The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 07-14-2014, 02:37 AM   #426
Reiter
Banned User

Default Re: The Doomsday Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
What have to do Captain America with Doomsday here?
He was closer to "MUH SUPAHMAN", than MoS was.
Quote:
And more important to this comment.
Why some can't understand that Clark and Steve are totally different personalities, with some similar goals but only with the set power it changes the way the people look to them (some fear superman, and what about Cap? that doesn't happen.
The fearing Superman thing is a very new concept that caught on because DC is trying to copy Marvel's success. In the Marvel Universe the heroes arent as revered as they are (or should i say "were") in the DC one.
Quote:
but the actions of Superman are the reason to be inspiring by people eventhought some people on the world will be like cautious with his powers)
He beat the bad guys of the movie, the same way every superhero does. Even Wolverine. I like Wolverine, he's cool as hell, but i dont find him a person to look up to. And i didnt find MoS Superman to be that either.
Quote:
Some just see what they want. Why not asking Caps traits showed in his sequel, in his other two movie appearences? Those in my book were almost absent in his first two appearences. That's the thing the character continues evolving. And it's unfair to want those in a origin of a character that dealed with some other things that made him the hero he is, while in others they're just happy with what they had no matter if it's not what they wanted.
Yes, i dont expect him to be perfect from day one, that's why i have no problem with Morrison's Action, where he shows him in his early days being brash, impulsive and downright arrogant at times. But he's still a good guy, who is just pissed at evil and wants to see it destroyed. He doenst mope, he doesnt wait for a lecture, he doesnt go till he's 33 to put on a cape. He doesnt need some Goyer lecture to explain why he puts on the cape.

He just takes his baby blanket, ties it around his shoulders and beats up bad guys. He's a badass. So yeah, i'll take him over 33 year old mopey, passive aggressive, daddy's boy.

Reiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:39 AM   #427
Reiter
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLarenMP4 View Post
Here's a thematic reason for you.

Superman after MOS in the minds of the public is 50% good & 50% bad due to the destruction caused by the final battle etc..
they are going to be using this as a theme throughout the movie imo and is why Batman as yet doesn't trust him & quite rightly so.
Superman has been doing his best since the end of MOS saving people and trying to show people that he is to be trusted.
But there are still people who do not trust him, even after all these feats of heroism.
Suddenly there is this huge rage monster that is literally unstoppable and no one can take him down. Enter Superman who takes Doomsday away from the public and defeats him which ends with him sacrificing his life for the public who didn't trust him.
The public who were skeptical about him can now see that his intentions were good and he actually sacrificed himself for them and are humbled by it.
Having him just kill doomsday and not die would still make people skeptical of him but to actually sacrifice himself for humanity would convince them that this guy did have our best intentions at heart.
It's so simplistic and heavy handed.

Are you Goyer?

Old 07-14-2014, 03:55 AM   #428
teagone
Countryside General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiter View Post

Are you Goyer?
Amazing rebuttal.

teagone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:03 AM   #429
Reiter
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagone View Post
Amazing rebuttal.
No, it's just an opinion.

Old 07-14-2014, 04:04 AM   #430
teagone
Countryside General

Quote:
No, it's just an opinion.
Oh sorry, didn't use the arrows to go back in the conversation. Didn't realize he wasn't responding to you. My bad!

teagone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:11 AM   #431
McLarenMP4
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P. View Post
Also, him drawing Doomsday away from Metropolis would be a great meta way to stick it to the MOS complainers.
Yeah that was my thinking, it would show that he has progressed as a hero by learning from his mistakes from the battle with Zod

Quote:

Are you Goyer?
C'mon now, it was intentionally done that way to minimise the post and to have the theme explained in the simplest of terms.
I'm not a screenwriter as you can probably tell.

McLarenMP4 is offline   Reply With Quote