The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Who do you want as Wonder Woman?
Olga Kurylenko 35 28.46%
Jaimie Alexander 75 60.98%
Cal Gadot 11 8.94%
Elodie Yung 2 1.63%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
Rorschach2012
$
 
Rorschach2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 10,433
Default If it's WW, who do you want? Poll

You must choose


Oops, it's Gal Gadot.


Last edited by Rorschach2012; 11-08-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #2
Chip Chipperson
FOR YOU
 
Chip Chipperson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,786
Default Re: If it's WW, who do you want? Poll

Idris Elba or Benedict Cumberbatch

Chip Chipperson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #3
Rorschach2012
$
 
Rorschach2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 10,433
Default Re: If it's WW, who do you want? Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
Idris Elba or Benedict Cumberbatch
Come on, that's overused now

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #4
dnno1
Side-Kick
 
dnno1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,653
Default Re: If it's WW, who do you want? Poll

Jamie Alexander is not in the running. According to Variety, there is another actress being considered. I tbink that person is our Wonder Woman.

__________________
Dno
dnno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #5
smashmode
House Stark
 
smashmode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,592
Default Re: If it's WW, who do you want? Poll

Team Olga

smashmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:12 PM   #6
SpideyFan866
Hero Support
 
SpideyFan866's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 16,354
Default Re: If it's WW, who do you want? Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
Jamie Alexander is not in the running. According to Variety, there is another actress being considered. I tbink that person is our Wonder Woman.
Variety was speculating that Alexander might not be in the running.


She is.

SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #7
smashmode
House Stark
 
smashmode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,592
Default Re: If it's WW, who do you want? Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Variety was speculating that Alexander might not be in the running.


She is.

Are you her agent? honestly, what makes their speculation necessarily wrong?

smashmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #8
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!
 
LEVITIKUZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 8,254
Default Re: If it's WW, who do you want? Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
Idris Elba or Benedict Cumberbatch
Don't be an idiot.

Michael Fassbender.

LEVITIKUZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #9
SpideyFan866
Hero Support
 
SpideyFan866's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 16,354
Default Re: If it's WW, who do you want? Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashmode View Post
Are you her agent? honestly, what makes their speculation necessarily wrong?
I'm not saying its wrong. I'm saying its not necessarily right either. Particularly, due to the reason behind their speculation (that she is already in a Marvel role) And considering that she herself confirmed that some "discussions" were underway, its looks that way. If their reasoning was valid, I doubt they'd consider it to begin with.

However, I understand your point. Please try to understand.


Last edited by SpideyFan866; 11-08-2013 at 02:27 PM.
SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #10
dnno1
Side-Kick
 
dnno1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,653
Default Re: If it's WW, who do you want? Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Variety was speculating that Alexander might not be in the running.


She is.
No, Variety said that Alexander's obligation to future Marvel pictures takes her out of the running. That's not speculation, but rather a factual statement.

__________________
Dno
dnno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #11
ЯɘvlveR
danneB
 
ЯɘvlveR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,085
Default Re: If it's WW, who do you want? Poll

i like elodie yung's look. I'd have to see her in something before i think she should be ww, since alexander may be out of the race.

__________________
All your data are belong to Braniac.
ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #12
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 738
Default Re: If it's WW, who do you want? Poll

Can't we have more choices?

Kryptonian Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:48 PM   #13
SpideyFan866
Hero Support
 
SpideyFan866's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 16,354
Default Re: If it's WW, who do you want? Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
No, Variety said that Alexander's obligation to future Marvel pictures takes her out of the running. That's not speculation, but rather a factual statement.
They state it like a fact rather than an opinion, or speculation, but that doesn't mean it is.

Quote:
Schmoes Know reported earlier in the week that Kurylenko had auditioned, and sources add there is a possibility a fourth actress could be added to the list. Recent reports suggested “Thor” thesp Jaimie Alexander would be up for the part but Alexander’s obligation to future Marvel pics takes her out of the running since it’s a DC comics property.
To me, that just sounds like someone's opinion or first thought on the matter, because who wouldn't think that at first glance? Since she is under contract to appear in a role in certain Marvel films, she presumably wouldn't be able to appear in any CBMs outside of those, especially DC.

However, if that really was an issue for her, Marvel, or DC, I doubt the discussions that we KNOW they've had about the role would have even happened to begin with.

Could I be wrong? Yes, but so could they and, particularly, you.

It could go either way.

All I'm saying is, don't hitch your wagon on her being out of the running, because outside of a questionably worded statement on the matter from Variety (and only Variety), nothing indicates that Jamie Alexander is out of the running.

SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #14
Rowsdower!
Infinity and beyond
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: On my throne
Posts: 16,979
Default Re: If it's WW, who do you want? Poll

I don't really want any of them, but of the four, I'll go with Olga. She's a better actress than Jaimie and Gal. Never seen Elodie in anything other than her brief appearance in Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, so I can't really comment on her, though I don't think she looks the part.

__________________
Viola Davis for Amanda Waller
John Bernthal for Deadshot
Jensen Ackles for Convenience Store Clerk #2
Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #15
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!
 
jonathancrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Caverns in Arkham Island
Posts: 6,869
Default Re: If it's WW, who do you want? Poll

Why is Benedict Cumberbatch not on the poll? I was going to go for him, but since he was absent, thought I'd go for Cranston, who was also absent. What kind of poll is this?

In all seriousness, I have not heard of the other actresses, save Alexander. I think she would be fine, but would not her as my choice, until I have better knowledge to inform my selection.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Aaron
"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #16
SpideyFan866
Hero Support
 
SpideyFan866's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 16,354
Default Re: If it's WW, who do you want? Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I don't really want any of them, but of the four, I'll go with Olga. She's a better actress than Jaimie and Gal. Never seen Elodie in anything other than her brief appearance in Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, so I can't really comment on her, though I don't think she looks the part.
I disagree.

Jamie is as good an actress as Olga, and looks the part as much as she does.

As far as the other two, Yung would be an okay choice, but Gadot is just not.

SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #17
dnno1
Side-Kick
 
dnno1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,653
Default Re: If it's WW, who do you want? Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
They state it like a fact rather than an opinion, or speculation, but that doesn't mean it is.



To me, that just sounds like someone's opinion or first thought on the matter, because who wouldn't think that at first glance? Since she is under contract to appear in a role in certain Marvel films, she presumably wouldn't be able to appear in any CBMs outside of those, especially DC.

However, if that really was an issue for her, Marvel, or DC, I doubt the discussions that we KNOW they've had about the role would have even happened to begin with.

Could I be wrong? Yes, but so could they and, particularly, you.

It could go either way.

All I'm saying is, don't hitch your wagon on her being out of the running, because outside of a questionably worded statement on the matter from Variety (and only Variety), nothing indicates that Jamie Alexander is out of the running.
Dude, the only reason why Alexander's name came up was to draw attention to the fact that she was starring in "Thor 2" which will be in theaters starting this week. The Marvel folks were leveraging the sensation of the search for Wonder Woman to lure people to theaters to see their film (studios do this all the time). The truth of the matter is that she will be in Thor 3 and will need to be available for filming not to mention her obligations to Thor 2 (appearances at openings around the world, interviews, et. al.). It is highly unlikely that they would wait up for her to do filming on Superman/Batman when they certainly have a short list of actresses that they could choose for the role. This is not opinion, it is common sense.

__________________
Dno
dnno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #18
TheNextNolan22
Dawn of Justice
 
TheNextNolan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: BatFleck Cave
Posts: 34,230
Default Re: If it's WW, who do you want? Poll

Not too high on any of them aside from Jamie, but I'd choose Olga or her if it had to come down to 2 choices. I do think Olga would make an awesome Mercy Graves.

__________________
*T. H. E. M.*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Comics fans have been spoiled ****ing rotten over the years, and as soon as DC doesn't kiss their asses as efficiently as Marvel does, they throw internet s***fits. I'm over that stuff.

Last edited by TheNextNolan22; 11-08-2013 at 06:56 PM.
TheNextNolan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #19
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick
 
NosfeRomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,461
Default Re: If it's WW, who do you want? Poll

If that's the case then it is really unethical to use another company's character to lure people to see your movie. I understand this is war but come on ! really ?

__________________
We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
NosfeRomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #20
Boom
I got nothin'
 
Boom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sitting on the nitpicket fence
Posts: 32,140
Default Re: If it's WW, who do you want? Poll

My understanding is that legally, Marvel cannot prevent Alexander from working on another movie (even a competitor's) unless it directly conflicts with her involvement in a Marvel film that she is contractually obligated to.

There is no "no compete" clause in California, if I recall.

__________________
Everything in this post is my fault.
Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #21
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick
 
DIRECTOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Somewhere?
Posts: 8,169
Default Re: If it's WW, who do you want? Poll

pics please, thread is boring

DIRECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #22
godisawesome
Side-Kick
 
godisawesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,437
Default Re: If it's WW, who do you want? Poll

All these ladies are stunning, and Kurylenko and Alexander seem like charismatic actors who could hold their own. Still haven't seen Anouilh of the other two.

I will say that Alexander has a build that I think heartens more to an athletic warrior, though. Probably the main reason she has her current gig. Her shoulders look more intimidating, but that could just be the costuming department doing a good job.

__________________
“There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal."

-C.S. Lewis
godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #23
RadioSha
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 619
Default Re: If it's WW, who do you want? Poll

Olivia. WILLLLDDDDEEEEEE

RadioSha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #24
StarLord
Blood Eagle.
 
StarLord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,087
Default Re: If it's WW, who do you want? Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashmode View Post
Team Olga

StarLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:00 PM   #25
Masone
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 909
Default Re: If it's WW, who do you want? Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I don't really want any of them, but of the four, I'll go with Olga. She's a better actress than Jaimie and Gal. Never seen Elodie in anything other than her brief appearance in Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, so I can't really comment on her, though I don't think she looks the part.
This

Masone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.