The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #151
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

I like how all of the Avengers kill. Sets them apart from the JL. Every Avengers member in the MCU has killed before.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #152
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

I agree. I like that aspect. They do what needs to be done, but are still heroes. One has been a warrior for hundreds of years, one is a super soldier from ww2, and two are shield assassins. Lol. It only makes sense.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Old 11-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #153
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Maybe he wasn't *allowed* to mention that to anyone.....

Someone in one of the Cap threads came up with an interesting question: what if Winter Soldier was sent to assassinate Howard Stark, and the car "accident" that killed him back then was no accident...?
This is very possible.

Quote:
By extension, if Zola and (Howard) Stark were working together on a black ops "Project Ultron" in the 70s, and the operation went fubar (or at least showed signs of it), how would Zola react if Howard tried to shine a light on it to get it shut down?
Then why didn't Zola ever try using him again? Especially if he killed the guy who could stop the project already? I think there are holes in this idea.

Quote:
I dunno....I've never seen any evidence that Tony just wants to lead a normal life. He genuinely relishes his role as a superhero, so I don't see him wanting to create a proxy and fully autonomous Iron Man to do his work for him. If that was truly his goal, wouldn't he just back off and let Rhodey handle hero duty as WM/IP? Or even give him the Iron Man suit outright, as he did in the comics from time to time?
He did blow up his Iron Man suits in Iron Man 3 symbolically to lessen the distractions in his life. I think this could very well be an extension of that. Rhodey works for the government. He is limited by orders. Stark exists outside of that, so maybe he was trying to create an artificial hero that wasn't limited by the whims of corrupt bureaucrats.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #154
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
Then why is Deadpool only with Fox? I consider him as much of a "street hero" as he is an X-Men character.
A) because he's a mutant

B) ummm he's still HEAVILY tied into the X-men universe... and there characters. Hell the new game was full of X-men even.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 11-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #155
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
I agree. I like that aspect. They do what needs to be done, but are still heroes. One has been a warrior for hundreds of years, one is a super soldier from ww2, and two are shield assassins. Lol. It only makes sense.
I don't think their use of deadly force is a virtue, per se. Rather, I think what is a virtue is how the story *rejects* the regular comic book idea of non-lethality as the sole measure of heroism.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #156
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Do you guys think we'll hear Thor say his classic line, "Ultron we will have words with thee", in this movie?

Last edited by TeeKay; 11-12-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #157
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Did y guys see this?

http://www.tiki-toki.com/timeline/en...11-13_07:43:17!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/83f2ffc92...dteyo1_500.gif
Old 11-12-2013, 07:31 PM   #158
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I don't think Stark will willingly create Ultron, but I think his tech will be used. They already laid some of the groundwork for it by showing that he's building autonomous units that can fight his battles without him actually being in the suit. By the end of IM3, the units were controlling themselves.
Not true. Jarvis was controlling them. Thought that was pretty clear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
That's actually really cool.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #159
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

awesome timeline, can't wait to see the AoS and TtDW updates once it's clear where they fall

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 11-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #160
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Not true. Jarvis was controlling them. Thought that was pretty clear
Yes. I know. JARVIS is an AI and not Tony Stark, which was my point. Tony wasn't controlling anything.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #161
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Half serious and half joking. I was joking about the way I phrased it but serious in the sense that he picked the worst time possible to present his idea to Tony, then acts all surprised and has an entire outlook on life because his attempt failed, then we are meant to feel sympathetic for him due to it (at least at first).

Let me rewrite that in a more serious way. You are at a huge party on New Years Eve 1999. This is arguably the most exciting night of the millennium and people just want to relax and enjoy themselves. Even the world's greatest accomplishers would want to relax on such night. You see someone you admire that you want to present your project to. It is common decency to leave them alone if you see them having a good time and not hit them in the head with some big work project. Of course that "leaving him/her alone" doesn't mean not talking to them at all. You can still communicate with them, still have drinks with them, still briefly bring up your project/idea on the side and ask the person you admire if he is interested in seeing it, etc.

However, Killian conducts himself in the most unprofessional way possible. He follows Tony to the elevator, bombards him with tons of information on his research as he is in the middle of something and then expects to cut some sort of agreement with him that same sign. He doesn't seem to realize that his chances at getting Tony's attention would have been significantly higher had he approached him in a more subtle way at the party or if he had approached him the next morning/day during a more quiet appropriate time? I don't see how it would even be debatable that his chances would have been significantly higher had he picked a better time and/or a better way to conduct himself. I don't feel sympathy for Killian due to that. It is almost as if he half-ass'd a resume then was shocked he didn't get the job.
He clearly doesn't realize. He has no social cognizance whatsoever. When Tony says they'll meet on the roof, any real person would realize they were getting punk'd and walked away. Not Killian, he believed it 100%, and never questioned it until he started contemplating suicide. Killian didn't act surprised, he was genuinely shocked that partying or sex could be considered more important than world changing research. Genuinely shocked that someone respectable like Tony Stark would, *gasp* LIE! This guy doesn't even know how to dress, and you honestly think he is capable of party etiquette and subtlety!? The movie went to comically absurd lengths to drive home his social ineptitude and innocence. Until this conversation I thought they overdid it, but apparently they didn't go far enough for some.

Quote:
As for him being out for "personal gain", what I was referring to his the presumed deal he would sign with Tony. He would help veterans get their limbs back, but would also gain some wealth + fame from that. Hence him trying to "cockblock" Tony for "personal gain" .

This is a guy who lives his life for fame and fortune?

Old 11-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #162
gurkle2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Do you guys think we'll hear Thor say his classic line, "Ultron we will have words with thee", in this movie?
I wish, but the movie version of Thor doesn't talk like that, so it would be weird for him to say "thee" all of a sudden. And without it the line doesn't pack the same punch.

Old 11-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #163
SilentWarriorZ
men of bats

what if ultron is jarvis jr ?

Old 11-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #164
HUMANIMAL

Jarvis: i am your father
Ultron: noooooooooo!!!!!

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 11-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #165
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

http://www.npr.org/blogs/codeswitch/...edium=facebook

Quote:
What The New Ms. Marvel Means For Muslims In Comics

Old 11-13-2013, 10:16 PM   #166
Dr. Evil
Gamora

When does this film shoot anyways?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-13-2013, 10:21 PM   #167
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

It would be cool to have some version of it. Movie Thor doesn't do the "thee, thou" thing.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MYTH-...31161003585134
Old 11-14-2013, 06:08 AM   #168
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
Nice Idea.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #169
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
When does this film shoot anyways?
February/March I think.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 11-14-2013, 11:06 AM   #170
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
February/March I think.
If Jeremy Renner returns for Mission Impossible 5, it may conflict with this film.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #171
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Given we already know the MI5 filming date, it will. Puzzled as to why the start is so early; Star Wars filming around that time is sensible because it's going to be the biggest ****ing movie ever and has tons of effects shots that need completing, but Mission Impossible is a spy franchise with mostly practical effects. Skyfall was announced, filmed and released in the space of a year. I don't see why this needs 22 months to get made...

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 11-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #172
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
He clearly doesn't realize. He has no social cognizance whatsoever. When Tony says they'll meet on the roof, any real person would realize they were getting punk'd and walked away. Not Killian, he believed it 100%, and never questioned it until he started contemplating suicide. Killian didn't act surprised, he was genuinely shocked that partying or sex could be considered more important than world changing research. Genuinely shocked that someone respectable like Tony Stark would, *gasp* LIE! This guy doesn't even know how to dress, and you honestly think he is capable of party etiquette and subtlety!? The movie went to comically absurd lengths to drive home his social ineptitude and innocence. Until this conversation I thought they overdid it, but apparently they didn't go far enough for some.
....That's exactly my point. I know Killian has no clue about how basic societal and human interactions work. That's not my issue. My issue with the film is the film's attitude/opinion towards what happened in 1999. At least up until the reveal, the film tries to paint Killian as a sympathetic character and acts as if Killian being a villain is Tony's fault almost in the same way how the Joker's body counts are Batman's fault. That is my issue. It is entirely Killian's own stupid fault for approaching Tony in the most unprofessional way possible and failing to get his attention, something we both seem to agree on. It is not what happened that I take issue with but the film's opinion on who was at fault over what happened that I take issue with (at least in the first half). That idea really bugs me.

Quote:

This is a guy who lives his life for fame and fortune?
Well, he does have that "I will take over the world!" charicatural villain face in this shot.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #173
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
....That's exactly my point. I know Killian has no clue about how basic societal and human interactions work. That's not my issue. My issue with the film is the film's attitude/opinion towards what happened in 1999. At least up until the reveal, the film tries to paint Killian as a sympathetic character and acts as if Killian being a villain is Tony's fault almost in the same way how the Joker's body counts are Batman's fault. That is my issue. It is entirely Killian's own stupid fault for approaching Tony in the most unprofessional way possible and failing to get his attention, something we both seem to agree on. It is not what happened that I take issue with but the film's opinion on who was at fault over what happened that I take issue with (at least in the first half). That idea really bugs me.
So you hold people at fault who don't know any better, as opposed to the self absorbed liars they believe? That's interesting.

The difference with Batman & Joker is that it wasn't Tony's ignoring him that made him what he is, it was Tony's deliberately cruel practical joke made at the expense of Killian's life's work. Batman simply doesn't act as Joker's judge and jury. We can hold, I don't know, the government responsible for Joker's actions. We can't hold anyone but Tony responsible for putting Killian on a roof by himself to contemplate life.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #174
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
Given we already know the MI5 filming date, it will. Puzzled as to why the start is so early; Star Wars filming around that time is sensible because it's going to be the biggest ****ing movie ever and has tons of effects shots that need completing, but Mission Impossible is a spy franchise with mostly practical effects. Skyfall was announced, filmed and released in the space of a year. I don't see why this needs 22 months to get made...
It may also mean that Hawkeye will be recast (they've done it before) or they give him a major role in AoU only to kill him off.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #175
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

A little nervous What do y guys think?

Quote:
Marvel President Kevin Feige discussed the rights issue withe Quicksilver and how different these characters will be presented in both films.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Closed Thread