The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman/Batman > Superman/Batman Movie

Old 11-13-2013, 05:56 AM   #1
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Default What is the likelihood of Mercy Graves being in Batman/Superman film? Casting ideas?

Charlize Theron? Milla Jovavich?

Old 11-13-2013, 06:04 AM   #2
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

Default Re: What is the likelihood of Mercy Graves being in Batman/Superman film? Casting ide

Antje Traue

NosfeRomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:05 AM   #3
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Default Re: What is the likelihood of Mercy Graves being in Batman/Superman film? Casting ide

Her presence and casting in the film would be a possible indicator of Wonder Woman's presence also. At the very least it would confirm that Amazons exist in the movies.

Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #4
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

I gotta say, I don't care much for the Mercy character. I mean, she's okay, but she comes attached to a version of Lex Luthor that I don't want to see. The pompous, greedy, massage-having, Armani-wearing Luthor from STAS... meh. That's the kind of guy who would go out of his way to get a hot bodyguard, but I feel the movie Lex should be an true idealist, a guy who hates Superman for actual ideological reasons, not just because he interferes with his crooked deals. That's a guy who would be BEYOND superficial stuff, and having a Mercy by his side would go against that. So no Mercy, I hope.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Nemeres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:34 AM   #5
Afrobean
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
Her presence and casting in the film would be a possible indicator of Wonder Woman's presence also. At the very least it would confirm that Amazons exist in the movies.
Mercy was never conceived of as an Amazon. They slipped that retcon into the comics much later and it is definitely not a defining trait of her character. It might also be difficult to explain how an Amazon warrior came to be Lex's bodyguard within the context of a single film.

She's been portrayed as a cyborg too (Young Justice animated series), but I wouldn't count on seeing that either. If she appears, she'll be there as merely a badass who can shoot better than anyone else and who can handle herself in hand-to-hand if necessary. Her fighting skills need not be explained as being supernaturally Amazonian or even cyborg-based. She does not need to exchange blows with Superman.

Afrobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:42 PM   #6
godisawesome
Side-Kick

I'm kind of in support of her and Hope showing up as some kind of powered up bad-assets (I'm sorry for the pun, but I had to) for Luthor to unleash on Batman and give him some time against Superman. I just kind of think there's still enough of a surprise there that it really would build up Luthor's cred if he either employed Amazons or created these super dangerous chicks, maybe from the same stuff used to create Deathstroke.

Just a regular hot badass chick would be expected. A badass chick who introduces a world where Wonder Woman already exists and let's us know that Luthor's aware of Themiscyra would be unexpected, especially if they treat it as Luthor's hidden trump card, to demonstrate just how far ahead of the curve he is.

-C.S. Lewis
godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:35 PM   #7
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:19 PM   #8
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Gina Carano

Josh Brolin as Lex.

MessiahDecoy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #9
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
more than likely, or bruce wayne's girlfriend for 5 min of the movie.

Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:34 PM   #10
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

I guess with the choice of Jesse, we could guess a younger Mercy?

Old 01-31-2014, 11:35 PM   #11
InJustice
Side-Kick

You have a lot of plot to deal with in the film, I highly doubt we're getting extra stuff like Mercy Graves.

InJustice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:36 PM   #12
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
You have a lot of plot to deal with in the film, I highly doubt we're getting extra stuff like Mercy Graves.
Maybe not a MAJOR role, but a few scenes here and there could be possible.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:00 PM   #13
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Gina Carano

Josh Brolin as Lex.
Heh heh, this thread was made before we knew who Lex was. A lot of us thought they'd go slightly older (not Cranston old mind you) in age/appearance. LuthorBerger

Old 02-01-2014, 08:59 PM   #14
Loki882
Side-Kick

Either Rosamund Pike or Rooney Mara. As for how she should be portrayed, I'm fine with her being either just a "badass normal" or a cyborg. She should NOT be an Amazon.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:01 PM   #15
LEVITIKUZ
Nic Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
more than likely, or bruce wayne's girlfriend for 5 min of the movie.
Boy were you wrong.

LEVITIKUZ is offline   Reply With Quote