The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #751
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
I'll have to watch for it today. I'm seeing it at 12:50
Well I hope you really enjoy your screening Vartha, I know it has probably been torture hearing about everyone else enjoying it, especially since you are one of the bigger Thor fans. But your almost there buddy, almost there.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 11-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #752
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterax View Post
So what ever happened to Vigo Mortenson (spelling?) as doctor strange in this movie? Was that just a rumor, or was he really in talks to play the part at some point? Did the change of director change this?
I'm pretty sure that rumor came from El Mayimbe.

The answer, thusly, is "you should not believe El Mayimbe."

Old 11-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #753
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
I'm pretty sure that rumor came from El Mayimbe.

The answer, thusly, is "you should not believe El Mayimbe."
There is a reason that guy's nickname is El Maybe.

Old 11-15-2013, 01:37 PM   #754
sabetoonth
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Not only that....

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
....but the blue-greenish skinned dark-haired woman in one of the cages, the one with the funky mouthpiece, might be Mantis.
I agree with this, if it is supposed to be a Marvel character and not just some background figure type.

That was definitely an insectoid mouth though.

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 11-15-2013, 03:49 PM   #755
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
Well I hope you really enjoy your screening Vartha, I know it has probably been torture hearing about everyone else enjoying it, especially since you are one of the bigger Thor fans. But your almost there buddy, almost there.

Surfer
Thanks I LOVED it!!! I posted my review in the fan reviews. I give it a 9-10 only because I found it distracting trying to read the Dark Elf conversations while watching them act.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 11-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #756
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

BY the way still no Thor stuff other than the 10" figure and electronic Mjolnir at Target. I'm not paying 25 bucks for it.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 11-16-2013, 03:07 AM   #757
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Thanks I LOVED it!!! I posted my review in the fan reviews. I give it a 9-10 only because I found it distracting trying to read the Dark Elf conversations while watching them act.
Yeah, I gave it a 90 out of 100, so basically the same thing. Glad you enjoyed it.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 11-16-2013, 12:42 PM   #758
Marvel
Side-Kick

Hey I was just thinking... probably overthinking but...

Using that dark energy in Avengers to send Thor to earth clearly drained Odin. He still wasn't up to par in this film. It could be argued that it helped weaken Odin to the point where Loki was able to overpower him and take the throne. So, Thor being on earth led to Loki's downfall in Avengers but that in turn may have given him Asgard's throne after all!

Or maybe not...

Old 11-16-2013, 01:02 PM   #759
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
Hey I was just thinking... probably overthinking but...

Using that dark energy in Avengers to send Thor to earth clearly drained Odin. He still wasn't up to par in this film. It could be argued that it helped weaken Odin to the point where Loki was able to overpower him and take the throne. So, Thor being on earth led to Loki's downfall in Avengers but that in turn may have given him Asgard's throne after all!

Or maybe not...
Sounds like a logical explanation to me, but really at this point it could be a number of things. I mean we don't even know the basics of what happened to Odin. It could be that Odin gave Loki the throne in some kind of Devils Deal (knowing Thor didn't want to be King and Asgard needs a new leader), or did Loki's disguise surprise Odin and was he either Killed or Imprisoned, or was this merely a scene of opportunity for Loki where Odin was away from the throne room and Loki took the guise of Odin to send his brother away. So, many questions and so little answers at this point. I just hope we don't have to wait until Thor 3 to get a better idea of what happened to Odin. Only time will tell though.

Surfer

Old 11-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #760
Surfer

It looks like Thor the Dark World is expected to pass $400 Million worldwide by the end of this weekend.

Surfer

Old 11-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #761
warriorking
Side-Kick

QUOTE=Surfer;27228331]It looks like Thor the Dark World is expected to pass $400 Million worldwide by the end of this weekend.

Surfer[/QUOTE]

Another hit for marvel..

Old 11-17-2013, 09:40 AM   #762
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Yep. I think IM3 spoiled us all on Avengers boost, but all things considered, Thor 2 is performing well. Heck, by the end of its BO run, it very well might be the 3rd highest grosser Marvel has put out (in terms of WW numbers)! Nothing to sneeze at

Old 11-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #763
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
It looks like Thor the Dark World is expected to pass $400 Million worldwide by the end of this weekend.

Surfer
It already passed it on Friday to be precise.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #764
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
It already passed it on Friday to be precise.
Even better yet. Box office Mojo is estimating Thor the Dark World will be at $479,765,000 by the end of this weekend, and if so it has a real chance of surpassing $500 Million worldwide before the Hunger Games is released in the US.

Surfer

Old 11-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #765
SteamBlust
Newbie First Class

Old 11-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #766
seahammer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteamBlust View Post
Dude, that's awesome! Did you make it?

Read my very long Thor 3 plot pitch
Old 11-17-2013, 11:40 PM   #767
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahammer View Post
Dude, that's awesome! Did you make it?
Yeah, I agree really cool image SteamBlust.

Surfer

Old 11-18-2013, 12:02 AM   #768
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Those images make me wish that we actually got to explore these worlds and the peoples in them. It's why I think the set up is so much better than the film itself. Seeing Thor leading the Warriors 3 and the army of Asgard throughout the Nine Realms to bring back order and quell the spread of unrest and violence while giving us a look into the politics of each world and having Thor be seen doing both bang up action and diplomatic duty as an emissary of Odin would have just made for a more interesting film to my eyes.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:14 AM   #769
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Those images make me wish that we actually got to explore these worlds and the peoples in them. It's why I think the set up is so much better than the film itself. Seeing Thor leading the Warriors 3 and the army of Asgard throughout the Nine Realms to bring back order and quell the spread of unrest and violence while giving us a look into the politics of each world and having Thor be seen doing both bang up action and diplomatic duty as an emissary of Odin would have just made for a more interesting film to my eyes.
Heck, I also noticed on my second viewing that Loki (as Odin) told Thor on how all of the 9 realms saw what Thor did for them through his battle with Malekith due to the fact that they were hopping around between realms as a result of the convergence.

That would have been a perfect time to show Thor and Malekith going through other realms that haven't been explored within the MCU, and showing its residents witness on how Thor was fighting for them.

If you add that, plus what you just mentioned above, it would have provided a greater arc for Thor imho.

Old 11-18-2013, 05:03 AM   #770
seahammer
Side-Kick

Here's a preview clip of tomorrow night's Agents of SHIELD episode, "The Well." It deals with the fallout from Thor's final battle.

T:TDW and Agents of SHIELD spoilers, sort of:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I know the proper place to discuss this is in the AOS forum, but I thought I'd post it here since it relates to T:TDW.

By the way, I translated the staff in clip above as best I could. In Asgardian runes, it says "INSPIRE" and "RAGE," with a third word that is unclear but that might say "FIGHT."

Read my very long Thor 3 plot pitch
Old 11-18-2013, 05:17 AM   #771
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Well on another note, I definitely feel like those who said that this film could have used a extra 10 minutes had their concerns validated, since I feel like there are some other stuff that could have been added and explored in the film.

I still have a hard time believing at times that this film, where exploring the 9 realms was one of its biggest pitches, focused more on the Earthlings than it did on certain Asgardians.

Old 11-18-2013, 05:44 AM   #772
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

We'll add it to the, (in my mind) LOOOOONG list of unforced errors the film made. They had the set up for Loki being much more formidable in this film. He did the Asgardian Sorcerer's equivalent of a skinny dude who when he goes to prison does nothing but work out and ends up a beast cuz, he has nothinn' elst ta do!! Well, that would have been the reason for Loki's magic being so much more in this film. All he's done for a year is study spells and build up his magical energy. But no... Let's give Jane's unimportant lunch date some more time on screen.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:54 AM   #773
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
We'll add it to the, (in my mind) LOOOOONG list of unforced errors the film made. They had the set up for Loki being much more formidable in this film. He did the Asgardian Sorcerer's equivalent of a skinny dude who when he goes to prison does nothing but work out and ends up a beast cuz, he has nothinn' elst ta do!! Well, that would have been the reason for Loki's magic being so much more in this film. All he's done for a year is study spells and build up his magical energy. But no... Let's give Jane's unimportant lunch date some more time on screen.
Indeed; heck, I can't believe that they didn't even really hint at Surtur in this film considering Malekith's comic ties with the character.

I think what's frustrating for me as a Thor fan is that I felt that they could have easily done better with the material/resources that they had.

Exploring the 9 realms, a more grittier and intimate look at Asgard, better choreographed fight scenes, bigger scale...I mean they had all of that and while they did give out a good film, I think they could have easily given a greater film.

I still scratch my head at the Mid-Credits scene featuring the Collector. Wow, it really looked like it was shot for a Sci-Fi TV Film in terms of cinematography and even the performance of the actor that played the Collector.

I seriously hope that this is not what people should expect in the long run for the actual Guardians film.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:38 AM   #774
Crimson King
Throwing shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Indeed; heck, I can't believe that they didn't even really hint at Surtur in this film considering Malekith's comic ties with the character.

I think what's frustrating for me as a Thor fan is that I felt that they could have easily done better with the material/resources that they had.

Exploring the 9 realms, a more grittier and intimate look at Asgard, better choreographed fight scenes, bigger scale...I mean they had all of that and while they did give out a good film, I think they could have easily given a greater film.

I still scratch my head at the Mid-Credits scene featuring the Collector. Wow, it really looked like it was shot for a Sci-Fi TV Film in terms of cinematography and even the performance of the actor that played the Collector.

I seriously hope that this is not what people should expect in the long run for the actual Guardians film.
I thought the fight scenes were much better this time out.

As for the GotG stinger, I wouldn't get my hopes up on seeing something vastly different in the actual movie. BDT was great, IMO. Menacing, even with just a couple lines of dialog. The tone and look are exactly what you should expect from a Guardians story. It's going to be equal parts goofy and serious. Gunn wasn't lying when he said it would remind us of Galaxy Quest.

Recent guest appearances on The Hodgepodge Podcast to discuss 75 years of Batman and CA:TWS
Old 11-18-2013, 07:48 AM   #775
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

Yeah, we didnt really get what we were told we were going to get from this movie, not by a long shot. Fiege needs to either stop lying or stop meddling with these films as not one of them has been better for it. This, TIH and IM2 are widely reported as the ones he meddled with most and the latter are considered 2 of the worst Marvel movies. I have a feeling TDW may be in time as well as I dont see it standing up to repeat viewings all that well.

I still think Taylor could have given us a great movie without the meddling from Marvel, instead of just a good movie that we got. Its so disappointing. Why even hire the GoT guy if you wont let him to his thing? I just dont get it.

1)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(2)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(3)The Lego Movie-7.5(4)Robocop-7.5(5)300:Rise Of An Empire-7
Closed Thread