The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 11-11-2013, 06:55 PM   #51
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Default Re: Doomsday, the main villain (physical fight)!!!???

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
Well Batman did take out Sinestro with a batarang.

Doomsday shouldn't be hard.
LOL I love how ridiculously over powered Batman was in the DCAU. Knocking over Darkseid with a kick and such.

Wise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #52
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dk1201 View Post
UHM so who is Ben Affleck playing again?
if you don't know what the story is for the Worlds' Finest, than look it up

DIRECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #53
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
Another huge dumb fight scene that goes on for way too long as the climax? I hope not, but I'm also expecting it.
The fight lasted seven minutes, that's hardly "too long."

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:20 PM   #54
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
Listen Zod already ****ed up Metropolis. We can't keep bringing in villains that will **** up the city. Give Metropolis some time to breath. We can't keep destroying the city.

So I say we have Brainiac steal the city.
maybe the fight will go global this time! not just the metropolis down, but all the major cities!!! how about that!!!

small scale destruction, you can have it as TV series. it isn't worth to be brought to the silver screen. no wow factor. not a block buster materials.

if batman vs superman isn't too soon; doomsday definitely is just at the right timing!!! and it doesn't require much screen time. itis a creature slept in the core of earth by be awaken by the world machine / maybe lex too.

it doesn't have to kill superman. perhaps superman just got badly injured in defeating doomsday. and this time, they can show superman in the lower hand because he is trying to save the people and the properties. People finally see superman is here to help us!!! win!!!

save darkside, brainiac, mongul for JL. metallo, parasite are just small fries, good for appetites, but not main villain.

Last edited by sf2; 11-11-2013 at 10:24 PM.
sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:49 PM   #55
sf2
Side-Kick

serious, it can works very well!
in the middle of the story, lex got all the people go against superman. superman surrendered himself in order to pacify the public. lex locked him up in his dungeon.

out of nowhere, doomsday erupted and ran amok!!! (maybe by the core harvesting techno by lex) all the human weaponry couldn't take it down... total destruction... people in deep fear... hope was getting lost...

batman and lois managed to find the way to Lex's dungeon and free superman.
wola, the epic fight began!!!

maybe superman saved lex too during the fight... but have him injured his scalp... therefore bald.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:53 PM   #56
C_Carmichael
Nerd Herder

Doomsday?

Serious /facepalm

They brought in Bane for TDKR and still couldnt pull it off "Knightfall" style, since Bruce was right back in a few weeks slugging it out with Bane.

But you don't simply get up and walk away from Doomsday, and the MoS franchise isn't nearly established enough for the Return of Superman via cloning.

If this is the route they take, it's a sure-fire failure of Michael Bay Transformers level scale and magnitude.

Need a villian that both Batman and Superman can equally combat. The number one candidate is Lex Luthor. Period.

C_Carmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:57 PM   #57
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Carmichael View Post
Doomsday?

Serious /facepalm

They brought in Bane for TDKR and still couldnt pull it off "Knightfall" style, since Bruce was right back in a few weeks slugging it out with Bane.

But you don't simply get up and walk away from Doomsday, and the MoS franchise isn't nearly established enough for the Return of Superman via cloning.

If this is the route they take, it's a sure-fire failure of Michael Bay Transformers level scale and magnitude.

Need a villian that both Batman and Superman can equally combat. The number one candidate is Lex Luthor. Period.
why must they follow the doomsday comicbook storyline; killing superman, the returning, the cloning??? why can't superman get only seriously injured by defeating doomsday???
how superman combat with lex luthor??? like in SR???

Old 11-11-2013, 11:07 PM   #58
C_Carmichael
Nerd Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
why must they follow the doomsday comicbook storyline; killing superman, the returning, the cloning??? why can't superman get only seriously injured by defeating doomsday???
how superman combat with lex luthor??? like in SR???
Well, they could always introduce the mecha-suit.

Batman combats Lex on wits, tactics and understanding of technology, giving him the role of "General" in directing Superman's combat of Lex's tech.

Superman battles Lex's mecha-suit in time honored fashion of attempting to go toe to toe with it, succumbing to it's Kryptonite power source, then heading Batman's directions for taking it out.

This story route implements some much needed things into the MoS universe:

Lex Luthor
Kryptonite

while giving Superman a reason to work with the Batman (instead of wanting to smash his face) and ends up cementing their psuedo-friendship by the end of the movie, leading into a Justice League.

What this movie should NOT tackle is:

Brainiac
Doomsday
Darkseid

these are considered "mega" threats, which would be much better material for a JL movie, ala The Avengers, in having to face a threat to the entire world.

C_Carmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:02 AM   #59
Imjenn
Subvisser 32

I've wanted a Superman: Doomsday movie for a long time now, but I don't think it would work for a WF movie. He might not even work in cinema at all, but I truly think that he should be a Superman only movie, not a Justice League movie enemy. The reason I think this is because putting Doomsday in there means they will probably go very similar to the Death of Superman arc, if not completely, and that puts Superman in the spotlight more than any other character-not what you want in a team movie.

Imjenn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:07 AM   #60
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Maybe they could use Doomsday in the Legion of Doom (JL2?)

And I'm not just saying that because of the names.

I think there's potential with a story where Batman's mistrust is somewhat responsible for Superman's death.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 11-12-2013 at 03:18 AM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:16 AM   #61
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
Another huge dumb fight scene that goes on for way too long as the climax? I hope not, but I'm also expecting it.
It amazes me that people have an appetite for an "epic fight scene" which would be 98% CGI. They just got that. It's time for something else.

DA_Champion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:17 AM   #62
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
Maybe they could use Doomsday in the Legion of Doom (JL2?)

And I'm not just saying that because of the names.

I think there's potential with a story where Batman's mistrust is somewhat responsible for Superman's death.
Yeah, let's retcon Superman's death storyline to be about Batman and his guilt, let's make it a Batman story.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:20 AM   #63
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

For the record,

though I can see fans' complaints with the execution of Doomsday's arc in Smallville, I thought it was overall a good idea. He came to Earth as a progeny of Zod, a foil to Clark, and he was also a human/kryptonian hybrid. I remember really liking the Chloe/Davis romance, it had the most chemistry of any romance on Smallville in the last few seasons.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:32 AM   #64
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
It amazes me that people have an appetite for an "epic fight scene" which would be 98% CGI. They just got that. It's time for something else.

Superhero movie will have violent fight, u know.

Btw. I think u r a big fan of SR... since ur taste is more on tv melodrama kind.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:41 AM   #65
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:

Superhero movie will have violent fight, u know.

Btw. I think u r a big fan of SR... since ur taste is more on tv melodrama kind.
If you just want to watch action scenes, watch Battle: Los Angeles. It's 2 hours of non-stop action, I fell asleep 45 minutes in.

The most important thing is having a good story. A great story is great forever. Great CGI is great for a few years.

Superman Returns did not have a good story, and it did not have good drama, so I'm not sure what your point is. Avatar had a better story than Superman Returns.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:18 AM   #66
elgaz
Side-Kick

I think if they introduce Doomsday at ANY point (be it this film, or 2/3 films ahead), then it's important that they have a decent backstory for him. Otherwise he's just a raging behemoth like we've seen in a thousand fantasy or sci-fi films.

What I liked about Doomsday's entrance in the comics was the initial mystery surrounding him. He didn't speak, he didn't communicate, he didn't make demands, and no-one had ever seen him before. He simply destroyed anything he encountered. And then they started to explore his backstory, and Superman learnt the shocking truth that Doomsday had come from Krypton, just like him. And I thought the notion of him evolving through thousands of cloning procedures - repeatedly being killed, cloned, facing enemies, and repeating - was a fantastic one, with Doomsday being forced to evolve into an unstoppable force.

Doomsday would actually represent the notion of selective breeding and pre-ordained traits (as introduced in MOS) on an even bigger scale than Zod and his cohorts did. Zod was bred to be a soldier, but was still capable of interacting with those around him, working with his own group, and so on. Doomsday on the other hand could be bred to be an absolutely mindless killing machine who doesn't differentiate between friend or foe; he simply destroys.

elgaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:55 AM   #67
the last son
Side-Kick

I'm ok with this. I'd save darkseid for Justice league and the last man of steel movie. All I know is the last man of steel movie should end with his death, so I thought they would save doomsday for that.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #68
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Here's the thing, people want epic superhero fights in the superhero movies, because that's part of their appeal. You CANNOT do a proper epic superhero fight without a lot of CGI, it's that simple. So complaining about the CGI makes no sense as it is quite necessary.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #69
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
I asked this earlier, but never got a response. Can someone please tell me where on the Blu Ray this screenshot is? Which disk? Is there a certain time that I'm supposed to stop at? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Kryptonian Warrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:27 PM   #70
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
If you just want to watch action scenes, watch Battle: Los Angeles. It's 2 hours of non-stop action, I fell asleep 45 minutes in.

The most important thing is having a good story. A great story is great forever. Great CGI is great for a few years.

Superman Returns did not have a good story, and it did not have good drama, so I'm not sure what your point is. Avatar had a better story than Superman Returns.
so why doomsday / epic fight = bad story???

btw, i didn't ask for non-stop action...

the first 3/4 of the movie can be the story about daily planet, lois & clark, lex's scheme making batman & the people & government & military & robots vs superman. you know demanding him to leave the planet of earth.

the last 1/4, the real threat (Doomsday) erupts, no one can stop it... superman returns and begins the epic fight. (this time, must insert in some saving deeds in the interval )

Old 11-12-2013, 11:32 PM   #71
InJustice
Side-Kick

Doomsday in World's Finest/Superman-Batman/whatever, in no way makes any sense whatsoever...(since I'm expecting Luthor-Metallo/2nd Villain).

Why would the filmmakers ever add a character who is traditionally symbolic of Superman's demise? Something like that I'd expect for the final Man of Steel/Justice League movie, not something as early as MOSII/WF/BvS/whatever.

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:09 AM   #72
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
Doomsday in World's Finest/Superman-Batman/whatever, in no way makes any sense whatsoever...(since I'm expecting Luthor-Metallo/2nd Villain).

Why would the filmmakers ever add a character who is traditionally symbolic of Superman's demise? Something like that I'd expect for the final Man of Steel/Justice League movie, not something as early as MOSII/WF/BvS/whatever.
Metallo is so cheap like an ironman terminator version. The fight never look good like In the TAS n public enemy.
Lex is the brain. Letting him wearing whatever suit to fight is comical n only make lex look stupid.

So Doomsday is just perfect for superman to fight to win the trust of the world.

U know the open pod in the FOS... high possible setup for it.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:28 AM   #73
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Metallo is so cheap like an ironman terminator version. The fight never look good like In the TAS n public enemy.
Lex is the brain. Letting him wearing whatever suit to fight is comical n only make lex look stupid.

So Doomsday is just perfect for superman to fight to win the trust of the world.

U know the open pod in the FOS... high possible setup for it.
Who said anything about Lex having to be in a suit? If anything, I expect Lex to appear as the good guy in the media, while being the manipulative ******* planning Superman's downfall. He doesn't need to fight him like in the comics. He can simply use Metallo to fight and damage Superman's reputation.

So, by your logic, for Superman to win the trust of his people, he should go through another fight that would easily supersede the scale of his fight against Zod? That makes absolutely no sense and people would only get more pissed off if **** was getting destroyed and lives were getting killed because of the fight. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but rather the timing is not right for this kind of movie.

You do realize that the open pod was a set up for Kara Zor-El? Nothing about Doomsday was mentioned in MOS.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:02 AM   #74
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
Who said anything about Lex having to be in a suit? If anything, I expect Lex to appear as the good guy in the media, while being the manipulative ******* planning Superman's downfall. He doesn't need to fight him like in the comics. He can simply use Metallo to fight and damage Superman's reputation.

So, by your logic, for Superman to win the trust of his people, he should go through another fight that would easily supersede the scale of his fight against Zod? That makes absolutely no sense and people would only get more pissed off if **** was getting destroyed and lives were getting killed because of the fight. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but rather the timing is not right for this kind of movie.

You do realize that the open pod was a set up for Kara Zor-El? Nothing about Doomsday was mentioned in MOS.
No mention Kara too in the MOS movie.

I'm saying metallo is a small fry. Good for the appetite / opening. But never the final fight/ the climate.

They could do the fight differently... like superman actually saves while fighting this time. Isnt sweeter?

N I welcome more destruction. Screw those who complain.
U have to game up for the sequel. More destruction... is unavoidable.

Old 11-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #75
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
No mention Kara too in the MOS movie.

I'm saying metallo is a small fry. Good for the appetite / opening. But never the final fight/ the climate.

They could do the fight differently... like superman actually saves while fighting this time. Isnt sweeter?

N I welcome more destruction. Screw those who complain.
U have to game up for the sequel. More destruction... is unavoidable.
Except the prequel MOS comic showed that the FOS ship was the same one that Kara and her group piloted. Hence, it's more plausible to assume that the FOS open pod is trying to show that Kara escaped rather than Doomsday.

I don't think so. Metallo could function as a really good climactic villain. He would pose as a challenge to Superman, seeing as how he has an elemental advantage over him (kryptonite, which I would think would be radically changed but similar in a way). One could even write motivations for him. Say John Corben was one of the affected victims in the Superman-Zod fight. Relied on LexCorp's prothesis to survive. Luthor modifies him to take on Superman. You not only have a revenge fantasy subplot, but you also establish a personal connection between Corben and Superman. He's no Joker, but with good writing, he has potential to be a downright awesome villain.

The problem with Doomsday is that he doesn't give you much space to allow humans to be saved. The Death of Superman comic showed this nicely. Superman was able to save humans, but for the most part, it was a struggle to do so when you've got a wrecking ball killing others in another area. I'm not saying that saving humans is going to be easy, but rather, people are going to take offense to Doomsday's destructive behaviour similarly to how Zod reacted in MOS. Not to mention, the collateral damage would easily dwarf Zod's battle.

Not necessarily. You don't need more destruction to have an epic feel. Why not build around an epic and personal fight scene between Superman and another villain? Where the stakes don't involve the entire city.