The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 06:34 AM   #351
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

girl in eye spy episode had a bionic eye thing. no powers.
girl from most recent episode had no powers, it was a third party all along.
the floating corpses ep didnt involve a serial killer with powers. it was a chitauri virus.

the show keeps, for want of a better term, copping out when it comes to "registered gifteds". it doesnt really make sense to me. maybe they are waiting on confirmation from higher up on what they can and cannot establish.

i think all the people with powers have been due to cosmic influences or the extremis cocktail serum thingo made by centipede.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 11-28-2013, 07:15 AM   #352
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

They can't go too balls out so to speak since everything has to be in sync with the MCU.

Old 11-28-2013, 07:38 AM   #353
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
except it's usually always a misdirect - i'd list examples, but spoilers.

i don't think there's been a genuine registered gifted yet. it's kind of silly in a way.
Chan Ho Yin was a genuine pyrokinetic. Centipede tried to enhance his abilities.

And "registered gifted" doesn't have to refer to any specific mutation, or one-size-fits-all origin story. Superheroes in the MCU, just like in the comics, get their powers from lab accidents, genetic tinkering, radiation, toxic chemicals, aliens, magic, the whole nine yards. I'm sure they consider Iron Man a "registered gifted," and his "powers" are just derived from good ol' nuts 'n' bolts technology.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 11-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #354
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Chan Ho Yin was a genuine pyrokinetic. Centipede tried to enhance his abilities.

And "registered gifted" doesn't have to refer to any specific mutation, or one-size-fits-all origin story. Superheroes in the MCU, just like in the comics, get their powers from lab accidents, genetic tinkering, radiation, toxic chemicals, aliens, magic, the whole nine yards. I'm sure they consider Iron Man a "registered gifted," and his "powers" are just derived from good ol' nuts 'n' bolts technology.
haha, what?

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 11-28-2013, 10:45 PM   #355
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
haha, what?
It's the nature of what makes a superhero, what constitutes superpowers. Iron Man is a superhero, but there's nothing particularly "super" about his origin --- it's just technology that he manufactured himself. Yet SHIELD most likely indexes him as a "registered (or unregistered) gifted," just like Hulk or Thor or Cap.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 11-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #356
cph9fa
Side-Kick

nvm

Old 11-29-2013, 08:58 PM   #357
sabetoonth
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
It's the nature of what makes a superhero, what constitutes superpowers. Iron Man is a superhero, but there's nothing particularly "super" about his origin --- it's just technology that he manufactured himself. Yet SHIELD most likely indexes him as a "registered (or unregistered) gifted," just like Hulk or Thor or Cap.
Except there isnt anything physically super about Tony at all, he's an ******* in a high tech suit. Without that tech he's just an ******* with a lot of money and a high IQ.

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 11-29-2013, 11:03 PM   #358
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabetoonth View Post
Except there isnt anything physically super about Tony at all, he's an ******* in a high tech suit. Without that tech he's just an ******* with a lot of money and a high IQ.
Yes, and? That is exactly *why* he'd be on their list. You don't need physical superpowers; being a genius sufficient to build powered armor in caves with boxes of scraps *is* super.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:04 PM   #359
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Superior intellect? Yes. I would definitely say that would fall under the aforementioned heading.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 11-29-2013, 11:32 PM   #360
Loki882
Side-Kick

the term "gifted" can indeed refer to an extremely high intellect. In fact, that IS the word that's generally used to describe such people in real life. So yes, Tony could very well qualify.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:40 PM   #361
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
the term "gifted" can indeed refer to an extremely high intellect. In fact, that IS the word that's generally used to describe such people in real life. So yes, Tony could very well qualify.
This is true. Gifted is used in real life.

For the superheroes like the Hulk and Ant Man, I consider them as "superhumans" or "Genetically altered"

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 11-30-2013, 12:57 AM   #362
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Stark was lumped in as a freak along with Cap, Thor and Hulk in Avengers for that very reason, along with the arc reactor in his chest.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:23 AM   #363
Loki882
Side-Kick

Plus, Stark wouldn't have either the arc reactor OR the suits to begin with if NOT for his brilliant intellect.

Old 11-30-2013, 11:44 AM   #364
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

And at the end of the day, if you could pick Tony's Intellect or Tony's suit, which would you choose?

Old 11-30-2013, 12:15 PM   #365
AvengerPA
Side-Kick

Tony's intellect is the greater weapon.

Old 11-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #366
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
And at the end of the day, if you could pick Tony's Intellect or Tony's suit, which would you choose?
Tony's intellect, of course. I could build a suit and so much more with that.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #367
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

The intelligence, without a doubt.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 11-30-2013, 12:46 PM   #368
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Tony's intellect because I could use it to make the suit and more. With just Tony's suit, I would just be War Machine.

Old 12-01-2013, 01:42 AM   #369
Loki882
Side-Kick

Ditto, Tony's intellect by far. Without it, you're a guy in a suit of armor and that's it. With it, you have the suits and the potential for so much more.

Old 12-01-2013, 01:53 AM   #370
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Tony Stark's Mind + A Box of Scraps = The World's Greatest Weapons System

'Nuff said.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #371
TheFBI
Side-Kick

Without his intellect Tony would just be some kid with rich dead parents

Old 12-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #372
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Hey everyone, stop agreeing with each other, it's not right. Where am I?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 12-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #373
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

I disagree.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 12-01-2013, 11:52 AM   #374
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

I hate all of you.

Old 12-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #375
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Plus, Tony's intellect is eternal while the Iron Man suit is temporarily. What happens if it is somehow damaged and you lack the intellect to fix it?

Closed Thread