The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #26
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 8

It would be kinda interesting if they went the reverse route from the jump and did JL first then the solos. But that's not what I prefer.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:43 PM   #27
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Even though ever rumor has said these characters are cameos?
A bunch of cameos seems cheap and cheesy to me. I just don't see the point of them doing that. I say don't wast screen time. I'd rather have more character development and not a "Where's Waldo" game with DC characters.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:45 PM   #28
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
A bunch of cameos seems cheap and cheesy to me. I just don't see the point of them doing that. I say don't wast screen time. I'd rather have more character development and not a "Where's Waldo" game with DC characters.
cameos don't eat up screen time.
Did Hawkeye eat up screen time in Thor???
Did Fury eat up screen time in Captain America????

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-10-2013, 10:45 PM   #29
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
we don't know the extent of WW and Nightwing's roles in this. It could range from supporting character to cameo. And we'll know the "point" of including them once we see the movie, of course you wouldn't see the point of them using those characters.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #30
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
cameos don't eat up screen time.
Did Hawkeye eat up screen time in Thor???
Did Fury eat up screen time in Captain America????
A little bit, yeah. And they were unnecessary.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #31
roach
I am the night

Quote:
A little bit, yeah. And they were unnecessary.
riiiiiiiiiiight

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-10-2013, 10:52 PM   #32
Tempest
....What?

Quote:
You don't know if the rumors are true, nor do you know the extent to which the characters may or may not be used. You don't even know if they're going to be in flashbacks, or in the current timeline. You don't know if they're just going to be mentioned, by way of talking about them, or simply having their pictures up on a screen.

How do you know that it will be cheesy when you don't actually know anything?

A Christmas Card featuring a Suspicious Sort. Look closely, and you'll note that he was nowhere near the place, nor indeed was he near any place at any time.

T.H.E.M.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:53 PM   #33
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
You don't know if the rumors are true, nor do you know the extent to which the characters may or may not be used. You don't even know if they're going to be in flashbacks, or in the current timeline. You don't know if they're just going to be mentioned, by way of talking about them, or simply having their pictures up on a screen.

Because they hate the very idea of this film so every piece of news announced is met with hate.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:53 PM   #34
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
we don't know the extent of WW and Nightwing's roles in this. It could range from supporting character to cameo. And we'll know the "point" of including them once we see the movie, of course you wouldn't see the point of them using those characters.
I could deal with NW because, realistically, they're gonna have to introduce some of Batman's supporting characters. I don't think they need NW and prefer Batman working alone, but I could deal with him. I can see him having a point. WW? Nah. I can't fathom a non-cheesy way for her to be there. But...I could be proven wrong. There were some things in MOS I thought I would hate, but didn't. So who knows.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #35
Rorschach2012
$

Yeah I understand why you'd feel like that about Wonder Woman. Until we know the way she's going to be included, we should all be slightly concerned.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #36
roach
I am the night

Quote:
I could deal with NW because, realistically, they're gonna have to introduce some of Batman's supporting characters. I don't think they need NW and prefer Batman working alone, but I could deal with him. I can see him having a point. WW? Nah. I can't fathom a non-cheesy way for her to be there. But...I could be proven wrong. There were some things in MOS I thought I would hate, but didn't. So who knows.
and this is the problem right here…it's your perception. I could think of half a dozen non cheesy ways for her to be in this film.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:58 PM   #37
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Yeah I understand why you'd feel like that about Wonder Woman. Until we know the way she's going to be included, we should all be slightly concerned.
why should we be slightly concerned about a character cameo that may or may not be in this film…seems like too much worrying about nothing

Old 11-10-2013, 10:59 PM   #38
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Because they hate the very idea of this film so every piece of news announced is met with hate.
Not hate. If I hated this unmade film, I would outright say that. More like skepticism. Before a movie that I'm anticipating coming out, I try to get my head around it anyway I can. Rumors are all I have right now. And I'm just talking, not throwing a fit or boycotting anything. And of course people who want these other characters are happy.

I wanted a true supes sequel and won't get it yet. I made some peace with the Batman thing, then these rumors of other characters came out and it disappoints me. And again, rumors are all there is to react to. If the rumors turn out false, I'll gladly change my tune or make peace with it.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:00 PM   #39
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
why should we be slightly concerned about a character cameo that may or may not be in this film…seems like too much worrying about nothing
Why should we be concerned about the way Wonder Woman may or not be portrayed? That question answers itself.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:01 PM   #40
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I thought this was pretty cool...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 11-10-2013, 11:06 PM   #41
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleweasel View Post
That is what they are doing.

You think they should do one thing, and the people in the movie business are going to do something that probably isnt that (even though so far we have no idea what it is going to be so I dont know how you know they are rushing or not planning on developing other characters or whatever). Let the movie people do their jobs.
Like I said its mind numbing sometimes the logic some people in here have. Mind numbing

Old 11-10-2013, 11:07 PM   #42
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post

I don't know that. I'm just going by rumors that concern me because that's all there are right now. I'm talking hypothetically and thinking that it has the potential to be cheesy, not that it will be.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #43
roach
I am the night

Quote:

I wanted a true supes sequel and won't get it yet. I made some peace with the Batman thing, then these rumors of other characters came out and it disappoints me. And again, rumors are all there is to react to. If the rumors turn out false, I'll gladly change my tune or make peace with it.
Why are the additions of these character disappointing to you? We know that WB is using this movie to expand their universe…so why wouldn't there be cameos of other characters? You see this as a negative when really it's not. I am sure we will get a MOS2….In fact the MOS blu-ray hinted at Doomsday…I take that to mean that Superman's story will continue…in another group of films...but even if we don't there will still be more movies with Superman in them. You look at Nightwing like it's a bad thing…what I see is a universe that allows for secondary/sidekicks…and if that is true then the possibility exists for Supergirl, Superboy and Steel.

WB expanding their universe is a good thing for fans of all DC characters.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:09 PM   #44
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Why should we be concerned about the way Wonder Woman may or not be portrayed? That question answers itself.
If WW is in this movie it's a cool little cameo…if not nothing bad happened

Old 11-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #45
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Why are the additions of these character disappointing to you? We know that WB is using this movie to expand their universe…so why wouldn't there be cameos of other characters? You see this as a negative when really it's not. I am sure we will get a MOS2….In fact the MOS blu-ray hinted at Doomsday…I take that to mean that Superman's story will continue…in another group of films...but even if we don't there will still be more movies with Superman in them. You look at Nightwing like it's a bad thing…what I see is a universe that allows for secondary/sidekicks…and if that is true then the possibility exists for Supergirl, Superboy and Steel.

WB expanding their universe is a good thing for fans of all DC characters.
I guess I'm not an equal fan of all DC characters. I pick favorites. And I think some characters lend themselves better to more interesting stories.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:12 PM   #46
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
As much as people hate that idea, that's the last thing I hear anyone detracting from the Day's of future past production. And this seems hardly that.

Moreover all I hear my friends talk about from the new thor film is that mid film cameo..doesn't seem to have hurt anyone(outside of that character's characterization).

Why worry about worst case scenario where there is clearly alternatives.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:13 PM   #47
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
If WW is in this movie it's a cool little cameo…if not nothing bad happened
Or she's Bruce's love interest and has a significant role, only to be revealed as Diana at the end. We DON'T KNOW how big her role would be

Old 11-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #48
roach
I am the night

Quote:
I guess I'm not an equal fan of all DC characters. I pick favorites. And I think some characters lend themselves better to more interesting stories.
CBM's have the ability to sometimes make us care about characters we don't in the comics. I was not a fan of Tony Stark/Iron Man in the comics. Tony Stark/Iron Man in the movies is a completely different animal.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:15 PM   #49
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
As much as people hate that idea, that's the last thing I hear anyone detracting from the Day's of future past production. And this seems hardly that.

Moreover all I hear my friends talk about from the new thor film is that mid film cameo..doesn't seem to have hurt anyone(outside of that character's characterization).

and how many characters will be in Avengers 2….and if Avengers 3 follows what everyone thinks…where will characterization be in that mega fest

Old 11-10-2013, 11:16 PM   #50
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

I "worry" about the scenario of this movie like I "worry" about what kind of sandwich I'll make for lunch tomorrow. I'm just skeptical. It won't destroy me or anything. And if these cameos mean so little, why have them?

Closed Thread