The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 10:58 PM   #251
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
you're hot...smoking
sucks for nailbiter then.

i want aaron paul as the flash so I'm happy about that, but purefoy should get call for lex

Old 11-13-2013, 11:00 PM   #252
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
sucks for nailbiter then.

i want aaron paul as the flash so I'm happy about that, but purefoy should get call for lex
you got that right...I remember when he would post **** and then ask not to post spoilers in the comments but when Skyfall came out he had a HUGE skull and cross bones over Judi Dench's M and when I called him on it he got butthurt like I just punted his ass like a football

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 11-13-2013, 11:15 PM   #253
Marvin
Side-Kick

Damien Lewis or Jason Clarke please.

Old 11-14-2013, 01:03 AM   #254
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
I like it! I didn't think of him before, but now that you've said it...he could be good. He can come off very charming, but also dangerous as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NosfeRomas View Post
I tried, it is very disturbing. I would love to see his version.

It sure wouldn't be fun and games when it comes to Hanks playing Lex. Hanks would have no choice to but to play Lex in a very disturbing way. Probably the darkest role he would ever play.

Old 11-14-2013, 01:05 AM   #255
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

I think an in shape and shaved head Matthew McConaghey would be a great choice though as Lex.

Old 11-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #256
smallville fan
Hero

http://www.manofsteelfanpage.com/201...polis-spoiler/

Quote:
Batman vs Superman’s Lex Luthor is Pride of Metropolis: SPOILER

A day can barely pass without another Batman vs Superman rumor. Be warned this one may have possible spoilers. Readers will be warned again just before it is disclosed.

According to **************.com, Terry O’Quinn is not a contender for the role of Lex Luthor in Batman vs Superman, he never was considered. However, CBM goes on to report their own casting rumor saying James Purefoy (The Following, FOX) was contacted, but Purefoy “wanted nothing to do with it.” If that’s the case, we fans don’t want someone who has so strong an aversion. We want someone who is genuinely excited to play a role, someone we can support.

On the female lead that is being sought for the movie as the love interest for Bruce Wayne, it is reported the studio wants an African-American female for the role and several women will be reading/ testing with Ben Affleck this week. The love interest is serious relationship and will know Bruce’s alter-ego identity. I am completely on board with introducing actors of color in the movie. If this is the case, I’m on board. However, in Hollywoodland, nothing is ever true, until it’s true. Meaning take this all with salt and get out the Morton’s.

Next up, CBM reports Flash and Wonder Woman will appear in the film, but as Barry Allen and Diana, not Flash and Wonder Woman. Purportedly, Grant Gustin (Flash, Arrow) is being considered however the studio wishes to audience test Gustin. If the reception isn’t as favorable as they’d prefer, another actor will be cast for the role. On a side note, CW is developing The Flash TV show as a spin-off from Arrow with Gustin in the titular role.

Now we’re getting into possible spoilers for Batman vs Superman. Keep in mind, none of this is confirmed. But, stop reading if you don’t wish to know any more.

You were warned.

Here we go.

It is reported Lex Luthor in this next movie, will be the “Pride of Metropolis”, someone who is well liked by the public for helping Metropolis as much as he has. He’s charismatic, engineering, very smart. Even Lois Lane likes him. This Lex is allegedly based on Grant Morrison’s All Star Superman. Lex’s motivations, though, are not genuine. He despises Superman for being “the perfect alien” and believes the people of Earth will turn on him when they realize what he is at his core (implying he’s bad.) This Lex also experiments in fringe science (see our article on rumors for LexCorp), asking his scientists to re-create Kryptonian armor. Now, take this this a lot of salt as the these are specific scene descriptions and lines that are being reported. When a scientist asks Lex if he’s the one who can stand up to Superman, Lex’s response is “Is there any other person who can?”

Source: **************.com
I think people will already hate Superman...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #257
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

I believe Showtime and Mayimbe debunked that report.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #258
regwec
Shakespearo

Eh Maybe has no authority to debunk anything.

Still, it sounds like it was just made up here.

Old 11-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #259
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Yeah. Usually when these rumors have any truth to them, they're little snippets of information. They're never THAT detailed.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #260
Rorschach2012
$

I don't believe that report at all

Old 11-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #261
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

CBM is the source?

A bunch of fantasy writers own that place.

I believe in Batfleck
Old 11-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #262
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
CBM is the source?

A bunch of fantasy writers own that place.
Biased fantasy writers.

Some of them fell into Hell
Old 11-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #263
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

That's worse again!

Seriously, that story is bogus. Less bogus than Cranston as Lex though

I believe in Batfleck
Old 11-14-2013, 06:58 PM   #264
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

damn. just so the dallas buyers club promo. mathew mac might win that oscar for best actor. might be a god idea to snag him.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:40 AM   #265
FVD
Jolly Loves You

Seriously, people need to stop suggesting actors over 55 or so years of age. Let's get realistic here!!

Now I'm dreaming here but if only Fassbender never got cast as Magneto, I reckon he would have been perfect as Lex! Richard Armitage too if you can imagine him bald. At the end of the day I'm sure I'll accept whoever they cast.

Last edited by FVD; 11-15-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #266
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...an-vs-superman

6 YOUNGER ACTORS TO CONSIDER AS LEX LUTHOR

1. Jake Gyllenhaal (age 32) - Let's go back to the Warner Bros. pool of superheroes as they did for Lois Lane and Superman. Both Amy Adams and Henry Cavill were up for Lois and Superman previous to Man of Steel, respectively. While Kevin Spacey was the only Lex Luthor actor for Superman Returns, how about another Batman actor? Jake Gyllenhaal could fit the bill and has already sported the bald look.

2. Armie Hammer (age 27) - Hammer is currently teaming with Henry Cavill in The Man From U.N.C.L.E. and was up for Batman as well in the 2008 defunct Justice League movie. Shave his head and now he's a bad guy! Hammer stands 6'5" and would make for a formidable Lex Luthor vs. Superman. Plus Armie Hammer has played the rich bad guy role in The Social Network.

3. Joquin Phoenix (age 39) - Played the bad guy in Gladiator; played Johnny Cash; the guy can do it all. Plus he has that mad power hungry look to fit Luthor. And the guy is just cool as hell.

4. Leonardo DiCaprio (age 39) - Back to the WB talent pool again as reportedly DiCaprio was wanted by the WB execs as the Riddler for Nolan's The Dark Knight Trilogy. DiCaprio would be a huge name for the movie. And hey, maybe Luthor doesn't have to be bald.

5. Joseph Gordon-Levitt (age 32) - JGL's name has been associated with every role under the sun in Hollywood, so why not Lex Luthor? The guy is a heck of an actor and has sported the bald look as well. Maybe he's been turning down all the superhero roles to play the part of a bad guy.

6. Matt Damon (age 43) - Probably the most obvious choice to play Lex Luthor seeing his relationship with Ben Affleck. The two go hand in hand like peanut butter and jelly. Damon and Affleck are best friends and distant cousins. Damon also landed a small role in Christopher Nolan's Interstellar which can't be a coincidence. Could it be that Damon has already landed the role of Lex Luthor and everybody's being fed a bunch of follow-the-yellow-brick-road?!

IMO Matt Dammon, Leo Dicaprio , Joaquin Phoenix would be great choice as Lex Luthor

Old 11-15-2013, 10:55 AM   #267
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Hamm dammit

Old 11-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #268
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Guy Pearce. That is all.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 11-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #269
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Unfortunately that won't happen.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 11-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #270
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
Unfortunately that won't happen.
Why? What do you know?

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 11-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #271
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I'm sure affleck's wife will put in a good word for mathew mac, and this film would be better for it.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #272
Chip Chipperson
Dr. Pavel I'm CIA

Damon as lex would be pretty cool, but I don't see it happening with Affleck already being involved.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #273
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I'm sure affleck's wife will put in a good word for mathew mac, and this film would be better for it.
This is the idea that gets me the most excited. I hope it happens

Old 11-15-2013, 01:31 PM   #274
DocHoliday
The King of Cool

Yeah, Matt Mc. has stepped up his game to insane levels. With his HBO series I'm just not sure he'd be available (hope I'm wrong). Great actor though.

Old 11-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #275
TheOneWhoKnocks
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday View Post
Yeah, Matt Mc. has stepped up his game to insane levels. With his HBO series I'm just not sure he'd be available (hope I'm wrong). Great actor though.
True Detective (which I think he finished before Interstellar) is going to have different stories and different lead characters each season. It's possible that McConaughey/Harrelson won't be back for the second season, though it could be like American Horror Story and have them play different characters.

Closed Thread