The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #801
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
This reminds me of the infamous "child bearing hips" comment (see below) lol:

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=134

I would like her opinion on Cavill now. I really do.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #802
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
This reminds me of the infamous "child bearing hips" comment (see below) lol:

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=134

He has a wide face. It bugs me. It looked like he hadn't lost his baby fat. He looked young and baby-faced. It was fine for superboy, but not superman.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #803
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post

I would like her opinion on Cavill now. I really do.
Thought you'd like that.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #804
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Thought you'd like that.
That is classic stuff...lolololol

It's funny because I didn't know of him before MOS and someone recommended I watch Immortals and I thought, "Yeah I can see him as Supes." Childbearing hips did not even come to my mind...but perhaps she was talking about childbearing in another way....

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #805
MrsKent26
Whatever.

She was probably just thrown off by his fashion sense. He has worn some very heinous pants.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #806
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Childbearing hips is literally my favorite comment of all time. Even today I can't stop laughing.

I don't think MrsKent's comment about Welling is similar at all but that's just me.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #807
MrsKent26
Whatever.

My comment is true.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:22 PM   #808
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

You know though Welling really is very handsome. A friend of mine met him at some event when she worked for ET and she said he is one of the most gorgeous men she has ever seen...and pretty tall.

Plus they do say TV adds weight and all that, but I get what you mean MrsK.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #809
MrsKent26
Whatever.

He looks better now, but during smallville he was as baby-faced as my 13-year old cousin. Especially when his hair was slicked back as DP Clark at the end.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #810
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
That is classic stuff...lolololol

It's funny because I didn't know of him before MOS and someone recommended I watch Immortals and I thought, "Yeah I can see him as Supes." Childbearing hips did not even come to my mind...but perhaps she was talking about childbearing in another way....
I usually chalk up comments like that to the typical nitpicking nature of fanboys/fangirls.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:28 PM   #811
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
He looks better now, but during smallville he was as baby-faced as my 13-year old cousin. Especially when his hair was slicked back as DP Clark at the end.
That was the point though. He was supposed to look boyish, but in real life all the pudge-y bits worked. He is a very nice looking man.

Cavill though has him beat. That is for sure. I don't even think Welling could rival Cavill on that level of manliness.

Quote:
I usually chalk up comments like that to the typical nitpicking nature of fanboys/fangirls.
That is true. We will find any reason to nitpick...lol

I still just wonder what she meant exactly. I might to PM her for further clarification.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:35 PM   #812
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
My comment is true.
His zygomatic bones are just pronounced and somewhat wide. Pudgy isn't the right word though.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:47 PM   #813
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Re: Childbearing hips

It could be that she watched a Henry Cavill movie on the wrong resolution or stretch on her TV.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:48 PM   #814
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
His zygomatic bones are just pronounced and somewhat wide. Pudgy isn't the right word though.
All right. He's wide-faced.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:35 AM   #815
lc23
Fan of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
Won. Lol
Just to make myself clear, I was basically saying it was an insult to compare Henry to Tom as I believe Henry is the superior actor.

Old 12-13-2013, 05:02 AM   #816
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I love him but Cavill hasn't even proven that he is that great of actor but yes I think he has already proven to be far better than Welling.

I respect Welling fans but I always thought he was too weak of actor for my taste and I don't think you need a great actor to play Superman. That's actually one of the big reasons that my attraction to him died a quick death.

Maybe it's just me but I just, 99% of the time, can't stay attracted to actor who I think just has no talent and or charm, you have to have a smidge.

I'm a fan of Keanu Reeves for goodness sake I'm not a bandwagoner when it comes to opinions about an actor's talent. So others opinions about Welling haven't infected mine. I thought he was a poor actor when I first spied him when I was 17 and I think he is a poor actor at 29. Thankgoodness Henry Cavill is Superman.

Old 12-13-2013, 05:13 AM   #817
sf2
Side-Kick

Oops... poor Welling got slashed for nothing... .

Btw, what is the appropriate screen time ratio between clark kent the reporter : superman? 50/50?

Old 12-13-2013, 05:13 AM   #818
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

I never particularly thought Welling was a good actor. He's not actually, but I thought he was fine for Superboy on CW...lol...though the network was called the WB at the time when I started watching. I viewed Welling the same as I did Cain's Superman/Clark. I never expected to see stellar performances. It was very hit and miss, though I will say there are some really great episodes of Smallville. Very few, but there are some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
Btw, what is the appropriate screen time ratio between clark kent the reporter : superman? 50/50?
I would hope for a good balance. I'd like to see some scenes at the DP and get a few good scenes of his Clark. Hopefully we'll get some prolonged scenes where he's just Clark and not Superman for at least a little bit of the movie.

Last edited by charl_huntress; 12-13-2013 at 05:18 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:27 AM   #819
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
I never particularly thought Welling was a good actor. He's not actually, but I thought he was fine for Superboy on CW...lol...though the network was called the WB at the time when I started watching. I viewed Welling the same as I did Cain's Superman/Clark. I never expect to see stellar performances. It's very hit and miss though I will say there are some really great episodes of Smallville. Very few, but there are some.
Yeah, he was okay. I sort of cringed when he was required to convey complex emotions though.

Here's an example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSNucfNy2rg

Old 12-13-2013, 05:42 AM   #820
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Yeah, he was okay. I sort of cringed when he was required to convey complex emotions though.

Here's an example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSNucfNy2rg
Haha...I remember that scene more for O'Toole and the Gabriel song...not really for Clark...lol.

Old 12-13-2013, 05:45 AM   #821
lc23
Fan of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I love him but Cavill hasn't even proven that he is that great of actor but yes I think he has already proven to be far better than Welling.

I respect Welling fans but I always thought he was too weak of actor for my taste and I don't think you need a great actor to play Superman. That's actually one of the big reasons that my attraction to him died a quick death.

Maybe it's just me but I just, 99% of the time, can't stay attracted to actor who I think just has no talent and or charm, you have to have a smidge.

I'm a fan of Keanu Reeves for goodness sake I'm not a bandwagoner when it comes to opinions about an actor's talent. So others opinions about Welling haven't infected mine. I thought he was a poor actor when I first spied him when I was 17 and I think he is a poor actor at 29. Thankgoodness Henry Cavill is Superman.
Now, I never said Henry was a great actor, just that he's better than Tom Welling. I'll admit that isn't saying much, but...you know. I love Henry to pieces, but he could benefit from some (more?) acting coaching. He has turned in mostly decent to good performances, but nothing phenomenal. He's not yet at the level where he can compensate or "self-correct" his own performance despite crappy/incompetent direction. *cough*TheColdLightofDay*cough* (Though, everybody sucked in that crapfest.)

Old 12-13-2013, 06:12 AM   #822
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc23 View Post
Now, I never said Henry was a great actor, just that he's better than Tom Welling. I'll admit that isn't saying much, but...you know. I love Henry to pieces, but he could benefit from some (more?) acting coaching. He has turned in mostly decent to good performances, but nothing phenomenal. He's not yet at the level where he can compensate or "self-correct" his own performance despite crappy/incompetent direction. *cough*TheColdLightofDay*cough* (Though, everybody sucked in that crapfest.)
I didn't think you were calling him great. lol. I was just trying to be clear that just because I find him to be the hottest man ever doesn't mean I think that he is a young Daniel Day Lewis. I agree with your assessment of his abilities as a matter of fact, you more or less nailed my feelings on him.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:06 PM   #823
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

I must say I am delighted by the ladies on here, that they can love Cavill while accepting his short comings and expressing some reservations.

These are extremely level headed fans and not fanbots, and are quite sensible as to what they like and dislike.

Bravo ladies!

Old 12-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #824
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Should Superman be effectively immortal in this series like he generally is in the comic books? I ask because it was brought up in the Wonder Woman thread about her potentially being tied to WWII as an immortal.

Old 12-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #825
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Good question.

I don't think he has to be nearly immortal, but I prefer he have a much longer life than humans mainly because it makes sense given how powerful he is and it allows for possible stories set in the future. It's also something interesting he and Lois would have to deal with.

Closed Thread