The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #51
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Why are the additions of these character disappointing to you? We know that WB is using this movie to expand their universe…so why wouldn't there be cameos of other characters? You see this as a negative when really it's not. I am sure we will get a MOS2….In fact the MOS blu-ray hinted at Doomsday…I take that to mean that Superman's story will continue…in another group of films...but even if we don't there will still be more movies with Superman in them. You look at Nightwing like it's a bad thing…what I see is a universe that allows for secondary/sidekicks…and if that is true then the possibility exists for Supergirl, Superboy and Steel.

WB expanding their universe is a good thing for fans of all DC characters.

The hand wringing over these RUMORS is flabbergasting. Again, if there is never a follow up, direct sequel to MOS I won't shed a single tear, if what we do get is Cav-el Supes at the center of a DCCU. And after the way Snyder and Co. established his level of power in MOS I just don't think that he's going to have the spotlight taken from him in this new Universe. Batman is cool, but the audience will not buy Batman as the center of a cinematic universe that has threats greater in scope than freaks with a gimmick. Alternate Universe dopplegangers, White Martians, Evil Cosmic Gods... What ever the threat, they've established in MOS that Superman is the guy with the necessary power to deal with those kind of things. BatGod is great in the comics, and surely I want to see a more competent Bats on screen. But I think the idea of Batman jujitsuing Darkseid is a no go for this new DCCU. I have no fear about Superman being sidelined or overshadowed.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #52
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
CBM's have the ability to sometimes make us care about characters we don't in the comics. I was not a fan of Tony Stark/Iron Man in the comics. Tony Stark/Iron Man in the movies is a completely different animal.
That's because he had his character developed. He didn't just pop in and say "hey dudes, here's a cameo for ya"

Old 11-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #53
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
I "worry" about the scenario of this movie like I "worry" about what kind of sandwich I'll make for lunch tomorrow. I'm just skeptical. It won't destroy me or anything. And if these cameos mean so little, why have them?
it's not that they mean so little…it's just they won't take away anything from the main characters.

and WB is using this film to expand their DCCU.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #54
Rorschach2012
$

We've known since 2000 that more than 4 superheroes can be done well on screen

Old 11-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #55
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:
Why are the additions of these character disappointing to you? We know that WB is using this movie to expand their universe…so why wouldn't there be cameos of other characters? You see this as a negative when really it's not. I am sure we will get a MOS2….In fact the MOS blu-ray hinted at Doomsday…I take that to mean that Superman's story will continue…in another group of films...but even if we don't there will still be more movies with Superman in them. You look at Nightwing like it's a bad thing…what I see is a universe that allows for secondary/sidekicks…and if that is true then the possibility exists for Supergirl, Superboy and Steel.

This is my opinion of it as we'll. Lets see the DCCU expanded onscreen now so fans of these DC characters don't have to wait another decade for it to happen.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #56
roach
I am the night

Quote:
That's because he had his character developed. He didn't just pop in and say "hey dudes, here's a cameo for ya"
Im not talking about a cameo…I was talking about how we might not like a character but the movie version may grow on you.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #57
CharlieS
Side-Kick

Quote:
I "worry" about the scenario of this movie like I "worry" about what kind of sandwich I'll make for lunch tomorrow. I'm just skeptical. It won't destroy me or anything. And if these cameos mean so little, why have them?
I agree with you but let it go.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:21 PM   #58
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
it's not that they mean so little…it's just they won't take away anything from the main characters.

and WB is using this film to expand their DCCU.
Why can't they use this film as an opportunity to make a good movie!?

Ya know, people think my skepticism is weird, but I have to ask: Why are you so confident all this will come out well?

Old 11-10-2013, 10:25 PM   #59
roach
I am the night

Quote:

Ya know, people think my skepticism is weird, but I have to ask: Why are you so confident all this will come out well?
So you can only make a good movie or expand your universe???

I have faith. I live my life by hoping for the best and planning for the worst. This movie could be the worst movie of all time or the best movie ever filmed…we won't know that until we see the movie. Worrying now serves no purpose.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:27 PM   #60
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:

This is my opinion of it as we'll. Lets see the DCCU expanded onscreen now so fans of these DC characters don't have to wait another decade for it to happen.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #61
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Quote:

Well, at least in my opinion it's because I think the crew and cast involved will do better with a more ambitious goal than a normal one. My favorite CBMs have been ambitious beyond just being a superhero movie: Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises, Thor 2, and Man of Steel. All threw in multiple villains using a complex narrative forced to juggle multiple subplots and story arcs.

Plus, for some reason I just think that hitting the mark of chemistry between Batman and Superman is easier than people think, and if that works, I don't think anything can stop the movie from being good. Maybe not great, but at least well worth my time and money for multiple viewings.

-C.S. Lewis
Old 11-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #62
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub-zero View Post
i don't know. If this nightwing rumor pans out i think it's a waste to bring him in to this movie. Save him for the affleck starring/directed batman movies. Bring in the bat family then. Or maybe nightwing is just a quick cameo.
totally agreed

Old 11-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #63
CharlieS
Side-Kick

Quote:

I they want to screw this, they will screw this.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:30 PM   #64
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
So you can only make a good movie or expand your universe???

I have faith. I live my life by hoping for the best and planning for the worst. This movie could be the worst movie of all time or the best movie ever filmed…we won't know that until we see the movie. Worrying now serves no purpose.
Fair enough.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:31 PM   #65
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
Well, at least in my opinion it's because I think the crew and cast involved will do better with a more ambitious goal than a normal one. My favorite CBMs have been ambitious beyond just being a superhero movie: Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises, Thor 2, and Man of Steel. All threw in multiple villains using a complex narrative forced to juggle multiple subplots and story arcs.

Plus, for some reason I just think that hitting the mark of chemistry between Batman and Sperman is easier than people think, and if that works, I don't think anything can stop the movie from being good. Maybe not great, but at least well worth my time and money for multiple viewings.

Superman and Batman buddy-copping it up is THE selling point for me. Even if the versus route gets butts in seats, I think the idea that these to guys get to go Riggs and Murtaugh on the baddies is what any finale should go for.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:33 PM   #66
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post

Plus, for some reason I just think that hitting the mark of chemistry between Batman and Superman is easier than people think, and if that works, I don't think anything can stop the movie from being good. Maybe not great, but at least well worth my time and money for multiple viewings.
I have actually made peace with the Batman addition for the most part because I actually like Batman and believe there is opportunity for interesting character interaction between the two. Both buddy-copping and fights between them could be interesting.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #67
roach
I am the night

We are finally getting to see Batman and Superman onscreen together. I can't think of any other comic book thing I want to see on screen more than that.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:38 PM   #68
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
You don't know if the rumors are true, nor do you know the extent to which the characters may or may not be used. You don't even know if they're going to be in flashbacks, or in the current timeline. You don't know if they're just going to be mentioned, by way of talking about them, or simply having their pictures up on a screen.

How do you know that it will be cheesy when you don't actually know anything?
Seconded to that thought!

Old 11-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #69
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
We are finally getting to see Batman and Superman onscreen together. I can't think of any other comic book thing I want to see on screen more than that.
From your lips to Zod's ear.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:41 PM   #70
roach
I am the night

Old 11-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #71
roach
I am the night

Old 11-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #72
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

The Lee images... That's your first poster with Cav-El and BatFleck, right there.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:43 PM   #73
roach
I am the night

How is anyone not getting a CBM boner over this?

Old 11-10-2013, 10:44 PM   #74
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Those pictures do make me feel better. They do have an aura of greatness. Even the lego ones.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:46 PM   #75
roach
I am the night

Closed Thread