The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #551
Chip Chipperson
FOR YOU

Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Stone Cold Steve Austin for Lex Luthor.

Superman: It's over Luthor. You're coming with me.

Stone Cold Lex Luthor: What?

Superman: I said you're coming with me.

Stone Cold Lex Luthor: What? huh?

Superman: Enough Lex, I'm done playing your games.

Stone Cold Lex Luthor: WHAT?

Superman: Ok if thats how you wa-

Stone Cold Lex Luthor: WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?

Superman: sigh.......

Old 11-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #552
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

How could they not ask Hanks to be in one of these comicbook movies? He's Tom Hanks!

I might even go back on my old man Luthor dislike if they got somebody like Tom Hanks.

Old 11-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #553
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by green View Post
He didn't technically say Lex but…

"They don’t ask me, man. I keep trying. Come on, I can do it. I can do it. Even let me play a bad guy, let me play the bad guy against Batman. I’ll do anything, call me. They’ve never asked. What do I gotta do? God, I want to throw a shield at somebody. I want that. And I don’t want to play the guy in the suit who tells the superheroes what’s going on, I don’t want to be that guy. ‘Well, you know Batman, Captain America, Iron Man, here’s what we’ve discovered,’ I don’t want to be that guy. I want to get in there, I want to play The Flash or something like that. They’ll never give me a chance."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4115009.html

I actually think he'd make a fantastic Luthor.
LOL...that's funny.

You know...he just seems like too much of a nice guy. I can't imagine Tom Hanks as an *******.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:32 PM   #554
green

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
LOL...that's funny.

You know...he just seems like too much of a nice guy. I can't imagine Tom Hanks as an *******.
That's what makes it such great casting. Watch him as Dr Henry Goose in Cloud Atlas. Fantastic work on his part.

Old 11-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #555
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
That's what makes it such great casting. Watch him as Dr Henry Goose in Cloud Atlas. Fantastic work on his part.
I keep trying to watch that, but can't make it through more than 15 minutes. I'll give it go just to see. I really can't imagine that. He really does seem like the nicest person in the world.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #556
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:
LOL...that's funny.

Yep. That is the reason why his take on Lex Luthor would probably be a rather disturbing and dark take on him. It would be easy for Hanks to be the public persona of Lex where everybody likes him....but when it comes to other hating Superman and megalomanical side. Wow.

I could only imagine how dark Hanks can really be. Kinda like how Robin Williams was in Insomnia. Veeerrrry eeeery...

Last edited by NoLaNitE007; 11-22-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:46 PM   #557
green

Quote:
I keep trying to watch that, but can't make it through more than 15 minutes. I'll give it go just to see. I really can't imagine that. He really does seem like the nicest person in the world.
God Ive watched that movie like 10 times, every time I find something new that links the stories together, whether it be a scar, a button or that old Chinese guy that's actually Halle Berry. Seriously underrated.

Old 11-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #558
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLaNitE007 View Post
Yep. That is the reason why his take on Lex Luthor would probably a rather disturbing and dark take on him. It would be easy for him to be the public persona of Lex where everybody likes him....but when it comes to other hating Superman side and megalomanical side.

I could only imagine how dark Hanks can be. Kinda like how Robin Williams was in Insomnia. Eeery...
You and Green have me somewhat intrigued by this now.

Quote:
God Ive watched that movie like 10 times, every time I find something new that links the stories together, whether it be a scar, a button or that old Chinese guy that's actually Halle Berry. Seriously underrated.
Another friend said the same and told me I'm need to watch it with a more open mind. I'll give it a go. It's OnDemand, so I'll check it out tonight and look for the character you mentioned.

Old 11-22-2013, 03:53 PM   #559
Rowsdower!
Infinity and beyond

I'd highly recommend reading the book before you watch the movie. It's better (as is usually the case) and it makes it easier to follow.

Jensen Ackles for Convenience Store Clerk #2
Old 11-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #560
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I won't ever be watching Atlas again but to each there own.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #561
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I'd highly recommend reading the book before you watch the movie. It's better (as is usually the case) and it makes it easier to follow.
That's a lot of homework, Rows...lol My friend also said this too though and she has the book. I'll check it out. I can't think why I wouldn't like it, but it's so slow in the beginning I start tapping away on my Surface before I know it and I'm no longer watching the movie.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #562
green

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I won't ever be watching Atlas again but to each there own.
It's a love or hate kind of film that's for sure. Id read the book many years before and it was one of those "how the hell are going to film this" kind of reactions when I heard they were making it.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #563
Rowsdower!
Infinity and beyond

The book goes so much more in-depth than the movie does with certain parts of the story. The Somni story in the book is FASCINATING. But the way they present it in the movie... it looks really cool and makes for a good thrill ride, but it lacks the depth that the book had.

Jensen Ackles for Convenience Store Clerk #2
Old 11-22-2013, 04:29 PM   #564
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

~SHH SIX~
Old 11-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #565
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
That's actually a really great casting choice to me.

Woop! Let's make banners and start chanting!

Joel Edgerton for Aquaman!

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*

Last edited by hopefuldreamer; 11-22-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #566
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Do you guys want Lex Luthor to have designs for a battlesuit? He could construct it with Zod's armour.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:42 PM   #567
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
It's a love or hate kind of film that's for sure. Id read the book many years before and it was one of those "how the hell are going to film this" kind of reactions when I heard they were making it.
Yeah a love or hate film like Man of Steel ironically.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:44 PM   #568
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Yeah a love or hate film like Man of Steel ironically.
I actually don't sense that much division. Granted I wasn't here after the movie was released, but compared to the division SR wrought this is a breeze.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:52 PM   #569
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
I actually don't sense that much division. Granted I wasn't here after the movie was released, but compared to the division SR wrought this is a breeze.
I sense a metric ton of it. It's different than with SR because SR was the first Superman movie in 19 years so the disappointment was more pronounced. But the disappointment is there. I don't know how much I care because I loved the film but surely I wish more people had for their own sake not mine.

Personally Into Darkness was my biggest disappointment followed by Pacific Rim.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:56 PM   #570
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
I sense a metric ton of it. It's different than with SR because SR was the first Superman movie in 19 years so the disappointment was more pronounced. But the disappointment is there. I don't know how much I care because I loved the film but surely I wish more people had for their own sake not mine.

Into Darkness was my favorite of this year.

~SHH SIX~
Old 11-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #571
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

I really don't like the suggestions for actors that won't want to play a character more than once (twice at the very most). Even if $50 million attracts Hanks or DiCaprio to play Lex in one movie, they'll never return for sequels. Are they really good choices?

Old 11-22-2013, 10:05 PM   #572
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:

Hmmm...I sense the disappointment for some, but with SR there was just outrage. Here is seems like nitpicks that people didn't get everything they wanted or some particular aspect didn't meet their design. With SR there was more outrage and division of people into groups of lovers and haters. lol...those were days...lol.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #573
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Hmmm...I sense the disappointment for some, but with SR there was just outrage. Here is seems like nitpicks that people didn't get everything they wanted or some particular aspect didn't meet their design. With SR there was more outrage and division of people into groups of lovers and haters. lol...those were days...lol.
Sequels that come out 19 years later always get crap it seems.

~SHH SIX~
Old 11-22-2013, 10:08 PM   #574
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Sequels that come out 19 years later always get crap it seems.

Hah...if that movie had actually been a sequel I don't think it would have garnered quite so many haters...lol

Old 11-22-2013, 10:14 PM   #575
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Hah...if that movie had actually been a sequel I don't think it would have garnered quite so many haters...lol
Well, I was referencing SR and Indy 4!

~SHH SIX~
Closed Thread