The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #576
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 2

New pic released of Cavill training for MOS.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #577
Loki882
Side-Kick

He and Hugh Jackman have amazing dedication, I really admire that.

Old 12-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #578
charl_huntress
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I really appreciate everything he did to get in shape for Superman. I really appreciate it.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #579
sf2
Side-Kick

Maybe no more shirtless scene... then he doesn't have to train so hard... since the suit has padding.

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
Old 12-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #580
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
Maybe no more shirtless scene... then he doesn't have to train so hard... since the suit has padding.
you realise what you've just said? avoid the women of the Hype.

Old 12-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #581
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
you realise what you've just said? avoid the women of the Hype.
What can/will they do?

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
Old 12-02-2013, 12:34 AM   #582
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Same.

Old 12-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #583
Indy1Jones
The Cuomo

Henry is so buff, his workout is amazing.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #584
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Here's a new interview with Cavill, where he talks a little about Affleck as Batman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaJAFwfpekQ

Ponder this, CB fans: In a fictional world where the limits and laws of time and space are pushed every day; where mystical convergences and otherworldly phenomena are the norm; where we are to believe that "a man can fly" and emit beams of concussive force from his eyes, why is it then so difficult to fathom that, in such a place, there also exists a rare breed of man capable of extraordinary feats beyond that of his ken -- the peak human realized in the form of Bruce Wayne, The Batman?
-Arms
Old 12-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #585
charl_huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
Here's a new interview with Cavill, where he talks a little about Affleck as Batman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaJAFwfpekQ
Thanks for posting that Arms!

Old 12-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #586
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
thanks for posting that arms!
np.

Ponder this, CB fans: In a fictional world where the limits and laws of time and space are pushed every day; where mystical convergences and otherworldly phenomena are the norm; where we are to believe that "a man can fly" and emit beams of concussive force from his eyes, why is it then so difficult to fathom that, in such a place, there also exists a rare breed of man capable of extraordinary feats beyond that of his ken -- the peak human realized in the form of Bruce Wayne, The Batman?
-Arms
Old 12-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #587
kguillou
Side-Kick

You know, alot of people are saying that Cavill is probably bummed out from being out of the spotlight for this movie but I think it's just the opposite. Sure, all the attention may be on Ben Affleck and Batman right now but Cavill must also realize that he is about to play an integral part in what is sure to be one of the biggest movie events of all time. I mean, unless this movie somehow, someway ends up being complete garbage, which it won't, this is easily going to be one of WB's most profitable films and you best believe Cavill's agent is making sure he gets a good payday put of this. I'm calling it now, this is going to give Avengers 2 and Star Wars a run for their money, in fact I'm betting that next year the BvS trailer is going to be the biggest, most watched trailer of 2014.

If I were Henry I would count myself as incredibly fortunate to take part in this. He will forever be able to say "I played SUPERMAN in the BATMAN/SUPERMAN movie". When all is said and done who really cares about the spotlight?

Old 12-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #588
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
You know, alot of people are saying that Cavill is probably bummed out from being out of the spotlight for this movie but I think it's just the opposite. Sure, all the attention may be on Ben Affleck and Batman right now but Cavill must also realize that he is about to play an integral part in what is sure to be one of the biggest movie events of all time. I mean, unless this movie somehow, someway ends up being complete garbage, which it won't, this is easily going to be one of WB's most profitable films and you best believe Cavill's agent is making sure he gets a good payday put of this. I'm calling it now, this is going to give Avengers 2 and Star Wars a run for their money, in fact I'm betting that next year the BvS trailer is going to be the biggest, most watched trailer of 2014.

If I were Henry I would count myself as incredibly fortunate to take part in this. He will forever be able to say "I played SUPERMAN in the BATMAN/SUPERMAN movie". When all is said and done who really cares about the spotlight?
Not only that, but he gets to work along side one of the hottest directors (Affleck) in Hollywood. Maybe he gets a part in a future Affleck film because of it. This whole thing is good for his career.

Old 12-02-2013, 01:27 PM   #589
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

I hadn't thought of it like that, but it'd be cool if he gets along well enough with Affleck for him to consider him for future projects of his

Old 12-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #590
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post

Re the bolded part. I am very very skeptic. The last film did 650 on a monstrous production and promo budget. Will the sequel suddenly do more than 3 times the money?

Avengers 1 did 1.5 billion. Avengers 2 will likely do 2 billion.

Do you BvS, after MOS did 650 million (and was panned by critics) will suddenly have a shot at 2 billion BO gross?

I think it is a stretch. I would say a billion is a more likely figure. Specially since I thought MOS will be an easy billion, even Collider proclaimed it to be an easy billion and it made barely two-thirds of that.

So I think 1 billion is a more realistic expectation than Avengers kind of money.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #591
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
The thing that links the two is that they both really love the training. That's why they are able to get such outstanding results, there heart is truly in it.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #592
charl_huntress

I think MOS was a good introduction for the WB comic franchise and Cavill. He is a great looking Superman and did very well in the role. WB would be foolish--absolutely foolish--to not take this chance and launch their universe on his back.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #593
kguillou
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
Re the bolded part. I am very very skeptic. The last film did 650 on a monstrous production and promo budget. Will the sequel suddenly do more than 3 times the money?

Avengers 1 did 1.5 billion. Avengers 2 will likely do 2 billion.

Do you BvS, after MOS did 650 million (and was panned by critics) will suddenly have a shot at 2 billion BO gross?

I think it is a stretch. I would say a billion is a more likely figure. Specially since I thought MOS will be an easy billion, even Collider proclaimed it to be an easy billion and it made barely two-thirds of that.

So I think 1 billion is a more realistic expectation than Avengers kind of money.
Oh, don't get me wrong, this will NOT make more than Avengers 2 or even Avengers 1. Avengers 2 is going to break the box office to pieces, BUT I do truly believe that this film could make somewhere in the 1.1-1.2 billion range. If its a mediocre film, it'll make a billion, if its actually critically acclaimed it'll make 1.2 billion. But the marketing for this movie is going to sell itself. Kids love Batman and kids love Superman. A movie promoting their first ever meeting is going to get everyone's attention and curiosity.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #594
-Kal-Elle-
Side-Kick

Maybe not strictly relevant to Superman but Henry has just been voted the Sexiest Man in the World by Glamour magazine readers. I think there's gonna be a LOT of women in the theatre when BvS/MoS2 comes out!

Old 12-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #595
lc23
Fan of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
I think MOS was a good introduction for the WB comic franchise and Cavill. He is a great looking Superman and did very well in the role. WB would be foolish--absolutely foolish--to not take this chance and launch their universe on his back.
Yep. He's perfect. And I'm sorry, but not even all the Marvel dudes combined can compete with him. He's in a category all to himself, whereas the rest can just fight it out amongst themselves. Sorry, but that's just the truth.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:12 PM   #596
charl_huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc23 View Post
Yep. He's perfect. And I'm sorry, but not even all the Marvel dudes combined can compete with him. He's in a category all to himself, whereas the rest can just fight it out amongst themselves. Sorry, but that's just the truth.
Haha it is the truth. For all the complaints, I don't think I've heard any about Cavill. He was really good and the dedication he put into the role was evident...in all ways.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #597
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Indeed. That casting was spot-on. I hope they use him to his full potential in this movie.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #598
charl_huntress

Definitely. The good thing is Cavill could play him for a lot of years if WB plays their cards right.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #599
MrsKent26
Whatever.

I hope they do play those cards.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #600
Tra-El
Side-Kick

As do I. I hope he gets the "Hugh Jackman treatment" and plays Supes for the rest of this entire decade if Supes fans can be so lucky.