The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #601
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 2

Yeah, that's how I see this. With his looks and dedication he could do this for a decade. He could also be instrumental in launching other lesser DC heroes. Cavill is a real gold mine for WB.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #602
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
As do I. I hope he gets the "Hugh Jackman treatment" and plays Supes for the rest of this entire decade if Supes fans can be so lucky.
What is he on 9 films as Wolverine now people are starting to get bored and now i hear there will be a sequel to The Wolverine.

I think Cavill will probably play Supes for another three films after Superman/Batman.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #603
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

I think it would be more than that...but it's hard to say with WB. Who knows if they have anything really planned. I'd like them to use him to bolster JL and then branch out to lesser known heroes. Then he'd just be used in cameos, which I think would be better. Though who knows. Again, if they play their cards right they could have him for the long term for this role.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #604
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
What is he on 9 films as Wolverine now people are starting to get bored and now i hear there will be a sequel to The Wolverine.

I think Cavill will probably play Supes for another three films after Superman/Batman.
Jackman's act is getting tired. There's only so much you can tell with a character like Wolverine for what? 13 years? I can see Cavill playing Superman atleast another 5-6 films, which would be the better half of this decade or so. There's a ton more Supes can add than a Wolverine, especially in a Justice League, something Jackman can't do as Wolverine due to copyright issues with Sony and Marvel Studios. If Jackman can do it for this long, Cavill being the face of SUPERMAN sure would hold more impact due to the importance of superheros and the Justice League itself. Supes is a staple to making all of that happen.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #605
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Yes! More Cavill! I can't picture anyone else as Supes right now. And I hope they give him some more meaty scenes too.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #606
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Yes! More Cavill! I can't picture anyone else as Supes right now. And I hope they give him some more meaty scenes too.
He did a really great job in the scene after he killed Zod. I really bought the anguish. He's got some good range. And of course, I can take a few more of those primal Superman yells...lol

Old 12-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #607
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
He did a really great job in the scene after he killed Zod. I really bought the anguish. He's got some good range. And of course, I can take a few more of those primal Superman yells...lol
It's funny how the one kid just bolts out of there while the rest of the family sticks around to become potential victims for Zod.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #608
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
It's funny how the one kid just bolts out of there while the rest of the family sticks around to become potential victims for Zod.
I thought I was the only one who noticed that. There's a guy who looks at them and them bolts in the right direction. The others...went the wrong way. They obviously never heard that when people start running you run in the same direction they are.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #609
Caekzor
Nolanesque

That guy actually got crushed to death by falling debris offscreen.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #610
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I have a question for everyone here.

I think this was a topic that was actually discussed awhile back. It's in regards to how believable it would/might be for Henry's version of Clark to avoid getting any attention from his coworkers, let alone his female ones at the Daily Planet due to his looks.

One of the things that I've seen portrayed in past takes, where Clark would try to "nerd" himself up whenever he was surrounded by his coworkers at the Daily Planet in order to avoid people paying attention to him and eventually figuring out that he was actually Superman, which version of that take could you guys actually buy/believe that Clark could get away with that based on how he presented himself(and looked) at work?

(I hope that all made sense).lol

1. Christopher Reeve's Clark Kent

2. Brandon Routh's Clark Kent

3. Tom Welling's Clark Kent

4. Henry's Clark Kent

(Note: I didn't use Dean Cain or George Reeves because they weren't really putting on a new persona when they were at work, especially the former where Dean's Clark was in fact the real persona)

Old 12-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #611
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

They all have dynamics of the same characteristics. I can't really chose between them, especially Cavill at this point because we haven't seen his Clark yet in disguise at the DP. Excluding Cavill I'd actually say Routh simply because he looks the most meek of them in those pictures.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #612
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caekzor View Post
That guy actually got crushed to death by falling debris offscreen.
Actually, he was saved by a wealthy bald entrepreneur and given a new heart made out of some glowing green rock.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #613
roach
I am the night

Welling's would be the worst since he was working at the Planet before he started wearing glasses.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 12-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #614
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
They all have dynamics of the same characteristics. I can't really chose between them, especially Cavill at this point because we haven't seen his Clark yet in disguise at the DP. Excluding Cavill I'd actually say Routh simply because he looks the most meek of them in those pictures.
That is true.

Well then, I guess on a shallow note, Ladies....which Clark Kent (listed above) is likely to gain your attention on appearance alone then?

Old 12-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #615
The Valeyard
Banned User

Routh was the only one that worked for me in a modern context.

He blended into the background as Clark Kent without making a scene.

He spoke with a different voice. Combed his hair down. Changed his walk.

And his facial features aren't obvious enough to stand out.

Cavill's hairline, crooked nose and jawline are a dead giveaway. They are uncommon features.

Last edited by The Valeyard; 12-02-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #616
titansupes
Side-Kick

I think Routh probably pulled that off best. He was nerdy, but quiet and out of the way. Where as Reeve was nerdy, but loud and very much in the way.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #617
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
That is true.

Well then, I guess on a shallow note, Ladies....which Clark Kent (listed above) is likely to gain your attention on appearance alone then?
Hands down for me Welling. Cavill is fine, but Welling doesn't even look like he's trying to hide. He wanna be found...and by me!

edit: Though Herolee if you can get a pic of Welling from the episode "Homecoming" where he is future Clark. It's a different look. He does actually look very nerdy.

Last edited by charl_huntress; 12-02-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #618
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
That is true.

I'd be all over cavill's Clark. Sexy nerd, indeed. But maybe that's a problem. He does have distinctive features. Routh was more nondescript and could go unnoticed. Cavill did look different as Clark though and looks are only one dimension of the disguise. We need to see his performance.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:24 PM   #619
lc23
Fan of Steel

I don't see how anyone can make a proper assessment of Mr. Cavill's Daily Planet Clark when his scene is all of 45 seconds long and he said two lines. What I do know is I'd attack him like a Fat Camp kid would a gourmet cake! Also, those blue contacts that Routh's wearing look godawful. I never made it past the first season of Smallville and never watched L&C. Mr. Reeve wins this round by default, until I get to actually see Henry's DP Clark in action.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:56 PM   #620
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
As do I. I hope he gets the "Hugh Jackman treatment" and plays Supes for the rest of this entire decade if Supes fans can be so lucky.
hope the same.
but must have good stories to tell.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:35 PM   #621
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Valeyard View Post
Routh was the only one that worked for me in a modern context.
Wasn't SR basically a period piece?

Old 12-02-2013, 11:56 PM   #622
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

lol^^I'll give Routh his due as looking the most different, but the guy did only have like 15 lines total as Clark and Superman...so all he had to do was stand around and push rocks.

Old 12-03-2013, 02:12 AM   #623
lc23
Fan of Steel

Quote:
lol^^I'll give Routh his due as looking the most different, but the guy did only have like 15 lines total as Clark and Superman...so all he had to do was stand around and push rocks.
...With his wonk-face, obviously fake blue contact lenses, overly-stylized S-curled, and awkward and occasionally limp-wristed flying poses. He looked "different," indeed.

Old 12-03-2013, 03:10 AM   #624
titansupes
Side-Kick

^ "Wonk-face"?

Old 12-03-2013, 03:55 AM   #625
lc23
Fan of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
^ "Wonk-face"?
His face looked "off" or weird a lot of the time. I think the overdone makeup, bad contacts, and CGI-model can take most of the blame for that.

Closed Thread