3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2014, 04:41 AM   #826
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 2

the immortals in 300 at least were disgusting, as they were meant to be. The elf in Thor 2 were... uninteresting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
It's Zryson. Everything he says is so funny.
Naked Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:24 AM   #827
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I'll say it again... The tale we are told at the start of the film, of Thor going from realm to realm leading an Asgardian army to bring peace to other kingdoms and act as an emissary of Odin and Asgard with the Warriors Three in tow already sounds like a better story than macguffin hunt with a side order of by the numbers romance and comedy that we got. For one think THOR would be the main character in such a story, not seemingly an after thought in his own film. It also would have been a better way to continue the themes from the first film.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:26 AM   #828
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Anything would be better than what we got really. Also, I understand that the Marvel studios are going for some levity, but do we really need humor that childish? Family friendly doesn't mean it has to be dumb.

Quote:
Old 07-20-2014, 10:23 PM   #829
SuperSanchez
Super Soldier

I was very disappointed in this film. The story was alright and the villain was underdeveloped and bland. although i can say some good things about this film, Loki was spectacular (as usual) and the relationship between Thor and Loki was great. I did enjoy the mini plot twist right at the end. the action was also pretty good. Even though i was dissapointed, i still enjoyed the movie besides the bad character development for one of the greates thor villains. hopefully the 3rd one will be better i give this film a 6/10

SuperSanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:01 AM   #830
spiderral
Side-Kick

I finally got round to watching this film yesterday and boy, I can't say it was that good...
The first half of the film was very boring and I was hardly engaged. The film only really picked up just before Loki was broken out of his cell by Thor. Malekith was terrible, the Aether just seemed like another Tesseract, his army were a little too similar to the Chitari for my liking and the whole "turning the entire universe into darkness" plot line seemed too cliché. Special effects were a bit weird at times, and what was with the weird colour scheme used and the blurry backgrounds? It looked like something out of 300. At least Asgard still looked nice. I enjoyed seeing Loki and Thor team-up but Thor's action sequences on his own weren't that good. The final battle was a little too reminiscent of the IM3 final battle for my liking; Thor jumping into different worlds/Tony jumping into different Iron Man suits. As SuperSanchez said, the little plot twist at the end was good, leaving some crazy possibilities for a sequel.
This film had the potential to be very good, just as good as the Thor film but was frankly a disappoint, nothing special and quite boring. 5.5/10

spiderral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:49 AM   #831
The_Manhunter
Side-Kick

This movie is so underrated. One of my favorites of the MCU.

1. The Dark Knight 2. Man of Steel 3. Guardians of the Galaxy 4. The Avengers 5. The Dark Knight Rises 6. Thor: The Dark World 7. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 8. Batman Begins 9. Thor 10. Iron Man
The_Manhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:27 PM   #832
flash13
Wally West

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Manhunter View Post
Mine too. The character interactions are so fun and the action is great.

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 8/10
GODZILLA 8/10
X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST 9/10
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 7.5/10
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay: Part 1, November 21

Avengers: Age of Ultron, May 1
Jurassic World, June 12
The Fantastic Four, June 19
Ant-Man, July 31
Assassin's Creed, August 7

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay: Part 2, November 20
Star Wars: Episode VII, December 18
flash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:12 AM   #833
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

It falls short of what it could have been: the crowning jewel of phase 2.
Minimal growth for Thor, unlike other established MCU characters.
A gross misrepresentation of his powers. He seemed more dependent on Mjolnir than ever.
A waste of an excellent actor in a poorly written villain that Malekith turned out to be.
An Odin written completely out of character based on the previous film.
Lack of finesse in handling humor.

The movie isn't bad, it's just a letdown.

Old 09-11-2014, 11:11 AM   #834
The_Manhunter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
It falls short of what it could have been: the crowning jewel of phase 2.
Minimal growth for Thor, unlike other established MCU characters.
A gross misrepresentation of his powers. He seemed more dependent on Mjolnir than ever.
A waste of an excellent actor in a poorly written villain that Malekith turned out to be.
An Odin written completely out of character based on the previous film.
Lack of finesse in handling humor.

The movie isn't bad, it's just a letdown.
1. I don't think anyone expected it to be the crowning jewel of Phase 2 - that would be Avengers 2 (for most people I think). And how did Thor not grow as a character? At the beginning of the film he was trying to restore order across the 9 realms and preparing for his future as king. By the end of the movie, his disagreements with Odin made him realize that he would not be right for the throne, and he told him as much. It doesn't matter in that final conversation that it was really Loki, Thor thought he was talking to Odin, so the meaning of his words is exactly what he said there, and they match up well with the rest of the film, which basically happens because he disagrees with Odin's rules and strategies.

2. How were his powers mis-represented? They seemed fine to me.

3. I disagree on Malekith, I thought Eccleston put in a fantastic performance and that he was exactly what the movie needed - a menacing but personal (for the Asgardians) villain that caused plenty of mayhem and was a serious threat to the heroes.

4. How was Odin out of character? I really don't see it at all.

5. I admit some of the humor went over-board (IMO at least), but that was mostly the Earth stuff. The rest of it was fine - I thought Loki was particularly hilarious, and I liked Jane's fish-out-of-water experience on Asgard.

The only way this movie let me down was regarding the amount of time spent on Earth, but I can get over that because the movie as a whole was so freaking good. It altered both Thor's world and the MCU as a whole (Loki as Odin, the Infinity Stones reveal). That and the Lord of the Rings vibe made it my 3rd favorite MCU film, behind only GOTG and Avengers.

Just to be clear, not trying to insult you or anything, I just see complaints like these about the movie and it bugs me because IMO people don't look hard enough to find the answers to their questions about this movie. Also, the Cap fanboys gushing over TWS and hating on this movie annoys me as well. While a good film, TWS is not the masterpiece that some make it out to be. I just find the Thor universe and films more, well, cool.

Thanks for reading

1. The Dark Knight 2. Man of Steel 3. Guardians of the Galaxy 4. The Avengers 5. The Dark Knight Rises 6. Thor: The Dark World 7. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 8. Batman Begins 9. Thor 10. Iron Man

Last edited by The_Manhunter; 09-11-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:42 PM   #835
First Avenger
Side-Kick

The last scene of TDW is one of my favourite in the MCU.

First Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 03:46 PM   #836
First Avenger
Side-Kick

Quote:

Same here!

Old 09-12-2014, 03:59 AM   #837
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Same here, and it's apparently a movie people have quite varying opinions of.

I was speaking to a friend playing Marvel Heroes, who's never been much of a Thor fan in the comics, and apparently he only thinks the first Iron Man and GotG are better than any Thor movie in the MCU (yes, not even Avengers). That kind of gives an example of an opposing view to the consistent squeaky wheels that try to make their opinions into fact.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 04:36 PM   #838
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Quote:
Aye! Verily!

Thor: The Dark World is my personal favorite Phase 2 film so far. I've wondered if an extended version would even top The Avengers for me. Sadly we'll probably never get to see one. I was very disappointed with the lack of deleted scenes on the Blu Ray release. I know there's a lot more to this film that we haven't seen.

I love the Thor franchise. It's what's kept me interested in the MCU the most. So Marvel better give Thor his due in Phase 3. I don't like that his films have been the shortest (and that he's had the least screen time in the Avengers next to Hawkeye). Look how much Evan's Cap benefited by all those added character moments? At least they're taking their time with the third installment. We Thor fans need a film as universally loved as the first Iron Man and Winter Soldier.

Ragnaroknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 04:38 PM   #839
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
I was speaking to a friend playing Marvel Heroes, who's never been much of a Thor fan in the comics, and apparently he only thinks the first Iron Man and GotG are better than any Thor movie in the MCU (yes, not even Avengers). That kind of gives an example of an opposing view to the consistent squeaky wheels that try to make their opinions into fact.
That's awesome.

Old 09-13-2014, 07:24 AM   #840
First Avenger
Side-Kick

Yay for some positivity here XD.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:22 AM   #841
warriorking
Side-Kick

I always thought that Thor's runtime was a problem in TDW..
a few more minutes in certain scenes would have done wonders in my opinion, and I don't mean more humor or Darcey...
I look for Thor to get the shaft in AOU in screen time as do many other according to the voting..
I hope I am wrong but it seems to me Thor of all people should play a major role in Ultrons Defeat....

warriorking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:59 AM   #842
Zionite1
Side-Kick

My problem with Thor 2 is that it wasnt Bad but boring.Superman returns style

Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:41 AM   #843
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorking View Post
I always thought that Thor's runtime was a problem in TDW..
a few more minutes in certain scenes would have done wonders in my opinion, and I don't mean more humor or Darcey...
I look for Thor to get the shaft in AOU in screen time as do many other according to the voting..
I hope I am wrong but it seems to me Thor of all people should play a major role in Ultrons Defeat....
I also worry Thor will get the shaft again in AOU but I believe Joss will find some way to give him a standout moment. Even though Thor had a short amount of screen time in the first Avengers what we saw was pretty epic (First appearance, Iron Man head butt, Hulk "KO" with the hammer, "He's adopted", Hulk sucker punch). Of course I wanted more than that though.

I agree Thor should be key in defeating Ultron. It's a crowded film so I don't expect tons of character development but give Thor a scene stealer and I'll be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
I don't get this complaint at all. I actually like Superman Returns (like not love) but I will agree that it suffers from some pacing issues. But I felt like TDW flew by. Especially once the attack on Asgard starts.

Old 09-17-2014, 01:38 AM   #844
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
in my book, the worst thing a movie can be is boring. which makes thor 2 worse than bad to me.

Quote:
Old 09-17-2014, 08:51 AM   #845
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I think we got spoiled with action. Tho I do agree the Dark elves could have been alittle more aggressive acting to ME they were like robots.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 11:31 AM   #846
The_Manhunter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
Same here, and it's apparently a movie people have quite varying opinions of.

Ya, similarly with one of my friends, TDW is his favorite Marvel movie and he couldn't believe it when I told him it wasn't universally liked.

Old 09-18-2014, 04:23 PM   #847
Andrew Lucas
No matter what

I thought it was better than the first one which I completely hated.

Probably a 4/10.

Andrew Marley?
(Or Bob Lucas)
F@$! yeah Emma Stone!
Reinstated SHH20 member.
Andrew Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote