Riptide 9 17.31%
Silver Samurai / Yashida 1 1.92%
Viper / Dr. Green 8 15.38%
Others 2 3.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2013, 12:33 AM   #1
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Question Who are your least favorite characters in the entire X-Men film series?

Mine are:

X-Men 3: Shadowcat (but I might appreciate her if she's good in DOFP)
Origins: Agent Zero, John Wraith
First Class: Angel Salvadore

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:40 AM   #2
Melapi
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who are your least favorite characters in the entire X-Men film series?

X-Men 3: Shadowcat
First Class: Mystique and Emma Frost

For me none of them are worth the screentime they had.

Last edited by Melapi; 11-11-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Melapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:56 AM   #3
Antihero
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who are your least favorite characters in the entire X-Men film series?

Cyclops:Apart from his very few verbal banters with Wolverine,he was arguably the worst character in the OT

Outside the OT,it was Yashida/Silver Samurai

Last edited by Antihero; 11-11-2013 at 01:22 AM.
Antihero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:09 AM   #4
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antihero View Post
Cyclops:Apart from his very few verbal banters with Wolverine,he was arguably the wrist character in the OT
That's because of bad writing and the fact that before Avengers, nobody really knew how to approach a big ensemble cast of contrasting extraordinary interesting characters in films like these. Bryan Singer allowed Cyclops(my favorite X-man btw) to be repeatedly bastardized at the expense of Mr "Oh look at me and my pretty claws!" aka Wolverine.

At least in the 90's cartoons he was treated better.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:31 AM   #5
Antihero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
That's because of bad writing and the fact that before Avengers, nobody really knew how to approach a big ensemble cast of contrasting extraordinary interesting characters in films like these. Bryan Singer allowed Cyclops(my favorite X-man btw) to be repeatedly bastardized at the expense of Mr "Oh look at me and my pretty claws!" aka Wolverine.
Regardless of whatever the reason,there's no denying Cyclops was the most useless character(among the top guys) in the OT.

The Avengers may have been a very successful movie but the characters that shined were Iron Man and Hulk.Thor and Caps were horribly misused.And nobody cared about the other two guys.It's the case with any movie that involves plenty of characters.Take POTC as an example.Jack Sparrow was the most successful while Will Turner came across as a joke.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:41 AM   #6
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antihero View Post
Regardless of whatever the reason,there's no denying Cyclops was the most useless character(among the top guys) in the OT.

The Avengers may have been a very successful movie but the characters that shined were Iron Man and Hulk.Thor and Caps were horribly misused.And nobody cared about the other two guys.It's the case with any movie that involves plenty of characters.Take POTC as an example.Jack Sparrow was the most successful while Will Turner came across as a joke.
Again, it was bad writing.

Thor and Cap shined in Avengers. Thor got to take out every Chitauri soldier and Cap got to be the heroic strategist, plus the entire movie was written from his point of view.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by smallville fan; 11-11-2013 at 01:45 AM.
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:18 AM   #7
Antihero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
Again, it was bad writing.

Thor and Cap shined in Avengers. Thor got to take out every Chitauri soldier and Cap got to be the heroic strategist, plus the entire movie was written from his point of view.

Cyclops was the weakest character in the OT.Whether it was due to bad writing or any other reason,it makes no difference in the end.The end result is the only thing that matters and Cyclops came out looking very weak.I am not sure how any of you felt but I felt IronMan and Hulk stole the show with Thor/Caps felt playing more of a supporting role.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:46 AM   #8
A Dollar Short
Side-Kick

Some of the FC characters like Banshee, Angel, and Havok just did nothing for me. Emma wasn't too bad, I would like to see her in a future FC film.

Deadpool and Gambit from XW.

A Dollar Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:56 AM   #9
StarLord
It's Horchata, man.

Toad.

What a useless mutant.

StarLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:14 AM   #10
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

The only one I truly disliked was Angel Salvador.

She grows wings and spits flaming rocks.

Flaming Rocks.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #11
Bim
Side-Kick

Toad, Azazel and Havok are my least favorites.

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #12
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Based on reaction from board members you would think wolverine would be runing away with this poll.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #13
Antihero
Side-Kick

How can Wolverine have 2 votes?Does the internet have a bias against everything successful?

Most forums on the internet hate Avatar and Titanic.But they are two of the most successful movies in recent times and was widely enjoyed by the audiences.I am sure if the internet was present some decades back,I am sure Jaws,Star Wars and E.T would have been hated on the internet as well(These five movies are the 5 biggest hits of all time).

Old 11-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #14
conan69
Cimmerian

^ I HATE Avatar and E.T. Hate.

Anyways..
Storm
Toad
Angel Salvatore/Darwin (Tie)

conan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #15
def28
Side-Kick

Rogue and Weapon XI (Wade Wilson pre XI was cool though).

As well as Wraith, Agent Zero, Riptide, Stryker, Sabretoothe (X1), Toad, Angel Salvadore and Darwin.

Last edited by def28; 11-11-2013 at 11:48 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #16
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Emma Frost hands down for me.... I like the character in the comics but I just wasn't feeling her in Origins or First Class. Especially First Class... January Jones might look the part but she makes Kirsten Stewart look like an amazing actress.

Im just saying Jones done something to get the role and get into Hollywood... Because she's definitely the worst High Profile Actor I did ever see.

FILMRAPS.BLOGSPOT.COM
M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #17
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Toad--just wtf
Emma Frost--january Jones just phoned that performance

Cyclops--now this i don't get. They had a solid and handsome actor who did his best with what he was given, but goodness they just butchered his character. I mean, they just turned him into this soft, nice guy beta male who basically stood by and let 'the much more manly' Wolverine openly go after his girl.

At least they could have made him the consummate leader and strategist he was in the comics but no. They took way his greatest strengths AND emasculated him to boot.

1. The Avengers 2. The Dark Knight 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier . 4.X-Men:DOFP 5. Guardians Of The Galaxy 6.Spiderman 2 7. X2: X Men United. 8. Iron Man 9. Batman Begins. 10. X-Men: First Class
T"Challa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #18
Loki882
Side-Kick

Emma Frost-only because she's such and awesome and interesting character in the comics, and that really didn't come across in the movies AT ALL.
Juggernaut-Horribly miscast and reduced to comic relief, no just no.
Barakapool-Ryan Reynolds was so cool as Wade Wilson, and then they royally screwed it up.
Storm-Halle Berry is miscast, simple as that.
Origins Stryker-He was such a badass villain in X2, and here they make him an idiot with a nonsensical plan.

I actually prefer the film versions of Toad and Pyro to their comics counterparts (never been a fan of either of them in the comics).

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #19
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Callisto
Riptide
Agent Zero
Toad

Those characters are pretty much the only that i just couldn't stomach.

Barakapool, while a bad adaption provided a decent fight at least

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 11-11-2013 at 12:53 PM.
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #20
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Based on reaction from board members you would think wolverine would be runing away with this poll.
I don't think people hate Wolverine as a character or Jackman as an actor. They hate the amount of screentime he gets at the expense of other characters.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:06 PM   #21
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

In no particular order:

Angel Salvadore
Sebastian Shaw
Toad
Callisto
Juggernaut
John Wraith
Agent Zero

Arclight needs to be added to the poll.

And another poll should be done for "Character that was a pleasant surprise" I don't have an answer yet but that should be another interesting poll.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #22
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

While I have problems with Emma Frost ( a bit too detached), Viper (a bit cartoonish) and Sebastian Shaw (a bit miscast), my least favourites were:

Juggernaut - needed a much bigger actor, one of those Europeans/Russians who are 7ft-plus, and the comedy lines were dreadful.

Fred Dukes - he was fine before he became Blob and looked silly

Agent Zero - pretty pointless

Angel Salvadore - it only made it more offensive to canon to have an Angel who wasn't the Angel of the original five. Wings looked good, nice opponent for Banshee, but not sure about the fiery goo she was spitting.

John Wraith at least looked exactly like some of the comic book art even though I cannot stand Will.i.am. Callisto sort of worked for me, despite lack of eye patch, enhanced speed and her name never being mentioned in the movie.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #23
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

i much preferred him as The Blob.

Did he die? Can't remember.

Would love for him to return as a Brotherhood recruit of Mags in the 70s

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 11-11-2013 at 02:29 PM.
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #24
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

the blob was a lame character, another waste

Old 11-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #25
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Callisto sort of worked for me, despite lack of eye patch, enhanced speed and her name never being mentioned in the movie.
I just wanted her to STFU with her Level 5, Level 10 mutant lines.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote