The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 04:11 PM   #801
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compi716 View Post
Interesting. The guy said...
Quote:
In "Age Of Ultron," Baron Von Strucker is the initial threat, the guy they're fighting at the start of the film. He does not have a major ongoing role in the film, but he is responsible for bringing Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch into contact with the Avengers in the first place, since they start the film working either with or or the Baron. If you look at this like a James Bond movie, Von Strucker's the bad guy they'll take care of in the pre-credits sequence before they move into the main story. Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch have a complicated journey in this film, and the question of whether they're good or bad is one of the big things driving the movie overall.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 12-20-2013, 04:11 PM   #802
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
MMmmmm seems plausible.

-Ultron
-Strucker
-Abomination
-Crossbones
-Quicksilver
-Scarlet Which
-At least one more person

MASTERS OF EVIL!!!!!

Just speculating folks.
Winter Soldier! (but going for a redemption angle)

Old 12-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #803
TeeKay
Side-Kick

I think it's important for SW and QS to be connected with a bad guy and since it can't be Magneto, Baron is a good choice. He can even be their father or he could have found them abandoned and raised them as his own children. They need the daddy issues!

1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 12-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #804
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Why, is JJ Abrams directing this?

But seriously I don't see the need to crowbar a different villain in there just so they can have parental issues just because that's the way it is in teh comix!!1!

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 12-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #805
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Baron doesn't have a big role, he's just appearing at the start and then he's gone according to HitFlix. Anyways, Marvel are apparently looking at Marton Csokas and Dougray Scott for the role.

Last edited by TeeKay; 12-20-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #806
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

I know, and that would make him an even worse choice for the twins father.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 12-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #807
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Quote:
I think it's important for SW and QS to be connected with a bad guy and since it can't be Magneto, Baron is a good choice. He can even be their father or he could have found them abandoned and raised them as his own children. They need the daddy issues!
Interesting you mention this because the moment I read about Von Strucker I thought his kids, the Fenris twins, might be used alongside the Maximoffs against the Avengers... Then I thought, crap, what if they're going to swap Pietro and Wanda for Andreas and Andrea... I'm not a fan of that idea so I hope that's not the case.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #808
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Well I certainly hope not. I know I suggested it because it could make sense and Whedon might just go that route, but I hope he doesn't go that way.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:35 PM   #809
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Sweet, I wonder how they'll be assembled in the first place at the start of the film. I'm guessing any potential HYDRA-related threats in Cap 2 will plant the seeds for it. Then once they're dealing with the Maximoffs they'll construct Ultron and all hell will break loose.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #810
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
Sweet, I wonder how they'll be assembled in the first place at the start of the film. I'm guessing any potential HYDRA-related threats in Cap 2 will plant the seeds for it. Then once they're dealing with the Maximoffs they'll construct Ultron and all hell will break loose.
I'm guessing we will see The Avengers reassemble in the mid-credit scene of The Winter Soldier or something because Feige did say The Winter Soldier has the biggest tie-in into AOU.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #811
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Alexander P = Baron VOn Strucker

Old 12-20-2013, 05:26 PM   #812
Ant-manic
Banned User

if they are strucker's kids, i'm guessing that they are no longer part jewish.?

Old 12-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #813
eddy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Why, is JJ Abrams directing this?

But seriously I don't see the need to crowbar a different villain in there just so they can have parental issues just because that's the way it is in teh comix!!1!
Joss Whedon had daddy issues on lock before J.J. had a Bristow or a Shepard in his eye.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #814
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

I'd be totally down if Strucker turned out to be Red Skull. It's like what they tried to do with Mandarin, but instead of making someone AWESOME a nobody in disguise, they'd make a B-list villain into an A-for-AWESOME list villain.

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Old 12-20-2013, 05:32 PM   #815
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Baron doesn't have a big role, he's just appearing at the start and then he's gone according to HitFlix. Anyways, Marvel are apparently looking at Marton Csokas and Dougray Scott for the role.

sounds more like Baron Zemo than Strucker.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:42 PM   #816
Loki882
Side-Kick

So Strucker took over HYDRA after the Red Skull disappeared, that would make sense.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #817
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Like that they're replacing the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants with HYDRA here. My guess is that after HYDRA resurfaces in Cap 2 the Avengers make it their mission to surpress them, which leads into Avengers 2.

And of course, seeing Von Strucker is awesome. I wonder if he'll get a cameo or after credo scene in Cap 2?

Old 12-20-2013, 10:20 PM   #818
Rock Sexton
Banned User

I'm totally down for Strucker being played by Marton Csokas, if the casting rumors are true. He was awesome as Guy de Lusginan in "Kingdom of Heaven" .

Old 12-20-2013, 10:31 PM   #819
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Like I said in the von Strucker thread, I'm certain von Strucker will show up in AOS and have a bigger role there than this movie (assuming AOS is still on in 2015).

Old 12-20-2013, 11:40 PM   #820
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
Interesting you mention this because the moment I read about Von Strucker I thought his kids, the Fenris twins, might be used alongside the Maximoffs against the Avengers... Then I thought, crap, what if they're going to swap Pietro and Wanda for Andreas and Andrea... I'm not a fan of that idea so I hope that's not the case.
Damn....I think you and TeeKay may be onto something here. "Scarlet Witch" and "Quicksilver" may not turn out to be Wanda and Pietro Maximoff at all, but Andrea and Andreas von Strucker. It'd definitely be a way to dodge the whole Magneto angle. If that turns out to be the case, I'm not sure that's a really great direction to take, either.

Plus, we get to start discussing incest again. Yay. Andrea and Andreas are even more inbred than Ultimate Wanda & Pietro.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 12-21-2013, 12:38 AM   #821
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Quote:
Damn your theories sound better than mines

Old 12-21-2013, 03:25 AM   #822
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
When I heard the Strucker rumor my first thought was that he would have the same relationship to the twins that Magneto had prior to the 80s retcon. In their first appearances at Magneto's side, Wanda & Pietro were more or less unwilling accomplices in his anti-human terrorism. He was less a father figure to them than a slavemaster who forced them to aid his Brotherhood with constant threats of punishment once they decided that they disagreed with his tactics. Eventually they broke away from Magneto's malign influence and became Avengers, of course.

Strucker could serve the same function in the narrative without actually being their biological father. The fact that he is a Nazi and Wanda & Pietro are of Jewish and Roma parentage would make the dynamic between them even more charged.

Old 12-21-2013, 06:13 AM   #823
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

I really wouldn't be surprised if the Maximoff's are his kids. Not going as far as to rename them Andrea and Andreas, after von Strucker's kids in the comics though.

Come to think of it, I actually don't mind that theory.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 12-21-2013, 07:04 AM   #824
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I hope Dougray Scott gets the Von Strucker role if only to make up for him having to drop out of the Wolverine role in X-Men because MI2 had reshoots and over ran.

Have Von Strucker adopt the Maximoffs after their mother died.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:20 AM   #825
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
I really wouldn't be surprised if the Maximoff's are his kids. Not going as far as to rename them Andrea and Andreas, after von Strucker's kids in the comics though.

Come to think of it, I actually don't mind that theory.
Yeah, I don't think Joss would call them Andrea and Andreas. Calling them "Wanda and Pietro Von Strucker" sounds likely --- a combination of the two sets of twins.

I guess it makes sense in a lot of ways, both in-story and behind the scenes. The age difference between Olsen/Johnson and Scott or Csokas is right; gives the twins a Germanic heritage; retains the same basic storyline of the twins trying to escape an evil father and a criminal past; simplifies a *very* convoluted comic-book origin down to "terrorist leader dad does genetic experimentation on his own children, turns them into supervillains"; and bypasses the legal confusion over naming them "Maximoffs."

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Closed Thread