The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman/Batman > Superman/Batman Movie

Old 01-28-2014, 04:08 PM   #51
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Default Re: So which companies are doing the CGI/VFX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post

The shot of Superman flying in the air is my single favorite shot in the movie. If we watched people being thrown with superspeed in real life, it would look exactly like that.

Probably, anyway.
I love that shot!!!

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:31 PM   #52
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero

I'd actually love to see ILM work on this. Their work is always phenomenal, & it'd be cool to see them bring their style to a Superman film.

Hulk-1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:35 PM   #53
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk-1700 View Post
I'd actually love to see ILM work on this. Their work is always phenomenal, & it'd be cool to see them bring their style to a Superman film.
Agreed. I love IL&M work. hope his Disney's connection don't cut the company of doing such great jobs on other movie companies.

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:38 PM   #54
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
Agreed. I love IL&M work. hope his Disney's connection don't cut the company of doing such great jobs on other movie companies.
Yeah, that would definitely suck. The work they could do on a film such as this would be incredible.

And the best part about their CGI is it always holds up well. Jurassic Park was made 21 years ago & still look like it was freshly made yesterday.

Hulk-1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:07 PM   #55
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
Disney isn't going to prevent ILM from doing work for other studios. They're profiting from that, actually, since they own Lucasfilm.

If anything prevents ILM from working on this, it will either be the budget not allowing it or ILM's schedule. They're already contracted for next year's Jurassic World and Star Wars: Episode VII (and likely Avengers: Age of Ultron) -- BIG franchise movies. It won't stop ILM from taking work for other movies, but if they work on BvS, it won't be a large amount of shots.

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote