The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 12:22 AM   #101
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 8

This is where the real money's at
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

kidding

Old 11-11-2013, 12:24 AM   #102
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
As much as I loved MOS, there is a strong contingent out there that has very strong feelings about it and have no confidence in the creative team doing Superman AND Batman in one film.
Oh I see now. You just don't have confidence in the creative team developing this film. Don't see why not really. Reason why I have confidence is that both Snyder and Goyer are FANS of these characters and respect the source material overall . Also they have been part of successful comic based films more often than not. Goyer with the both the Blade and TDK Trilogy and MOS. Snyder with 300, Watchmen, and MOS. They also have both worked with Nolan and have learned from him. Have Snyder and Goyer known for creating Oscar worthy films or material. No, but these are superhero based comic films and are not meant to be Oscar worthy films per say in the first place.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:24 AM   #103
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
1) I find cameos to be a cheap gimmick and distracting. Captain America showing up was one of the dumbest parts of Thor 2 for me.
2) I prefer depth to breadth. I prefer fewer core characters in movies, most of the time. Gravity and Rush are my two favourite movies of 2013.
3) I hated the justice league cartoon and found it super-boring relative to STAS and BTAS.

I for one am being consistent in not liking what is confirmed for this movie nor what is rumoured for this movie.
1) Is your opinion the majority or the minority?
2) If the rumors are to be believed WW and NW aren't core characters.
3) Is your opinion the majority or the minority?

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-11-2013, 12:26 AM   #104
lc23
Fan of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
This is where the real money's at
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

kidding
Wow. Same-face and derp-face all on the same page. Fantastic!

Old 11-11-2013, 12:27 AM   #105
roach
I am the night

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-11-2013, 12:28 AM   #106
roach
I am the night

Old 11-11-2013, 12:31 AM   #107
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLaNitE007 View Post
Oh I see now. You just don't have confidence in the creative team developing this film. Don't see why not really. Reason why I have confidence is that both Snyder and Goyer are FANS of these characters and respect the source material overall . Also they have been part of successful comic based films more often than not. Goyer with the both the Blade and TDK Trilogy and MOS. Snyder with 300, Watchmen, and MOS. They also have both worked with Nolan and have learned from him. Have Snyder and Goyer known for creating Oscar worthy films or material. No, but these are superhero based comic films and are not meant to be Oscar worthy films per say in the first place.

Brotha/Sista, I was describing how others feel about this. I loved MOS. I actually think things people find to be flaws to be what I love the most. Yes, even the accursed "pacing". I liked how Snyder and Co. managed to pull a modern Superman movie off, and I am chomping at the bit to see what they can do with Batman in the mix.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:33 AM   #108
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post

roach, are you trying to image bomd the negative nancys into submission?

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:35 AM   #109
roach
I am the night

Quote:
roach, are you trying to image bomd the negative nancys into submission?
Shock and awe

Old 11-11-2013, 12:36 AM   #110
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
As much as I loved MOS, there is a strong contingent out there that has very strong feelings about it and have no confidence in the creative team doing Superman AND Batman in one film.
Ironically, I would choose Zack to do a W/F movie..but I would definitely have a third writer on board.

Of course, this seems to be moving out of sequel territory

Last edited by TheFlamingCoco; 11-11-2013 at 12:40 AM.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:36 AM   #111
MrsKent26
Whatever.

The image bombs do work a little. On me anyways. Good ol' roach. Talking us off the ledge, lol.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:42 AM   #112
roach
I am the night

Where I'm from the pictures mean hope.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:42 AM   #113
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
1) Is your opinion the majority or the minority?
2) If the rumors are to be believed WW and NW aren't core characters.
3) Is your opinion the majority or the minority?
I am sure that my "opinions" (re: rational arguments) are not unique to me.The critics agree that Rush and Gravity are two of the best movies of the year - their list of great movies is longer since they have seen more movies.

Thor 2 got mediocre reviews, in part because it lacked narrative and was focused on telling other stories rather than its own story. Read the reviews. Even the positive reviews say that the movie is not memorable.

A lot of people think that JL was a step down from STAS and BTAS because the characters were diluted.. You can look it up.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:45 AM   #114
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Where I'm from the pictures mean hope.
Well played, Sir. Well played.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:52 AM   #115
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:
Brotha/Sista, I was describing how others feel about this. I loved MOS. I actually think things people find to be flaws to be what I love the most. Yes, even the accursed "pacing". I liked how Snyder and Co. managed to pull a modern Superman movie off, and I am chomping at the bit to see what they can do with Batman in the mix.
The other thing that raises my confidence is the hiring of Affleck. He is the same type of talent that Nolan is as a filmmaker. So basically Affleck is replacing Nolan when it comes to some talented creative input into the making of the film. Affleck even has that Oscar pedigree that some are looking when it comes to assisting Goyer with some script work. Affleck is also a fan of both Superman and Batman. So he respects the source material.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:56 AM   #116
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
A lot of people think that JL was a step down from STAS and BTAS because the characters were diluted.. You can look it up.
I, for one, thought JLU was terrible.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:56 AM   #117
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Do we know whether Affleck will contribute to the script or not though? I mean, I hope he does, but wouldn't they announce his involvement?

Old 11-11-2013, 12:58 AM   #118
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLaNitE007 View Post
The other thing that raises my confidence is the hiring of Affleck. He is the same type of talent that Nolan is as a filmmaker. So basically Affleck is replacing Nolan when it comes to some talented creative input into the making of the film. Affleck even has that Oscar pedigree that some are looking when it comes to assisting Goyer with some script work. Affleck is also a fan of both Superman and Batman. So he respects the source material.
Here's an interesting sound byte:
...The truth is, it's the movie and the execution of it is what all the actors depend on and I believe in Zack's vision.”
-Ben Affleck.

I can only imagine the reaction to the non batvoice.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:59 AM   #119
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

He also signed up for Runner Runner

Old 11-11-2013, 01:02 AM   #120
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:
Sorry bout that. Yeah, I thought MOS was well done, especially for a reboot. When it comes to Superman, they couldn't make everyone happy and nor should Snyder and Goyer have been expected to. Not going to happen with the Superman character. It's virtually an impossible task.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:11 AM   #121
roach
I am the night

Quote:
I am sure that my "opinions" (re: rational arguments) are not unique to me.The critics agree that Rush and Gravity are two of the best movies of the year - their list of great movies is longer since they have seen more movies.
I agree that those movies were good

Thor 2 got mediocre reviews, in part because it lacked narrative and was focused on telling other stories rather than its own story. Read the reviews. Even the positive reviews say that the movie is not memorable.

I thought it was ok.

i liked JL and liked JLU even more.
How could you hate The Question voiced by Jeffrey Combs???

Old 11-11-2013, 01:17 AM   #122
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
i liked JL and liked JLU even more.
How could you hate The Question voiced by Jeffrey Combs???

Great all around voice work, compelling plots, CHARACTERS THAT LOOKED AND ACTED LIKE THEIR COMIC BOOK COUNTERPARTS!?

Yeah, I am baffled by any hate for the JLU show. But everyone has the right to what they like and dislike. I for one am really only in love with JLU when it comes to the DCAU. Even the much vaunted Batman:TAS is kinda meh, to my eyes. Conroy voicing Batman saved even the most mediocre episodes.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:17 AM   #123
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
He also signed up for Runner Runner
Depending on the day of the week, he's either the genius saint(that's going to get all the credit for the sequel) that gives everyone hope of taking control or contributing to the script.

Or he's worth litle confidence cause he signed on to another let down of a film recently.
Time of day.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:25 AM   #124
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Great all around voice work, compelling plots, CHARACTERS THAT LOOKED AND ACTED LIKE THEIR COMIC BOOK COUNTERPARTS!?

Yeah, I am baffled by any hate for the JLU show. But everyone has the right to what they like and dislike. I for one am really only in love with JLU when it comes to the DCAU. Even the much vaunted Batman:TAS is kinda meh, to my eyes. Conroy voicing Batman saved even the most mediocre episodes.
I liked JLU because it never made sense to me that the Justice League or Avengers would have hundreds of superheroes to pick from and instead of having everyone on the teamÖthey'd only pick 6-7 people.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:26 AM   #125
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Depending on the day of the week, he's either the genius saint(that's going to get all the credit for the sequel) that gives everyone hope of taking control or contributing to the script.

Or he's worth litle confidence cause he signed on to another let down of a film recently.
Time of day.
well thats par for the course on this movieÖ.all praise went to Nolan, all hate went to Snyder

Closed Thread