The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #276
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Yeah I know that but Thanos would never under any circumstances be a henchman for Ultron. It would be the other way around. Same with Loki, The Collector and all the human terrorist organisations on that list. Curious to know why the two Iron Men are above Ultron Clones when that's what we'll most likely get

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 11-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #277
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
Yeah I know that but Thanos would never under any circumstances be a henchman for Ultron. It would be the other way around. Same with Loki, The Collector and all the human terrorist organisations on that list. Curious to know why the two Iron Men are above Ultron Clones when that's what we'll most likely get
Probably because it would be a way to make Stark go back to being Iron Man

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 11-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #278
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
But who'll be in the masters of evil though? There's Hammer,Abomination and???? Loki is not in this movie. Cross bones was also rumoured to be in this movie too. How many members make up the MOE though, I don't really know much about them.
Abomination, the Leader, Zola, Crossbones, Killian, maybe someone from GOTG, and Red Skull could return. Also, some villains that we don't know about yet from TWS could carry over into AoU. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch might be in the group as well. I think Hammer isn't in someone like Killian's league, he's just a cheap Stark knock-off. He's not fit for the Masters imo, but if he's included then I'm not going to complain.

I try not to focus on the comic book iterations of the Masters. Chances are, the MCU version will have its own mix of villains in the group.

Old 11-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #279
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are probably going to start off as villains, but they will end up being the newest Avengers by the end of the movie.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 11-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #280
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

I'm thinking they might not start off as clear cut villains. Criminals, quite probably, but perhaps more in the mold of very well intentioned but ultimately cynical and ruthless people who are very skeptical of the sincerity and effectiveness of The Avengers.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #281
TRM
Banned User

I think Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver will start out as potential risks to Shield, not necessarily allied with the Masters or Ultron. Sort of in the middle of it all. Maybe they used their powers to get away with stealing, but they were stealing to survive. Almost between good and evil, but then they get recruited to the evil side after a prison break in the beginning of the movie as they are just passing through shield's facilities, and later move back to using their powers for good.

I almost think Tony himself gets hacked in this movie, and the masters have a form of mind control that attempts to overwrite the human mind/memories like a computer, their system of mind control for winter soldier is a combination of hypnotism tricks and technology that can fill the empty slot in the mind and attack the parts of the brain that store memory... Killian knew what EVERY area of the brain did... The human mind operates a lot like a computer. Winter Soldier might not yet be updated to Zola's newest forms of the mind control that will completely erase Bucky's memories if he is brought back into Hydra... Unbeknownst to us the Mandarin has now stopped Tony's old bad dreams, and found an opening into his subconscious. The subconscious mind often doesn't know what the other side is doing. Tony makes bad choices throughout the movie and gets less screentime in the suit and less fights to give other characters more time... Almost becoming like a villain more so than Scarlett witch and Quicksilver, like the Hawkeye for this movie, but never fighting the other members.

After Shield is left in shambles and Pierce is outed as a villain, Fury may still be on the run and there is no one to direct Shield except for Maria Hill... Although I don't think a full civil war will happen, I think we're seeing a lead up to civil war elements, however much of it has been manipulated by Ultron and the Masters. It never becomes a full civil war because of Scarlet's reality altering powers, and Ultron wanting to make this time the Age of Ultron. Stark's father had a hand in starting Shield... In their darkest hour they might turn to Stark as more than a consultant. Stark thinks he can fix the problems within Sheild and with the world... but does not know his mind is being manipulated subconsciously and believes he is making the right choices.

Old 11-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #282
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

I do want a prison breakout in AoU, but it might be too much. TDW had a dungeon breakout, I think GOTG will have a prison breakout and then add a SHIELD prison breakout in AoU. I wouldn't mind it, but I can see how some people would find it repetitive.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #283
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Abomination, the Leader, Zola, Crossbones, Killian, maybe someone from GOTG, and Red Skull could return. Also, some villains that we don't know about yet from TWS could carry over into AoU. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch might be in the group as well. I think Hammer isn't in someone like Killian's league, he's just a cheap Stark knock-off. He's not fit for the Masters imo, but if he's included then I'm not going to complain.

I try not to focus on the comic book iterations of the Masters. Chances are, the MCU version will have its own mix of villains in the group.
What I would love if this is the route they go, depending on how TWS ends, maybe the Winter Soldier, who at least has some partial recovery from his brainwashing, maybe turned himself in to SHIELD and is in prison with these other baddies. If there's an Ultron-organized prison breakout of some sort with the above characters, then WS/Bucky could work with them on the inside while trying to help Cap and the rest of the Avengers, for a neat little redemption arc.

I think I may just want more Bucky onscreen time though, that's just me.

Old 11-19-2013, 05:41 PM   #284
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I do want a prison breakout in AoU, but it might be too much. TDW had a dungeon breakout, I think GOTG will have a prison breakout and then add a SHIELD prison breakout in AoU. I wouldn't mind it, but I can see how some people would find it repetitive.
i, at least, want to know that SHIELD has some kind of top secret prison where they are housing some of the freakier villains (i.e. Blonsky).

Old 11-19-2013, 05:51 PM   #285
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Kenneth Johnson, the Producer of the original Incredible Hulk television show shares his memories of Stan, Lou and the process of bringing the Hulk to TV!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-19-2013, 06:02 PM   #286
Kane52630
Nightcall User

Elizabeth Olsen briefly talked about her role in the Avengers on The Daily Show.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mo...lizabeth-olsen

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #287
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
What I would love if this is the route they go, depending on how TWS ends, maybe the Winter Soldier, who at least has some partial recovery from his brainwashing, maybe turned himself in to SHIELD and is in prison with these other baddies. If there's an Ultron-organized prison breakout of some sort with the above characters, then WS/Bucky could work with them on the inside while trying to help Cap and the rest of the Avengers, for a neat little redemption arc.

I think I may just want more Bucky onscreen time though, that's just me.
I think that would be cool to see. I'd like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
i, at least, want to know that SHIELD has some kind of top secret prison where they are housing some of the freakier villains (i.e. Blonsky).
Yeah, I agree. We already know from AoS(Graviton episode) that SHIELD has vaults where they store tech and whatever else they find from past cases. So there has to be a super-villain prison somewhere. We know that the Triskelion is going to be in TWS and it was also mentioned last week in AoS. In the comics it's SHIELD's island HQ and there's a prison in it as well. Hopefully it's the same case in the MCU, because I'm pretty sure the Triskelion will also appear in AoU if it isn't destroyed in TWS. It would be perfect for the big breakout. Plenty of SHIELD agents there to fight, as well as the Avengers.

Old 11-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #288
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The Avengers: Derp edition

Pretty funny remake of the trailer with all the bloopers. The schwarma scene at the end had me rolling

ps4 psn: djKiddVicious
Old 11-21-2013, 01:31 AM   #289
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I love Hawkeye. I could watch him all day. Throw in Kate Bishop and Id be happy for life.
I know that feel. It's tough to be a Hawkeye fan on these boards, he gets s*** on constantly. These people need to read some comics, damnit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Before Rashida Jones, one of my choices for Janet was Freida Pinto.
I personally want Janet to be Asian like she was in the Ultimate comics & maybe Avengers: EMH (not sure if she was supposed to be pale white or Asian in that show).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
^

Black Panther is in a similar boat, just switched around with a royal/mystical background/setting like Thor's, an inventing skill/powerset a *lot* like Iron Man's and plenty of hand to hand action and acrobatic spectacle a lot like Captain America.
Make Black Panther the Batman of the MCU...just like he is in the comics. I think the general audience will eat him up if he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I'm dying to get a Cpt./Ms. Marvel movie. I don't care if it comes before or after WW, I just want it to happen.
Knowing DC, they're probably waiting for Marvel to do Captain Marvel before they do Wonder Woman.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #290
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
I know that feel. It's tough to be a Hawkeye fan on these boards, he gets s*** on constantly. These people need to read some comics, damnit!
I've read quite a few comics with Hawkeye I just never cared for the character, honestly thought I was alone in not liking him. Everywhere I go I feel like people are nuts about Hawkeye and I'm just

Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Old 11-21-2013, 12:22 PM   #291
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Pretty funny remake of the trailer with all the bloopers. The schwarma scene at the end had me rolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrin Parker View Post
I've read quite a few comics with Hawkeye I just never cared for the character, honestly thought I was alone in not liking him. Everywhere I go I feel like people are nuts about Hawkeye and I'm just
I love Hawkeye and he's badass. Matt Fraction's run on him is brilliant. I've said it before, those who think Hawkeye is lame should read that series. Yeah he got under utilized in The Avengers but Joss said he'll have a bigger role in A:AOU.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 11-21-2013, 01:14 PM   #292
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

I love Hawkeye and he's badass. Matt Fraction's run on him is brilliant. I've said it before, those who think Hawkeye is lame should read that series. Yeah he got under utilized in The Avengers but Joss said he'll have a bigger role in A:AOU.
Yeah I read the first few issues of Matt's series, the art is incredible. I just can't get interested in the character though.

Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Old 11-21-2013, 04:57 PM   #293
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

I hope this doesn't happen in A2

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #294
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post

]
what part of it worries you?

Old 11-21-2013, 10:35 PM   #295
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post

I personally want Janet to be Asian like she was in the Ultimate comics & maybe Avengers: EMH (not sure if she was supposed to be pale white or Asian in that show).

Make Black Panther the Batman of the MCU...just like he is in the comics. I think the general audience will eat him up if he is.
other than being wealthy and wearing a pointy-eared black costume, i'm not sure that he's all that similar to Bruce. T'challa is heir to the throne of a xenophobic and technologically-advanced african kingdom. it's very rare that he does the super-sleuth thing. and his enemies tend to be enemies of the state/politically-motivated. it's like Coming to America w/o the comedy.

Old 11-22-2013, 06:34 AM   #296
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

It would be awesome if the film opened with a mass breakout of supervillains that required the avengers to round up.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #297
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

I think a villain breakout on top of Ultron is too much at this point.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:15 AM   #298
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
I just see it as a legal way of getting around the "mutant" tie-up with fox.
Besides, Inhumans are more like Thanos' own Race on Titan anyway. I can see Marvel using the Inhumans as Earth's variation of the Titan race if they use the Kree influence on both.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 11-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #299
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

lol FUNNY stuff

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 11-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #300
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
other than being wealthy and wearing a pointy-eared black costume, i'm not sure that he's all that similar to Bruce. T'challa is heir to the throne of a xenophobic and technologically-advanced african kingdom. it's very rare that he does the super-sleuth thing. and his enemies tend to be enemies of the state/politically-motivated. it's like Coming to America w/o the comedy.
The setting is wildly different, but as far as being the guy who shows up with super-sleuth answers without actually seeing him super sleuth, T'Challa is just like Batman. In addition to having the same omni-skillset and resources (Lots of money, lots of training in all disciplines, lots of gadgets), they're both referred to as royalty in their setting/domain, which they are extremely territorial over. Aside from Wakanda's threats being largely external and Gotham's threats being internal, their differences are completely superficial. I guess T'Challa deal with mystical stuff more often, but that's about it. I think Priest actually lampshaded it pretty hard when he gave him a robin-colored sidekick for a couple issues.

Last edited by DrCosmic; 11-22-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Closed Thread