The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman!

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 12-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #2
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Default Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman!

Gal Gadot to Play Wonder Woman in ĎBatman vs. Supermaní

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/ga...an-1200918310/

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 12-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
sweetre15
Positive Page

Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
2009 WW wasn't slender my friend.
Sure about that?:

WWE will always be the clear #1 company in pro wrestling as long as their next best competition is TNA, and TNA will always be the second-rate Mickey Mouse outfit with the creativity of a Xerox copier
Old 12-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #4
roach
I am the night

Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 1

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 12-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #5
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

I'm not completely sold on Gabot yet, not because of her physique, but because she is known more as a former model than as an actress. And I think they could've cast a better candidate as WW, such as Jaime Alexander. Hopefully she will wow us and prove us wrong, but until then I'm going to be skeptical about this choice for WW.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 12-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #6
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Doesn't confuse athletic with slender my friends. She still had some size and shape to her.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #7
The Valeyard
Banned User

Starting this thread off right

Old 12-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #8
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Beautiful but she's basically skin and bones.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #9
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Never seen her act so on a wait and see approach with that, but she has that exotic look and in fairness most performances in Snyder's movies are good. I have no doubt she will be putting some muscle on as well, Cavill's trainers will probably work with her.

My worry is this movie becoming too cluttered though, WW is appearing, The Flash supposedly is, then we have Lex and either Metallo or Doomsday, at this rate the movie will need to be 3 hours long and while fans like us wont mind that, I am not sure the GA will take to it. I just hope Superman gets a lot of focus and isnt over-shadowed in this.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 12-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #10
Masone
Side-Kick

Holy crap! Whatt!!!?

I love this move.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #11
jmc
callin' it like I see it

What's this about the Flash?

Old 12-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #12
Astrodust
Side-Kick

Jaime Alexander really isn't that muscular either. Alexander has the advantage of already playing a similar character so people are able to see her as Wonder Woman. I'm not taking anything away cause she looked great but it comes down to who can sell the part at this point cause none of them look the part physically. I'd say Gadot looks just as much like WW as Alexander. It comes down to whether she embodies WW.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #13
DarkSentinel
SHH's Top Heel

She was actually pretty badass in FF6. She just needs to put on a smidgen of meat but overall I'm satisfied.

*T*
Old 12-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #14
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

not completely on board with her as Wonder Woman for many reasons but will have to wait and see.
WB/DC is making a lot of odd decisions regarding casting lately... I really hope they take their time.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #15
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I'm okay with any number of characters they put in this film so long as it doesn't turn out to be the Iron Man 2 of the DC Universe.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #16
TheJediBrah
Side-Kick

Quote:
Doesn't confuse athletic with slender my friends. She still had some size and shape to her.
No, she really doesn't.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #17
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrodust View Post
Jaime Alexander really isn't that muscular either. Alexander has the advantage of already playing a similar character so people are able to see her as Wonder Woman. I'm not taking anything away cause she looked great but it comes down to who can sell the part at this point cause none of them look the part physically. I'd say Gadot looks just as much like WW as Alexander. It comes down to whether she embodies WW.
Jamie has actually lost a crap load of weight too. She use to have a real healthy figure. ****ing Hollywood.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #18
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
No, she really doesn't.
Whatever dude, she wasn't skin and bones.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #19
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I'm okay with any number of characters they put in this film so long as it doesn't turn out to be the Iron Man 2 of the DC Universe.
But I want SLJ to recruit the Justice League!

Old 12-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #20
DarkSentinel
SHH's Top Heel

It's all about execution. And it could either be epically spectacular or a spectacularly epic fail.

My advice would be to introduce Gadot as Diana first. Maybe borrow the "Themyscira Industries" idea from the abandoned WW pilot as a cover. Depending on who the villain turns out to be (which could involve the actual Themyscira by the way), you could conceivably unite the Trinity in the climax of this film with a great WW reveal.

Then you can branch off into a Batman film, Wonder Woman film, Flash and (maybe) a GL reboot (with Ackles as Jordan dammit!! Make it happen, WB ) and then go for the Justice League film.

The downside? Justice League looks to be a 2020 film. I'll be thirty frickin three by then!!!

*T*
Old 12-04-2013, 08:06 PM   #21
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
What's this about the Flash?
According to the web-site that shall not be named he is making an appearance in this movie too.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 12-04-2013, 08:06 PM   #22
sweetre15
Positive Page

It just depends on how well the elements are juggled.

The Dark Knight had Maroni, Two-Face, Scarecrow, and Joker all in it and still had to juggle the love story with Rachel Dawes, H introduction of Harvey Dent and his transformation into Two-Face, The Falcone crime Family and Maroni's antics and The Joker. While putting it all into one cohesive narrative and I'm sure most would say it was handled well but on paper that sounds like a Clusterfrick waiting to happen right?

We need to found out the significance of these roles in the movie before assuming Supes will get lost in the shuffle.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #23
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
According to the web-site that shall not be named he is making an appearance in this movie too.
Variety?

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 12-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #24
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Anyway, what's done is done. Not much any of us can do about it and whining about body shape isn't really going to change anything. The issue is now down to her acting, which from what I've seen isn't that great.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #25
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSentinel View Post
It's all about execution. And it could either be epically spectacular or a spectacularly epic fail.

My advice would be to introduce Gadot as Diana first. Maybe borrow the "Themyscira Industries" idea from the abandoned WW pilot as a cover. Depending on who the villain turns out to be (which could involve the actual Themyscira by the way), you could conceivably unite the Trinity in the climax of this film with a great WW reveal.

Then you can branch off into a Batman film, Wonder Woman film, Flash and (maybe) a GL reboot (with Ackles as Jordan dammit!! Make it happen, WB ) and then go for the Justice League film.

The downside? Justice League looks to be a 2020 film. I'll be thirty frickin three by then!!!
WB is not waiting til 2020 for a JL movie.

Closed Thread