The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 11-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #26
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: Doomsday, the main villain (physical fight)!!!???

The argument that Batman cannot take Superman is true if we're talking about a direct physical confrontation. However, Batman would no be stupid enough to even try a direct physical confrontation. As for Doomsday, you could always have Lex be the one who's controlling him.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #27
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dk1201 View Post
As a batman only fan I really don't want the climax to be just superman with batman on the sidelines
too bad, it's a MoS sequal, not Wold's Finest

DIRECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #28
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR View Post
Keep telling yourself it's a Man of Steel sequel.

This isn't MOS2 or even Superman/Batman. It's Justice League Begins.

LEVITIKUZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #29
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
Keep telling yourself it's a Man of Steel sequel.

This isn't MOS2 or even Superman/Batman. It's Justice League Begins.
nope, it's a MOS sequal, with Batman in it. Just because WW or the Flash may appear in an after credit scene doesn't make it a JL Begins movie

DIRECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #30
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

There are no after credit scenes in DCCU movies. We are trying hard already not to mimic or not be accused of mimicing the MCCU.

And is a Batman/Superman movie. Call it whatever subtitle you want but both Sups and Bats will be the focus. Even haters loved Cavills Superman, they are NOT going to downplay him in favour of other characters, not even Batman.

Some of them fell into Hell
NosfeRomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #31
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
nope, it's a MOS sequal, with Batman in it. Just because WW or the Flash may appear in an after credit scene doesn't make it a JL Begins movie
Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Nightwing, maybe Flash, General Swanwick could be Martian Manhunter.

Justice League Begins. You're just a Lantern away from this being a Justice League film.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #32
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Nightwing, maybe Flash, General Swanwick could be Martian Manhunter.

Justice League Begins. You're just a Lantern away from this being a Justice League film.
why do you think swansick is martian manhunter?

Old 11-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #33
shauner111
Side-Kick

I cant see Doomsday in Batman vs Superman, it's just an easter egg for the future. And quite frankly they don't even have to use him. But I would use Darkseid for Justice League, Brainiac either for a future Supeman solo movie (or Trinity). Doomsday would only work in a final Superman movie down the line or in this BvS film.

But is it too much to have him and Lex along with Supes and Bats? Im convinced Dick Grayson and Diana Prince are nothing more than a scene or two for each, without their "superhero gear". So that's fine. But im just not sure about including Doomsday so soon. So ill just say they'll probably use him eventually.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #34
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eros View Post
why do you think swansick is martian manhunter?
It's more rumored than fact. I think he could be J'onn. He fits J'onn in some ways. He also didn't react to when Superman stood up or did something when the rest of the room did.

I'm just saying, he could be J'onn.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #35
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's more rumored than fact. I think he could be J'onn. He fits J'onn in some ways. He also didn't react to when Superman stood up or did something when the rest of the room did.

I'm just saying, he could be J'onn.
dude thats all you got, a U.S. army 4 star general didnt back away from superman....it means he is an alien? How does he fit MM? cause he stood by and let earth be almost destroyed? I dont understand your logic.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #36
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
dude thats all you got, a U.S. army 4 star general didnt back away from superman....it means he is an alien? How does he fit MM? cause he stood by and let earth be almost destroyed? I dont understand your logic.
Ok maybe he's not Martian Manhunter but it would still be awesome if he was. I don't want Cyborg.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #37
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ok maybe he's not Martian Manhunter but it would still be awesome if he was. I don't want Cyborg.
Huh how did you get cyborg?

Old 11-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #38
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
Huh how did you get cyborg?
Goyer said theres a Cyborg easter egg. A reference to Star Labs which created Cyborg.

In case you don't know, I'm a big Martian Manhunter fan. One of my favorite characters in comics. I dislike how he's been treated at DC lately being replaced by Cyborg and demoted.

I just hope J'onn is in the JL film. Having Swanwick may not make complete sense but it would be pretty awesome if we found out he was J'onn.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #39
shauner111
Side-Kick

Goyer keeps saying they reference STAR labs in the movie but nobody can point out that reference. It's probably not even there.

People like the idea (myself included) that General Swanwick is Martian Manhunter because the actor would simply make a good J'onn J'onzz. I prefer Lance Reddick but he's my second choice. It would be a cool twist.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #40
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Goyer keeps saying they reference STAR labs in the movie but nobody can point out that reference. It's probably not even there.

People like the idea (myself included) that General Swanwick is Martian Manhunter because the actor would simply make a good J'onn J'onzz. I prefer Lance Reddick but he's my second choice. It would be a cool twist.
was spotted a little while ago, Star Labs building is visible at the beginning of the second part of the Superman/Zod fight, it's briefly visible while they're flying through Metropolis.

KillerMcQueen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #41
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

And there is Emil Hamilton who in the comics worked for Star Lbs

Some of them fell into Hell
NosfeRomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #42
shauner111
Side-Kick

Oh ok thanks, I really don't know too much about Cyborg or the Teen Titans. I only know a bit of that character. I don't mind if they use Cyborg in this universe but I also don't mind if they use Martian Manhunter. If I had my way though, I wouldn't even do a traditional Justice League.

All I care about is the Trinity of DC. Im in the minority but if they only did a trio film with Clark, Bruce and Diana and never touched JLA I would be content. And im a fan of Barry Allen's Flash (don't really care for the others).

So I guess they added in a Doomsday nod in the MOS Blu-ray, so when I think about it, it could be a hint towards the new movie. Lex and Doomsday vs Batman and Superman in the final act with most of the film just being a straight forward Batman vs Superman with some Lex in the backround trying to act like a good guy for Metropolis?? That's the only way I see Doomsday working here.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #43
Manc_leprechaun

Brainiac would be a risk. you have the whole Ultron vs Brainiac comparison....

After seeing what they did to Doomsday on smallville if they were going to put him on the big screen I want absolute carnage, which I don't think they will do again in the next film.
To bring Batman into it I think there has to be a more cerebral threat then psychical to the villain

Manc_leprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #44
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Quote:

your post is comprised almost entirely of rumors, get your facts straight, and don't assume more than you actually know.

KillerMcQueen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #45
RAE072
Samhain

Oh please no Doomsday. Not this soon anyway. The only thing that Doomsday is known for is killing Superman by beating him to death. That can't happen this soon. It's only the first sequel.

I'D love to see Metallo being made and controlled by Lex Luthor as the villain(s) in the next movie. Superman, with Batman's help, defeats Metallo and finds out that Luthor is behind it, but he can't touch Luthor because he has no real proof. Just pays Lex a visit and let's Lex know that he knows.

Would also be a prime way to see some Bruce Wayne/Lex Luthor interaction. Which would be awesome.

RAE072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #46
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Another huge dumb fight scene that goes on for way too long as the climax? I hope not, but I'm also expecting it.

Old 11-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #47
Dk1201
Side-Kick

Quote:

UHM so who is Ben Affleck playing again?

Dk1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:11 PM   #48
Mike_D202
Green Lantern's roommate

I don't get it, where exactly is that scene from the pic you posted?

I imagine there was more of "MoS was a disappointment," with maybe a splash of "DC is dragging their feet." Maybe even "DC is just making a cash grab."
Mike_D202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #49
GreenKToo
In the fire

They can call it whatever they want but if ww, and flash make an appearence in it also the public wont be calling it mos 2. Heck, to me its already wf.

As for doomsday, id rather they wait. Id rather see lex and joker take on supes and bats. Metallo could be the muscle.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #50
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Oh ok thanks, I really don't know too much about Cyborg or the Teen Titans. I only know a bit of that character. I don't mind if they use Cyborg in this universe but I also don't mind if they use Martian Manhunter. If I had my way though, I wouldn't even do a traditional Justice League.

All I care about is the Trinity of DC. Im in the minority but if they only did a trio film with Clark, Bruce and Diana and never touched JLA I would be content. And im a fan of Barry Allen's Flash (don't really care for the others).

So I guess they added in a Doomsday nod in the MOS Blu-ray, so when I think about it, it could be a hint towards the new movie. Lex and Doomsday vs Batman and Superman in the final act with most of the film just being a straight forward Batman vs Superman with some Lex in the backround trying to act like a good guy for Metropolis?? That's the only way I see Doomsday working here.
I'm a DC fan, never overly cared for Wonder Woman or the Green Lanterns or Aquaman.

Batman is my favorite DC superhero. Loved him since I was a kid. Superman is my second. Third without a doubt is Martian Manhunter. Grow up on the Timm/Dini JL and that's when I first got to know J'onn and grew up a fan. Fourth would be Barry Flash. Since I got 4 guys, my 5th will go to my favorite DC lady: Zatanna.

Love more of the magic part of DC and the protectors of Cities than the Greek God and cosmic stuff. Again Martian Manhunter is the only cosmic (if we call him that) character I am a fan of both DC and Marvel.