard to tell Thor about it any time soon.
It could almost be how Tony and Pepper were set up in the beginning of the first Avengers. Them living together in a different place than the hero's home.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #650
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine's Run View Post
With it looking like the gems were already in the gauntlet in Thor, maybe they just power up the turned off gems in the gauntlet? Maybe?
...like Green lantern's lantern powering up the Ring? I can see the need for the cube for THAT

....to every King.

Closed Thread