The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #701
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Uhhh, excuse my confusion. Afro....Brazilian?
Sunspot's dad is a black guy from Brazil. Brazil has more black people than anywhere on the planet except Africa.

http://myth-smith.com/
Old 12-13-2013, 04:02 PM   #702
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Cheadle needs more screen time. He's such a good actor, and War Machine is such a badass. I'm just worried that they're adding him just to get him killed off or something. Because you know, the Black guy is always the first one to go.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 12-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #703
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

I think possibly Tony could be the one to die, if anyone, although I hope no one does. He'd have the biggest impact on the General Audience I would think, especially if he's a key role in bringing Ultron to life. And then of course he'll be back some way in A3. Killing Rhodey or Hawkguy doesn't seem to weigh as much compared to Tony going down.

But then were stuck with Tony taking a big emotional part of the film like he did already in Avengers, which I personally had no problem with but I really want to see Cap shine in this film and become the central face of the Avengers.

There's so many awesome things that can happen, I can't wait! Hopefully I don't spoil myself too much.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 12-13-2013, 07:48 PM   #704
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!

I'm expecting two members to die actually. One to raise the stakes, one for the cost of victory.

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Old 12-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #705
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
I'm expecting two members to die actually. One to raise the stakes, one for the cost of victory.
Who would your choices (victims) be? Lol.

I could see the raise the stakes being another non-super guy like Coulson, or maybe like Quicksilver? Or even a MoE guy if they show up, like the team is fighting them and Ultron just blasts one for not doing his plan and everyone is just like, "whoa!"

The cost of Victory one could again be Tony in my eyes, I really don't want to lost Cap, Thor, Hulk, or any other member.

I'm most curious about that one interview jut posted where it was saying the team is basically in shambles by the end of this movie and basically broken up. I'm wondering if that comes from inter-squad differences or the scale of the battle really weighing on the team and the separate, or something different altogether.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 12-14-2013, 11:08 AM   #706
metaphysician
Side-Kick

*shakes head* You guys all do realize your arguing waaaay ahead of actual facts, right? We have precisely no evidence that anyone dies in the movie at all, let alone Rhodey specifically. The outrage and offense is more than a little premature.

Old 12-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #707
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
*shakes head* You guys all do realize your arguing waaaay ahead of actual facts, right? We have precisely no evidence that anyone dies in the movie at all, let alone Rhodey specifically. The outrage and offense is more than a little premature.
The Hollywood Standard is....if a black guy joins a team in an action film or an horror film, he'll be the first to die.

This is why the assumption is that Rhodey will die.

It would be really stupid of Marvel to do, because one of my beefs with the MCU is the lack of diversity.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10

Last edited by Dr. Evil; 12-14-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #708
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:

An enterprising young person could make a killing selling these things around here.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 12-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #709
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Black Heroes in the Avengers:

- War Machine
- Luke Cage
- Black Panther
- Falcon
- Monica Rambeau
There is a chance we might see Bill Foster (Black/Goliath, Giant-Man 2) in Ant-Man although he probably won't have powers in the movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Is Sunspot Black?
He is half black. In his first appearance in the New Mutants his powers manifested during a soccer game when he was racially abused by players on the opposition team.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #710
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
There is a chance we might see Bill Foster (Black/Goliath, Giant-Man 2) in Ant-Man although he probably won't have powers in the movie.
Not like it matters. We won't see him in other movies anyways.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 12-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #711
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Who knows they might use him in something like Agents Of Shield.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:27 PM   #712
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Who knows they might use him in something like Agents Of Shield.
Not if Bill Foster takes place in the 70's.

It's like the Howling Commandos. Unless the rumored Peggy Carter series comes to fruition or they make uncredited cameos in Cap 2, we may never see any of them ever again, except for maybe Dum Dum Dugan.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:28 PM   #713
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Why do you think Bill Foster will be from the 70's?

Old 12-14-2013, 12:35 PM   #714
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Why do you think Bill Foster will be from the 70's?
He's closely associated with Pym. If Pym is from the 70's, then Foster could also be from the 70's.

But even if Pym is present day, Foster will only be in one movie. However, if the actor who plays Foster is a known enough name, he may show up in more than one movie.

If Foster shows up in this movie and we have Black Panther with his own solo project, that leaves one major Black Avenger left we have not seen in the MCU:

Last edited by Dr. Evil; 12-14-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:39 PM   #715
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I don't think Ant-Man takes place in the 70's

Old 12-14-2013, 12:42 PM   #716
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
I don't think Ant-Man takes place in the 70's
I hope not because I want to see Hank, Janet and Lang join the Avengers as Giant Man, Wasp and Ant Man.

If Foster debuts in Ant Man and BP gets his own solo film, this leaves Monica Rambeau as the only major Black Avenger who has not shown up in the MCU.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #717
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
You do realize that this is just a fan site, and in fact, and thread with the word "speculation" in the title, right? People are just having fun speciulating. No need to harsh their buzz. Just push yourself away from the table and let everyone talk.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:26 PM   #718
KnightGambit
Side-Kick

Quote:
woah where did this even come from?

Old 12-14-2013, 01:26 PM   #719
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
I wouldnt be surprised to see one emotional death (Tony perhaps) and the sacrificial death (Scarlet Witch).

Not what I *want* but just a theory.

Old 12-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #720
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightGambit View Post
woah where did this even come from?
Just speculating.

Marvel likes diverse casts in their movies and if Pym is in Ant-Man he will have a supporting cast. Bill is the closet thing he has to a Rhodey or Sam Wilson or Happy.

Old 12-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #721
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
The villain is Ultron. That alone should tell you somebody is going to die.

1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 12-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #722
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I think if anyone dies it'll be Scarlet Witch. She's probably easiest to bring back. But I dont really think anyone will die just because its ultron.

Old 12-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #723
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

I doubt anyone will die. CP and Thor still have franchises going strong marvel has talked about tony being in the avengers 3 I believe, and after how popular he was in the first movie, I doubt they would kill off the hulk

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10, Maze Runner- 8/10
Old 12-14-2013, 03:54 PM   #724
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
I think if anyone dies it'll be Scarlet Witch. She's probably easiest to bring back. But I dont really think anyone will die just because its ultron.
I hope somebody dies. This is Ultron we're talking about, I'm sure he's going to kill an Avenger or someone close to the Avengers.

Old 12-14-2013, 05:13 PM   #725
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
If Foster shows up in this movie and we have Black Panther with his own solo project, that leaves one major Black Avenger left we have not seen in the MCU:
Foster was never a "major" Avenger. I'm not sure if he's ever been an Avenger period.

http://myth-smith.com/
Closed Thread