The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 02:44 AM   #351
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
You are not crazy. I think Hammer could play a very interesting Lex. So I'm glad to know I'm not alone in this.

I also want a younger Lex. I don't want him old.
he should be the same age if not a few years older than Bruce.

Old 11-19-2013, 02:46 AM   #352
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Frankly, I'd like to see Synder make a bold choice with the casting Lex. Someone good, but not Cranston or the usual names I see. Hammer would be a bold choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
he should be the same age if not a few years older than Bruce.
Agreed. That sounds about right.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:27 AM   #353
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

^Yeah a lot of these choices are typical. I'd like someone more interesting.

Old 11-19-2013, 03:32 AM   #354
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
I'd pay to see that as Luthor

It'll be like Trevor Slattery all over again.

Quote:
Frankly, I'd like to see Synder make a bold choice with the casting Lex. Someone good, but not Cranston or the usual names I see. Hammer would be a bold choice.
We already have one controversial left-of-field casting choice that the masses will come to see, I say Snyder should just snag himself an A-Lister that makes sense who Cavill could play off and create good chemistry immensely well.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-19-2013, 03:48 AM   #355
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
I'd pay to see that as Luthor

It'll be like Trevor Slattery all over again.
OMG....lolololol...I might pay to see that too. That picture of Cera is too funny.

Quote:
We already have one controversial left-of-field casting choice that the masses will come to see, I say Snyder should just snag himself an A-Lister that makes sense who Cavill could play off and create good chemistry immensely well.
There aren't many young type A-listers though, so I say he go with someone who has the range, but is not A-list yet. Hammer has range, regardless of that fiasco called TLR. There are plenty of good actors who just haven't made it big yet, so I'm hoping he thinks a little outside the box.

I'm also curious as to when we'll actually see Luthor. Does anyone think it will be in this next film?

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:56 AM   #356
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
There aren't many young type A-listers though, so I say he go with someone who has the range, but is not A-list yet. Hammer has range, regardless of that fiasco called TLR. There are plenty of good actors who just haven't made it big yet, so I'm hoping he thinks a little outside the box.

I'm also curious as to when we'll actually see Luthor. Does anyone think it will be in this next film?
To me, Luthor shouldn't be young at least in a movie universe. Sure a young Lex worked on Smallville but that was an ongoing television show. It makes more sense when Luthor's old but not too old like Terry O'Quinn old. Luthor's supposed to represent the exact opposite of Superman. Superman is young, beautiful etc etc, so Luthor should ideally be old, and ugly thus creating that level of envy and hatred we know and love. So an old A-lister please.

I'm thinking we see Luthor in the first 20 minutes

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-19-2013, 04:00 AM   #357
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
To me, Luthor shouldn't be young at least in a movie universe. Sure a young Lex worked on Smallville but that was an ongoing television show. It makes more sense when Luthor's old but not too old like Terry O'Quinn old. Luthor's supposed to represent the exact opposite of Superman. Superman is young, beautiful etc etc, so Luthor should ideally be old, and ugly thus creating that level of envy and hatred we know and love. So an old A-lister please.

That's exactly why I think he should go in a different direction. I love that Luthor like the next Superman fan, but I think we need a different look for this "new" generation of Superman movies. If we can get a black Perry then he can change the game for Luthor too, and I think it would be a good choice to not go in that direction because it is stale.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:08 AM   #358
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Actually, thinking about it now, I imagine that this universe will want to give us the Lex that is relatable, believable, and real -- the opposite of Hackman/Spacey, and the opposite of Hammer.

I'm not sure it'd be easy for audiences to actually buy in to Lex's POV in a serious way with an actor like Hammer. There's just something goofy and exaggerated about him.
I think Hammer would work best for an nonthreatening cartoony Lex (ala DCAU), which I doubt they're going for.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 11-19-2013 at 04:18 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:09 AM   #359
lc23
Fan of Steel

Quote:

No. Ideally, Lex should be around Bruce's age. Story wise, that could be another great way to connect him to Batman, by making Bruce and Lex peers. Lex should be Superman's opposite in an idealistic since. Superman's power alone is more than enough to make Lex bitterly jealous.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:19 AM   #360
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I imagine that this universe will want to give us the Lex that is relatable, believable, and real -- the opposite of Hackman/Spacey.
This I agree with. You need something more relatable and not an old, short bald man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I'm not sure it'd be easy for audiences to actually buy in to Lex's POV in a serious way with an actor like Hammer. There's just something so goofy about him.

Thinking about it now, I think Hammer would work best for a cartoony Lex (ala DCAU), which I doubt they're going for.
This I do not agree with at all. I'm not sure why Hammer gets so much hate, but he does have range. He's a good actor. Ignore what happened in TLR. I believe he could really pull this off and he plays the douchebag very well. Plus he's handsome. I think Lex this time around should be a handsome guy. I think that will just work better.

Old 11-19-2013, 05:22 AM   #361
lc23
Fan of Steel

Quote:
This I agree with. You need something more relatable and not an old, short bald man.

This I do not agree with at all. I'm not sure why Hammer gets so much hate, but he does have range. He's a good actor. Ignore what happened in TLR. I believe he could really pull this off and he plays the douchebag very well. Plus he's handsome. I think Lex this time around should be a handsome guy. I think that will just work better.
Heck no to Hammer. I'm sorry, but he does have a goofy look to him. He looks like he could be Brendan Fraser's derpy-faced son. I can't see him as an intimidating villain at all. Besides we hardly need a Lex that's taller than Superman. Batman can maybe get a pass, but not Lex.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:47 AM   #362
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Michael C. Hall looks to be about the right age to me.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:36 AM   #363
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc23 View Post
Heck no to Hammer. I'm sorry, but he does have a goofy look to him. He looks like he could be Brendan Fraser's derpy-faced son. I can't see him as an intimidating villain at all. Besides we hardly need a Lex that's taller than Superman. Batman can maybe get a pass, but not Lex.
What the hell happened to that guy? I remember he had a lot of movies from 07-09 but seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 11-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #364
captainrogers
Diluted SuperSoldier

Don't know if it's been suggested already....but because I'm a HUGE fan of this beautiful man, and I think he would NAIL the role: Idris Elba

This scene SCREAMS "Lex" to me.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

-Hercules, Captain America #444
Old 11-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #365
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc23 View Post
lol...lol...I don't know what to say to that, but I think he could pull it off though. I actually want to see someone like him because I want them to go in a different direction for Lex. He's the ideal of what I'd like to see. A handsome man who eventually deteriorates due his insane quest against Superman and then his true inner self is shown gradually.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:09 PM   #366
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrogers View Post
Don't know if it's been suggested already....but because I'm a HUGE fan of this beautiful man, and I think he would NAIL the role: Idris Elba
Yes, he routinely gets suggested for every role in every movie ever. As we speak, all over the internet, he is being suggested to play James Bond, Superman, Batman, Peter Pan, Santa Claus, Princess Diana and Jesus.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:14 PM   #367
Rodrigo90
Bat Smiles

May he reign supreme as the fantasy casting king, forever.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #368
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrogers View Post
It has been suggested and I think it would be an incredibly bold choice, but while Superman fans griped about changing Perry's race. I think there would be pure outrage if they made Lex black.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #369
OfficialMissile

I really don't see anyone mentioning this but how about Billy Crudup. He's worked with Snyder before and he had the bald thing going on in Watchmen.

Last edited by OfficialMissile; 11-19-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:25 PM   #370
Rodrigo90
Bat Smiles

We're already debating a black Bond...we don't need to talk about it with Lex as well, surely?

Old 11-19-2013, 12:29 PM   #371
Eddie Dean
I Am Not Nice

A blue Lex?!? This has gotten out of hand!

Old 11-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #372
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialMissile View Post
I really don't see anyone mentioning this but how about Billy Crudup. He's worked with Snyder before and he had the bald thing going on in Watchmen.

That's not that bad actually. IMO at least.

Some of them fell into Hell
Old 11-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #373
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Crudup? I don't think I've seen him mentioned. Can someone post a pic where he isn't like Dr. Manhattan...lol

Old 11-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #374
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
It has been suggested and I think it would be an incredibly bold choice, but while Superman fans griped about changing Perry's race. I think there would be pure outrage if they made Lex black.
I don't oppose casting a black actor as Lex- I just fail to see anything in Idris Elba that particularly suits the part.

There appears to be an unwritten rule in fancasting that the prospective actor has to either be an exact physical match to the part, irrespective of talent, or be Idris Elba.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #375
OfficialMissile

Here's Billy Crudup without the blue face lol

Closed Thread